AFTER LOST

a place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost..
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Oscars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21244
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:18 pm

ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
The Bond tribute disappointed me. Couldnt they have rounded up all the former Bonds to appear.
Too much musical stuff, didnt get the whole Chicago thing. It was so ten years ago.

Not a Ben Afflack fan, not interested in seeing his butcher job of recent historical events.

I want to see Lincoln, even though they took liberties with the truth as well.

The Life of Pi is on the list to see as well.

Seth MacFarland was good, I cant remember who hosted last year.
The Ted thing with Mark Walberg was stupid and tastless.

The In Memoriam piece left out a lot as well

notably Andy Griffith

How dare you sbob

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7177
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:55 pm

desi wrote:
ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
The Bond tribute disappointed me. Couldnt they have rounded up all the former Bonds to appear.
Too much musical stuff, didnt get the whole Chicago thing. It was so ten years ago.

Not a Ben Afflack fan, not interested in seeing his butcher job of recent historical events.

I want to see Lincoln, even though they took liberties with the truth as well.

The Life of Pi is on the list to see as well.

Seth MacFarland was good, I cant remember who hosted last year.
The Ted thing with Mark Walberg was stupid and tastless.

The In Memoriam piece left out a lot as well

notably Andy Griffith

How dare you

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21244
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:57 pm

ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
desi wrote:
ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
The Bond tribute disappointed me. Couldnt they have rounded up all the former Bonds to appear.
Too much musical stuff, didnt get the whole Chicago thing. It was so ten years ago.

Not a Ben Afflack fan, not interested in seeing his butcher job of recent historical events.

I want to see Lincoln, even though they took liberties with the truth as well.

The Life of Pi is on the list to see as well.

Seth MacFarland was good, I cant remember who hosted last year.
The Ted thing with Mark Walberg was stupid and tastless.

The In Memoriam piece left out a lot as well

notably Andy Griffith

How dare you

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben Affleck is the man! tongue

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7177
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 pm

I LIKE THE GOOSE BETTER




AFFLACK
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20438
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:31 pm

desi wrote:
ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
The Bond tribute disappointed me. Couldnt they have rounded up all the former Bonds to appear.
Too much musical stuff, didnt get the whole Chicago thing. It was so ten years ago.

Not a Ben Afflack fan, not interested in seeing his butcher job of recent historical events.

I want to see Lincoln, even though they took liberties with the truth as well.

The Life of Pi is on the list to see as well.

Seth MacFarland was good, I cant remember who hosted last year.
The Ted thing with Mark Walberg was stupid and tastless.

The In Memoriam piece left out a lot as well

notably Andy Griffith

How dare you sbob

Lol

I am quite in love with him
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Ben is quite handsome. Quite, quite handsome. :x

Am I being too shallow?
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7177
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:07 pm

not at all
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20438
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:34 pm

no way... he's dreamy...
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21244
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Ben is so handsome and smart and funny and kind and so so so so so soooooo good at what he does!

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20438
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:47 pm

yes yes and yes!!
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15289
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 am

did Michelle O make any political statements? I missed her part...if she just presented or awarded I don't see the issue.
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21244
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:31 am

She just annouced the winner for best Picture.. that's it... this years Oscars was the most viewed in 3 years with about 40.3 million viewers

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15289
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:36 am

so if she just announced the winner ...how is she pushing a political agenda?...geez lighten up..we know repubs hate demo's ..but shit...let the girl live and present..shes our first lady...i wouldnt throw a fit if mrs bush presented..or george..or mitt...or any political person...i swear you guys hate everything demo/obama for no reason at all..or find a reason to hate on her or him..hell im not even the biggest fan of either of them myself...

my burger was cold at lunch... i blame the demos...or obama in particular....

end of my rant...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7177
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 pm

desi wrote:
Ben is so handsome and smart and funny and kind and so so so so so soooooo good at what he does!


oh gawd
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15289
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:19 pm

ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
desi wrote:
Ben is so handsome and smart and funny and kind and so so so so so soooooo good at what he does!


oh gawd

i kno..
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2394
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Derek wrote:
so if she just announced the winner ...how is she pushing a political agenda?...geez lighten up..we know repubs hate demo's ..but shit...let the girl live and present..shes our first lady...i wouldnt throw a fit if mrs bush presented..or george..or mitt...or any political person...i swear you guys hate everything demo/obama for no reason at all..or find a reason to hate on her or him..hell im not even the biggest fan of either of them myself...

my burger was cold at lunch... i blame the demos...or obama in particular....

end of my rant...

I must have missed the part where there was hate shown towards her for appearing.

As a sidenote, did anyone else find it ironic that she presented an award for a movie based on the saving of embassy personnel?
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20438
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:45 pm

apparently my dvr stopped taping...
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15289
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Rob wrote:
Derek wrote:
so if she just announced the winner ...how is she pushing a political agenda?...geez lighten up..we know repubs hate demo's ..but shit...let the girl live and present..shes our first lady...i wouldnt throw a fit if mrs bush presented..or george..or mitt...or any political person...i swear you guys hate everything demo/obama for no reason at all..or find a reason to hate on her or him..hell im not even the biggest fan of either of them myself...

my burger was cold at lunch... i blame the demos...or obama in particular....

end of my rant...

I must have missed the part where there was hate shown towards her for appearing.

As a sidenote, did anyone else find it ironic that she presented an award for a movie based on the saving of embassy personnel?

people on here stated that they didn't like that she showed up and presented..and pushed political issues..she only presented....see you were cool at the beginning of your statement, but then you had to go make a statement about the embassy personnel being apart of it due to the movie...thats stretching..and that's what I'm talking about.....what are you reaching for? seriously?
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2394
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Derek wrote:
Rob wrote:
Derek wrote:
so if she just announced the winner ...how is she pushing a political agenda?...geez lighten up..we know repubs hate demo's ..but shit...let the girl live and present..shes our first lady...i wouldnt throw a fit if mrs bush presented..or george..or mitt...or any political person...i swear you guys hate everything demo/obama for no reason at all..or find a reason to hate on her or him..hell im not even the biggest fan of either of them myself...

my burger was cold at lunch... i blame the demos...or obama in particular....

end of my rant...

I must have missed the part where there was hate shown towards her for appearing.

As a sidenote, did anyone else find it ironic that she presented an award for a movie based on the saving of embassy personnel?

people on here stated that they didn't like that she showed up and presented..and pushed political issues..she only presented....see you were cool at the beginning of your statement, but then you had to go make a statement about the embassy personnel being apart of it due to the movie...thats stretching..and that's what I'm talking about.....what are you reaching for? seriously?

Here's the problem YOU say you wouldn't care whether Laura Bush or if Mitt or Ann Romney presented YET you fail to give ANYONE the benefit of the doubt. How do you know what my comments would be whether Laura Bush or Mitt or Ann Romney presented? Didn't I make it as simple as possible, and didn't Colleen, when we said they shouldn't mix? Did I SAY movies and DEMOCRATS shouldn't mix? Once again I fail to see any hate.

Now, what I am REACHING for? I'm not reaching for anything. We have 4 Americans killed at an embassy in Libya and we watched in real time and there was no help called AND the administration lied to us about it being because of a movie rather than a planned attack. Oh AND the movie that the award was presented by Mrs. Obama was based on an embassy rescue. I'm just pointing out the irony. I thought I made that excessively clear.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15289
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:10 pm

I get you dont like your commander and chief...or his wife...

there is no reason that ANYONE can not be apart of the Oscars...all im sayin' but it had to be pointed out....im not even a fan of the show..the president..the political status..anything...jus weird you guys find that the only thing to complain about?....she did nothing but present..leave her alone shit?

reaching still.... you know nothing of that event truly...just what phaux news tells you i guess.
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2394
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Derek wrote:
I get you dont like your commander and chief...or his wife...

there is no reason that ANYONE can not be apart of the Oscars...all im sayin' but it had to be pointed out....im not even a fan of the show..the president..the political status..anything...jus weird you guys find that the only thing to complain about?....she did nothing but present..leave her alone shit?

reaching still.... you know nothing of that event truly...just what phaux news tells you i guess.

No, you don't get it at all. Not even close. I don't have any personal feelings about him at all. My opinion is that he is a horrible president, one of the worse in history, and I base that on his piss poor policies. This is just another illogical fallacious straw man arguments I keep hearing...and reading. I made it EXCEEDINGLY clear I don't watch these stupid shows so I didn't see so I don't really give a rats ass whether she presented or not, my only opinion is they shouldn't mix...AT ALL. I don't care what party they belong to. I can't dumb it down anymore than that.

Oh how cute with the "phaux news" comment. I guess all the news should be like MSNBC right? That's not what I base it on Derek, I actually watched the Senate hearing on C-Span unlike yourself. IF I'm reaching prove what I just said as wrong. Because my opinion is actually based on sworn testimony and not silly name calling.
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2394
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:22 pm

By the way, are you ever going to point out this alleged "HATE" or that something you're going to keep making up also?
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20438
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 pm

oh we complained about LOTS. 7 pages worth in fact! boobs and sock puppets and Kristen Stewart
I dont think politics should have been mixed with the Oscars. i didnt see that part of the show, but i find that very odd. I dont think that's occured before. She's not a celebrety in theater. The oscars have not had presenters who are not entertainers... so odd.... to me.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15289
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:24 pm

lawyer talk


originally stated that you guys didn't like the first lady presenting an award, due to pushing a political policy is what i thought was irrational...

yeah i can be cute.....i dont do long posting battles about this issh....just stating whats above in my comment...

Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2394
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:25 pm

gin wrote:
oh we complained about LOTS. 7 pages worth in fact! boobs and sock puppets and Kristen Stewart
I dont think politics should have been mixed with the Oscars. i didnt see that part of the show, but i find that very odd. I dont think that's occured before. She's not a celebrety in theater. The oscars have not had presenters who are not entertainers... so odd.... to me.

That's my thinking too, but somehow that magically transforms to "HATRED of Obama...herp derp."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   

Back to top Go down
 
The Oscars
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Tomorrow is Oscars!!!
» Oscars vs Baftas
» George Clooney at the Oscars - 2013 Academy Awards
» 11 Things that may have upset George Clooney at the Oscars
» Oscars 2014 and 2015

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV & Movies :: Movies :: New Releases & General Movie News-
Jump to: