AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in"The Americans" on FX TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
"The Americans" on FX Empty"The Americans" on FX Empty"The Americans" on FX Empty 
gin (20877)
"The Americans" on FX Empty"The Americans" on FX Empty"The Americans" on FX Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

"The Americans" on FX

Go down 
+6
Iggy
iwantmycrayons
blondie
gin
Ez
t5000
10 posters
AuthorMessage
t5000

t5000

"The Americans" on FX Empty
PostSubject: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Here is a new show, I just found out about, S-1 is out on dvd, and S-2 will start
Feb 26 on FX .
It is very well done and a unique topic.
I have only seen the 1st 2 but they were compelling to watch.
serious drama based on history, with a lot of suspense.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2149175/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"The Americans" on FX MV5BMjIzNTEzMDY3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI5NDI5OA@@._V1_SX214_
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Yea it's a great show, I watch it. I like just about all the shows on FX.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:46 pm

yes! i loooove this show. i cant wait for season 2. i am NOT a fan of politics but the story is very compelling - i agree.
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 8:09 am

I'm going to try to pick it back up. I watched most of S1 but towards epi 8 or so it was losing me. The promos for this season with the kid nosing around them looks pretty good.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 12:38 pm

we had piled up a whole season and binge watched it in the summer. I prefer watching tv that way  lol2
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:09 pm

I do that sometimes. Mostly with re-runs though. Like Dexter. I'd like to do a True Blood marathon too since I've only seen them once.

Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:04 pm

have you seen Breaking Bad yet? you should DEF binge watch that. holy crap. everyone I talk to who has been binge watching are watching all 6 seasons In a week lol cause its THAT good
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:39 pm

not yet, but I will eventually. I'll need to get netflix or something
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 7:07 pm

couchtuner.com

hook up an hdmi cord to your tv and laptop and done!
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Watch Firefly Gin! 36 
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:30 am

I tried EZ! we hated it  blush 

we did like Justified and Ray Donovan though - so those are still an option!
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:38 am

gin wrote:
have you seen Breaking Bad yet? you should DEF binge watch that. holy crap. everyone I talk to who has been binge watching are watching all 6 seasons In a week lol cause its THAT good
my wife's niece and her boyfriend have 5 seasons on disc, they are about halfway through, and have promised to get them to me when they are finished. We bought them 3,4 and 5 for christmas

funny how the show seems to be even more popular now that it is ended than it was when it was on.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 12:42 pm

definitely! I think we all just sort of said - hmmm well I wonder what all the fuss is aboat.  stache 

certainly no one I know told me to watch it  ?
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:00 pm

gin wrote:
definitely! I think we all just sort of said - hmmm well I wonder what all the fuss is aboat.  stache 

certainly no one I know told me to watch it  ?
yeah if only someone had bothered to let us know what a good show it is and that we should watch it, we would have been ahead of the game
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:23 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:54 pm

T   hai  in pm you mentioned you were on episode 10... how many are left for you? you'll have to remind us how the last episode went cause i cant remember lol  blush 

you also mentioned how you werent sure who we were rooting for - lol it's funny cause there have been a few shows like that lately. Breaking bad and Dexter for example. 

Blondie used the world "Anti-Hero" a while back and that fit the description perfectly i thought  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:26 pm

yay For dexter
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 10:58 pm

I adore this show, it comes on at 11 so I have to watch the next day.

Firefly, is awesome, I watched it a about a month or so, on Netflix. River is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 10:04 am

i missed the first season...(seems i always miss the first season of everything lol) the previews and what ive seen so far look very interesting :) another binge watch coming i can see...
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
t5000

t5000

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:11 am

I guess I forgot to come back , I finished S-1 and it was very good, looking forward to S-2.
Back to top Go down
t5000

t5000

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:14 am

Iggy wrote:
I adore this show,  it comes on at 11 so I have to watch the next day.  

Firefly, is awesome,  I watched it a about a month or so, on Netflix.   River is awesome.

Well then next step is serenity, the movie made to wrap up the series.
River was played by summer glau, who played the protector terminator
in Terminator tv show. A similar role like river, you might like that too.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:29 am

Iggy wrote:

Firefly, is awesome,  I watched it a about a month or so, on Netflix.   River is awesome.

Yay Iggy, Someone else has finally watched it!! Did you watch the movie Serenity as well?
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 11:59 pm

Yes, I did watch Serenity, which is why River is awesome.  Very Happy  There is a documentary about Firefly and Serenity on Netflix, I have not watched that yet.

Summer was/is on the show Arrow, she is a ruthless cooperate person. I did not recognize her at all. I loved Rivers innocence. And her fear of the preachers hair. lol.

If I could have one question answered about Firefly, is how the hell, did Shepard Book, know so much about weapons and fighting. In the last eppie of Firefly, that sociopath bounty hunter, told Simon, that Book was not a Shepard.
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:02 am

t5000 wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Well then next step is serenity, the movie made to wrap up the series.
River  was played by summer glau, who played the protector terminator
in Terminator tv show.  A similar role like river, you might like that too.
I might like that show. Is it available on Netflix?

Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 pm

So, what did you all think of last nights eppie?
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:10 am

Iggy wrote:
Yes, I did watch Serenity, which is why  River is awesome.    Very Happy  There is a documentary about Firefly and Serenity on Netflix,  I have not watched that yet.  

Summer was/is on the show Arrow,  she is a ruthless cooperate person.  I did not recognize her at all.  I loved Rivers innocence.   And her fear of the preachers hair.  lol.  

If I could have one question answered about Firefly, is how the hell, did Shepard Book, know so much about weapons and fighting.  In the last eppie of Firefly, that sociopath bounty hunter, told Simon, that Book was not a Shepard.    

There is a graphic novel that goes into Books past, it's worth reading, very interesting story.
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Cool,I have seen that, but did not know if it was worth the read.

Summer, was also on Dollhouse, along with the guy who played Wash. Dollhouse, is another Joss W. production.

I liked last weeks eppie, they are both much more paranoid, and their nosey daughter, is going stumble onto something.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:07 am

It was a good ep, seems like it will be a good season
Back to top Go down
Iggy

Iggy

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:15 am

I was able to watch today. I liked it. Next weeks eppie, looks intense.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 4:08 pm

i love this show.
I like to have a few stock piled to watch together. Page is getting a little too curious and a lot bitchy!
when Stan told Phillip about the affair with a coworker - I thought hmm Phillip might be concerned about Martha -but I guess he'd already known about Nina.
Back to top Go down
stuntdog

stuntdog

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 9:24 am

Absolutely heart2 this show. Consistently one (if not) the best shows on TV last few years. And it all comes down to this season! eee
Back to top Go down
stuntdog

stuntdog

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 10:31 am

What a start to the final season! This show always uses music so well. Actually played whole song over interwoven scenes brilliantly! Then part of another Fleetwood Mac (pilot shoutout) tune. The best show on TV is back and looks like it's going out with a bang! yay
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyThu May 10, 2018 2:40 am

This season has been yet another slow burn but it picked up some steam last night.
Back to top Go down
stuntdog

stuntdog

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyThu May 17, 2018 12:23 pm

The last two episodes were krazy! Can't believe there's only two left in the series! Also why the frak are there only 10 episodes this season? All the previous seasons were 13? 36
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyThu May 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Two more eps and we're done huh.

Predictions.

Phillip dies by Stan's hand.
Paige kills Stan and frames him as a mole. The she is whisked off to Russia for more spy training and probably some rape.
Elizabeth kills Claudia, then goes into hiding.
Henry takes over the business.
Back to top Go down
WDGovernor

WDGovernor

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyTue May 22, 2018 6:35 pm

I'm both looking forward to tomorrow's episode and dreading the The Americans ending as a series.

Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:04 am

Intense episode. I'd sure love a spin off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Americans" on FX   "The Americans" on FX Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Americans" on FX
Page 1 of 1