AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inTrading season - Page 3 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Trading season - Page 3 EmptyTrading season - Page 3 EmptyTrading season - Page 3 Empty 
gin (20877)
Trading season - Page 3 EmptyTrading season - Page 3 EmptyTrading season - Page 3 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Trading season

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

Trading season - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:32 pm

1 number 2-3 and a bunch of number 3-4 guys as far i can see. but they have ranaudo, workman, and later in the year for a bit of experience owens.

if they can score more runs they should be able to make a go of it.

they will now work on a few pieces for the bullpen, I see middlebrooks going somewhwere for a reliever, and they still have wayyyy too many outfielders
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:02 pm

Yea, the pundits don't think they are finished acquiring talent yet
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 10:39 am

cubs signed Motte from the Cardinals...1 yr deal :) JJ what do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 10:41 am

blondie wrote:
I thought this was funny.  Sorry Derek

Trading season - Page 3 <a href=Trading season - Page 3 Img_1210" />

cubs fans have good sense of humor of our crappiness, so this is actually funny to me lol He'll probably break his arm and be on and off through out his long tenure and we'll be trying to push him onto someone else like we did with Soriano for years :)
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

there's a lot of funny stuff about the Cubs lol2

don't feel bad - the Phillies are now the worst team in baseball. Even the front office sucks -they really need to get some new blood to make some good decisions.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 11:54 am

the white sox made a lot of major moves ...chicago as a city should be excited...thatd be awesome for a sox vs cubs WS...lol
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 12:40 pm

Derek wrote:
cubs signed Motte from the Cardinals...1 yr deal  :)    JJ what do you think?

We'll miss him. He's a really good guy. His strike out for cancer campaign is based in STL so I think he'll be around a lot. I think the Cubs fans will love him and you're lucky to have him.
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:33 am

Today we should get the official word that Jimmy Rollins is leaving us. Sad I know he'll come back to retire as a Phillie but it sucks that it has to be this way.

I still can't figure out what the Braves are doing. Now Justin Upton is reportedly on the move.

Which leaves them with BJ Upton? He's worse than Dom Brown!

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 10:27 am

JJ wrote:
Derek wrote:
cubs signed Motte from the Cardinals...1 yr deal  :)    JJ what do you think?

We'll miss him. He's a really good guy. His strike out for cancer campaign is based in STL so I think he'll be around a lot. I think the Cubs fans will love him and you're lucky to have him.

yeah we'll love him...seems like he'll be a great motivator and club house lift for energy..especially for all those babies we just brought up the past year...i think we'll have the youngest infield in the league...when kris bryant shows up that is...;

i kno we really enjoyed jim when he came over....i was at the first game he returned to stl on fourth july a few years ago....they gave him a standing O..it was awesome...
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Not much to report on the b-ball front.

We do have two guys in winter ball that are tearing it up: Maikel Franco and Rule 5 pick Odubel Herrera. Maikel is either a 3B or a 1B depending on Howard's trade outcome I guess. Odubel is OF.

Of course when I heard about him, the article also pointed out that last year we had a rule 5 pick, gave him back, then he was placed 2 (I think) in Rookie of the Year. Our player evaluators are really on top of their game! [/end sarcasm]

We'll see. Anyway, spring training is near. yay
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:45 pm

another few weeks til pitcher and catchers!!!! yay yay yay yay
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:00 am

Rumor is the Brewers are interested in mr Papelbon. That would be great if the could move him. Hopefully he will consider them contenders enough to go there.
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:29 am

this rumor has legs - they're discussing how much $$ we'd have to kick in for his option for 2016. They've said all along they are willing to pay a lot.

I don't dislike him but we have not one but 2 guys that can hit 100 and scare hitters, we just don't need him.

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:43 am

picked up Dexter Fowler...decent lead off man finally...

Fowler, Castro, Baez, Rizzo, Soler, Bryant, Alcantara, Montero, Lester. Cubs look nice right now :)
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:54 am

that was bound to happen eventually

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:02 am

im finally excited for our team and the season for once ...cant wait...such a young team...Soler and Bryant are gonna surprise everyone :)
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 1:27 pm

I'm kinda excited for a couple of guys 36

today I read an article that said that we may not suck as bad as projected (still suck though)
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:56 pm

cubs want Hamels in a trade deal...if we dont rock the boat in the Shields FA....but theyre asking too much i believe I know u guys are looking at Wellington Castillo, our catcher...or Travis Wood ..one of our pitchers....u can have them both...and a couple prospects ..hand Hamels over!
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:33 pm

we want all your top prospects and a couple of minor ones stache

Hamels is one of the top pitchers in baseball - lesser guys have been traded for more.

I think at this point they should wait for July - teams who are dreaming of the playoffs may pay more. He's a difference maker.

Hopefully Lee will bounce back and have good value by then too.

I'm torn on Hamels - I'll be sad if he goes even though my brain knows we're wasting his best years here.
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:53 pm

I just looked up who your guys are and I'm not impressed. Are they supposed to be your top prospects?
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:09 am

blondie wrote:
I just looked up who your guys are and I'm not impressed.  Are they supposed to be your top prospects?  
most of their prospects are on the team at this point, they brought everyone up to play.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trading season   Trading season - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trading season
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2