AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Post new topic   Reply to topicShare | 
 

 The Oscars

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21838
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:50 pm

@Derek wrote:
i agree..it was good to hear you too man

is his accent strong?

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:54 pm

no...he sounded like a good friend from vegas actually
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:57 pm

@desi wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@desi wrote:
We live in a society ruled by media... the Obamas have always been keen on connecting with the average day folk, showing up on talk shows, etc... why anyone finds it a suprise that the First Lady showed up at the biggest award night of the year that brought in over 40 million people is what is odd...

I am not wanting to continue the debate or anything, but people srsly need to stop with this Embassy stuff... we will never know the whole truth behind just like we will prolly never know the whole truth behind the 7 Embassy attacks under George Bush that killed 30+ people that seems to have just been swept under the rug...

There will always be war and attacks on the US Ebassy because that is how the US does it.. WAR = PROFIT apparently... not too sure how that works.. or how a country that is 16+ Trillion in debt, people falling below the pverty line left right and center and spends more money on defense then all the other militaries in the world is concidered to be the strongest Economy in world...

oh that's right HOLLYWOOD.. America owns hollywood/Mainsteam Media... it the best weapon

I disagree, we know PLENTY of what happened at Benghazi. Actually there were six during the Bush administration, in Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Malaysian, Saudi Arabia, in Syria and in Greece. During the Obama adminsitration there have been attacks in Syria and Afghanistan and Sarajevo before these attacks. The difference between ALL of those is that in Benghazi we saw it in real time AND blamed it on a video even though there is no evidence of it being based on a video. Clapper has already testified to that, under oath. So I'm not going to let it go, it shows a failure in leadership and a lack of respect for the families of those 4 dead Americans.

SO George Bush and his administration and every single president before Obama never lied about anything to save their asses after a tragedy?

People are at the point where they are starting to realize the way the goverment is running and the way its been running for the last 50+ years is just not working and if something doesn;t change now we are all going to suffer alot more than we need to... There is a general trend of dislike towards government in general... Everything Obama has been brutally critized for has been done by other presidents in the past... Obama has become the poster child of government in general and in many cases is hated just for being a part of the governement...

I also think what alot of people don't realize is the fact that one person cannot run the country... The President is the person elected to be the face of the country and hopefully fight for the things the people want... The President is hardly the most powerful person in government... its the groups and agencies and people that Obama deligates the work to that allow or make alot of this shit happen.. there is probably alot that goes on that Obama doesn;t even know is going on... He is likely more of pawn then anything...


Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. No one is accusing Obams of lying during the other embassy attacks and no one is accusing Clinton of it either. The problem here is we KNOW the administration lied.

I agree, that's why we have a Secretary of State, who sat on her ass and did nothing and we KNOW she watched it in real time.
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm

@desi wrote:
@Derek wrote:
i agree..it was good to hear you too man

is his accent strong?

I didn't say anything in Spanish, that's when the accent comes out.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:59 pm

nah i know people with the same decent...it did not sound strange..sounded like my old home really...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21838
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm

darnit... thought you might have one of those strong southern accents lol we deal with a few places in Texas... love the accents lol2

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm

@Rob wrote:
@desi wrote:
@Derek wrote:
i agree..it was good to hear you too man

is his accent strong?

I didn't say anything in Spanish, that's when the accent comes out.

Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Well, I do say y'all most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:02 pm

@gin wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@desi wrote:
@Derek wrote:
i agree..it was good to hear you too man

is his accent strong?

I didn't say anything in Spanish, that's when the accent comes out.


People have told me there are certain words in English too where the Spanish accent comes out but I don't hear it of course.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Rrrrroberto
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:05 pm

@gin wrote:
Rrrrroberto

Well, actually the rolling R is on the second R, Roberrrrto Evil
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:06 pm

ohhh my! why yes it is!!
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:08 pm

@desi wrote:
darnit... thought you might have one of those strong southern accents lol we deal with a few places in Texas... love the accents lol2

be cool if you called me one day..or something
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21838
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 pm

@Derek wrote:
@desi wrote:
darnit... thought you might have one of those strong southern accents lol we deal with a few places in Texas... love the accents lol2

be cool if you called me one day..or something

:|

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7931
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:28 pm

@Derek wrote:
nah i know people with the same decent...it did not sound strange..sounded like my old home really...

i dont have one of these

i have an axsent

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:36 pm

@Rob wrote:
@gin wrote:
Rrrrroberto

Well, actually the rolling R is on the second R, Roberrrrto Evil

55
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:13 am

I don't want to add any more fuel to the fire about the First Lady disagreement, but since I was the one who started it, I do just want to explain what my thinking is on this issue.

My main point was that politics should not be mixed in with a night which is set aside to celebrate the movies. People of all persuasions like movies, and I don't like to see a night at the Oscars turn into something polarizing.

Now, I did also say that by having her present the main award of the evening, it was pushing a political agenda on the audience.

Now, did she say anything remotely political? No, of course she did not. So, why did I say this?

Let me explain my thought. It is well known that the President and First Lady are well liked in Hollywood. Just by having her as a presenter is akin to saying - We really like her and the President!

It is a very thinly veiled endorsement of the President.

I can't imagine them ever inviting Laura Bush or anyone more conservative to be a presenter.

And, although the First Lady is very lovely woman, she has nothing to do with the movies! It was out of place, and as I said, a very thinly veiled endorsement of the President.

I just think they should steer clear of this type of thing.



Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:11 am

i gotcha now Colleen...i understand your view...everyone can have their opinion and i respect yours...i dont want to come off hostile ...but you cant tell in text, so i guess i was coming off like im in attack mode...thats why i talked to rob via phone..i got nothing but love for you guys!
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:23 am

I completely agree with you Colleen! i like the Obamas just fine and dont care about politics one way or another... but ya politics to me, has no place in this venue.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:16 am

Agree with all..and on top of this, the Obamas are already thought of as politically in bed with the Hollywood elite...so if they thought this might help build bridges with the conservative part of the country by doing that, I just don't think it helped matters...of course, he has the bully pulpit for 4 years, just like the GOP will when they get back in the White House...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 am

@Derek wrote:
i gotcha now Colleen...i understand your view...everyone can have their opinion and i respect yours...i dont want to come off hostile ...but you cant tell in text, so i guess i was coming off like im in attack mode...thats why i talked to rob via phone..i got nothing but love for you guys!

(((Derek)))
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am

ladycolleen wrote:
I don't want to add any more fuel to the fire about the First Lady disagreement, but since I was the one who started it, I do just want to explain what my thinking is on this issue.

My main point was that politics should not be mixed in with a night which is set aside to celebrate the movies. People of all persuasions like movies, and I don't like to see a night at the Oscars turn into something polarizing.

Now, I did also say that by having her present the main award of the evening, it was pushing a political agenda on the audience.

Now, did she say anything remotely political? No, of course she did not. So, why did I say this?

Let me explain my thought. It is well known that the President and First Lady are well liked in Hollywood. Just by having her as a presenter is akin to saying - We really like her and the President!

It is a very thinly veiled endorsement of the President.

I can't imagine them ever inviting Laura Bush or anyone more conservative to be a presenter.

And, although the First Lady is very lovely woman, she has nothing to do with the movies! It was out of place, and as I said, a very thinly veiled endorsement of the President.

I just think they should steer clear of this type of thing.





This is how I feel. They never would have invited Laura Bush and if Mitt Romney won there is no way in hell Ann Romney would have been invited.

I compare it to baseball and throwing out the first pitch. That isn't pushing an agenda because it's common for the president, no matter what party, to throw out the first pitch in a baseball game. There is no agenda because they are all invited to throw out the first pitch no matter what party.

Just as a sidenote, when I would go to Astros games they would inevitably show George Bush I on the jumbotron rigth before the game started and he would always get a standing ovation. Once I bought some great seats from a scalper right behind home plate about 20 rows up. Bush's box was right in front of me. When they showed him and he got his ovation and he stood up to wave to the crowd he was right in front of me. It was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:42 am

Rob..were you checked out, before you got to your seat, by Secret Service?
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:47 am

Actually no I wasn't. I was surprised too afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 am

i understand everyone's points of view and respect them honestly...i love all you guys!
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 pm

ladycolleen wrote:
@Derek wrote:
i gotcha now Colleen...i understand your view...everyone can have their opinion and i respect yours...i dont want to come off hostile ...but you cant tell in text, so i guess i was coming off like im in attack mode...thats why i talked to rob via phone..i got nothing but love for you guys!

(((Derek)))

(((colleenalina))))
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21838
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:02 pm

The one thing I really hate the Oscars for is how they have just snubbed Leonardo Dicaprio.. like one of the greatest actors ever and person ever and one year he was even nominated twice in the Best Actor category for 2 different movies and still didn;t win.. like WTF!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now it will likely never happen cause Leo is stepping down from acting to so he can travel and focus on his foundation

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:04 pm

I don't really pay attention to who has won what because I don't care BUT I agree, DiCaprio is a VERY good actor and it's a shame he hasn't won an Oscar. The guy is incredible.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:05 pm

yea Leo deserved an Oscar
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Was he that good in Django Unchained? Haven't seen it.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:15 pm

im sure he was..i havent seen it either....
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 pm

I remember him all the way back to "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?", with Johnny Depp...really talented...
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:18 pm

aw yeah! .....Gilberts Grape!.....he did amazing! love that movie
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7931
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:27 pm

meepsrus wrote:
I remember him all the way back to "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?", with Johnny Depp...really talented...


Growing Pains

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21838
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:14 pm

meepsrus wrote:
Was he that good in Django Unchained? Haven't seen it.

He's BETTER than that good, even in The Beach

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:16 pm

yea yea ..good in the Beach as well...he's good in everything...
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Inception was awesome...
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:24 pm

yea that too...wtf...why has leo been disregarded
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Inception was incredible. I don't know anyone else who could have played Cobb as well as he did. And he was incredible in Shutter Island.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:28 pm

i agree..
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7931
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:31 pm

how can a parent name their kid Leonardo

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21838
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Sometiems I wonder, although he is a well known actor and very good he very dettached from hollywood.. he hardly does interviews unless they are for promoting amovie, he does not do guest spots, he only goes to award shows if he is nominated usually, he's won a few critics awards and film festival awards, and one golden globe for Aviator.. So I wonder if he gets snub because he spends more time caring about the world then his social life in hollywood

he's also won a Razzie for worst couple in The Man and the Iron Mask and was nominated for Worst Actor for The Beach

_________________
I believe in the person I want to become
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:37 pm

The same way they can name their daughter Precious facepalm
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:52 pm

meepsrus wrote:
I remember him all the way back to "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?", with Johnny Depp...really talented...

That's still one of my favorite movies! Great acting by both Leo and Johnny.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 pm

@desi wrote:
The one thing I really hate the Oscars for is how they have just snubbed Leonardo Dicaprio.. like one of the greatest actors ever and person ever and one year he was even nominated twice in the Best Actor category for 2 different movies and still didn;t win.. like WTF!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now it will likely never happen cause Leo is stepping down from acting to so he can travel and focus on his foundation
he'll be back to acting again, he said he was taking an extended break, he had alot of movies done in the last few years. most actors do that, you see them in a different movie every 6 months for a year or two, then they take a break. i bet he comes back to acting, especially with the roles he gets offered.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:02 pm

meepsrus wrote:
The same way they can name their daughter Precious
or apple or blue Ivy or one of a hundred other stooopid names for kids
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Anybody looking forward to his Gatsby? Looks like a another period spectacle...
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 pm

meepsrus wrote:
Anybody looking forward to his Gatsby? Looks like a another period spectacle...
he's one of a very few actors who can take pretty much any part and make you believe he is that person, as opposed to an actor playing a person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Oscars   

Back to top Go down
 
The Oscars
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: Movies-
Post new topic   Reply to topicJump to: