AFTER LOST

a place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost..
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MLB 2012 Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:47 pm

Man, when I said I hope the NL pitching could shut down the AL offense....I didn't think they'd actually shut them out! Great job last night!
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:24 pm

I gave all the Ranger fans at work Hell, told them if there would have been a few more Red Sox players playing, we would have at least scored

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12874
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Ez wrote:
I gave all the Ranger fans at work Hell, told them if there would have been a few more Red Sox players playing, we would have at least scored
that they can still do, even with their AAA players, if they could only friggin pitch. I thought they were getting it together, then they went out west and apparently left any semblance of starting pitching on the pane when they got there
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Ez wrote:
I gave all the Ranger fans at work Hell, told them if there would have been a few more Red Sox players playing, we would have at least scored


they'll be laughing at you when they trot Hamels out to the mound in a few weeks 36
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12874
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:26 pm

blondie wrote:
Ez wrote:
I gave all the Ranger fans at work Hell, told them if there would have been a few more Red Sox players playing, we would have at least scored


they'll be laughing at you when they trot Hamels out to the mound in a few weeks
but you're probably right
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7186
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:36 pm

so 30,000 fans boo and the commish wants to change the all star game rules

but millions of fans boo the stupidity of some umps and selig doesn't want to go to a replay system
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:39 pm

I think game changing calls should be allowed to go to replay - at least

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12874
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 pm

ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
so 30,000 fans boo and the commish wants to change the all star game rules

but millions of fans boo the stupidity of some umps and selig doesn't want to go to a replay system
pretty much. I fully support instant replay, getting the call right is what everyone involved wants, and if replay helps that then why not. they say it will make the games longer, really, the Red sox routinely play games that are well over 3 hours anyway, how much more will it add?? 5 minutes? 10? big friggin deal
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:45 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:
I gave all the Ranger fans at work Hell, told them if there would have been a few more Red Sox players playing, we would have at least scored
that they can still do, even with their AAA players, if they could only friggin pitch. I thought they were getting it together, then they went out west and apparently left any semblance of starting pitching on the pane when they got there

They never do well on West Coast Trips, I think they are ready for a strong second half.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:46 pm

blondie wrote:
Ez wrote:
I gave all the Ranger fans at work Hell, told them if there would have been a few more Red Sox players playing, we would have at least scored


they'll be laughing at you when they trot Hamels out to the mound in a few weeks 36

No, because they are all "New" Ranger fans, therefore I know more about their team than they do and they know it. Cool

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15289
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:17 am

Sources tell Jayson Stark of ESPN.com that the Philadelphia Phillies are preparing to offer a substantial contract extension to lefthander Cole Hamels in an attempt to sign him before the trading deadline.

Stark writes that the market for Hamels was established by the five-year, $112.5 million extension that the San Francisco Giants lavished on righthander Matt Cain, and also by the five-year, $120 million free-agent deal Philadelphia gave to lefthander Cliff Lee.

The Phillies have never given a pitcher more than five years guaranteed, but sources say that they have had numerous internal discussions about whether to break that rule for Lee.

Two rival executives said that the Philly front office has been expressing optimism that the team can get a deal done with Hamels. “They’re trying to sign him,” said one of those executives. “And they think it’s going to happen. At least that’s what I was told.”

If Hamels does not sign soon, Stark writes that the Phillies will likely try to trade him before the July 31 trading deadline.

Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:51 am

Derek wrote:
Sources tell Jayson Stark of ESPN.com that the Philadelphia Phillies are preparing to offer a substantial contract extension to lefthander Cole Hamels in an attempt to sign him before the trading deadline.

Stark writes that the market for Hamels was established by the five-year, $112.5 million extension that the San Francisco Giants lavished on righthander Matt Cain, and also by the five-year, $120 million free-agent deal Philadelphia gave to lefthander Cliff Lee.

The Phillies have never given a pitcher more than five years guaranteed, but sources say that they have had numerous internal discussions about whether to break that rule for Lee.

Two rival executives said that the Philly front office has been expressing optimism that the team can get a deal done with Hamels. “They’re trying to sign him,” said one of those executives. “And they think it’s going to happen. At least that’s what I was told.”

If Hamels does not sign soon, Stark writes that the Phillies will likely try to trade him before the July 31 trading deadline.




obviously the first choice is to sign him - they had to know from the beginning that Lee's contract would be the minimum


plan B is to trade him now for help and sign him has a FA this off season.

Halladay has expressed a desire to go down fighting this season and they won't do that without Cole.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12874
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:01 am

Ellsbury is back, crawfiord for better or worse scheduled back on Monday, Pedey should be back by wednesday. If they can pitch, they still have a shot at it. I will remain as optimistic as a Sox fan can be until i see them drop further out of the race. a long way to go stil, and they are in the thick of the wild card race. they are 21/2 behind 5 teams for the final spot, but I expect cleveland and baltimore to fade, which leaves detroit ( not enough pitching other than verlander) and tampa( a threat always good pitching but they can't hit and longoria) and Cali ( a real threat, solid team) this weekend is important, they need to sweep tamp to get back in the race C'mon sox show some balls and win some games
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:33 am

blondie wrote:
Derek wrote:
Sources tell Jayson Stark of ESPN.com that the Philadelphia Phillies are preparing to offer a substantial contract extension to lefthander Cole Hamels in an attempt to sign him before the trading deadline.

Stark writes that the market for Hamels was established by the five-year, $112.5 million extension that the San Francisco Giants lavished on righthander Matt Cain, and also by the five-year, $120 million free-agent deal Philadelphia gave to lefthander Cliff Lee.

The Phillies have never given a pitcher more than five years guaranteed, but sources say that they have had numerous internal discussions about whether to break that rule for Lee.

Two rival executives said that the Philly front office has been expressing optimism that the team can get a deal done with Hamels. “They’re trying to sign him,” said one of those executives. “And they think it’s going to happen. At least that’s what I was told.”

If Hamels does not sign soon, Stark writes that the Phillies will likely try to trade him before the July 31 trading deadline.




obviously the first choice is to sign him - they had to know from the beginning that Lee's contract would be the minimum


plan B is to trade him now for help and sign him has a FA this off season.

Halladay has expressed a desire to go down fighting this season and they won't do that without Cole.

Seeing as how the Phils want and arm and a leg for him....they should just keep him.

Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:49 am

for a rental at that

there's no way they'd agree to a trade if an extension was made as a requirement (as we did when we traded for Halladay)


it would also suck to see him in another uniform, even for 2 months.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15289
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:32 pm

There go those damn weeds again 55
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12874
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am

2 0f 3 from tampa, I'll take it, a game and half out of the wild card, i'll take it. hopefully they can beat up on the white sox tonite, ellsbury got some hits, and crawford is coming back, hopefully they can put a run together. i'm not giving up hope yet
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:59 am

It was a good series, hope they can maintain the momentum from it.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Nice win tonight against the White Sox, ANd Crawford returned, hopefully for good. 36

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12874
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Ez wrote:
Nice win tonight against the White Sox, ANd Crawford returned, hopefully for good.
and hopefully papi is only out a few days, that did not look promising though
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:10 am

So, 3 in a row, Doc's back tonight, Howard hit his first HR in opposite field Dodge stadium fashion and Joe Blanton tossed 8 innings.

It could be too late but at least now they are becoming something to watch.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12874
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:11 am

blondie wrote:
So, 3 in a row, Doc's back tonight, Howard hit his first HR in opposite field Dodge stadium fashion and Joe Blanton tossed 8 innings.

It could be too late but at least now they are becoming something to watch.
still alot of season left, you never know.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 am

yeah, if they can manage about 10 or so in a row I'll believe it.


Still, I can't deny that a shred of hope still lingers. Our pitching needs to step up big time.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12874
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:48 am

The Sox schedule for the next 2 weeks is brutal.
3 more with the white Sox
Toronto
at texas
at new york
and then detroit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   

Back to top Go down
 
MLB 2012 Season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Full Roster for 2012 season
» MLB 2012 Season
» Teambuilder 2012
» Mid year diary 2012-13
» Chris at Glee Season 4 Premiere, 12 Sept 2012

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: MLB Happenings-
Jump to: