AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MLB 2013

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:45 am

shut down again, this time by price....damn Tampa has pitching.... Hopefully they can score some runs tonite for Lackey and take a split
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9256
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Yea, and hopefully they cool off by Sept and start dropping games.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:24 am

The Cubs finally rid themselves of Soriano :O
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:40 am

@blondie wrote:
The Cubs finally rid themselves of Soriano :O

He'll be a superstar for sure now, all over agin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:53 am

to them he will be

Yanks HR in July - 8
Soriano HR un July - 9 or 10

something like that

Hell, we probably could've used him at this point 36  Actually I heard that we almost traded Brown for him last off-season (this was prior to his breakout)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:58 am

The Cubs just released him, or did they get somebody for him?
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:02 am

no, it was a trade. I don't know who but the Cubs are paying most of his salary due. I think he's still under contract through next year still.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:25 am

@blondie wrote:
no, it was a trade.  I don't know who but the Cubs are paying most of his salary due.  I  think he's still under contract through next year still.  

I saw the numbers he's still owed....what a waste...again, the Cubs are looking to the future...God knows their past isn't anything glorious...
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 am

sounds like they only received one player back

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:44 am

meepsrus wrote:
@blondie wrote:
The Cubs finally rid themselves of Soriano :O

He'll be a superstar for sure now, all over agin. Very Happy
hits a home run and the walk off single to win the game against tampa

Thanks Chicago!!!tongue 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:47 am

Sox take 2 of 3 from Baltimore, and claw their way back into 1st.


now they get to play tampa in the make up game and go up against price for the second time in 5 days :| 

Hopefully papi's temper tantrum on saturday wakes the bats up a little,they needed a spark they were listless the last week or so.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:41 am

oh the humanity
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
meepsrus wrote:
@blondie wrote:
The Cubs finally rid themselves of Soriano :O

He'll be a superstar for sure now, all over agin. Very Happy
hits a home run and the walk off single to win the game against tampa

Thanks Chicago!!!tongue 

Shades of Lou Brock 55 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:34 am

@blondie wrote:
oh the humanity

hair 


I truly didn't expect them to take all three....no, really! I thought your best chnace would have been Sunday, against Porcello....and of course I expected Cliff Lee to show up...but hey we'll take em all the same tongue 
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:38 am

meepsrus wrote:
@blondie wrote:
oh the humanity

hair 


I truly didn't expect them to take all three....no, really! I thought your best chnace would have been Sunday, against Porcello....and of course I expected Cliff Lee to show up...but hey we'll take em all the same  tongue 


you can see how well run they are when they elected to pitch Valdez (aging AAA relief pitcher who throws 88mph) ) instead of calling up somebody, anybody. Surely we have someone better.

Hamels wasn't bad but we have no offense to speak of. Pettibone is ok too but since he battles, Charlie's afraid to keep him in.

Bullpen is in shambles but that's nothing new.

On the plus side, they can stop pretending to "need" Michael Young. Get something for him while we still can.

Pap can go fly a kite - he's turning "Werthless" with his comments.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:39 am

see you in 2014! tongue 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:43 am

@blondie wrote:
see you in 2014! tongue 

At your place this time I assume? Very Happy You had LOTS of people on the DL...

Yeah, was surprised at Papelbon....especially with the money he's getting....I'd never sign a reliever to a long term contract...
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:42 am

meepsrus wrote:
@blondie wrote:
see you in 2014! tongue 

At your place this time I assume? Very Happy You had LOTS of people on the DL...

Yeah, was surprised at Papelbon....especially with the money he's getting....I'd never sign a reliever to a long term contract...


we're calling the death on this year 987 


I didn't hate Pap's contract - at the time it was really only him or Madson and Madson hasn't thrown a pitch since he left us 2 years ago. And Pap's mostly been solid - if we were competing his contract wouldn't even be discussed.

Running your mouth against your team and organization doesn't cut it around here. And its not going to help the team to have another problem.

last year we could blame on the DL - this year that excuse doesn't cut it. They're just feeble with the bat.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:54 am

Well, we have a couple games with Washington starting tomorrow....I'm thinking we won't average 8 runs a game against them judgy1 
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:12 am

their pitching hasn't been as good as advertised

but it looks like they are hitting again
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:27 am

tough loss a bad call at home, poor baserunning that should have tied the game BEFORe the bad call, and David Price is one hell of a pitcher

1/2 game out of first again, hopefully they get some wins against seattle, and the rays can cool off a little
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3583
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:27 am

farking pirates....
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:58 am

this is short but funny. even though who the hell has even really heard of Mr. Met?

Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Michael Young trade should be imminent - calling up our 3b of the future, Cody Ashe.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:20 pm

@blondie wrote:
Michael Young trade should be imminent - calling up our 3b of the future, Cody Ashe.  
I hope it isn't to the red sox, they could bring up bogarts or middlebrooks to fill that hole.

i really think they won't do anything before the deadline, look to make a trade in Agust if they need to.

honestly their pitching is Ok, they could use help in the bullpen, but it's their offense right now that's slumping.

Of course seeing david price 2 times in 5 days will do that to you, hopefully seattle will be a little easier to score runs on, but you can't blame the pitching when you lose 2-1
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:26 pm

The Yankees have been the ones who really wanted him - they lost ARoid and Youklis

The same rumor mill has you guys going after Cliff Lee :O
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:29 pm

@blondie wrote:
The Yankees have been the ones who really wanted him - they lost ARoid and Youklis

The same rumor mill has you guys going after Cliff Lee :O
depends on what they have to give up for him.

I'd love to see him pitch at fenway, but not if we have to break the farm to do so.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:32 pm

hopefully we don't settle for anything less than the top prospects - may as well keep him

I now see that its probably dead anyway

Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9256
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:45 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
Michael Young trade should be imminent - calling up our 3b of the future, Cody Ashe.  
I hope it isn't to the red sox, they could bring up bogarts or middlebrooks to fill that hole.

 i really think they won't do anything before the deadline, look to make a trade in Agust if they need to.

 honestly their pitching is Ok, they could use help in the bullpen, but it's their offense right now that's slumping.

Of course seeing david price 2 times in 5 days will do that to you, hopefully seattle will be a little easier to score runs on, but you can't blame the pitching when you lose 2-1

I wouldn't say no to Peavey, I kinda hope we get him, or Lee.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9256
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:46 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
The Yankees have been the ones who really wanted him - they lost ARoid and Youklis

The same rumor mill has you guys going after Cliff Lee :O
depends on what they have to give up for him.

I'd love to see him pitch at fenway, but not if we have to break the farm to do so.

Agreed

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Nobody's gonna help us, so we might well stand pat with who we have. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Uncle Junior from The Sopranos just sang the National Anthem smilingnerd 
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 pm

And thankfully the eight game losing streak is over smilingnerd 
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9256
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:54 pm


_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:35 am

@Ez wrote:
Woo Hoo!!Great Deal!!!


http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9523880/jake-peavy-boston-red-sox-3-team-deal-involving-chicago-white-sox-detroit-tigers-sources-confirm
yeah i like it, losing Iggy will be OK, with bogaerts coming on fast.

I say we bring up Middlebrooks now, wait til they expand the rosters and bring up Bogaerts and see what he can do.

In the meantime, our rotation and bullpen both got better, workman has has bee.....shall i say it, "workmanlike" since he came up, another great game from last night
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:53 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Ez wrote:
Woo Hoo!!Great Deal!!!


http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9523880/jake-peavy-boston-red-sox-3-team-deal-involving-chicago-white-sox-detroit-tigers-sources-confirm
yeah i like it, losing Iggy will be OK, with bogaerts coming on fast.

 I say we bring up Middlebrooks now, wait til they expand the rosters and bring up Bogaerts and see what he can do.

In the meantime, our rotation and bullpen both got better, workman has has bee.....shall i say it, "workmanlike" since he came up, another great game from last night

This should help the Tigers even....we stand to lose Peralta, at least for awhile, due to the PED suspension, so Iglesias fits right in there...what's his bat like?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 am

Well the Tigers tarnished the Golden Boy, just a little yay 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 am

meepsrus wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Ez wrote:
Woo Hoo!!Great Deal!!!


http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9523880/jake-peavy-boston-red-sox-3-team-deal-involving-chicago-white-sox-detroit-tigers-sources-confirm
yeah i like it, losing Iggy will be OK, with bogaerts coming on fast.

 I say we bring up Middlebrooks now, wait til they expand the rosters and bring up Bogaerts and see what he can do.

In the meantime, our rotation and bullpen both got better, workman has has bee.....shall i say it, "workmanlike" since he came up, another great game from last night

This should help the Tigers even....we stand to lose Peralta, at least for awhile, due to the PED suspension, so Iglesias fits right in there...what's his bat like?
when he first came up he was on fire, but one of the main concerns has always been that he is a weak hitter.

his defense is astounding though, you have a player capable of lowering ERa's all by himself both for the opposing team and yours. tongue 

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 am

^^^^^That last, is why they went for him...they have enough hitting power in the lineup....we picked up Jose Vera from Houston also, and he should help us with middle relief.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:07 am

meepsrus wrote:
^^^^^That last, is why they went for him...they have enough hitting power in the lineup....we picked up Jose Vera from Houston also, and he should help us with middle relief.  
He definitely can play, either third or short, and is an absolute vacuum .

He may hit for you, like I said he was great when he first came up, but has cooled off some as of late.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:11 am

meepsrus wrote:
Well the Tigers tarnished the Golden Boy, just a little  yay 


I heard highfive 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:13 am

@blondie wrote:
meepsrus wrote:
Well the Tigers tarnished the Golden Boy, just a little  yay 


I heard highfive 

Helps you eh?
Now if Verlander can just get out of his funk this afternoon, that'll look really good Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:16 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
meepsrus wrote:
^^^^^That last, is why they went for him...they have enough hitting power in the lineup....we picked up Jose Vera from Houston also, and he should help us with middle relief.  
He definitely can play, either third or short, and is an absolute vacuum .

 He may hit for you, like I said he was great when he first came up, but has cooled off some as of late.

Well, he jumped from one contender to another, so hopefully that will help...

I really hate for them to lose Peralta, I know he did wrong messing with that stuff and all....but at least all of them (except of course A-roid) aren't contesting their suspensions...
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 am

meepsrus wrote:
@blondie wrote:
meepsrus wrote:
Well the Tigers tarnished the Golden Boy, just a little  yay 


I heard highfive 

Helps you eh?
Now if Verlander can just get out of his funk this afternoon, that'll look really good Very Happy 

well, at this point nothing is going to help us but I do enjoy seeing the Nationals' golden boys roughed up. Evil  If I never here the word "phenom" again it'll be too soon

it would be nice to finish in 2nd place instead of 3rd, I guess (although we're only 1 game from being in 4th)


And it looks like no deadline trades for us - Utley is working on an extension; no interest in giving up "vital organs" for Lee; it seems like M. Young will finish the season playing first (no reason to even have Howard come back at this point)
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:11 am

meepsrus wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
meepsrus wrote:
^^^^^That last, is why they went for him...they have enough hitting power in the lineup....we picked up Jose Vera from Houston also, and he should help us with middle relief.  
He definitely can play, either third or short, and is an absolute vacuum .

 He may hit for you, like I said he was great when he first came up, but has cooled off some as of late.

Well, he jumped from one contender to another, so hopefully that will help...

I really hate for them to lose Peralta, I know he did wrong messing with that stuff and all....but at least all of them (except of course A-roid) aren't contesting their suspensions...


the word is that they either accept it now or serve for longer if they try to appeal.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:14 am

How long is the suspension supposed to be? If it's like 50 games, they could all be back by the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:21 am

meepsrus wrote:
How long is the suspension supposed to be? If it's like 50 games, they could all be back by the playoffs.
most of them will be in the 50 game area, and that's what is driving them to accept the suspensions, especially guys like Cruz and perralta who want to go into free agency t without a suspension hanging over their heads
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:34 pm

meepsrus wrote:
Well, we have a couple games with Washington starting tomorrow....I'm thinking we won't average 8 runs a game against them  judgy1 

Well...actually, we did lol2 11-1. Verlander won, which is good for his self confidence I hope....struck out 6 in 6 innings, but he walked 5 judgy1 
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:31 pm

yay 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:38 am

15 inning marathon, but back in 1st again.

Moore from tampa, one of their starters on the 15 day DL with elbow problems.

tampa will just bring up some 20 year old who throws 112 MPH and paints the corners though.

I just don't know how they continue to bring up pitcher after pitcher after pitcher and have them succeed so well, any other team losing a starter in August would spell doom, but it will probably make Tampa even stronger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MLB 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
MLB 2013
Back to top 
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: MLB Happenings-
Jump to: