AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Post new topic   Reply to topicShare | 
 

 Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 9:37 am

I don't think Brenda should win it, I didn't even remember she was on the show until a few eps ago, before that she was hardly in it, Cochran should win both.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 9:43 am


_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 9:47 am


_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 9:52 am

@Derek wrote:
yea..id like for him to win...and brenda get the fan favorite...but if cockring doesnt win im going for eddie the underdog..


lmao you're killing me again
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 10:10 am

Cochran wins and gets fan favorite...none of the others left is as noteworthy...and the others don't deserve it because they hadn't gotten far enough...

I find it kind of funny that people like a certain contestant as long as they're a lovable loser, but when they start wising up, playing the game the way it needs to be played in order to win (that IS why they're there (mostly) and are enduring all the crap they're going thru), then they don't like them any more....I would say walk a mile in their soggy sand-filled shoes, then judge...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 10:14 am

I agree, it is a game, the moment Brenda gave everyone time to spend with her loved ones, she became the biggest target out there. It was a great move.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 10:27 am

@Ez wrote:
I agree, it is a game, the moment Brenda gave everyone time to spend with her loved ones, she became the biggest target out there. It was a great move.

It was a weighing thing I guess, you piss off Dawn, or you piss off the other 4...in her eyes I think she saw what she was doing as garnering good will among 4, to endure one enemy...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 10:28 am

Which is why you have to throw that comp, it is a lose lose situation

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 10:29 am

@Ez wrote:
Which is why you have to throw that comp, it is a lose lose situation

Luckily for Cochran he does not have a particularly athletic Mom lol
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 10:36 am

I would tell my family member to not try to hard, we are trying to lose lol.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9543
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Cockring lol4


Brenda would get my vote as favourite. Cool
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 3:21 pm

yea i liked her early on...jus like the person she is..thought she was pretty strong too..and pretty smart...although i would not have won that challenge..nothing good happens from winning that ..they should know better from previous seasons..
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Avalon
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9543
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Thu May 09, 2013 3:28 pm

@Derek wrote:
yea i liked her early on...jus like the person she is..thought she was pretty strong too..and pretty smart...although i would not have won that challenge..nothing good happens from winning that ..they should know better from previous seasons..


Yeah, definitely a good idea to throw certain reward challenges.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20743
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 9:14 am

After that blindside and reaction about her being a 'hero' for giving the reward away - i can see it being more vocally thrown from this point on.
Brenda had me crying the way she reacted to her Dad. she was really sweet and genuine this time around. I began to like her when she helped Dawn find the teeth. those two scenes broke my heart.
Dawn is going to have a hard time accepting what she did
Cochrane (i hope) will be seen as a strong player for changing the game
Eddie's face was hilarious
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 9:33 am

I'm having a hard time getting through the scenes of Dawn's crying - I keep telling her to quit already
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 9:43 am

Sher might not be able to keep it together for the last 4 days...



Hey, anybody looking forward to BB? Starting in June this year, instead of July...
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 am

yea i was thinking dawn is gonna break down after this...shes gonna have a guilty conscious...shes not mentally strong enough to handle that kind of move...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 9:56 am

Although she's shown she can do endurance challenges well, and you know that's what the last one will be....you have to figure Sherri & Eddie will be the next two to go, So that leaves Dawn, Cochran and Erik....who do you think jury would pick from those...
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 10:00 am

erik...he hasnt done anything to anyone really.....if they vote by who played best it should be cochran...but if they vote by personal feelings theyd vote erik
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 10:02 am

Except for Brenda, Cochran hasn't really done anything to anybody either...at least that they can trace to him...
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 10:07 am

yea thats true...

i dono...there's a lot they dont show on camera so im not sure if they know anything about how he's worked or not...dont know what brenda will tell the jury about how things went or paint a picture about cockring and dawn or not...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 2:45 pm

meepsrus wrote:
Sher might not be able to keep it together for the last 4 days...



Hey, anybody looking forward to BB? Starting in June this year, instead of July...

Can't wait for BB to start.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 2:46 pm

@Derek wrote:
erik...he hasnt done anything to anyone really.....if they vote by who played best it should be cochran...but if they vote by personal feelings theyd vote erik

I think Erik will be on the Jury. It's gonna be Cochran, Sherri and Dawn, I think Cochran will get every vote.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Fri May 10, 2013 2:47 pm

meepsrus wrote:
Except for Brenda, Cochran hasn't really done anything to anybody either...at least that they can trace to him...

Brenda can't be that upset at Cochran since she was planning on Blindsiding him next.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20743
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 8:42 am

Way to go Cochran!!! he won that almost effortlessly (or so it seemed). his demeanor was always calm and collected. What a cool kid.


I havent seen the after-show yet so i dont know if Brenda apologized... but dam that disgusted me what she did to poor Dawn. What a disgusting thing to do to humiliate another human being like that. The kindness she showed at the lake when she helped Dawn that day was completely erased and doubled back 10 fold imo. Dawn was playing a dam game. Brenda humiliated her intentionally. Disgusting.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 8:59 am

I was half asleep when that happened.

I knew Cochran had won during Tribal. His approach to his speech was flawless. I'm glad to see that Sherri finally came down to Earth afterwards and realized that she hadn't been in charge. (side note: she's a self-made millionaire? :O )


How long is it from the end of the game to the results show? I'm guessing its close to 9 months - I didn't realize it was that long.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 9:57 am

Does anybody know if the vote was unanimous? I'm tending to think it was going to be.

Yeah Sherri got put in her place alright, but she buried herself by lashing out at Eric.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 10:00 am

meepsrus wrote:
Does anybody know if the vote was unanimous? I'm tending to think it was going to be.

Yeah Sherri got put in her place alright, but she buried herself by lashing out at Eric.


yes, I think it was


Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 am

@blondie wrote:
I was half asleep when that happened.

I knew Cochran had won during Tribal. His approach to his speech was flawless. I'm glad to see that Sherri finally came down to Earth afterwards and realized that she hadn't been in charge. (side note: she's a self-made millionaire? :O )


How long is it from the end of the game to the results show? I'm guessing its close to 9 months - I didn't realize it was that long.

Well Jeff said he's just about to leave to start the next one... so 39 days of the actual game puts it out to the end of June probably. The season statrs in September, and the ep's will probably run to about end of December...so at least six months...
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 10:22 am

I'm just happy Malcolm won the fan favorite or whatever it's called. coffee
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 10:24 am

@JJ wrote:
I'm just happy Malcolm won the fan favorite or whatever it's called. coffee

Yes! yay

Brenda didn't sound that enthusiastic about a reconciliation with Dawn, did she? Of course she's got more pressing business right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20743
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Brenda was so sweet and charming with her Dad - and talked about being humble etc... then she does that. ugh. still bothers me.

I liked how Sherri stuck up for herself when Eric was going at her. She knew she was done at that point - why bother continueing to harass her further.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 4:12 pm

@gin wrote:
Way to go Cochran!!! he won that almost effortlessly (or so it seemed). his demeanor was always calm and collected. What a cool kid.


I havent seen the after-show yet so i dont know if Brenda apologized... but dam that disgusted me what she did to poor Dawn. What a disgusting thing to do to humiliate another human being like that. The kindness she showed at the lake when she helped Dawn that day was completely erased and doubled back 10 fold imo. Dawn was playing a dam game. Brenda humiliated her intentionally. Disgusting.

I disagree, Dawn was in the middle of a complete freakout and was ready to pull herself from the game until Brenda jumped in to find her teeth. When Dawn tried to downplay it pissed Brenda off, I thought she was in the right to ask that of her.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 4:13 pm

meepsrus wrote:
Does anybody know if the vote was unanimous? I'm tending to think it was going to be.

Yeah Sherri got put in her place alright, but she buried herself by lashing out at Eric.

Yea Cochran got every vote, Dawn and Sherri tie for 3rd, which means neither one get the 100,000.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 4:15 pm


_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Any guesses on what next season will be? I am thinking that it is Blood is thicker than water, so some sort of family twist.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Definitely something to do with family.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20743
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 8:01 pm

@Ez wrote:
@gin wrote:
Way to go Cochran!!! he won that almost effortlessly (or so it seemed). his demeanor was always calm and collected. What a cool kid.


I havent seen the after-show yet so i dont know if Brenda apologized... but dam that disgusted me what she did to poor Dawn. What a disgusting thing to do to humiliate another human being like that. The kindness she showed at the lake when she helped Dawn that day was completely erased and doubled back 10 fold imo. Dawn was playing a dam game. Brenda humiliated her intentionally. Disgusting.

I disagree, Dawn was in the middle of a complete freakout and was ready to pull herself from the game until Brenda jumped in to find her teeth. When Dawn tried to downplay it pissed Brenda off, I thought she was in the right to ask that of her.

did Dawn downplay it? during tribal or the after show?

ya Brenda was a hero in Dawn's eyes at that moment (and honestly mine too) but Brenda erased it all by doing what she did. imo
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 8:25 pm

If Dawn was trying to downplay how important Brenda was in that moment, then I agree with EZ that it wasn't so bad that she did what she did. I'd be pissed too.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Yea, during the Final Tribal Dawn said she never had any intention of leaving the game, which then Brenda got pissed and she told her to take out her teeth if she wants her vote lol.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 9:28 pm

I mean, it was mean...but....heat of the moment...pissed off, I can understand it.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Mon May 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Yea, If I was Brenda I would have kept her teeth and told her I would give them back when we reached the Final 3. tongue

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Tue May 14, 2013 8:34 am

mean lol
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20743
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Tue May 14, 2013 9:37 am

i would have told Brenda to suck it -that her vote wasnt that important.
the question was loaded - you say yes i would have left - you lose a vote- you say no i would have stayed you lose a vote. it was a lose lose scenario.

so wait - EZ you said that Dawn and Sherri get nothing for having come so far cause they tied??
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 am

@Ez wrote:
@gin wrote:
Way to go Cochran!!! he won that almost effortlessly (or so it seemed). his demeanor was always calm and collected. What a cool kid.


I havent seen the after-show yet so i dont know if Brenda apologized... but dam that disgusted me what she did to poor Dawn. What a disgusting thing to do to humiliate another human being like that. The kindness she showed at the lake when she helped Dawn that day was completely erased and doubled back 10 fold imo. Dawn was playing a dam game. Brenda humiliated her intentionally. Disgusting.

I disagree, Dawn was in the middle of a complete freakout and was ready to pull herself from the game until Brenda jumped in to find her teeth. When Dawn tried to downplay it pissed Brenda off, I thought she was in the right to ask that of her.

A agree, when in the jury questions she said she would have gone on, Brenda was in the right. Still it took some guts on Dawn's part to show millions the gap in her teeth. She must've had more than an inkling, the way the questions were going, that she wasn't going to win...
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20743
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Tue May 14, 2013 10:01 am

interesting! i guess i'm alone on this one. I found it heartless. maybe i should re-watch the question/answer
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Tue May 14, 2013 10:07 am

the final tribal is almost always brutal - a lot of hurt feelings come into it



Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Tue May 14, 2013 10:07 am

Gin I felt Brenda was/is very emotional and sensitive, but inwardly so, more so than Dawn, who seemed to love to turn on the waterworks...Dawn saying she would have gone on, when she told HER at the time she wouldn't have, was like throwing her feelings for her to the side... of course you can also argue in theory it's no different from the lying and deception other use to advance in the game...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Tue May 14, 2013 10:09 am

@blondie wrote:
the final tribal is almost always brutal - a lot of hurt feelings come into it




I still remember the every first one, with Sue (Hawk?) just ripping the two finalists, Richard and whatshername, saying, in as many words, if she found them lying by the side of the road dying, she wouldn't lift a finger to help them...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 am

@gin wrote:
i would have told Brenda to suck it -that her vote wasnt that important.
the question was loaded - you say yes i would have left - you lose a vote- you say no i would have stayed you lose a vote. it was a lose lose scenario.

so wait - EZ you said that Dawn and Sherri get nothing for having come so far cause they tied??

They split third and second, so they get like 80,000.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   

Back to top Go down
 
Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites
Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: TV-
Post new topic   Reply to topicJump to: