AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inAmerican Horror Story: Coven TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
American Horror Story: Coven EmptyAmerican Horror Story: Coven EmptyAmerican Horror Story: Coven Empty 
gin (20877)
American Horror Story: Coven EmptyAmerican Horror Story: Coven EmptyAmerican Horror Story: Coven Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

American Horror Story: Coven

Go down 
+4
Derek
desi
blondie
gin
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gin
Admin
gin

American Horror Story: Coven Empty
PostSubject: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:32 pm

American Horror Story: Coven’ trailer 3 released: Staircases and suspension

The aforementioned song you hear is about life in New Orleans turned bad. The forthcoming season’s plot focuses on multiple generations of witches.

Watch American Horror Story: Coven’s first teaser and second teaser at the respective links.

American Horror Story season 3 was created by Ryan Murphy and will star Jessica Lange, Frances Conroy, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Taissa Farmiga, Kathy Bates, Gabourey Sidibe, Angela Bassett, Patti LuPone, Emma Roberts, Denis O’Hare, Alexandra Breckenridge, and Lily Rabe.

American Horror Story: Coven premieres October 9 on FX.

[url=http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=american horror story%3A coven&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=UTvxfkr7wLQrCM&tbnid=FJXp_2z3kAIAnM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2Fahs-coven&ei=RywNUozsN8a2yAHw_oDoDg&bvm=bv.50768961,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNHUsxXHKI2afQb5WW0RLw0s_5HHKg&ust=1376681194210349]American Horror Story: Coven Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAzgEu8OpNThbSpCoJG7AHP-V_HIrfQrILqf3eE_qQRWhvAkfORg[/url]
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:35 pm

American Horror Story: Coven Tumblr_mpzmj30ZfF1s0chhxo1_1280

American Horror Story: Coven Tumblr_mpzmj30ZfF1s0chhxo4_500

American Horror Story: Coven Tumblr_mpzmj30ZfF1s0chhxo2_500

loving the images!
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:43 pm

the seasons are all self-contained stories, right?

I quit it during S1 - it was a little too brutal for me. at least one scene was. it completely turned me off of it
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:50 pm

ya they are all different. they bring the actors back but they plan different roles.

s2 was more brutal imo... there were some scenes that really chilled me. but thats the point imo. not much can chill me ... i find this show creepier than most multi-million dollar movies
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 4:30 pm

KATHY BATES!!!! I will defiantly be watching!!!
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:53 pm

trailers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 am

American Horror Story: Coven Enhanced-buzz-21072-1381170500-19
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:46 am

American Horror Story: Coven Enhanced-buzz-1797-1381161686-22
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:48 am

American Horror Story: Coven Enhanced-buzz-15419-1379536026-25

Gabourey Sidibe is going to be on it this year!!
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:50 am

American Horror Story: Coven Anigif_enhanced-buzz-7863-1379540144-7
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:01 am

Did anyone watch? i taped it - but didnt get it till midnight. i'll watch tonight! yay
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:40 am

I taped it

I'll get to it over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:28 am

I watched it... really enjoyed it.. really creepy and gory.. plus I love the Salem witch history...  I was really into it when I was younger.. I went to library and took out like every book I could find on it lol.. The Victorian Era was a very interesting time in history there was a lot of the witchcraft, werewolf vampire stuff than... very interesting stuff..

Kathy Bates character is based on a real person...

Marie Delphine LaLaurie (née Macarty or Maccarthy, c. 1775 – c. 1842), more commonly known as Madame LaLaurie, was a Louisiana-born socialite and serial killer known for her involvement in the torture and murder of slaves.

Born in New Orleans, LaLaurie married three times over the course of her life. She maintained a prominent position in the social circles of New Orleans until April 10, 1834, when rescuers responding to a fire at her Royal Street mansion discovered bound slaves within the house who showed evidence of torture over a long period. LaLaurie's house was subsequently sacked by an outraged mob of New Orleans citizens, and it is thought that she fled to Paris, where she is believed to have died.

As of 2013, the Royal Street mansion where LaLaurie lived is still standing and is a prominent New Orleans landmark.

Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:39 am

Angela Bassett's character is also based on a real person...

Marie Laveau (September 10, 1794 – June 16, 1881) was a Louisiana Creole practitioner of Voodoo renowned in New Orleans. She was born free in New Orleans.

Her daughter Marie Laveau II (1827 — c. 1895) also practiced Voudoun, and historical accounts often confuse the two. She and her mother had great influence over their multiracial following. "In 1874 as many as twelve thousand spectators, both black and white, swarmed to the shores of Lake Pontchartrain to catch a glimpse of Marie Laveau II performing her legendary rites on St. John's Eve (June 23–24).]
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:14 am

omgosh i cant effing wait to watch this.  thats is SOOO cool Des! thank you for posting that!
i loooove love love the witch stuff - and especially the history they are including.  and the creepier the better.
honestly thsi show is more creepy than most movies that spend millions trying to be scary
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:55 am

def very creepy.. that was the Victorian era.. here are some Halloween costumes from the Victorian era...

During the Victoria Era it was common to pay honor to those who passed away by photographing them after death.. and because child death rates were so high there is a lot of pictures out there with children and it is so disturbing...

American Horror Story: Coven Enhanced-buzz-6911-1380831440-9

American Horror Story: Coven Enhanced-buzz-18196-1380831879-26

American Horror Story: Coven Enhanced-buzz-10238-1380832319-13
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:57 am

Spirit Photography also became a big thing in the Victorian era...

American Horror Story: Coven Enhanced-buzz-13674-1351108567-2

American Horror Story: Coven Enhanced-buzz-5128-1351093624-0

American Horror Story: Coven Enhanced-buzz-2161-1351092579-15
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 12:27 pm

i cant wait to see these when i get home
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 1:07 pm

I couldn't even imagine what this show would be like if it was on HBO or a channel like that...
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 1:58 pm

those death pics always creep me out

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:05 am

wow!! ok i think this season is going to be pretty awesome yay 

First of all - I absolutely adore Jessica Lange.  she can play ANYTHING. it shocks me how fking amazing she is. I saw her on Ellen once and she seemed so sshy and timid and not really keen on being the center of attention.  she was completely different than what she plays on screen.  love her.

anyways - wtf - i hope Kit isnt ACTUALLY dead. i need him!! wah 

definately creepy and disturbing. i hate having to wait a whole week for the next
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 5:05 pm

wow those "dead" pics are very very creepy
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 5:28 pm

gin wrote:
wow!! ok i think this season is going to be pretty awesome yay 

First of all - I absolutely adore Jessica Lange.  she can play ANYTHING. it shocks me how fking amazing she is. I saw her on Ellen once and she seemed so sshy and timid and not really keen on being the center of attention.  she was completely different than what she plays on screen.  love her.

anyways - wtf - i hope Kit isnt ACTUALLY dead. i need him!! wah 

definately creepy and disturbing. i hate having to wait a whole week for the next
oh you'll be seeing him.. not necessarily hearing him, but you will def see him ;)
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:56 pm

how do you know how do you know????
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:24 pm

ok i'm looking at more pics of vicotoria era... wow thats creepy
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:36 pm

I read an interview with the Exec Producer, he gave away a few things :)
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:08 pm

this is excellent news! i am deeply in love with Kit smilingnerd
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 am

anyone watch?!?!? soooo awesome....

yay yay yay yay yay yay 
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:31 pm

taped it
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:42 pm

on VHS?
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Derek wrote:
on VHS?
lmao  beta, she's convinced the world missed a true innovation by going VHS tongue 
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:17 pm

oh yeah

I bought my last album on 8track - those will never go out of style!
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:06 am

lol 

yes i watched it. i effing love this show. everything about it. Jessica Lange heart2 

Kit is frankensteined! eek.  I love the Stevie Nicks witch! i wonder if Stevie will actually be on the show. our ABC friend Rhia would freak!
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:54 am

So there is going to be 2 prominent evil/supernatural beings this season.. the Minotaur and The Axeman... we all know the Minotaur is a mythical creature, but The Axeman is based on real person as well...

The Axeman was a serial killer in the early-mid 1900s, who as his name says, killed his victims with an axe after breaking into their home... he was never identified and never caught.. the murders just stopped one day...

here is one of his most famous letters:

Hell, March 13, 1919

Esteemed Mortal:

They have never caught me and they never will. They have never seen me, for I am invisible, even as the ether that surrounds your earth. I am not a human being, but a spirit and a demon from the hottest hell. I am what you Orleanians and your foolish police call the Axeman.

When I see fit, I shall come and claim other victims. I alone know whom they shall be. I shall leave no clue except my bloody axe, besmeared with blood and brains of he whom I have sent below to keep me company.

If you wish you may tell the police to be careful not to rile me. Of course, I am a reasonable spirit. I take no offense at the way they have conducted their investigations in the past. In fact, they have been so utterly stupid as to not only amuse me, but His Satanic Majesty, Francis Josef, etc. But tell them to beware. Let them not try to discover what I am, for it were better that they were never born than to incur the wrath of the Axeman. I don‘t think there is any need of such a warning, for I feel sure the police will always dodge me, as they have in the past. They are wise and know how to keep away from all harm.

Undoubtedly, you Orleanians think of me as a most horrible murderer, which I am, but I could be much worse if I wanted to. If I wished, I could pay a visit to your city every night. At will I could slay thousands of your best citizens, for I am in close relationship with the Angel of Death.

Now, to be exact, at 12:15 (earthly time) on next Tuesday night, I am going to pass over New Orleans. In my infinite mercy, I am going to make a little proposition to you people. Here it is:
I am very fond of jazz music, and I swear by all the devils in the nether regions that every person shall be spared in whose home a jazz band is in full swing at the time I have just mentioned. If everyone has a jazz band going, well, then, so much the better for you people. One thing is certain and that is that some of your people who do not jazz it on Tuesday night (if there be any) will get the axe.

Well, as I am cold and crave the warmth of my native Tartarus, and it is about time I leave your earthly home, I will cease my discourse. Hoping that thou wilt publish this, that it may go well with thee, I have been, am and will be the worst spirit that ever existed either in fact or realm of fancy.
The Axeman
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:23 pm

wow that crazy dude sure thought highly of himself!
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:30 pm

American Horror Story: Coven Lalaurie
The LaLaurie Mansion, from a 1906 postcard

there is a whole lot of info on LaLaurie (Kathy Bates character) on Wikipedia
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:32 pm

On April 10, 1834, a fire broke out in the LaLaurie residence on Royal Street, starting in the kitchen. When the police and fire marshals got there, they found a seventy-year-old woman, the cook, chained to the stove by her ankle. She later confessed to them that she had set the fire as a suicide attempt for fear of her punishment, being taken to the uppermost room, because she said that anyone who had been taken there never came back. As reported in the New Orleans Bee of April 11, 1834, bystanders responding to the fire attempted to enter the slave quarters to ensure that everyone had been evacuated. Upon being refused the keys by the LaLauries, the bystanders broke down the doors to the slave quarters and found "seven slaves, more or less horribly mutilated ... suspended by the neck, with their limbs apparently stretched and torn from one extremity to the other", who claimed to have been imprisoned there for some months.[14]
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:34 pm

truly evil

When the discovery of the tortured slaves became widely known, a mob of local citizens attacked the LaLaurie residence and "demolished and destroyed everything upon which they could lay their hands".[14] A sheriff and his officers were called upon to disperse the crowd, but by the time the mob left, the Royal Street property had sustained major damage, with "scarcely any thing [remaining] but the walls."[16] The tortured slaves were taken to a local jail, where they were available for public viewing. The New Orleans Bee reported that by April 12 up to 4,000 people had attended to view the tortured slaves "to convince themselves of their sufferings."[16]
The Pittsfield Sun, citing the New Orleans Advertiser and writing several weeks after the evacuation of LaLaurie's slave quarters, claimed that two of the slaves found in the LaLaurie mansion had died since their rescue, and added: "We understand ... that in digging the yard, bodies have been disinterred, and the condemned well [in the grounds of the mansion] having been uncovered, others, particularly that of a child, were found."[17] These claims were repeated by Martineau in her 1838 book Retrospect of Western Travel, where she placed the number of unearthed bodies at two, including the child.[13]
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:34 pm

she was wacky.. New Orleans has a very interesting history, it is a perfect setting for American Horror Story
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 pm

After 1945, stories of the LaLaurie slaves became considerably more explicit. Jeanne deLavigne, writing in Ghost Stories of Old New Orleans (1946), alleged that LaLaurie had a "sadistic appetite [that] seemed never appeased until she had inflicted on one or more of her black servitors some hideous form of torture" and claimed that those who responded to the 1834 fire had found "male slaves, stark naked, chained to the wall, their eyes gouged out, their fingernails pulled off by the roots; others had their joints skinned and festering, great holes in their buttocks where the flesh had been sliced away, their ears hanging by shreds, their lips sewn together ... Intestines were pulled out and knotted around naked waists. There were holes in skulls, where a rough stick had been inserted to stir the brains."[24] DeLavigne did not directly cite any sources for these claims, and they were not supported by the primary sources.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:43 pm

desi wrote:
she was wacky.. New Orleans has a very interesting history, it is a perfect setting for American Horror Story

absolutely. i'd love to go there someday
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Chicago seems to have a pretty horrific past as well...
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:52 pm

the most i know about Chicago's history is from the song "The Night Chicago Died"
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Subsequent to LaLaurie's departure from America, the house remained ruined at least until 1836,[19] but at some point prior to 1888 it was "unrecognisably restored",[28] and over the following decades was used as a public high school, a conservatory of music, a tenement, a refuge for young delinquents, a bar, a furniture store, and a luxury apartment building.[29]
In April 2007, Nicolas Cage bought the LaLaurie House through Hancock Park Real Estate Company LLC for a sum of $3.45 million.[29] The mortgage documents were arranged in such a way that Cage's name did not appear on them.[30] On November 13, 2009 the property, then valued at $3.5 million, was listed for auction as a result of bank foreclosure and purchased by Regions Financial Corporation for $2.3 million

American Horror Story: Coven 581px-1140_Royal_Street
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Oh that Nicholas Cage.. lol he def has a thing for the bizarre and supernatural... New Orleans has more a mysterious supernatural past with all the Voo Doo stuff, also a lot of Vampire Werewolf stuff out of New Orleans...
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:40 am

welp this week's episode (which we finally watched last night) was pretty bleh.  glad Kit killed his disgusting mother. that really disturbed me.  LOVE that Fiona killed that young witch. Fiona can be the only supreme!!! Marie as a slave was pretty cool... and oh dear about the minotaur.  i love the Stevie Nicks girl... she's a bit wacky but i like her floofiness.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:48 pm

I hate how disturbing they have to get. Like it's to the point of uncomfortableness. You don't have be that disturbing to be bold and interesting. It was "meh" for me too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Horror Story: Coven   American Horror Story: Coven Empty

Back to top Go down

American Horror Story: Coven
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next