AFTER LOST

a place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost..
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Leftovers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20436
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:40 pm

you're right. I've raged just lying in my bed watching them - imagine seeing them stare at you while you do your groceries? I'd lose it. and I'm a fairly calm person!
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:58 pm

its weird because I like the show but I can't stand any of the characters  smilingnerd 
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20436
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:22 pm

really?? lol I like the Cop... I like the psycho chick they just did a show on
how cool was it that that big black dude was able to make her feel better! I wonder what he "is"?
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:09 pm

well maybe "can't stand" is a little strong

they irritate me - the cop is drinking and driving; his daughter and her friend annoy me

if I knew any of them in person I think I would constantly look at them like  36 
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21239
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:45 pm

I've stopped watching, haven't decided if I'll pick it back up or not... im pretty content watching my Buffy and X-Files on Netflix...

I wonder if they get royalties for their show being on Netflix..

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20436
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:35 pm

last episode was pretty good. only 2 left I think

I was pleased the smokers were explained a bit more. I kind of understand what they are doing now... kinda...  judgy1 

looks like Memorial Day will be an event to remember  tv
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:29 am

I have no idea what they're doing  dunno  Planning their own "suicides by murder"? Getting ready to dress up sandbags in the deceased clothes? Nope, not a clue.



I do know that I'd be living in a constant homicidal rage with those people around.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12872
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:41 am

blondie wrote:
I have no idea what they're doing  dunno   Planning their own "suicides by murder"?  Getting ready to dress up sandbags in the deceased clothes?  Nope, not a clue.



I do know that I'd be living in a constant homicidal rage with those people around.
I'm close to that just about everyday anyway  tongue 
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 am

somedays I am too  leg 
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20436
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 am

oh I know - there would be no tolerance of these people - you mentioned that a week or two ago and I cant get that out of my mind. they'd be violently attacked all the time - and not just by thugs - by soccer moms.  hell if anyone broke into my house or stalked me and my kids - eff that...


sandbags! hmm maybe that's they were!
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:00 am

gin wrote:
oh I know - there would be no tolerance of these people - you mentioned that a week or two ago and I cant get that out of my mind. they'd be violently attacked all the time - and not just by thugs - by soccer moms.  hell if anyone broke into my house or stalked me and my kids - eff that...


sandbags! hmm maybe that's they were!


yeah, after the pictures were stolen I said that

every episode I watch I just get so angry (probably irrationally so considering its a TV show).

looked like sandbags to me - what else could they be? they reminded me of the fake infants they make you carry around in health class to see if you are cut out to keep a kid alive
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20436
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:24 pm

I didn't think about sandbags... I don't think it's bodies... and they didn't pay a whole lot for it to be bodies.. but sand might be... although that would be dam heavy to carry ... what about pigs?  sheep?
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:00 pm

dead ones? the smell.......

although sandbags do seem a little benign to have delivered in a u haul and paid for with a wad of cash
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20436
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:19 pm

they were pretty sealed - they could have been embalmed sheep or pigs - or drained of everything... i dunno  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:22 pm

I guess we'll see

those people are really sick
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:11 pm

Great episode. It explained some of them well.

The brother/sister though.... They were weird together.
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 pm

I liked that episode a lot. What's the deal with the brother and that guy (the house he went to)? Is that his real dad?
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:15 pm

I think so.  I'm pretty sure they established a step relationship in the beginning.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21239
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:27 pm

so should I bother catching up on this show? is it getting good?

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:30 pm

This was a flashback of where they were when the departure happened and it tied some of the story lines together.  It makes more sense now.  The previews look good too.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:32 pm

I think I watched  half of it with my jaw dropped.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20436
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:50 am

I loved that episode. that really helped put some things together.

JJ - ya that was his real dad. looks like cop dad came into the picture when he was really little, had a baby with the mom - so the kids are step brother/sister.

agreed - the brother and sister were really weird... I think they were just trying to show us how happy and 'normal' everything was...

the saddest was the mom of the 2 kids and her husband. I cant remember her name. 

really neat about the baby... I really like this show - it can be just so weird sometimes! but I AM intrigued and want to see what happens next.



PS: did anyone notice how tight the cop's jogging pants were? leg
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:32 am

gin wrote:
I loved that episode. that really helped put some things together.

JJ - ya that was his real dad. looks like cop dad came into the picture when he was really little, had a baby with the mom - so the kids are step brother/sister.

agreed - the brother and sister were really weird... I think they were just trying to show us how happy and 'normal' everything was...

the saddest was the mom of the 2 kids and her husband. I cant remember her name. 

really neat about the baby... I really like this show - it can be just so weird sometimes! but I AM intrigued and want to see what happens next.



PS: did anyone notice how tight the cop's jogging pants were? leg


they remind me of that brother/sister on Friends (the Yeti that Rachel was trying to date). bath time, tickle fights gross
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:33 am

yeah the mom - her last interaction with her family was a typical morning rush yelling at them
no wonder she's wracked with guilt
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20436
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:47 am

blondie wrote:
gin wrote:
I loved that episode. that really helped put some things together.

JJ - ya that was his real dad. looks like cop dad came into the picture when he was really little, had a baby with the mom - so the kids are step brother/sister.

agreed - the brother and sister were really weird... I think they were just trying to show us how happy and 'normal' everything was...

the saddest was the mom of the 2 kids and her husband. I cant remember her name. 

really neat about the baby... I really like this show - it can be just so weird sometimes! but I AM intrigued and want to see what happens next.



PS: did anyone notice how tight the cop's jogging pants were? leg


they remind me of that brother/sister on Friends (the Yeti that Rachel was trying to date).  bath time, tickle fights gross

 

ahahaa lmao lmao lmao   yes!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   

Back to top Go down
 
The Leftovers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Leftovers
» Leftovers from 8 Impala part-outs...lots of good stuff left!
» The Leftovers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV & Movies :: General TV Discussions-
Jump to: