AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inDefiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyDefiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyDefiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 Empty 
gin (20877)
Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyDefiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyDefiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Defiance, the show on SciFi.

Go down 
+3
gin
iwantmycrayons
Iggy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Goof

Goof

Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:09 pm

meepsrus wrote:
Ez wrote:
Yea, they came in peace because their galaxy was about to die, they needed a new place to live. They had no clue that the Earth was inhabited, some sort of sabotage happened and the ships started crashing.

That's what the narration meant in the beginning, wasn't it...that the planet didn't "belong" to anybody...

But with all the tv/radio waves we dish out, satellites orbiting and more than enough evidence that Earth is inhabited how can they not know it's owned? So like Clark's geriatric reference, they had to be seriously deaf & blind too?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Goof wrote:
meepsrus wrote:
Ez wrote:
Yea, they came in peace because their galaxy was about to die, they needed a new place to live. They had no clue that the Earth was inhabited, some sort of sabotage happened and the ships started crashing.

That's what the narration meant in the beginning, wasn't it...that the planet didn't "belong" to anybody...

But with all the tv/radio waves we dish out, satellites orbiting and more than enough evidence that Earth is inhabited how can they not know it's owned? So like Clark's geriatric reference, they had to be seriously deaf & blind too?

But who knows how long the ships were traveling before reaching Earth? Remember the girl (well she's not human, but you know...) said in the derelict spaceship of the dead they saw in the ship, "hundreds of years traveling, and they die in their sleep...".
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Yea, they left for Earth hundreds of years ago, and were put into a catatonic state, kinda like in Aliens, how they travel without aging.
Back to top Go down
Goof

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 5:24 pm

But the ships would have to be programmed to wake key crew members when entering the system to navigate into orbits, asses the situation upon arrival and other procedure. It's standard sci fi.

Watching it now. Nirvana "Come as you are" Really?
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 5:42 pm

I liked that cover
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:18 pm

hmmm, I need to either join that game or pay more attention to the beginning.

I was not overly thrilled with last nights eppie, not sure why. Maybe my expectations were to high. I will keep watching, as Grant Bowler (Nolan) has some lines, is easy on the eyes, and his "daughter" is not above ignoring his orders to do the right thing.

Those creepy pale people, bug me, they are really scary, in the way they think, and what they do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:19 pm

The music in general is pretty cool...you can imagine today's pop music kinda evolving into that over,what is it, 30 some years...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:23 pm

I agree Iggy, the Votans I think they're called? They are trying to fit in, but they're just...too different...

And whats' with the ex-mayor? She's scheming to get back into town to find something...did she cause the attack at the end of the 1st episode (haven't seen the second one yet)? I guess so...
Finally Mrs Dak Tar will be the one to watch, more than her husband...isn't she a snake in the grass...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Yea, she said at the end of the first ep she was behind it.
Back to top Go down
Goof

Goof

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 am

I did like the cover. I just had a feeling that... "I'm not read for Nirvana to be reduced to cliche backdrop/elevator music yet!"

tongue As much as I like Jaime Murry, I don't need to be seeing her naked. And yes she is the snake in the grass that is clearly outsmarting her power hungry hubby. She is the brains behind his brawn.

And 'Juliet' clearly needs to learn more about the culture she's thinking of getting married into.

I loved the ex mayors assessment of their culture and their motives to hang on to it. They're just trying to cling to SOMETHING of their own identity after such a tumultuous era.

I'd like to see more out of the daughter (I haven't learned names yet) beyond 'moody trained killer girl cliche'. I want to see her get more involved in an actual conversation that doesn't involve "I'm mean and I don't like you".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 6:02 am

I want to know what's behind "he murdered my parents"..
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 am

Yea, Im guessing they kept her chained up an beat her, but clearly they weren't good Irathians,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 am

Have they already explained the derivation of these different races? 8 I think right? The girl is Irathian, Dak Tar is Votan? The ones like Ban and the doctor are something else, they're apparently related to the invaders, the Verge?...and then the ones that facially look lik Chewbacca or an orangutan are something else...what about the bike riders?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 am

But then why did she say he murdered them, rather than killed?
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am

There are 7 Alien races, Humans are the eighth.

1.Castithan
2.Indogene
3.Irathient
4.Liberata
5.Sensoth
6.Gulanee
7.Volge
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 am

meepsrus wrote:
Have they already explained the derivation of these different races? 8 I think right? The girl is Irathian, Dak Tar is Votan? The ones like Ban and the doctor are something else, they're apparently related to the invaders, the Verge?...and then the ones that facially look lik Chewbacca or an orangutan are something else...what about the bike riders?

The Spirit Riders are Irathian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 am

ehhh, Verge, Volge....they all look alike to me 55
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:47 am

We haven't seen the Gulanee yet, they are suppose to be very few, the other 6 races make up the majority, the Liberata are the ape like creatures, the Sensoth are the bird, servant creatures
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 am

Oh so McCauley's servant is a Sensoth? I guess we'll get filled in on the genesis of all these...in such a short time too...I imagine they're a by product of the terraforming process..
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 am

No, they were all aliens from their own galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:55 am

No one knows how the Volge came, they were suppose to be left behind.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:57 am

Some creatures are results of the Terraforming, but we haven't seen them on the show yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 am

Ez wrote:
Some creatures are results of the Terraforming, but we haven't seen them on the show yet.

I think I have seen one, as Nolan was first approaching St Louis...a little dinosaur like cretature, skittered in front of them, made me think of Jurassic Park...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Yea, that is a terraformed creature, I think they are called Hell Bugs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 9:31 am

Just watched some of the second ep this morning, from the way Justin described the terraforming process, when they were at the mine, it doesn't sound much like it was a benign process gone wrong, if it was powerful enough to take St Louis and fold it up like a soft taco...also he said they targeted all the cities first and wiped them out....wanting to make earth into a place for their liking, the aliens understandably must have seen the cities as the greatest threat to "their" new world...
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:52 pm

I need to pay more attention to this show. lol
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 10:56 pm

meepsrus wrote:
Just watched some of the second ep this morning, from the way Justin described the terraforming process, when they were at the mine, it doesn't sound much like it was a benign process gone wrong, if it was powerful enough to take St Louis and fold it up like a soft taco...also he said they targeted all the cities first and wiped them out....wanting to make earth into a place for their liking, the aliens understandably must have seen the cities as the greatest threat to "their" new world...

Whether they were targeted or not, I don't know. I do know that the ships crashed and were sabotaged, a lot of the aliens dying in their sleep in the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:18 am

Ez wrote:
meepsrus wrote:

Whether they were targeted or not, I don't know. I do know that the ships crashed and were sabotaged, a lot of the aliens dying in their sleep in the process.

Have you been playing the game, as well as watching the show?
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:26 am

I have the game, I have played it a little, but I have been pretty busy with school the last few weeks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defiance, the show on SciFi.    Defiance, the show on SciFi.   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Defiance, the show on SciFi.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2