woooo
@Ez wrote:
Ellsbury set a Red Sox record tonight with 5 SB's. Cool
woooo woooo woooo woooo woooo

that's what he was doing to the Phillies last night tongue
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 7:28 am

Oh and Blondie, he will be available at the end of the year, a good chance the phillies offer him a ton of cash
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 8:45 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
Oh and Blondie, he will be available at the end of the year, a good chance the phillies offer him a ton of cash

isn't he represented by Boras? We don't do much with him.

what happened in the 9th? I'm assuming durbin gave up extra runs? I liked that signing at first but he's been pretty much useless. They only put him in now when the game is already over.

Pettibone didn't do too badly considering who he was facing. That was his first major league loss.

The good news is that we face the Marlins and the Brewers so we still have a chance to get over .500
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 8:46 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
woooo
@Ez wrote:

facepalm since its usually a cold day in hell when they score more than 3 runs a game, they just give up sometimes :|
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 8:49 am

@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:

what happened in the 9th? I'm assuming durbin gave up extra runs? I liked that signing at first but he's been pretty much useless. They only put him in now when the game is already over.

Pettibone didn't do too badly considering who he was facing. That was his first major league loss.

The good news is that we face the Marlins and the Brewers so we still have a chance to get over .500
yeah he is a Boras client, he'll be looking for upwards of 15 mill a year for 6 years at least, which will limit his choices. Not sure he will get that, but it's what he'll be looking for, maybe more if he has a good season.

there are only a few teams willing to spend money like that i would prefer if he doesn't stay here that he goes to a national league team, because the yankees i'm sure will make a run at him.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 8:50 am

@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
woooo
@Ez wrote:

facepalm since its usually a cold day in hell when they score more than 3 runs a game, they just give up sometimes :|
they pissed him off in the 8th when they plunked him, he said he was going to get to third with as few pitches as possible. all those stolen bases, and he score 1 run all night
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 8:52 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:

yeah he is a Boras client, he'll be looking for upwards of 15 mill a year for 6 years at least, which will limit his choices. Not sure he will get that, but it's what he'll be looking for, maybe more if he has a good season.

there are only a few teams willing to spend money like that i would prefer if he doesn't stay here that he goes to a national league team, because the yankees i'm sure will make a run at him.

we could use a CF - Revere just isn't cutting it. His arm is terrible and he should be in LF. Then we could move Dom to RF.
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 8:53 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
woooo
@Ez wrote:

they pissed him off in the 8th when they plunked him, he said he was going to get to third with as few pitches as possible. all those stolen bases, and he score 1 run all night

yeah, that was stupid. Horst hasn't been that great either and has no business putting someone on base like that. He does that enough with his pitching
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 8:54 am

@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:

we could use a CF - Revere just isn't cutting it. His arm is terrible and he should be in LF. Then we could move Dom to RF.
i bet they are in the mix for him, he will go where the money is and you can't blame him, if a team is gonna give you 100 million gauranteed why wouldn't you go.

He's a great centerfielder, and has some pop in his bat and as shown last night speed
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 8:59 am

The sox are going into the month that will determine their season I think.

their opponents coming up are
yankees
texas
angels
tampa bay
baltimore
Tampa bay
detroit.

No patsys there
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 9:35 am

maybe the Angels 987

I think as long as they stay within 2-3 games of .500 (or 2nd place, as the case may be) I think they will try to buy an outfielder. They are better in the 2nd half and as feeble as they are, they could be 1 "impact bat" away from consistency.

Or else good bye to many and hello to the AAA kids - we do have some prospects in there that should make it next year anyway.

Either way, Brown has been a highlight - I'm happy he seems to have found his way.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 12:42 pm

@JJ wrote:
It is ridiculous that in a 2-1 game in the top of the ninth that Matheny brings in Boggs, who has struggled so much. Of course he gives up a home run to tie the game. We were SO effing close to getting this game won and done before the rain came back...to give Michael Wacha his first ML win and noooooowwww, THE ROYALS are winning. Eff.

See, I have problems too! 36

0% of you care but the game started back up at 3 AM...The Royals were REALLY pushing for them to not call the game because if they did, the Cards would have won 2-1. Now let's see how horribly this time delay will eff with our game against the Giants tonight...more rain in the forecast too.

ST. LOUIS -- The Royals were at their politicking best early Friday morning as they lobbied the umpires, led by crew chief Joe West, to keep waiting for the rain to stop. Heck, left fielder Alex Gordon even grabbed a rake and headed onto the field.

"We were all lobbying," said right fielder Jeff Francoeur. "You saw Gordo take the dirt out there and he was going to help the grounds crew out."

In the midst of a ninth-inning rally that gave the Royals a 4-2 lead over the Cardinals on Thursday night, heavy rain forced the game to stop at 10:32 p.m. CT. It had already started an hour late, at 8:15 p.m. CT, because of rain.

The Cardinals hoped the umpires would wave off the game because, if that happened, they would win, 2-1, as the score would have reverted to what it was at end of the last completed inning. Under most other circumstances the game could have been suspended, with the Royals leading, but that wasn't an option in this case because of a new rule introduced this year.

It's Rule 4.12(b)(4) and, if the affected game happens to be the last one scheduled between two teams, it's a called game and whatever runs the visiting team has scored in the top of an uncompleted inning are wiped out.

In other words, West had two options: Wait out the rain and finish the game or call it, in which case St. Louis would have won.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 12:52 pm

@JJ wrote:
@JJ wrote:
It is ridiculous that in a 2-1 game in the top of the ninth that Matheny brings in Boggs, who has struggled so much. Of course he gives up a home run to tie the game. We were SO effing close to getting this game won and done before the rain came back...to give Michael Wacha his first ML win and noooooowwww, THE ROYALS are winning. Eff.

0% of you care but the game started back up at 3 AM...The Royals were REALLY pushing for them to not call the game because if they did, the Cards would have won 2-1. Now let's see how horribly this time delay will eff with our game against the Giants tonight...more rain in the forecast too.

ST. LOUIS -- The Royals were at their politicking best early Friday morning as they lobbied the umpires, led by crew chief Joe West, to keep waiting for the rain to stop. Heck, left fielder Alex Gordon even grabbed a rake and headed onto the field.

"We were all lobbying," said right fielder Jeff Francoeur. "You saw Gordo take the dirt out there and he was going to help the grounds crew out."

In the midst of a ninth-inning rally that gave the Royals a 4-2 lead over the Cardinals on Thursday night, heavy rain forced the game to stop at 10:32 p.m. CT. It had already started an hour late, at 8:15 p.m. CT, because of rain.

The Cardinals hoped the umpires would wave off the game because, if that happened, they would win, 2-1, as the score would have reverted to what it was at end of the last completed inning. Under most other circumstances the game could have been suspended, with the Royals leading, but that wasn't an option in this case because of a new rule introduced this year.

It's Rule 4.12(b)(4) and, if the affected game happens to be the last one scheduled between two teams, it's a called game and whatever runs the visiting team has scored in the top of an uncompleted inning are wiped out.

In other words, West had two options: Wait out the rain and finish the game or call it, in which case St. Louis would have won.
it is kinda ridiculous to start a game back up at 3AM, and it should have been called after what, 3 -4 hours of sitting around waiting. I wonder how many people hung around, i'm sure a few did, no way I would be sitting there, I could have gone home and cleaned up dog puke and watched it on TV tongue
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 1:10 pm

@JJ wrote:
@JJ wrote:

I care sbob

I'm just jealous that your team wins leg
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 1:12 pm

@JJ wrote:
@JJ wrote:

they wipe out the runs? That doesn't seem fair, whether the call the game or not

of course my team has trouble scoring and that would probably break them completely

of course now that I re-read that, I guess its so both teams play the same amount of innings but still, that would suck if that was your team
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 1:18 pm

which is why they started the stupid game back up at 3 in the morning, if they called it, there would have been a protest from the royals.
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 1:19 pm

Vod/Ez - did you guys know that Beckett may be done forever? He has numbness in his pitching hand - this is the first I've seen of it

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-kemp-20130531,0,6007559.story
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 1:21 pm

@blondie wrote:
Vod/Ez - did you guys know that Beckett may be done forever? He has numbness in his pitching hand - this is the first I've seen of it

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-kemp-20130531,0,6007559.story
he was done before we traded him tongue tongue but yeah i read that today, he fell off a cliff from a near Cy young year to a bum in no time at all.
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Phillies released Chad Durbin

I'm not surprised - he really didn't seem to have anything left
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 2:57 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:

he was done before we traded him tongue tongue but yeah i read that today, he fell off a cliff from a near Cy young year to a bum in no time at all.

Yea, unloaded that contract at exactly the right time.

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri May 31, 2013 2:59 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:

I think he will stay in Boston, now that the payroll is manageable.

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 am

@Ez wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:

I think he will stay in Boston, now that the payroll is manageable.
I wish he would stay on the damn field, steals 5 bases, takes the weekend off :|

though it was a good weekend, i think they need to get lester a skipped start and see what happens, he's ben struggling a bit and they a chance to get him a break with morales there.

all in all though, the bats were there and the pitching was pretty damn good
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:41 am

I thought it was a great weekend as well, always good to beat the Stanks, even if they are as beat up as the Sox have been the last few years.

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:46 am

@Ez wrote:
I thought it was a great weekend as well, always good to beat the Stanks, even if they are as beat up as the Sox have been the last few years.
yeah, they have a tough month to go thru, hopefully they can take the series against texas, the last time they played it took them nearly a month to recover.

if they make it thru June with a res[pectable record they will be in good shape.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:55 am

Yes, I know, this is a very important series coming up.

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Dominic brown is tied with Miguel Cabrera for 2nd in home runs. coffee
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:27 am

@blondie wrote:
Dominic brown is tied with Miguel Cabrera for 2nd in home runs. coffee
he should give sme lessons to ryan howard, Howard is a big boy, if he had the right teacher he might just turn into a good player and get a mega contract tongue
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:25 am

I know, right omg

Howard got a double last night - I hope that having Dom hit 5th will force pitchers to not throw him crap to chase (as much).

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:31 am

he would look good with a B on his hat Cool we'll give you Aceves, and mike carp for him tongue http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/cliff-lee-philadelphia-phillies-prepared-to-be-traded-again-060313
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:40 am

who? Dom or Lee?

I'm getting tired of reading about the "impending" Lee trade

we're not THAT far behind 36 A tiny bit of offense and we'll be back in it.
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:44 am

lmao

tonights lineup:

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:55 am

@blondie wrote:
lmao

tonights lineup:

and brown will pinch hit for Young in the 7th inning tongue
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:21 pm

@blondie wrote:
who? Dom or Lee?

wait til july you think you're tired of it now
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:17 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
who? Dom or Lee?

wait til july you think you're tired of it now

I know cry Unless the magic of Brown permeates the rest of the team and they start to climb a little.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Ugh, Yadi second to Buster friggin' Posey again this year in the all start voting so far.
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Michael young Grounds into an inadvertent double play when Ben Revere is called for holding at second base :|
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Sox are killing the Rangers. coffee

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:48 pm

I just saw that :O
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:29 am

wow, wasn't expecting that, if we can just score 15 runs a game, dempster could be a cy young candidate 987
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:34 am

With a win today

we could get to .500 (again)

Hamels will get his 2nd win (yes, SECOND)

sweep a team in a 3 game series

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:41 am

@blondie wrote:
With a win today

we could get to .500 (again)

Hamels will get his 2nd win (yes, SECOND)

sweep a team in a 3 game series

I'm pulling for you, today, they just need a little run to get right back into it. washington is feeling the injury bug, with the brat and strasburg both suffering from injuries right now,

C'MON PHILLIES!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:00 am

yay

if they can't get a win streak going then they are doomed. For the next week they continue to play teams worse than them.

I think we get a Halladay update today - he was in town for a dr. appt.

Back to top Go down
Derek

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am

the only baseball i care about is my fantasy team...that has zero cubs on it.....

side note: i went from last place two weeks ago to 4th place today...woop...im a good manager!
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:42 pm

@Derek wrote:
the only baseball i care about is my fantasy team...that has zero cubs on it.....

side note: i went from last place two weeks ago to 4th place today...woop...im a good manager!
better than the Cub's manager lol2
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Matt Carpenter was hit 3 times last night..THREE TIMES!
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:03 pm

@JJ wrote:
Matt Carpenter was hit 3 times last night..THREE TIMES!
he needs to backdafuck off the plate or he's gonna get hit again base Evil
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:07 pm

:|
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:14 pm

@JJ wrote:
:|
well, he got hit 3 times, you'd think he'd figure it out on his own tongue
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:20 pm

but he wasn't!
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:25 pm

maybe the pitcher just didn't like him, or he was hitting on his wife before the game tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   

Back to top Go down

MLB 2013
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next