AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Leftovers - Page 2 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThe Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThe Leftovers - Page 2 Empty 
gin (20877)
The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThe Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThe Leftovers - Page 2 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

The Leftovers

Go down 
+3
desi
blondie
gin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gin
Admin
gin

The Leftovers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 10:48 am

blondie wrote:
yeah the mom - her last interaction with her family  was a typical morning rush yelling at them
no wonder she's wracked with guilt

so sad.  the hubs seemed like a jackass though.
course cop dad is effed up. wonder why he was so unhappy
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 am

I can see why Lori is with the GR - having a fetus disappear from your belly and all that after the freaky things Red was saying to her in therapy.

I hope the finale doesn't let me down.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 12:09 pm

is next week the end?

I'm excited about the show now. 

ya Lori's dealing with a cheating husband (if she knows) a disappearing fetus, and a patient who's predictions came true - well ya ... I mean - I still don't truly GET the smokers but a cult - sure
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 1:16 pm

the last epi is in 2 weeks - shipping over the holiday weekend
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 2:05 pm

well looks like I have the office to myself this afternoon.. gunna watch a couple episodes of this, you guys have me intrigued now

The wind blew with a new purpose.

The destruction of a fabrication that once held all the answers.

It destroyed them; swallowed them whole.

Passed through the digestive system of a monster named truth.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:24 pm

I did like it before ( even though it pissed me off) but I do have a new perspective on it now.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:50 pm

omg I almost vomited during the rock throwing scene where they killed the one lady.. I had to look away

The wind blew with a new purpose.

The destruction of a fabrication that once held all the answers.

It destroyed them; swallowed them whole.

Passed through the digestive system of a monster named truth.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 7:17 pm

That was brutal
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 8:24 pm

ya that was hard to watch and i dont get grossed out by much.

you're powering through them Des!
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Did anyone else watch last night's yet? It was the season finale, right?
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:32 pm

Just watching now so I'm not reading comments but I just have to say those people are fucked up

And I'm only about 15 min in
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:10 pm

I'm flabbergasted.

But, yeah, that was about right. Can't say in surprised.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 12:59 pm

the rage I felt - I was sooo upset for Nora. happy about her finding the baby though. I think cop guy's wish came true. (I feel he wished to have a family again... or be happy again... )

I loved that black guy - sad to see him go. but I feel he was creating offspring to pass on his gift as he was dying. did anyone see what happened though? was he shot? I thought he was just sick? I think he's an angel of some sort.

even though it was a dream - I liked seeing cop dude - "seeing" what his Dad sees... that could get interesting.

so did the son drop off the baby on his dad's doorstep and coincidentally find his mom about to drown herself? where do you think they are going to go now?

Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:13 pm

I don't think Laurie was going to kill herself. I think she just didn't have anywhere else to go and now we know that the monument means something to her.

Yes Tommy dropped the baby off then I guess went to find his family. Either Rolling Stone or Entertainment weekly did a wrap up and we're supposed to assume that the park is somewhere they went together so its a natural place that they would find each other.

I did think Nora was going to kill herself. When she started the letter, then tucked the kids in their beds, I thought she'd lay down next to them.

Black guy - apparently was attacked but they didn't show it. He was running from someone previously and contacted Tommy to get some of his money back. I think he was a hack cult leader - I didn't get anything else. Now he just seems like a means to bring the baby to Kevin's family and convince Nora to stay.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 2:28 pm

really?? I thought  the black guy was a hack at first - but after he "saved" Nora I thought different - then the babies... something is up there.  the "healing business" he had going was hurting him.   the investigator was asking Kevin some interesting questions too.

Good? Bad? Spared? Condemned? Potato, po-tah-to. That's been the whole M.O. of The Leftovers, hasn't it?
this comment makes me think of Lost. The Reverend says Kevin is a "good man" ... makes me think of "Goodwin"

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-leftovers-season-1-episode-10/

I was happy to see the dog come back :) im going to have to look for the book - maybe a Christmas present for Mr. G
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Leftovers   The Leftovers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Leftovers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: TV-