AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 NFL 2014

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:14 pm

@blondie wrote:
So now Adrian Peterson has been indicted on child endangerment.  Couldn't have picked a better time.  
from what I have heard, it is a pretty bad situation too, I don't have a problem with parents using corporal punishment, frankly not enough of them do as far as I am concerned, but leaving welts on a 4 year old that are visible a week later, stuffing leaves in the kid's mouth, having a separate room in your house for punishment??/

I think he may have taken it a bit far. facepalm
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:44 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
So now Adrian Peterson has been indicted on child endangerment.  Couldn't have picked a better time.  
from what I have heard, it is a pretty bad situation too, I don't have a problem with parents using corporal punishment, frankly not enough of them do as far as I am concerned, but  leaving welts on a 4 year old that are visible a week later, stuffing leaves in the kid's mouth, having a separate room in your house for punishment??/

I think he may have taken it a bit far. facepalm

the pictures were pretty brutal - that's not normal punishment

for a 4 year old you should just give a smack on the ass with your hand
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:45 pm

I guess now we'll see who's more important to the NFL - women or children? Who's abuse deserves more punishment?
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:41 pm

@blondie wrote:
I guess now we'll see who's more important to the NFL - women or children?  Who's abuse deserves more punishment?  
wasn't the best week for the shield last week, that's for sure.

the part that bothers me is Peterson doesn't seem to think he did anything wrong.


he has a right to discipline his kids, but he went way past that as far as I'm concerned, and from what i heard it was over something pretty small to begin with.



Just wait until the rest of his kids tell someone what he has done to them.


he should be toast, but he is a whole different story than Rice, he's a major star, and MVP, and a "face" of the league.

Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:54 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
I guess now we'll see who's more important to the NFL - women or children?  Who's abuse deserves more punishment?  
wasn't the best week for the shield last week, that's for sure.

 the part that bothers me is Peterson doesn't seem to think he did anything wrong.


 he has a right to discipline his kids, but he went way past that as far as I'm concerned, and from what i heard it was over something pretty small to begin with.



Just wait until the rest of his kids tell someone what he has done to them.


he should be toast, but he is a whole different story than Rice, he's a major star, and MVP, and a "face" of the league.



that shouldn't matter

but I did see that he's already been reinstated

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:11 pm

@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
I guess now we'll see who's more important to the NFL - women or children?  Who's abuse deserves more punishment?  
wasn't the best week for the shield last week, that's for sure.

 the part that bothers me is Peterson doesn't seem to think he did anything wrong.


 he has a right to discipline his kids, but he went way past that as far as I'm concerned, and from what i heard it was over something pretty small to begin with.



Just wait until the rest of his kids tell someone what he has done to them.


he should be toast, but he is a whole different story than Rice, he's a major star, and MVP, and a "face" of the league.



that shouldn't matter

but I did see that he's already been reinstated

the team is gonna make the league make a decision, which they haven't been really good at.

like I said, if he was a third string RB, they wouldn't have reinstated him so fast, they would have waited until the league told them what to do.

Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:57 pm

I have to give the Vikings kudos for deactivating him anyway without the league saying anything.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:13 am

@Ez wrote:
I have to give the Vikings kudos for deactivating him anyway without the league saying anything.
yeah but then they reinstated him, even after he admitted to hitting the kid and drawing blood.

They have had 2 other players involved in domestic violence, one was suspended for 10 games, until he was found innocent, the other was released. I think they may ultimately suspend him again, they have lost radison hotels as a sponsor, and I suspect that more will follow. They will be pushed financially until they do something.


Like I said, i don't have a problem with corporal punishment, but he went way too far, the kid was 4, and a couple swats on his ass with an open hand would have been more effective than whipping him til he bleeds.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:25 am

I agree, they shouldn't have reinstated him, they have already lost a sponsor, I think if anymore sponsors pull out they will suspend him

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:35 am

@Ez wrote:
I agree, they shouldn't have reinstated him, they have already lost a sponsor, I think if anymore sponsors pull out they will suspend him
money is the only language people like that understand.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:37 am

It's awful but true

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:43 am

2-0
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:10 pm

I have Foles as my fantasy QB, he was awesome last night!

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:35 pm

I thought he was lacking - he normally connects on more long throws than he did.

But he did move them downfield in a hurry when he had to.

I like him.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:26 pm

He got me 32 points, i'll take it. Cool

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:38 pm

He's good for that.

Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:40 pm

I think Sproles may be the biggest FA Pickup this season, The Eagles are more dangerous with him than they ever were with Desean Jackson, he has a better attitude too.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:42 pm

without him we'd be 0-2

Desean is hurt already and questionable for next week.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:31 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Ez wrote:
I have to give the Vikings kudos for deactivating him anyway without the league saying anything.
yeah but then they reinstated him, even after he admitted to hitting the kid and drawing blood.

They have had 2 other players involved in domestic violence, one was suspended for 10 games, until he was found innocent, the other was released.   I think they may ultimately suspend him again, they have lost radison hotels as a sponsor, and I suspect that more will follow.  They will be pushed financially until they do something.


Like I said, i don't have a problem with corporal punishment,  but he went way too far, the kid was 4, and a couple swats on his ass with an open hand would have been more effective than whipping him til he bleeds.
Told ya what would happen
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:50 am

Yea, they would have looked better if they never reinstated him, now it looks completely financially motivated.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:01 am

@Ez wrote:
Yea, they would have looked better if they never reinstated him, now it looks completely financially motivated.
anyone who thought it wasn't had blinders on.
reinstating him was financially motivated, he is their best offensive player, a former MVP, he would have never been reinstated if he was schlub
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:18 am

I have a feeling it's not over yet, sponsor's are getting fed up with the lack of action on the NFL ' S part and the entitled thugs er players who think they can do what ever they want to

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:33 am

Goodell is toast, he will be resigning very soon I bet. The owners will want to make a clear statement to the sponsors that they are working on solutions.


He should have been suspended the minute this story came out.

Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:42 am

you have to wonder how many more stories are going to break

Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:48 am

I don't think this story is going away anytime soon

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7697
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:49 pm

this kind of crap has been going on for years
its not without reason that its been called the National Felony League by many

i find it amusing that some in the NHL office are trying to get fighting completely out of our game so
it will appeal more to American viewers

who are these Americans that will tolerate thugs in the NFL (present company excluded) but find
two guys going toe to toe on the ice offensive

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:44 pm

I think there should be more fighting in Hockey I don't think there is enough.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:27 pm

I thought people only watched hockey for the fights
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7697
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:53 pm

the old joke is ..." I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out"


2 things bring fans to their feet a break away and a fight

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Roger Goodell at today's news conference:


_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:51 pm

@Ez wrote:
Roger Goodell at today's news conference:

lmao
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:38 pm

3-0 Cool
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:04 pm

1-2 facepalm

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:24 pm

We had a benches clearing brawl leg
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:06 pm

I saw lol

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:34 pm

6000 penalties in the first half but the one play without a flag ended with two players leaving the game. Maclin was sandwiched between two cardinals players: helmet to helmet to helmet. Maclin is bleeding from his ear.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:19 am

for Clarke - Meeps is the one who was asking the question on Facebook and I though you'd appreciate the first comment


[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:49 am

he's a ruiner
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:17 am

He better never go to a Packers game

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:49 am

or an Eagles game

we have enough injuries to deal with
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:47 am

Your pride will be injured Sunday at Lambeau field

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:55 am

that remains to be seen
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:34 pm

@Ez wrote:
Your pride will be injured Sunday at Lambeau field
chances are the eagles have a better defense than chicago does.....a bunch of 90 year olds with walkers would have done a better job than da bear's secondary yesterday tongue
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7697
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:51 pm

Utah is looking for some 90 year olds in walkers today, because they can hold their balls longer

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:02 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Ez wrote:
Your pride will be injured Sunday at Lambeau field
chances are the eagles have a better defense than chicago does.....a bunch of 90 year olds with walkers would have done a better job than da bear's secondary yesterday tongue

The Packers are averaging 40 points a game at home this season, regardless of the Defense. I would be more worried about the Eagles if Foles was healthy, but I will take Mark Sanchez all day, the Eagles were Super Bowl Contenders with Foles, I don't think they make the playoffs without him.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Foles wasn't putting up dynamite numbers - too many interceptions - they'd be undefeated if he was as good as he was last season.

I really don't know much about Sanchez - as far as prior playing. He's done well in limited time this season. Our offensive line is almost put back together - if they can give him a chance to throw the ball and/or give McCoy room they should be ok

We should make the playoffs anyway. Our only competition in the division is Dallas and we should handle them just fine.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Google Mark Sanchez with the JETS, he was AWFUL!

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Only a couple of hours until we get a preview. Hopefully a year off will have done him some good.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Speaking of the Jets - Michael Vick strikes again. I'm glad they took down the Steelers. I still can't stand Rothlesburger.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:35 am

And victory cheesesteaks were had by all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NFL 2014   

Back to top Go down
 
NFL 2014
Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: NFL Happenings-
Jump to: