AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inBig Papi to retire?? TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Big Papi to retire?? EmptyBig Papi to retire?? EmptyBig Papi to retire?? Empty 
gin (20877)
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Big Papi to retire??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

Big Papi to retire?? Empty
PostSubject: Big Papi to retire??   Big Papi to retire?? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:38 pm

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2015/11/17/report-david-ortiz-retiring-at-end-of-2016-season/

I hope he decides to play into 2017, if he can produce, he has a vesting option for 2017 based on appearances etc. Should this be true, I will watch and enjoy every game I can this year. He has been, and probably will be forever, the greatest clutch hitter I have ever seen and I tip my cap to him for being the man who helped end an 86 year drought of championships and countless unforgettable moments both on and off the field

#34 will be hanging in Fenway, and if the BBWA has any sense whatsoever, his bust will be Cooperstown in 2021 on the first damn ballot, he is the embodiment of an All star, the very meaning of the words can be summed up by his career
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Big Papi to retire??   Big Papi to retire?? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:44 pm

I agree, but I doubt he gets first ballot, he is a DH, and the stigma of steroids will hurt him, regardless of the fact he's never tested positive.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Big Papi to retire??   Big Papi to retire?? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Ez wrote:
I agree, but I doubt he gets first ballot, he is a DH, and the stigma of steroids will hurt him, regardless of the fact he's never tested positive.
I tend to agree, but it is ridonkulous that being a DH should ever be a detriment. Like I said, he is the very thing an all star should be , great during the season, clutch beyond anyone else in his era, and even better when on the biggest stages with the most at stake. you can't talk about baseball in the last 15 years without his name being a part of it.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Big Papi to retire??   Big Papi to retire?? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 11:35 pm

I agree, his post season hero status is Reggie Jackson like, but I still think he will be screwed because of the era he played in.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Big Papi to retire??   Big Papi to retire?? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 7:19 am

Ez wrote:
I agree, his post season hero status is Reggie Jackson like, but I still think he will be screwed because of the era he played in.
personally I think they should all get in, put the whole story in, tell people that the era was marred by the use of steroids put them in a different wing but it's hard for me to just say because you may have used something or even if you did use something you are just forgotten. they are a part of the history of the game and should be recognized as being a part of that history, good or bad. but he belongs in as much as any hitter in the last 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Big Papi to retire??   Big Papi to retire?? EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:14 pm

I agree about the era, put them all in and call it the steroid era. Binds, Mcgwire, Clemens should all be in
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Big Papi to retire??   Big Papi to retire?? EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 am

Ez wrote:
I agree about the era, put them all in and call it the steroid era. Binds, Mcgwire, Clemens should all be in
really all they need to do is have a small section that shows the history of the game, which they probably already do, and include the whole story of the steroid problems and just let everyone know that during a time, there were no specific rules about it and some layers chose to take advantage of that and take things that subsequently were banned from use.

It kills me that just about 90% of football players probably take soemthing and noone gives a crap but in baseball it's a cardinal sin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Papi to retire??   Big Papi to retire?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Papi to retire??
Page 1 of 1