AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Post new topic   Reply to topicShare | 
 

 The Oscars

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21830
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:18 pm

@ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
The Bond tribute disappointed me. Couldnt they have rounded up all the former Bonds to appear.
Too much musical stuff, didnt get the whole Chicago thing. It was so ten years ago.

Not a Ben Afflack fan, not interested in seeing his butcher job of recent historical events.

I want to see Lincoln, even though they took liberties with the truth as well.

The Life of Pi is on the list to see as well.

Seth MacFarland was good, I cant remember who hosted last year.
The Ted thing with Mark Walberg was stupid and tastless.

The In Memoriam piece left out a lot as well

notably Andy Griffith

How dare you sbob

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7927
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:55 pm

@desi wrote:
@ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
The Bond tribute disappointed me. Couldnt they have rounded up all the former Bonds to appear.
Too much musical stuff, didnt get the whole Chicago thing. It was so ten years ago.

Not a Ben Afflack fan, not interested in seeing his butcher job of recent historical events.

I want to see Lincoln, even though they took liberties with the truth as well.

The Life of Pi is on the list to see as well.

Seth MacFarland was good, I cant remember who hosted last year.
The Ted thing with Mark Walberg was stupid and tastless.

The In Memoriam piece left out a lot as well

notably Andy Griffith

How dare you

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21830
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:57 pm

@ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
@desi wrote:
@ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
The Bond tribute disappointed me. Couldnt they have rounded up all the former Bonds to appear.
Too much musical stuff, didnt get the whole Chicago thing. It was so ten years ago.

Not a Ben Afflack fan, not interested in seeing his butcher job of recent historical events.

I want to see Lincoln, even though they took liberties with the truth as well.

The Life of Pi is on the list to see as well.

Seth MacFarland was good, I cant remember who hosted last year.
The Ted thing with Mark Walberg was stupid and tastless.

The In Memoriam piece left out a lot as well

notably Andy Griffith

How dare you

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben Affleck is the man! tongue

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7927
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 pm

I LIKE THE GOOSE BETTER




AFFLACK

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:31 pm

@desi wrote:
@ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
The Bond tribute disappointed me. Couldnt they have rounded up all the former Bonds to appear.
Too much musical stuff, didnt get the whole Chicago thing. It was so ten years ago.

Not a Ben Afflack fan, not interested in seeing his butcher job of recent historical events.

I want to see Lincoln, even though they took liberties with the truth as well.

The Life of Pi is on the list to see as well.

Seth MacFarland was good, I cant remember who hosted last year.
The Ted thing with Mark Walberg was stupid and tastless.

The In Memoriam piece left out a lot as well

notably Andy Griffith

How dare you sbob

Lol

I am quite in love with him
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Ben is quite handsome. Quite, quite handsome. :x

Am I being too shallow?
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7927
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:07 pm

not at all

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:34 pm

no way... he's dreamy...
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21830
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Ben is so handsome and smart and funny and kind and so so so so so soooooo good at what he does!

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:47 pm

yes yes and yes!!
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 am

did Michelle O make any political statements? I missed her part...if she just presented or awarded I don't see the issue.
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21830
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:31 am

She just annouced the winner for best Picture.. that's it... this years Oscars was the most viewed in 3 years with about 40.3 million viewers

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:36 am

so if she just announced the winner ...how is she pushing a political agenda?...geez lighten up..we know repubs hate demo's ..but shit...let the girl live and present..shes our first lady...i wouldnt throw a fit if mrs bush presented..or george..or mitt...or any political person...i swear you guys hate everything demo/obama for no reason at all..or find a reason to hate on her or him..hell im not even the biggest fan of either of them myself...

my burger was cold at lunch... i blame the demos...or obama in particular....

end of my rant...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7927
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 pm

@desi wrote:
Ben is so handsome and smart and funny and kind and so so so so so soooooo good at what he does!


oh gawd

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:19 pm

@ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
@desi wrote:
Ben is so handsome and smart and funny and kind and so so so so so soooooo good at what he does!


oh gawd

i kno..
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

@Derek wrote:
so if she just announced the winner ...how is she pushing a political agenda?...geez lighten up..we know repubs hate demo's ..but shit...let the girl live and present..shes our first lady...i wouldnt throw a fit if mrs bush presented..or george..or mitt...or any political person...i swear you guys hate everything demo/obama for no reason at all..or find a reason to hate on her or him..hell im not even the biggest fan of either of them myself...

my burger was cold at lunch... i blame the demos...or obama in particular....

end of my rant...

I must have missed the part where there was hate shown towards her for appearing.

As a sidenote, did anyone else find it ironic that she presented an award for a movie based on the saving of embassy personnel?
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:45 pm

apparently my dvr stopped taping...
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm

@Rob wrote:
@Derek wrote:
so if she just announced the winner ...how is she pushing a political agenda?...geez lighten up..we know repubs hate demo's ..but shit...let the girl live and present..shes our first lady...i wouldnt throw a fit if mrs bush presented..or george..or mitt...or any political person...i swear you guys hate everything demo/obama for no reason at all..or find a reason to hate on her or him..hell im not even the biggest fan of either of them myself...

my burger was cold at lunch... i blame the demos...or obama in particular....

end of my rant...

I must have missed the part where there was hate shown towards her for appearing.

As a sidenote, did anyone else find it ironic that she presented an award for a movie based on the saving of embassy personnel?

people on here stated that they didn't like that she showed up and presented..and pushed political issues..she only presented....see you were cool at the beginning of your statement, but then you had to go make a statement about the embassy personnel being apart of it due to the movie...thats stretching..and that's what I'm talking about.....what are you reaching for? seriously?
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:05 pm

@Derek wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@Derek wrote:
so if she just announced the winner ...how is she pushing a political agenda?...geez lighten up..we know repubs hate demo's ..but shit...let the girl live and present..shes our first lady...i wouldnt throw a fit if mrs bush presented..or george..or mitt...or any political person...i swear you guys hate everything demo/obama for no reason at all..or find a reason to hate on her or him..hell im not even the biggest fan of either of them myself...

my burger was cold at lunch... i blame the demos...or obama in particular....

end of my rant...

I must have missed the part where there was hate shown towards her for appearing.

As a sidenote, did anyone else find it ironic that she presented an award for a movie based on the saving of embassy personnel?

people on here stated that they didn't like that she showed up and presented..and pushed political issues..she only presented....see you were cool at the beginning of your statement, but then you had to go make a statement about the embassy personnel being apart of it due to the movie...thats stretching..and that's what I'm talking about.....what are you reaching for? seriously?

Here's the problem YOU say you wouldn't care whether Laura Bush or if Mitt or Ann Romney presented YET you fail to give ANYONE the benefit of the doubt. How do you know what my comments would be whether Laura Bush or Mitt or Ann Romney presented? Didn't I make it as simple as possible, and didn't Colleen, when we said they shouldn't mix? Did I SAY movies and DEMOCRATS shouldn't mix? Once again I fail to see any hate.

Now, what I am REACHING for? I'm not reaching for anything. We have 4 Americans killed at an embassy in Libya and we watched in real time and there was no help called AND the administration lied to us about it being because of a movie rather than a planned attack. Oh AND the movie that the award was presented by Mrs. Obama was based on an embassy rescue. I'm just pointing out the irony. I thought I made that excessively clear.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:10 pm

I get you dont like your commander and chief...or his wife...

there is no reason that ANYONE can not be apart of the Oscars...all im sayin' but it had to be pointed out....im not even a fan of the show..the president..the political status..anything...jus weird you guys find that the only thing to complain about?....she did nothing but present..leave her alone shit?

reaching still.... you know nothing of that event truly...just what phaux news tells you i guess.
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:19 pm

@Derek wrote:
I get you dont like your commander and chief...or his wife...

there is no reason that ANYONE can not be apart of the Oscars...all im sayin' but it had to be pointed out....im not even a fan of the show..the president..the political status..anything...jus weird you guys find that the only thing to complain about?....she did nothing but present..leave her alone shit?

reaching still.... you know nothing of that event truly...just what phaux news tells you i guess.

No, you don't get it at all. Not even close. I don't have any personal feelings about him at all. My opinion is that he is a horrible president, one of the worse in history, and I base that on his piss poor policies. This is just another illogical fallacious straw man arguments I keep hearing...and reading. I made it EXCEEDINGLY clear I don't watch these stupid shows so I didn't see so I don't really give a rats ass whether she presented or not, my only opinion is they shouldn't mix...AT ALL. I don't care what party they belong to. I can't dumb it down anymore than that.

Oh how cute with the "phaux news" comment. I guess all the news should be like MSNBC right? That's not what I base it on Derek, I actually watched the Senate hearing on C-Span unlike yourself. IF I'm reaching prove what I just said as wrong. Because my opinion is actually based on sworn testimony and not silly name calling.
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm

By the way, are you ever going to point out this alleged "HATE" or that something you're going to keep making up also?
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20769
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 pm

oh we complained about LOTS. 7 pages worth in fact! boobs and sock puppets and Kristen Stewart
I dont think politics should have been mixed with the Oscars. i didnt see that part of the show, but i find that very odd. I dont think that's occured before. She's not a celebrety in theater. The oscars have not had presenters who are not entertainers... so odd.... to me.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 pm

lawyer talk


originally stated that you guys didn't like the first lady presenting an award, due to pushing a political policy is what i thought was irrational...

yeah i can be cute.....i dont do long posting battles about this issh....just stating whats above in my comment...

Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:25 pm

@gin wrote:
oh we complained about LOTS. 7 pages worth in fact! boobs and sock puppets and Kristen Stewart
I dont think politics should have been mixed with the Oscars. i didnt see that part of the show, but i find that very odd. I dont think that's occured before. She's not a celebrety in theater. The oscars have not had presenters who are not entertainers... so odd.... to me.

That's my thinking too, but somehow that magically transforms to "HATRED of Obama...herp derp."
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:26 pm

@gin wrote:
oh we complained about LOTS. 7 pages worth in fact! boobs and sock puppets and Kristen Stewart
I dont think politics should have been mixed with the Oscars. i didnt see that part of the show, but i find that very odd. I dont think that's occured before. She's not a celebrety in theater. The oscars have not had presenters who are not entertainers... so odd.... to me.

didnt say we cant complain...im just pointing out the pointless effort to make an issue of the first lady making a nomination reward...wtf is wrong with that?...i dont get it?
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:26 pm

@Derek wrote:
lawyer talk


originally stated that you guys didn't like the first lady presenting an award, due to pushing a political policy is what i thought was irrational...yeah i can be cute.....i dont do long posting battles about this issh....just stating whats above in my comment...


No. I didn't.

That's what I thought, accusations with nothing to back them up.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:30 pm

im not arguing with a lawyer anymore...i dont have time....

just made a point...which i think in your heart you think is true...but dont like it...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Ah yes, of course, I know it's true even though the Senate testimony on Benghazi says otherwise. I know because obviously Fox News put a gun to the back of C-Span's cameramen and changed the testimony given at the Senate hearings and MADE them edit what was said 55
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:34 pm

totally switched subjects...good job
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:36 pm

@Derek wrote:
@gin wrote:
oh we complained about LOTS. 7 pages worth in fact! boobs and sock puppets and Kristen Stewart
I dont think politics should have been mixed with the Oscars. i didnt see that part of the show, but i find that very odd. I dont think that's occured before. She's not a celebrety in theater. The oscars have not had presenters who are not entertainers... so odd.... to me.

didnt say we cant complain...im just pointing out the pointless effort to make an issue of the first lady making a nomination reward...wtf is wrong with that?...i dont get it?

Obviously not. Obviously we can't complain about anything you disagree with. Obviously if I say Kristen Stewart looked like crap it's ok if you agree with it. BUT if someone complains about Michelle Obama we aren't entitled to express an opinion, right? Because then we're just haters and we obviously blame Obama for everything right?

What I will do for now on is check with you to make sure our opinions are ok to be expressed, ok?
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 pm

@Derek wrote:
im not arguing with a lawyer anymore...i dont have time....

just made a point...which i think in your heart you think is true...but dont like it...

Well, hey, if you can point out where I said what you said I said, by all means, quote it.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 pm

theres a difference buddy...you're hating on her for pushing political stances...she did nothing like that....we can hate on dresses all you want though...i thought what she wore wasnt that great !

heres my point at the beginning: ( Mrs. Obama did not make a political appearance) She showed up as any famous person there did....but people chose to pick on it... :)
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 pm

@Rob wrote:
@Derek wrote:
im not arguing with a lawyer anymore...i dont have time....

just made a point...which i think in your heart you think is true...but dont like it...

Well, hey, if you can point out where I said what you said I said, by all means, quote it.

its understood...this isnt court...stop being a lawyer homie...stop using that shit as your defense...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 pm

@Rob wrote:
I

I also agree with the First Lady thing, it shouldn't have been done, but I loath these shows so I didn't see it.


THIS is what I said. Did I SAY this was based on her politics? Did I SAY it was because "I don't like her"? Isn't it painfully obvious, since I specifically said "First Lady" this would apply to ALL First Ladies? Did I point out ANYWHERE this was about her political persuasion?
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 pm

also..im not back tracking into the thread to quote something
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:43 pm

@Derek wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@Derek wrote:
im not arguing with a lawyer anymore...i dont have time....

just made a point...which i think in your heart you think is true...but dont like it...

Well, hey, if you can point out where I said what you said I said, by all means, quote it.

its understood...this isnt court...stop being a lawyer homie...stop using that shit as your defense...

It's understood? Really? I'm sorry Sister Cleo, I didn't know you were into mind reading now.
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm

@Derek wrote:
theres a difference buddy...you're hating on her for pushing political stances...she did nothing like that....we can hate on dresses all you want though...i thought what she wore wasnt that great !

heres my point at the beginning: ( Mrs. Obama did not make a political appearance) She showed up as any famous person there did....but people chose to pick on it... :)

How do you figure? What did I say that made you conclude this?
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm

@Derek wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@Derek wrote:
im not arguing with a lawyer anymore...i dont have time....

just made a point...which i think in your heart you think is true...but dont like it...

Well, hey, if you can point out where I said what you said I said, by all means, quote it.

its understood...this isnt court...stop being a lawyer homie...stop using that shit as your defense...

My only defense is you're wrong. You ASSUME my objection to her is based on politics without considering the fact I don't think ANY First Lady should get invloved AND you made unsubstantiated remarks about my take on Benghazi.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:51 pm

im talking about the First Lady saying a few words at the Oscars..presenting the winner...

how was that bringing in political issues?

i dont think she was..i think she did well...and noones throwing a fit over it....but i dont see how shes pushing an agenda....at all...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:55 pm

I thought at first her appearance was pretty cool...but it's HOW it was protrayed that has me concerned...with the well dressed military folk arranged behind her, I'm thinking this is the kind of appearance President and Imelda Marcos might have done, if the Oscars had been held in the Phillippines...I mean on the one hand, she did an incredible appearance with Jimmy Fallon, to connect with the average folk, and then she follows it up with this, that seems to do just the opposite..I don't know...
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 pm

we can just call a truce Rob...and agree to disagree....
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21830
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:13 pm

We live in a society ruled by media... the Obamas have always been keen on connecting with the average day folk, showing up on talk shows, etc... why anyone finds it a suprise that the First Lady showed up at the biggest award night of the year that brought in over 40 million people is what is odd...

I am not wanting to continue the debate or anything, but people srsly need to stop with this Embassy stuff... we will never know the whole truth behind just like we will prolly never know the whole truth behind the 7 Embassy attacks under George Bush that killed 30+ people that seems to have just been swept under the rug...

There will always be war and attacks on the US Ebassy because that is how the US does it.. WAR = PROFIT apparently... not too sure how that works.. or how a country that is 16+ Trillion in debt, people falling below the pverty line left right and center and spends more money on defense then all the other militaries in the world is concidered to be the strongest Economy in world...

oh that's right HOLLYWOOD.. America owns hollywood/Mainsteam Media... it the best weapon

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Rob I'd call you personally if you gave me your number to make sure everythings okay...but foreal..debates probably over...I dont want you leaving at all...get at me PM or other wise...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 pm

@desi wrote:
We live in a society ruled by media... the Obamas have always been keen on connecting with the average day folk, showing up on talk shows, etc... why anyone finds it a suprise that the First Lady showed up at the biggest award night of the year that brought in over 40 million people is what is odd...

I am not wanting to continue the debate or anything, but people srsly need to stop with this Embassy stuff... we will never know the whole truth behind just like we will prolly never know the whole truth behind the 7 Embassy attacks under George Bush that killed 30+ people that seems to have just been swept under the rug...

There will always be war and attacks on the US Ebassy because that is how the US does it.. WAR = PROFIT apparently... not too sure how that works.. or how a country that is 16+ Trillion in debt, people falling below the pverty line left right and center and spends more money on defense then all the other militaries in the world is concidered to be the strongest Economy in world...

oh that's right HOLLYWOOD.. America owns hollywood/Mainsteam Media... it the best weapon

I disagree, we know PLENTY of what happened at Benghazi. Actually there were six during the Bush administration, in Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Malaysian, Saudi Arabia, in Syria and in Greece. During the Obama adminsitration there have been attacks in Syria and Afghanistan and Sarajevo before these attacks. The difference between ALL of those is that in Benghazi we saw it in real time AND blamed it on a video even though there is no evidence of it being based on a video. Clapper has already testified to that, under oath. So I'm not going to let it go, it shows a failure in leadership and a lack of respect for the families of those 4 dead Americans.
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7927
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 pm

@Rob wrote:
@Derek wrote:
so if she just announced the winner ...how is she pushing a political agenda?...geez lighten up..we know repubs hate demo's ..but shit...let the girl live and present..shes our first lady...i wouldnt throw a fit if mrs bush presented..or george..or mitt...or any political person...i swear you guys hate everything demo/obama for no reason at all..or find a reason to hate on her or him..hell im not even the biggest fan of either of them myself...

my burger was cold at lunch... i blame the demos...or obama in particular....

end of my rant...

I must have missed the part where there was hate shown towards her for appearing.

As a sidenote, did anyone else find it ironic that she presented an award for a movie based on the saving of embassy personnel?

it would have been more ironic if Lincoln had won

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:29 pm

@Rob wrote:
@desi wrote:
We live in a society ruled by media... the Obamas have always been keen on connecting with the average day folk, showing up on talk shows, etc... why anyone finds it a suprise that the First Lady showed up at the biggest award night of the year that brought in over 40 million people is what is odd...

I am not wanting to continue the debate or anything, but people srsly need to stop with this Embassy stuff... we will never know the whole truth behind just like we will prolly never know the whole truth behind the 7 Embassy attacks under George Bush that killed 30+ people that seems to have just been swept under the rug...

There will always be war and attacks on the US Ebassy because that is how the US does it.. WAR = PROFIT apparently... not too sure how that works.. or how a country that is 16+ Trillion in debt, people falling below the pverty line left right and center and spends more money on defense then all the other militaries in the world is concidered to be the strongest Economy in world...

oh that's right HOLLYWOOD.. America owns hollywood/Mainsteam Media... it the best weapon

I disagree, we know PLENTY of what happened at Benghazi. Actually there were six during the Bush administration, in Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Malaysian, Saudi Arabia, in Syria and in Greece. During the Obama adminsitration there have been attacks in Syria and Afghanistan and Sarajevo before these attacks. The difference between ALL of those is that in Benghazi we saw it in real time AND blamed it on a video even though there is no evidence of it being based on a video. Clapper has already testified to that, under oath. So I'm not going to let it go, it shows a failure in leadership and a lack of respect for the families of those 4 dead Americans.

So what would you have done for Benghazi?

AND..why does this have anything to do with the First Lady?
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:43 pm

@Derek wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@desi wrote:
We live in a society ruled by media... the Obamas have always been keen on connecting with the average day folk, showing up on talk shows, etc... why anyone finds it a suprise that the First Lady showed up at the biggest award night of the year that brought in over 40 million people is what is odd...

I am not wanting to continue the debate or anything, but people srsly need to stop with this Embassy stuff... we will never know the whole truth behind just like we will prolly never know the whole truth behind the 7 Embassy attacks under George Bush that killed 30+ people that seems to have just been swept under the rug...

There will always be war and attacks on the US Ebassy because that is how the US does it.. WAR = PROFIT apparently... not too sure how that works.. or how a country that is 16+ Trillion in debt, people falling below the pverty line left right and center and spends more money on defense then all the other militaries in the world is concidered to be the strongest Economy in world...

oh that's right HOLLYWOOD.. America owns hollywood/Mainsteam Media... it the best weapon

I disagree, we know PLENTY of what happened at Benghazi. Actually there were six during the Bush administration, in Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Malaysian, Saudi Arabia, in Syria and in Greece. During the Obama adminsitration there have been attacks in Syria and Afghanistan and Sarajevo before these attacks. The difference between ALL of those is that in Benghazi we saw it in real time AND blamed it on a video even though there is no evidence of it being based on a video. Clapper has already testified to that, under oath. So I'm not going to let it go, it shows a failure in leadership and a lack of respect for the families of those 4 dead Americans.

So what would you have done for Benghazi?

AND..why does this have anything to do with the First Lady?

We could have had help there within 30 minutes and we chose not to. And I would have called it what it was, a terrorist attack that was not based on a trailer in Youtube. By the way, the maker of that movie is still incarcerated without the advice of a lawyer. These are serious Constitutional violations no one seems to care about.

It has nothing to do with her, obviously she had no idea who was going to win the award. I just happened to find who won ironic that she presented it. It's not slam on her.

I'm glad you called me, it was cool to place a voice with your postings and avatar.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:45 pm

i agree..it was good to hear you too man
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21830
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 pm

@Rob wrote:
@desi wrote:
We live in a society ruled by media... the Obamas have always been keen on connecting with the average day folk, showing up on talk shows, etc... why anyone finds it a suprise that the First Lady showed up at the biggest award night of the year that brought in over 40 million people is what is odd...

I am not wanting to continue the debate or anything, but people srsly need to stop with this Embassy stuff... we will never know the whole truth behind just like we will prolly never know the whole truth behind the 7 Embassy attacks under George Bush that killed 30+ people that seems to have just been swept under the rug...

There will always be war and attacks on the US Ebassy because that is how the US does it.. WAR = PROFIT apparently... not too sure how that works.. or how a country that is 16+ Trillion in debt, people falling below the pverty line left right and center and spends more money on defense then all the other militaries in the world is concidered to be the strongest Economy in world...

oh that's right HOLLYWOOD.. America owns hollywood/Mainsteam Media... it the best weapon

I disagree, we know PLENTY of what happened at Benghazi. Actually there were six during the Bush administration, in Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Malaysian, Saudi Arabia, in Syria and in Greece. During the Obama adminsitration there have been attacks in Syria and Afghanistan and Sarajevo before these attacks. The difference between ALL of those is that in Benghazi we saw it in real time AND blamed it on a video even though there is no evidence of it being based on a video. Clapper has already testified to that, under oath. So I'm not going to let it go, it shows a failure in leadership and a lack of respect for the families of those 4 dead Americans.

SO George Bush and his administration and every single president before Obama never lied about anything to save their asses after a tragedy?

People are at the point where they are starting to realize the way the goverment is running and the way its been running for the last 50+ years is just not working and if something doesn;t change now we are all going to suffer alot more than we need to... There is a general trend of dislike towards government in general... Everything Obama has been brutally critized for has been done by other presidents in the past... Obama has become the poster child of government in general and in many cases is hated just for being a part of the governement...

I also think what alot of people don't realize is the fact that one person cannot run the country... The President is the person elected to be the face of the country and hopefully fight for the things the people want... The President is hardly the most powerful person in government... its the groups and agencies and people that Obama deligates the work to that allow or make alot of this shit happen.. there is probably alot that goes on that Obama doesn;t even know is going on... He is likely more of pawn then anything...


_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   

Back to top Go down
 
The Oscars
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: Movies-
Post new topic   Reply to topicJump to: