AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Trading Season

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Sonofabitch, The Stankees got McCann 36 

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:06 pm

He's going to love hitting there

He killed us no matter where we played him. Good riddance
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:08 am

@Ez wrote:
Sonofabitch, The Stankees got McCann 36 
not to worry Cool , we got ......Burke Badenhop??? dunno 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:10 am

@JJ wrote:
and yeah, we probably can't afford drew.
you could have afforded drew, since you just paid peralta 4 years and 52 million, I can't see drew signing for that, and he's a much much better fielder than Jhonny
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:11 am

and see, it doesn't matter what your past history is, if they need a player they sign him, it didn't matter in the least to the cards that he used PED s and was suspended.

i say they would take Puig in a second if the deal helped their team.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:59 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
and see, it doesn't matter what your past history is, if they need a player they sign him, it didn't matter in the least to the cards that he used PED s and was suspended.

i say they would take Puig in a second if the deal helped their team.

we're going to run out of "clean" players soon

there's several on the market this season with issues

hell, we've signed 2 (Ruiz was suspended for Adderall last year, Byrd was suspended for something the year before). We still have a third guy who was suspended for the BioGenensis yet! (Bastardo)
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:04 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@JJ wrote:
and yeah, we probably can't afford drew.
you could have afforded drew, since you just paid peralta 4 years and 52 million, I can't see drew signing for that, and he's a much much better fielder than Jhonny
we would of had to give up a draft pick for him, so I'm told. I'm Pissed. really, really mad about the signing of paralta
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:24 am

@JJ wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@JJ wrote:
and yeah, we probably can't afford drew.
you could have afforded drew, since you just paid peralta 4 years and 52 million, I can't see drew signing for that, and he's a much much better fielder than Jhonny
we would of had to give up a draft pick for him, so I'm told. I'm Pissed. really, really mad about the signing of paralta
you would have, but still i would much rather have drew playing shortstop over perralta ( i wonder if any of us have spelled his name right?)
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:51 am

no idea. lol...I'm on my phone, I never care to spell check. I wanted drew. I'm very upset.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:39 am

Red Sox sign A.J. piersynski

Not sure about this move, hopefully they are confident in the catchers in the minors, as they now have a 35 and a 37 year old catcher.

Looks like salty is gone
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:01 am

how long did you sign him for? if it's just a year or two - i think he'd be a decent pick up..he's a vet..scrappy..and will fit in on the red sox pretty well imo...but def not a long term option
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:03 am

from what I am reading it's a one year deal, which is in line with what the sox are doing right now.


Salty will end up in Minnesota I think, the marlins offered him a deal I read, but who would want to go there and play
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:06 am

yea a one year Perziensky deal isn't too bad...

i dont even know what the cubs are doing..havent paid any attention lol..i think were trying to trade our best pitchers again right now for "players to be named" and "prospects" that we will never see...woo
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 am

the Nats got Fister from the Tigers.

yay :|

at least he's not a lefty
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:58 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
Red Sox sign A.J. piersynski

Not sure about this move, hopefully they are confident in the catchers in the minors, as they now have a 35 and a 37 year old catcher.

Looks like salty is gone
I hate this move, mainly because I hate HIM!36 

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:04 pm

@Ez wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
Red Sox sign A.J. piersynski

Not sure about this move, hopefully they are confident in the catchers in the minors, as they now have a 35 and a 37 year old catcher.

Looks like salty is gone
I hate this move, mainly because I hate HIM!36 
I think they will be pushing one of the young'ens next year to get to the bigs, they keep saying they need another year in the minors, but my guess is one of them is up here by the all-star break, learning from the two veterans

Honestly i would have preferred they sign salty to a 3 year deal, and if the other guys were ready, he could have been traded, it's not like he's was gonna make 20 mil a year.

if they signed him to 3 years, 8-9 million a year, they could have kept him.

i think the reason his offense tailed off last year is because ross was hurt and he had to catch 120 games, instead of the 90-100 they originally planned on.



I'm not fond of AJ either, hopefully the rest of the clubhouse can keep him in check
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:05 pm

The good news about Salty going to Miami is he'll be traded by the deadline next season. If things don't work out with AJ, you could trade for him again. tongue
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Was that you Derek? Nice throw! Cool 

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:44 pm

haha ....cubs fans cant even throw home run balls back without major disaster... lol
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:32 pm

LMAO

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Ellsbury is a Effing Traitor, 7 yrs 142 million with the Stankees, boo this man! 36 

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire


Last edited by Ez on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:00 pm

cry  thats terrible...i hate the yankees!.....id never join them like that...id stick with a true team for a bit less money..
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Just like Johnny Effing Damon, good riddance.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:07 pm

I can't get any emoticons to work, damnit

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:26 pm

what kind of contract does yadier molina have jj?
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:40 am

@Ez wrote:
Ellsbury is a Effing Traitor, 7 yrs 142 million with the Stankees, boo this man! 36 
I didn't think they would sign him, and there is another ridiculous contract that will be a waste of money and hurt them in 3 years, he isn't worth 20+ million a year and certainly not for 7 years.

The sox will survive, they now have a centerfielder who is ,at this point, 75% of ellsbury, for about 2% of the cost.

I imagine he will get booed at Fenway

I wonder who will sign cano, Texas?? Seattle?
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:09 am

so many moves yesterday

on a much smaller scale we traded our backup catcher for a pitcher, signed another backup catcher


The Yanks are not going under the luxury threshold anytime soon. They'll be in trouble if the league doesn't get rid of ARod for them.

Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Ez wrote:
Ellsbury is a Effing Traitor, 7 yrs 142 million with the Stankees, boo this man! 36 
I didn't think they would sign him, and there is another ridiculous contract that will be a waste of money and hurt them in 3 years, he isn't worth 20+ million a year and certainly not for 7 years.

  The sox will survive, they now have a centerfielder who is ,at this point, 75% of ellsbury, for about 2% of the cost.

I imagine he will get booed at Fenway

I wonder who will sign cano, Texas?? Seattle?
I bet the Yankees still sign him.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:17 am

@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Ez wrote:
Ellsbury is a Effing Traitor, 7 yrs 142 million with the Stankees, boo this man! 36 
I didn't think they would sign him, and there is another ridiculous contract that will be a waste of money and hurt them in 3 years, he isn't worth 20+ million a year and certainly not for 7 years.

  The sox will survive, they now have a centerfielder who is ,at this point, 75% of ellsbury, for about 2% of the cost.

I imagine he will get booed at Fenway

I wonder who will sign cano, Texas?? Seattle?
I bet the Yankees still sign him.  
yeah they probably will, this may have been a move just to give them a stronger position to deal from.

They are the only ones dumb enough to give him 7-8 years and over 200 million....well besides maybe the Dodgers but they won't do that.

If they do it will be fn to watch them in a few more years complaining about how much money they are paying for players that aren't performin, as in a couple of years they will still be paying for Arod, texeira, and Cc on top of Mcann, ellsbury and cano if he re-signs
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 am

while I'd love to see those players in red pinstripes, I'm glad we're not signing them. Those big contracts really limit what you can do later. And we have seen first hand that signing an older player at that rate can criple you if he can't play (Howard).

I'm not complaining about signing Hamels or even Lee - those two can earn their keep if the offense can support them a little.

I do find it exciting to watch the younger guys come up and play though.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:35 am

@blondie wrote:
while I'd love to see those players in red pinstripes, I'm glad we're not signing them.  Those big contracts really limit what you can do later.  And we have seen first hand that signing an older player at that rate can criple you if he can't play (Howard).

I'm not complaining about signing Hamels or even Lee - those two can earn their keep if the offense can support them a little.

I do find it exciting to watch the younger guys come up and play though.  
if the teams do it right, which the Red Sox are trying to do, you keep your prospects, plug in a free agent or two and keep the contracts shorter, even if you over pay.

I would have had no problem with the Sox payin ells 20 million a year for 5 years max, it's the 7-8 year contracts that can ruin a team and they become nearly untradeable after you sign them
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:44 am

I imagine Ells will be cheered the first time he is introduced, and booed everytime afterwards, The Yanks way overpaid for a player who will spend the majority of his time on the D.L.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:59 am

@Ez wrote:
I imagine Ells will be cheered the first time he is introduced, and booed everytime afterwards, The Yanks way overpaid for a player who will spend the majority of his time on the D.L.
maybe, maybe not as far as the DL, but they overpaid and extended it for too many years, he's a15-18 million a year guy.

also the Yankees really don't have much of a pitching staff at the moment, i am sure they will sign someone, but there really aren't any big name top of the rotation guys out there to pick from, so they will have to trade even more of whatever prospects they have left to try and pick somebody up.

The sox pitching is strong, and they have plenty of young players in the minors, including pitchers to be competitive for the next few years.


I would like to see what JBJr has to offer, he was under a to of pressure to keep up his otherworldly spring training last season
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:07 am

I think the Sox will be fine, I do wish they would have kept Salty, hopefully they can resign Napoli

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 am

Also, Ells will be 31 when the season starts, he has 1, maybe 2 more elite seasons left in him I think

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:12 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
while I'd love to see those players in red pinstripes, I'm glad we're not signing them.  Those big contracts really limit what you can do later.  And we have seen first hand that signing an older player at that rate can criple you if he can't play (Howard).

I'm not complaining about signing Hamels or even Lee - those two can earn their keep if the offense can support them a little.

I do find it exciting to watch the younger guys come up and play though.  
if the teams do it right, which the Red Sox are trying to do, you keep your prospects, plug in a free agent or two and keep the contracts shorter, even if you over pay.

I would have had no problem with the Sox payin ells 20 million a year for 5 years max, it's the 7-8 year contracts that can ruin a team and they become nearly untradeable after you sign them

we have a couple more losing seasons to go before we have any good prospects again.

Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:56 pm


_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:58 pm

lol2

hair

Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:24 pm

55 
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:28 pm

sounds like Seattle is making a run at Cano

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:08 am

@blondie wrote:
sounds like Seattle is making a run at Cano


done

$240 million for 10 years

I'm sure it'll work out for them

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:21 am

@blondie wrote:
@blondie wrote:
sounds like Seattle is making a run at Cano

done

$240 million for 10 years

I'm sure it'll work out for them

55 lol4 lol lmao 
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:26 am

If you were going to wildly overpay for someone, i would have paid cano before i paid ellsbury, just seems stupid that the gave ells 153 million ( which is wildly overpaying for him) but cano, clearly a better overall player than ells, with no injury past and a homegrown talent only was offered 170 million. ? 


on the plus side, now on top of at least 2 frontline pitchers and an entire bullpen, the yankees need a second baseman who can carry the team with HR's and hits while playing stellar defense.


Good luck with that Stankees
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:28 am

Cano is 31 years old

He's going to be a $24 mil/year DH

How much does Papi make as a DH?
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:29 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
If you were going to wildly overpay for someone, i would have paid cano before i paid ellsbury, just seems stupid that the gave ells 153 million ( which is wildly overpaying for him) but cano, clearly a better overall player than ells, with no injury past and a homegrown talent only was offered 170 million. ? 


on the plus side, now on top of at least 2 frontline pitchers and an entire bullpen, the yankees need a second baseman who can carry the team with HR's and hits while playing stellar defense.


 Good luck with that Stankees
they will probably need a 3B as well, you know they're hoping to be done with Arod.
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:41 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
@blondie wrote:
sounds like Seattle is making a run at Cano

done

$240 million for 10 years

I'm sure it'll work out for them

55 lol4 lol lmao 
so dumb..when are clubs going to learn that the big years and big money thing never works out...especially for someone over 30 already...id never sign anyone to longer than 5 years...if they are over 30 id offer a lot of 3 year options with potential for a 4th and 5th year according to their performance...they could have got a few scrappy young players for less time to improve in different areas...wtf..this makes no sense..look how pujols is working out for the angels...and how soriano held us down forever...f that
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:44 am

@blondie wrote:
Cano is 31 years old

He's going to be a $24 mil/year DH

How much does Papi make as a DH?  
12 or 13 million, and he is the best DH ever.

I hope they extend his contract for another year or two, i don't care if he is 38, all he has done for the last 11 years is get up hit the ball, and go sit back down, he can do that when he's 40, let's see cano play second, when he's 40, or ells steal 50 bases when he's 38, never happen.

the reason papi can still hit is because it's all he does, the rigors of playing the field haven't aged his body
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:45 pm

I think Papi will be the first DH in the HOF

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Trading Season   

Back to top Go down
 
Trading Season
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: MLB Happenings-
Jump to: