AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inRed Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyRed Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyRed Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 Empty 
gin (20877)
Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyRed Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyRed Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Red Sox VS Red Birds

Go down 
+3
blondie
Ez
Derek
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ

Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:44 pm

how is it not obstruction if Craig fell on him in his attempt to get the ball? It doesn't have to be intentional, but his attempt to get home was clearly impeded whether or not Middlebrooks meant it or not (which I don't think he did). I do believe the legs kicking up, again probably unintentional, is the biggest thing that made the obstruction call happen and like the umpire said at the end of the game, it was just instinct, he knew it was the right call. If I was a Red Sox fan, I'd be steaming mad too...but I think after reviewing the rule and what happened, I'd realize the right call was made....and game would have been over anyway taking all of that out of play. Does anyone want to win a game like that? No, probably not. Would this be a big deal if it happened in say the 5th inning? Doubtful. But it happened in the bottom of the 9th in a tied game. It is what it is. It happened. End of story. Game 4.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:49 pm

I know we rarely disagree, EZ...but we're gonna have to agree to disagree about this one. I'm sure Vod will be on your side though.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Told you we wouldn't get along this week lol.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:57 pm

I do expect a few calls to go the Sox way tonight just on general principle.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 750674-aptopix-world-series-red-sox-cardinals-baseball
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Sure looks in the way to me..
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:22 pm

He looks like he is in the second base line to me, lol, we will never see this the same way. And I am not saying the Sox would have won if that call wasn't made, the Cards still could have won, but it would have felt a lot better to have a legitimate ending to the game.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:06 pm

C'mon EZ, even AJ Pierzynski said the call was right...(I despise that guy).

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:11 pm

I stand by my opinion, but Im over it, gotta try to tie it up tonight, that is all that matters( I hate AJ too, and he's wrong!!)
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EP-706209891

we dont like the guy either :) lol
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Lol!
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:23 pm

That was effing HUGE!!!
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 pm

Ok, that takes some of the sting of Game 3 away, helluva game, bring on Game 5, this one is gonna finish in Boston!!
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:40 am

eh, last night's game was better. lol2 
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:42 am

seriously, this game knows how to just rip your heart out, eh?
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:15 am

Yea, a couple of crazy endings, I kept invisioning Beltran sending the tying run out of the park, I can't believe he was able to pick off Wong!
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:34 am

JJ wrote:
I know we rarely disagree, EZ...but we're gonna have to agree to disagree about this one. I'm sure Vod will be on your side though.
surprisingly , no, it was obstruction, according to how i understand the rule, it was a judgement call from the ref to either let it go or call it, but if he let it go, then the cards would have been all over him.

tough way to end a game, but it was the right call.

would have been the single most unbelievable double play in world series history if they called him out though.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:42 am

JJ wrote:
seriously, this game knows how to just rip your heart out, eh?
I've chewed my nails down to the second Knuckle and it's only 4 games in!!! scrd scrd 

The sox are killing me with the lack of hitting, their pitching has been more than good enough, and I give alot of credit to the pitchers they have been facing, but c'mon, pedey and ortiz have 12 hits in the world series, the entire rest of the team also has 12 hits. Mad 

you can't expect to hit a game winning hoe run every night....can you??

I still like the sox, i'll take them in a best 2-3 series against the cards, with 2 games at fenway. Looking for another shut down night from lester, though I also suspect wainwright will show up tonite as well

great series, everything you could ask for, suspense, controversy, dramatic plays both on defense and on offense, it's why i love, and also hate baseball.

Bucholz pitched his ass off last night, he is clearly hurt, and used every bit of his ability to pinpoint balls last night.

I don't think he got over 90 MPH all night, but he kept them swinging at shit.

looks like a windy rainy night on thursday if it goes seven, they may be playing november baseball.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:43 am

Ez wrote:
Yea, a couple of crazy endings, I kept invisioning Beltran sending the tying run out of the park, I can't believe he was able to pick off Wong!
he should have never been off the bag that far, no way you are running there.

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:50 am

I expect to face the real Wainwright tonight as well, it's gonna be a great game, If Lester looks like he did in Game 1, then I like the Sox chances. There is nothing like October Baseball, although I think I will have aged 15 yrs by the time this season is finanlly over!
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 am

It's literally killing me watching the sox load the bases with no outs and get 1, or less runs out of it, it's a good thing drew has been playing gold glove shortstop, cuz I really think I could hit better than him.

papi is locked in though, you can't throw him anything near the plate without him getting a hit

The legend grows with every at bat.

Lester will be great tonight!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:29 am

I don't think Papi will see another pitch this series
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:19 am

a local family predicts the WS winner with a baby

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=9302141
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:55 am

Ez wrote:
I don't think Papi will see another pitch this series
Yeah, probably not.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:08 pm

the way he's hitting, it better not be even close to the plate
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:15 pm

I just roll my eyes every time he's at bat. I mean, there's no getting him out. lol.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:16 pm

and having Pujols on the team for so long, i know how frustrating it is to see him walk all the time but a base runner is a base runner.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:22 pm

JJ wrote:
I just roll my eyes every time he's at bat. I mean, there's no getting him out. lol.
he really is locked in, no matter where they throw the ball, he seems to know where it's going to be and hit's it hard.

Been a good series so far , I was hoping for this, though it would be easier on my developing ulcer if the games were a little less stressful
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:23 pm

JJ wrote:
and having Pujols on the team for so long, i know how frustrating it is to see him walk all the time but a base runner is a base runner.
provided the guys behind him can hit, which has been hard to come by on either team really
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:28 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
JJ wrote:
he really is locked in, no matter where they throw the ball, he seems to know where it's going to be and hit's it hard.

Been a good series so far , I was hoping for this, though it would be easier on my developing ulcer if the games were a little less stressful
Tell me about it.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:36 pm

JJ wrote:
Yea, the guys behind him just have to start hitting, I wonder if they would walk him with the bases loaded?
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Ez wrote:
JJ wrote:
Yea, the guys behind him just have to start hitting, I wonder if they would walk him with the bases loaded?
if they are ahead by a run or more, I bet they do lol If they are already behind they pitch to him. Of course that would mean someone else besides pedey would have to hit or get a walk.

i was pissed the other night when they brought Middlebrooks in to pinch hit, instead of getting comfortable, maybe looking at a pitch or two, he hacks at the very first pitch and pops out to center. facepalm 

would you pitch to him, i mean it's as close to a gauranteed hit as you're gonna see in baseball right now.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:45 pm

I wouldn't, but I hope the Cards do.Cool 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Ez wrote:
I wouldn't, but I hope the Cards do.Cool 
depending on the situation, they may have to, they need everyone else to put them in a position that they don't have a choice but to pitch to him

on a side note, I really really hate mccarver and buck as announcers, they are terrible
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Joe is a home town dude but yes, they both bother me....but i had to suffer through tbs for the first 2 series so i welcomed the change.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:59 pm

JJ wrote:
Joe is a home town dude but yes, they both bother me....but i had to suffer through tbs for the first 2 series so i welcomed the change.
tbs was terrible too, but didn't you have orsillo and eckersly for your games?/

those are two red Sox guys orsillo is decent, eck can be a little too much sometimes, but I like orsillo
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Buck doesn't bother me so much, I wish they had Francona doing the game, I liked him when he was with ESPN.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Ells needs to start hitting, last night he kept swinging at the first pitch and it was driving me crazy
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Ez wrote:
Ells needs to start hitting, last night he kept swinging at the first pitch and it was driving me crazy
yeah if he can get on base, it changes the whole game, the pitcher, no matter how good molina is ( I keep hearing how good he is at picking runners off, but he hasn't even had to throw one to second yet) the pitcher will have throw from the stretch, and waste energy tossing over to first now and then, it just makes things happen.

I predict a stolen base attempt today from the Red Sox
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:
yeah if he can get on base, it changes the whole game, the pitcher, no matter how good molina is ( I keep hearing how good he is at picking runners off, but he hasn't even had to throw one to second yet) the pitcher will have throw from the stretch, and waste energy tossing over to first now and then, it just makes things happen.

we've played St. Louis more than you and I can tell you - you're not running on Yadi

the man is a beast. especially watch for HIS move to first, behind the runner. Brutal
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:21 pm

blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:

we've played St. Louis more than you and I can tell you - you're not running on Yadi  

the man is a beast.  especially watch for HIS move to first, behind the runner.  Brutal
i heard that, he's kinda good, tongue  I would love to see them try, ellsbury is the one guy i think who could do it
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:

Berry stole a base on Molina last night, he is 29 for 29 to start his career, best start ever! But that is the only SB for the Sox so far this series.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:37 pm

blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:

the man is a beast.  especially watch for HIS move to first, behind the runner.  Brutal
:x 
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:39 pm

the lineup has changed.

Matt Carpenter, 2B Shane Robinson, CF Matt Holliday, LF Carlos Beltran, RF Yadier Molina, C Matt Adams, 1B David Freese, 3B Pete Kozma, SS Adam Wainwright, RHP
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Ez wrote:
Buck doesn't bother me so much, I wish they had Francona doing the game, I liked him when he was with ESPN.
I did too.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:14 pm

I bow down to big papi.
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:58 pm

I'm pretty heartbroken...but it is what it is.

I think we can probably all agree on this anyway...

Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 1395412_437245573048783_2029168776_n
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:04 am

JJ wrote:
I'm pretty heartbroken...but it is what it is.

I think we can probably all agree on this anyway...

Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 1395412_437245573048783_2029168776_n
lmao 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 am

JJ wrote:
I bow down to big papi.
i can't believe they pitched to him in the first, then again later in the game, at some point don't you just say fuck it, put him on we'll take our chances with anyone else.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:07 am

It will be another tough game with wacha Pitching tomorrow night, it may go 7, but I like the Sox's chances with 2 to win one at home
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Sox VS Red Birds   Red Sox VS Red Birds - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Sox VS Red Birds
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: MLB Happenings-
Jump to: