AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MLB 2012 Season

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:35 pm

and only 1 DH spot
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:37 pm

5/125

same as our very own Ryan Howard


this is per a tweet from someone
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:39 pm

@blondie wrote:
5/125

same as our very own Ryan Howard


this is per a tweet from someone
27.5 a year, he is a great player, if he doesn't fall off the wagon, or relapse on the chew
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Dempster to the Red Sox
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:02 pm

@blondie wrote:
Dempster to the Red Sox
I heard they were talking, 2 years, 30 mil, something like that. we'll see if he can pitch in the american league
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 pm

2/26.5
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Tim Horstmann ‏@tim_horstmann

@CrashburnAlley The market has spoken: Ryan Howard is as good as Josh Hamilton. #jokes #tcot
Retweeted by Bill Baer




lol2 Poor Ryan. To be kinda fair, he has been hurt the last 2 years or so.

You know I refuse to give up on him sbob
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Red Sox signed Ryan Dempster.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3583
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:18 pm

The Dodgers are stealing Cardinals left and right. 36
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3583
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Hamilton to the Angels....I thought they were out of money.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Over paid for a broke down player

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:38 pm

@JJ wrote:
Hamilton to the Angels....I thought they were out of money.


Torri hunter said the same thing 55
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:39 pm

This is going to be an interesting season


Good news for Derek too. Anibal Sanchez to sign.

edit: well close. not final yet. Between cubbies and tigers


Last edited by blondie on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:19 pm

@Ez wrote:
Red Sox signed Ryan Dempster.

wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over rated...he sucks...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:48 pm

He is better than what is already there though.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:00 am

@Ez wrote:
He is better than what is already there though.
how friggin sad is that
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:39 am

Phils picked up Mike Adams and John Lannan. They could be done now.

Come on Spring Training.
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:11 pm

The Astros were unable to talk Berkman into coming back and hitting DH so they signed Carlos Pena to a one year deal. God, I hate talking about the DH and the Astros. :|
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 am

I'm sure you'll get used to it hair
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:53 am

@Rob wrote:
The Astros were unable to talk Berkman into coming back and hitting DH so they signed Carlos Pena to a one year deal. God, I hate talking about the DH and the Astros.
welcome to the american league, where pitchers sit and hitters hit
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
The Astros were unable to talk Berkman into coming back and hitting DH so they signed Carlos Pena to a one year deal. God, I hate talking about the DH and the Astros.
welcome to the american league, where pitchers sit and hitters hit



this is probably not the best endorsement coming from the Red Sox tongue
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 am

@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
The Astros were unable to talk Berkman into coming back and hitting DH so they signed Carlos Pena to a one year deal. God, I hate talking about the DH and the Astros.
welcome to the american league, where pitchers sit and hitters hit



this is probably not the best endorsement coming from the Red Sox
the only thing the red sox pitchers do worse than pitching, is hitting
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:26 am

The only thing they do good is drink in the clubhouse Cool
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:29 am

that's kinda where I was going with that. smilingnerd

Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3583
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:43 pm

@Rob wrote:
The Astros were unable to talk Berkman into coming back and hitting DH so they signed Carlos Pena to a one year deal. God, I hate talking about the DH and the Astros. :|

Sorry, I think we broke Berkman. : (
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:15 am

lance brokeman? lol

the cubs have signed 3 or 4 pitchers that are ALL recovering from tommy john surgery and other arm ailments lol...we are now a rehab organization ...if you have a hurt player send him over...we'll get him back together!
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3583
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:48 pm

did the cubs sign edwin jackson?
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:39 pm

um last i checked they were just talking about it...not sure yet...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:40 pm

we tried to get anibal sanchez from detroit too...offered him like a 5 year deal...he chose lesser money and stayed with detroit...haha noone wants to be a cub...i dont blame them
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:17 pm


_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm ready for spring training

Let's just go!
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:40 am

@blondie wrote:
I'm ready for spring training

Let's just go!
feb 10, pitchers and catchers report to fort meyers for the Sox
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:44 pm

I've heard that we have Halliday and Kendrick already there. Our new cf has tweeted several times about working out and hitting but he's not in Florida. I hope to hear more guys show up early. They need the practice.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:56 pm

hard to believe ina little over a month they start it all up again
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:00 pm

It did seem fast. Hopefully we'll have a better showing this time. Once again health is the key
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3583
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:00 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
hard to believe ina little over a month they start it all up again

yay

I'm not sure the Cards will be as magic as they have been the last couple years, but I need baseball in my life. STAT!
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3583
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Where is Rob? Berkman to the Rangers, how do you feel about that?
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 pm

about 35 days or so until spring training woooo


I think we'll be ok. There's a lot of questions but not all questions are bad. I think there's a lot of potential. The FA market sucked - I'm glad we didn't overpay for someone we already had.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:04 pm

No one elected to the Hall of Fame this year :O
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:25 pm

I think they should put all of the roid users in the Hall,and call it the steroid era. The baseball hall of fame is the biggest joke of all the HOF's.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7931
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 pm

I agree

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7931
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

and how do you strip Lance Armstrong of his titles when all the top finishers were doping

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Exactly

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 am

@JJ wrote:
Where is Rob? Berkman to the Rangers, how do you feel about that?

I don't blame him. Houston wasn't about to give him $10mil/year for just one year. I've always been a huge Berkman fan and I wish him luck with the Rangers next year. He'll be fine as a DH and should pick up some slack, if healthy, with them losing Hamilton.
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 am

@Ez wrote:
I think they should put all of the roid users in the Hall,and call it the steroid era. The baseball hall of fame is the biggest joke of all the HOF's.

I agree that it is the biggest joke and part of that may be my bias against most baseball writers who do the voting. In my mind they are geeks who never played the game and live in this fantasy world that they are these great protectors of the game. They've become elitists. When I think of these guys I think of Bob Costas, who I just don't have any respect for.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:04 pm

@Rob wrote:
@Ez wrote:
I think they should put all of the roid users in the Hall,and call it the steroid era. The baseball hall of fame is the biggest joke of all the HOF's.

I agree that it is the biggest joke and part of that may be my bias against most baseball writers who do the voting. In my mind they are geeks who never played the game and live in this fantasy world that they are these great protectors of the game. They've become elitists. When I think of these guys I think of Bob Costas, who I just don't have any respect for.
I agree, the baseball writers think they are somehow preserving the integrity of the game. give me a break, for most of it existence they wouldn't allow black players, the players were a bunch of drunks, pill poppers and anything else they could be to get better, I just don't see steroids as anything different but a new drug.


they took uppers for years, yesterday i heard a guy on the radio say it isn't the same, it only allowed you to play like you already could in the dog days of the season. WTF is that, so it's OK to take a drug to make you play "like you already could", but without you wouldn't have been able to, but not Ok to take a drug that gave you an advantage over another guy, isn't it the same freaking thing??
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:44 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@Ez wrote:
I think they should put all of the roid users in the Hall,and call it the steroid era. The baseball hall of fame is the biggest joke of all the HOF's.

I agree that it is the biggest joke and part of that may be my bias against most baseball writers who do the voting. In my mind they are geeks who never played the game and live in this fantasy world that they are these great protectors of the game. They've become elitists. When I think of these guys I think of Bob Costas, who I just don't have any respect for.
I agree, the baseball writers think they are somehow preserving the integrity of the game. give me a break, for most of it existence they wouldn't allow black players, the players were a bunch of drunks, pill poppers and anything else they could be to get better, I just don't see steroids as anything different but a new drug.


they took uppers for years, yesterday i heard a guy on the radio say it isn't the same, it only allowed you to play like you already could in the dog days of the season. WTF is that, so it's OK to take a drug to make you play "like you already could", but without you wouldn't have been able to, but not Ok to take a drug that gave you an advantage over another guy, isn't it the same freaking thing??

I agree. I also hate the way Pete Rose has been treated. So he gambled as a manager, fine, don't let him manage anymore. But the HOF is based on what was accomplished on the diamond and on the diamond the guy was a freakin beast. Most hits than anyone else in history. If we're going to go based on crap like that then throw out Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb.

When I think of these jackasses I also can't help but think of Robert Duvall's character in The Natural.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 pm

I completely agree, thats why I consider the MLB HOF a joke, none of the top players are in it.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   

Back to top Go down
 
MLB 2012 Season
Back to top 
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: MLB Happenings-
Jump to: