AFTER LOST

a place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost..

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Red Sox VS Red Birds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:15 pm

I just roll my eyes every time he's at bat. I mean, there's no getting him out. lol.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:16 pm

and having Pujols on the team for so long, i know how frustrating it is to see him walk all the time but a base runner is a base runner.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:22 pm

JJ wrote:
I just roll my eyes every time he's at bat. I mean, there's no getting him out. lol.
he really is locked in, no matter where they throw the ball, he seems to know where it's going to be and hit's it hard.

Been a good series so far , I was hoping for this, though it would be easier on my developing ulcer if the games were a little less stressful
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:23 pm

JJ wrote:
and having Pujols on the team for so long, i know how frustrating it is to see him walk all the time but a base runner is a base runner.
provided the guys behind him can hit, which has been hard to come by on either team really
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:28 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
JJ wrote:
he really is locked in, no matter where they throw the ball, he seems to know where it's going to be and hit's it hard.

Been a good series so far , I was hoping for this, though it would be easier on my developing ulcer if the games were a little less stressful
Tell me about it.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:36 pm

JJ wrote:
Yea, the guys behind him just have to start hitting, I wonder if they would walk him with the bases loaded?

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Ez wrote:
JJ wrote:
Yea, the guys behind him just have to start hitting, I wonder if they would walk him with the bases loaded?
if they are ahead by a run or more, I bet they do lol If they are already behind they pitch to him. Of course that would mean someone else besides pedey would have to hit or get a walk.

i was pissed the other night when they brought Middlebrooks in to pinch hit, instead of getting comfortable, maybe looking at a pitch or two, he hacks at the very first pitch and pops out to center. facepalm 

would you pitch to him, i mean it's as close to a gauranteed hit as you're gonna see in baseball right now.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:45 pm

I wouldn't, but I hope the Cards do.Cool 

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Ez wrote:
I wouldn't, but I hope the Cards do.Cool 
depending on the situation, they may have to, they need everyone else to put them in a position that they don't have a choice but to pitch to him

on a side note, I really really hate mccarver and buck as announcers, they are terrible
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Joe is a home town dude but yes, they both bother me....but i had to suffer through tbs for the first 2 series so i welcomed the change.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:59 pm

JJ wrote:
Joe is a home town dude but yes, they both bother me....but i had to suffer through tbs for the first 2 series so i welcomed the change.
tbs was terrible too, but didn't you have orsillo and eckersly for your games?/

those are two red Sox guys orsillo is decent, eck can be a little too much sometimes, but I like orsillo
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Buck doesn't bother me so much, I wish they had Francona doing the game, I liked him when he was with ESPN.

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Ells needs to start hitting, last night he kept swinging at the first pitch and it was driving me crazy

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Ez wrote:
Ells needs to start hitting, last night he kept swinging at the first pitch and it was driving me crazy
yeah if he can get on base, it changes the whole game, the pitcher, no matter how good molina is ( I keep hearing how good he is at picking runners off, but he hasn't even had to throw one to second yet) the pitcher will have throw from the stretch, and waste energy tossing over to first now and then, it just makes things happen.

I predict a stolen base attempt today from the Red Sox
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:
yeah if he can get on base, it changes the whole game, the pitcher, no matter how good molina is ( I keep hearing how good he is at picking runners off, but he hasn't even had to throw one to second yet) the pitcher will have throw from the stretch, and waste energy tossing over to first now and then, it just makes things happen.

we've played St. Louis more than you and I can tell you - you're not running on Yadi

the man is a beast. especially watch for HIS move to first, behind the runner. Brutal
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:21 pm

blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:

we've played St. Louis more than you and I can tell you - you're not running on Yadi  

the man is a beast.  especially watch for HIS move to first, behind the runner.  Brutal
i heard that, he's kinda good, tongue  I would love to see them try, ellsbury is the one guy i think who could do it
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:

Berry stole a base on Molina last night, he is 29 for 29 to start his career, best start ever! But that is the only SB for the Sox so far this series.

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:37 pm

blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:

the man is a beast.  especially watch for HIS move to first, behind the runner.  Brutal
:x 
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:39 pm

the lineup has changed.

Matt Carpenter, 2B Shane Robinson, CF Matt Holliday, LF Carlos Beltran, RF Yadier Molina, C Matt Adams, 1B David Freese, 3B Pete Kozma, SS Adam Wainwright, RHP
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Ez wrote:
Buck doesn't bother me so much, I wish they had Francona doing the game, I liked him when he was with ESPN.
I did too.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:14 pm

I bow down to big papi.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:58 pm

I'm pretty heartbroken...but it is what it is.

I think we can probably all agree on this anyway...

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:04 am

JJ wrote:
I'm pretty heartbroken...but it is what it is.

I think we can probably all agree on this anyway...

lmao 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 am

JJ wrote:
I bow down to big papi.
i can't believe they pitched to him in the first, then again later in the game, at some point don't you just say fuck it, put him on we'll take our chances with anyone else.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:07 am

It will be another tough game with wacha Pitching tomorrow night, it may go 7, but I like the Sox's chances with 2 to win one at home
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   

Back to top Go down

Red Sox VS Red Birds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next