AFTER LOST

a place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost..
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MLB 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:46 am

still need bullpen help though - they're scary to watch some nights scrd 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12873
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:51 am

blondie wrote:
still need bullpen help though - they're scary to watch some nights scrd 
i have a feeling that will be the case for the red sox also, they lost a game against the anahiem la somewhere near southern california angels of the west because their bullpen couldn't hold a 4 run lead in the ninth, and last night it blew up again.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:21 pm

blondie wrote:
still need bullpen help though - they're scary to watch some nights scrd 

Ours as well...they're schizo...I never know for sure what shape the middle relievers will be like...starters are dependable for at least 6 good innings usually.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:15 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
blondie wrote:
still need bullpen help though - they're scary to watch some nights scrd 
i have a feeling that will be the case for the red sox also, they lost a game against the anahiem la somewhere near southern california angels of the west because their bullpen couldn't hold a 4 run lead in the ninth, and last night it blew up again.



apparently ours is responsible for about 14 losses this year. If we had those leads/wins back, we'd be the ones 7.5 up in the division :| 

I think its even affecting Pap - Lannan held the Nats scoreless for 8 then Pap gives up 2 for his save. gah  There's potential but no anchor.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:16 pm

meepsrus wrote:
blondie wrote:
still need bullpen help though - they're scary to watch some nights scrd 

Ours as well...they're schizo...I never know for sure what shape the middle relievers will be like...starters are dependable for at least 6 good innings usually.

here too

ours is mostly young guys that have been called up in the last 2 seasons out of necessity. They throw hard, but can't always find the strike zone. Some day, they'll be good.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
blondie wrote:
still need bullpen help though - they're scary to watch some nights scrd 
i have a feeling that will be the case for the red sox also, they lost a game against the anahiem la somewhere near southern california angels of the west because their bullpen couldn't hold a 4 run lead in the ninth, and last night it blew up again.


 gah

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12873
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Ez wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
blondie wrote:
still need bullpen help though - they're scary to watch some nights scrd 
i have a feeling that will be the case for the red sox also, they lost a game against the anahiem la somewhere near southern california angels of the west because their bullpen couldn't hold a 4 run lead in the ninth, and last night it blew up again.


 gah
the bullpen is a complete shambles, and to be honest they may have to trade for some relief if they want to stay in this, once again they gave no run support to lackey, and lester is still screwed up.

they need the allstar break to take a breath.

Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Yea, it can't get here fast enough, I hope Bucholz doesn't have to play so he can get some rest.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12873
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Ez wrote:
Yea, it can't get here fast enough, I hope Bucholz doesn't have to play so he can get some rest.
i think he's out already, leyland took bartolo "platlet spinner" colon to replace him.

Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Good

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12873
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:29 am

not sure that webster is the answer for a number 5 starter, a win is a win, but having to score 11 runs and squeak by 11-8 against Seattle is asking a little much from the offense.

i know he's a nutjob, but i really think aceves might be a better answer short term for a number 5, and then when bucholz comes back ( if he ever does from a friggin stiff neck) aceves moves to the bullpen to give some help.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:33 am

I wish the Braves would have the decency to lose while we're winning.

Hamels may be finally turning it around - it was an exciting game last night yay 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12873
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:23 am

iwantmycrayons wrote:
not sure that webster is the answer for a number 5 starter, a win is a win, but having to score 11 runs and squeak by 11-8 against Seattle is asking a little much from the offense.

i know he's a nutjob, but i really think aceves might be a better answer short term for a number 5, and then when bucholz comes back ( if he ever does from a friggin stiff neck) aceves moves to the bullpen to give some help.
maybe they can score 11 runs every night, 11-4, and another dinger and double for the BEST DH ever in the history of the MLB, say what you want about having or not having a DH, He is the best that ever played the 'position'


and because he has been one his whole career, he is able to continue performing at 37, ( or 45 in american years tongue  )
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:18 am

Sorry about the Phils Blondie..I heard Lee got hammered a little :O 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:19 am

And not with after game champagne either lol2 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12873
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:22 am

other than the 4 dingers he gave up, he pitched quite well
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:26 am

meepsrus wrote:
Sorry about the Phils Blondie..I heard Lee got hammered a little :O 


2 back to back homers in back to back innings

we have the weirdest losses sometimes

its ok - we've already secured at at least a split with this series. I'm trying to learn patience.

And Darin Ruf hit a HR - so that's positive sign

I think we have a Detroit series coming up after the break :O
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:27 am

iwantmycrayons wrote:
other than the 4 dingers he gave up, he pitched quite well


his problem is that he throws "too many" strikes

he doesn't give in.

The Nats have some big bats - sweeping them in 4 games was probably unlikely anyway
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12873
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:28 am

blondie wrote:
meepsrus wrote:
Sorry about the Phils Blondie..I heard Lee got hammered a little :O 


2 back to back homers in back to back innings

we have the weirdest losses sometimes

its ok - we've already secured at at least a split with this series.  I'm  trying to learn patience.

And Darin Ruf hit a HR -  so that's  positive sign

I think we have a Detroit series coming up after the break :O
good, cliff Lee could use a little recent AL experience before he puts on a red sox uniform tongue 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12873
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:29 am

blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
other than the 4 dingers he gave up, he pitched quite well


his problem is that he throws "too many" strikes

he doesn't give in.

The Nats have some big bats - sweeping them in 4 games was probably unlikely anyway
yeah, it happens, especially with a pitcher like lee, who I bet for at least 2 of those homers threw the ball pretty much where he wanted to.

sometimes a hitter can take a good pitch out
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:31 am

iwantmycrayons wrote:
blondie wrote:
meepsrus wrote:
Sorry about the Phils Blondie..I heard Lee got hammered a little :O 


2 back to back homers in back to back innings

we have the weirdest losses sometimes

its ok - we've already secured at at least a split with this series.  I'm  trying to learn patience.

And Darin Ruf hit a HR -  so that's  positive sign

I think we have a Detroit series coming up after the break :O
good, cliff Lee could use a little recent AL experience before he puts on a red sox uniform tongue 


67 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:44 am

blondie wrote:
meepsrus wrote:
Sorry about the Phils Blondie..I heard Lee got hammered a little :O 


2 back to back homers in back to back innings

we have the weirdest losses sometimes

its ok - we've already secured at at least a split with this series.  I'm  trying to learn patience.

And Darin Ruf hit a HR -  so that's  positive sign

I think we have a Detroit series coming up after the break :O

Yes! The 26th thru 28th. Looking forward to it 34 And it won't do you any good to walk Cabrera every time ether lol 
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:22 am

well I know that Lee won't try it! 987  Hamels will go after him too.

the others are prone to nibbling a bit smilingnerd 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12873
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:43 pm

lead off homer for Jacoby, 1-0 Sox cool 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12873
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:38 am

wow, terrible pitching for both starters, and then 5 plus of scoreless relief from a washed up comedian, and a win in the top of the 10th. 20 games over .500

20 games over 500 going into a weekend matchup against oakland, and we will be in first place at the allstar break no matter what happens.


stunning, just absolutely stunning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
MLB 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 38Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Warner Bros. moves Superman to 2013
» 27/7 Ranking Tournament for Asia 2013
» San Japan (Aug 16-18 2013) San Antonio, TX
» Sony Moving 'White House Down' to Heart of Summer 2013
» Roster Suggestions 2012-2013

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: MLB Happenings-
Jump to: