AFTER LOST

a place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost..
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 LOST

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:45 pm

desi wrote:
ahh okay, so it more like the crash survivors call them the others and Dharma called them hostiles.. lol I noticed the word Hostile is used a lot in the show..

I can't remember but do they ever explain who Richard is?

the Losties called Ben's group 'others'

Dharma called Richard's group 'hostiles'

Ben was Dharma but became and took over the "others/hostiles"

Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:46 pm

desi wrote:
ahh okay, so it more like the crash survivors call them the others and Dharma called them hostiles.. lol I noticed the word Hostile is used a lot in the show..

I can't remember but do they ever explain who Richard is?


yes, I think that's my next epi - they do a whole background show on when/how he came to the island
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:46 pm

desi wrote:
ahh okay, so it more like the crash survivors call them the others and Dharma called them hostiles.. lol I noticed the word Hostile is used a lot in the show..

I can't remember but do they ever explain who Richard is?

Yeah, there is an entire episode in season 6 about him. He was a slave on the Black Rock.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:48 pm

desi wrote:
Ez wrote:
The Others and the Hostiles are the same people. tongue

Yea but not to each other I thought? Like Ben and Charles and Richard and their people are The Others who worship Jacob, and than the men from the temple are the Hostiles who inhabit the Island and are drivin by evil

Like when Sayid goes to the temple and gets resurrected, he is resurrected as pure evil, not from the light of the island therefore becoming a Hostile himself


don't the hostiles protect Jacob? I don't think being resurrected by them is what makes him evil

I think of it like Pet Cemetery - they are not quite the same when they come back.
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7180
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:49 pm

i'm confused all over again
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:52 pm

desi wrote:
ahh okay, so it more like the crash survivors call them the others and Dharma called them hostiles.. lol I noticed the word Hostile is used a lot in the show..

I can't remember but do they ever explain who Richard is?

Yes, there is a Richard Episode in S6 that explains how he got his immortality and how he is connected to the people on the island

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:57 pm

lol

I love that 10 years later we are still discussing Lost!
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21248
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:11 pm

blondie wrote:
desi wrote:
ahh okay, so it more like the crash survivors call them the others and Dharma called them hostiles.. lol I noticed the word Hostile is used a lot in the show..

I can't remember but do they ever explain who Richard is?

the Losties called Ben's group 'others'

Dharma called Richard's group 'hostiles'

Ben was Dharma but became and took over the "others/hostiles"


Yes okay, and that's where the beef with Charles Whitmore came from

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Yea, Whitmore was banished by Ben for having a family off the Island

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:22 pm

blondie wrote:
lol

I love that 10 years later we are still discussing Lost!

I know, it's great

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12874
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:43 pm

i hope the ending is worth all of this
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:47 pm

desi wrote:
blondie wrote:
desi wrote:
ahh okay, so it more like the crash survivors call them the others and Dharma called them hostiles.. lol I noticed the word Hostile is used a lot in the show..

I can't remember but do they ever explain who Richard is?

the Losties called Ben's group 'others'

Dharma called Richard's group 'hostiles'

Ben was Dharma but became and took over the "others/hostiles"


Yes okay, and that's where the beef with Charles Whitmore came from

yes, he left the island and wants back in.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:50 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
i hope the ending is worth all of this

lol

I didn't think it was that bad the first time around. We'll see what I think this time.

It's hard to come up with a suitable ending for a good show. I think there's a point where you just can't do it justice.

My sis doesn't want to watch Dexter because she heard the ending sucked. It kinda did but why give up an entire show?
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21248
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:13 pm

The ending was perfect and went perfect with the theme of the show, LOST was meant to make you think... a lot of the ideas are based of the ideas of Joseph Campbell who specialized in mythology and comparative religion, the show was about The Human Experience from many different aspects, and the end was just one of many ideas of what comes after death, this one being that you can only move on after death with the people who you had the most important experiences with, hence everyone moving together except for Ben...

The only thing that kinda confuses me is how Hurley would have died... cause obviously the protector can't be killed by old age... that means Hurley would have had to been killed by someone...

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:15 pm

did you know there was an epilogue that featured Hurley, Ben and Walt? It's called the New Man in Charge or something - like 12 minutes long. I just saw it skimming the wiki page.

I didn't get into all the other stuff they did, like the mini-episodes but now I want to.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20442
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:48 pm

blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
i hope the ending is worth all of this

lol

I didn't think it was that bad the first time around.  We'll see what I think this time.

It's hard to come up with a suitable ending for a good show. I think there's a point where you just can't do it justice.

 My sis doesn't want to watch Dexter because she heard the ending sucked.  It kinda did but why give up an entire show?    


I didn't think it sucked- it was pretty appropriate actually considering who he was - it was just not what I wanted.. I wanted a happy ending smilingnerd
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:12 pm

blondie wrote:
did you know there was an epilogue that featured Hurley, Ben and Walt?  It's called the New Man in Charge or something - like 12 minutes long.  I just saw it skimming the wiki page.

I didn't get into all the other stuff they did, like the mini-episodes but now I want to.  

Yea, it's a special feature on the Blu ray/dvd. Hurley more or less picks Walt as the next protector of the Island.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:26 pm

gin wrote:
blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
i hope the ending is worth all of this

lol

I didn't think it was that bad the first time around.  We'll see what I think this time.

It's hard to come up with a suitable ending for a good show. I think there's a point where you just can't do it justice.

 My sis doesn't want to watch Dexter because she heard the ending sucked.  It kinda did but why give up an entire show?    


I didn't think it sucked- it was pretty appropriate actually considering who he was - it was just not what I wanted.. I wanted a happy ending smilingnerd

Dexter? me too. Him, Hannah and Harrison
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Ez wrote:
blondie wrote:
did you know there was an epilogue that featured Hurley, Ben and Walt?  It's called the New Man in Charge or something - like 12 minutes long.  I just saw it skimming the wiki page.

I didn't get into all the other stuff they did, like the mini-episodes but now I want to.  

Yea, it's a special feature on the Blu ray/dvd. Hurley more or less picks Walt as the next protector of the Island.


after they pick him up at the mental hospital! But it makes sense - if the rest needed to go back, he should've too
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21248
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:45 pm

gin wrote:
blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
i hope the ending is worth all of this

lol

I didn't think it was that bad the first time around.  We'll see what I think this time.

It's hard to come up with a suitable ending for a good show. I think there's a point where you just can't do it justice.

 My sis doesn't want to watch Dexter because she heard the ending sucked.  It kinda did but why give up an entire show?    


I didn't think it sucked- it was pretty appropriate actually considering who he was - it was just not what I wanted.. I wanted a happy ending smilingnerd



How was it not a happy ending, they all did great things together when they were alive and than moved on all together after, plus the characters seemed pretty damn happy!

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21248
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:45 pm

blondie wrote:
Ez wrote:
blondie wrote:
did you know there was an epilogue that featured Hurley, Ben and Walt?  It's called the New Man in Charge or something - like 12 minutes long.  I just saw it skimming the wiki page.

I didn't get into all the other stuff they did, like the mini-episodes but now I want to.  

Yea, it's a special feature on the Blu ray/dvd. Hurley more or less picks Walt as the next protector of the Island.


after they pick him up at the mental hospital!  But it makes sense - if the rest needed to go back, he should've too



ahhh okay, I watched the 15 minutes mini episode with Ben and Hurley, but missed the thing about Walt

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9106
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 36
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:24 pm

It's at the end of the minisode

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:36 pm

desi wrote:
gin wrote:
blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
i hope the ending is worth all of this

lol

I didn't think it was that bad the first time around.  We'll see what I think this time.

It's hard to come up with a suitable ending for a good show. I think there's a point where you just can't do it justice.

 My sis doesn't want to watch Dexter because she heard the ending sucked.  It kinda did but why give up an entire show?    


I didn't think it sucked- it was pretty appropriate actually considering who he was - it was just not what I wanted.. I wanted a happy ending smilingnerd



How was it not a happy ending, they all did great things together when they were alive and than moved on all together after, plus the characters seemed pretty damn happy!


I think she meant Dexter
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20442
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:20 pm

yes Dexter.  I wanted that too Blondie. And Deb with Quinn.  Poor Deb cry
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 21248
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 31
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: LOST   Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:33 pm

Clearly I have not been paying close enough attention  lol2

_________________
The kindest thing to do is often the hardest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: LOST   

Back to top Go down
 
LOST
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Lost an EFFIN center cap just now.
» The Lost Boy
» Sculptress of Sound: The Lost Works of Delia Derbyshire
» Lost a good friend today
» Lost In The Woods

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV & Movies :: General TV Discussions-
Jump to: