AFTER LOST

a place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost..

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

MLB 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 pm

Ez wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:
Papi should forego Retirement for the foreseeable future, just saying, he may have 50 hr's this year!
at this rate maybe more, he's on fire.  

for the most part I'm overjoyed at how they are playing, Porcello pitched well enough to win that game friday, wright has been unbelievable and offense is great, much better than i thought.   i'll take it, but 31 million for an ERA over 6 isn't gonna cut it, Price has me a bit worried, he better not be hurt

I think we way overspent for Price, I still would have rather had Greinke.

I think Arizona feels the same way right now. Greinke isn't exactly repeating his stellar year out there.
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 09, 2016 1:38 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:
Papi should forego Retirement for the foreseeable future, just saying, he may have 50 hr's this year!

for the most part I'm overjoyed at how they are playing, Porcello pitched well enough to win that game friday, wright has been unbelievable and offense is great, much better than i thought.   i'll take it, but 31 million for an ERA over 6 isn't gonna cut it, Price has me a bit worried, he better not be hurt

overspending is relative, if he was performing I would be fine, I mean if Porcello pitched last year like he is now noone would have questioned the contract, to me it's all monoply money but if you are gonna spend it you better get something for it.  I have faith he will turn it around and be a decent pitcher but nobody is worth 30 million a year.

well with the way  bartolo colon can hit and pitch, maybe he is but nobody else tongue

we've seen him a lot lately and they make fun of him so much but in an admirable sort of way. Like his warm up tosses - he just lazily throws it once or twice, then done. He doesn't like to use any unnecessary energy lol2
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 09, 2016 1:47 pm

blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:

overspending is relative, if he was performing I would be fine, I mean if Porcello pitched last year like he is now noone would have questioned the contract, to me it's all monoply money but if you are gonna spend it you better get something for it.  I have faith he will turn it around and be a decent pitcher but nobody is worth 30 million a year.

well with the way  bartolo colon can hit and pitch, maybe he is but nobody else tongue

we've seen him a lot lately and they make fun of him so much but in an admirable sort of way.  Like his warm up tosses - he just lazily throws it once or twice, then done.  He doesn't like to use any unnecessary energy lol2
he's 43, at least, he has what 10-12 more years in the league tongue
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 09, 2016 2:29 pm

at least

I think Jamie Moyer was 48 when he retired

I think of him everytime someone hits a pop-up. You could hear him yell "two hands!" loud and clear lol2
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue May 10, 2016 7:25 am

it's a good thing the Sox can hit, Bucholz was back to the "other than the homerun and solid double I gave up to lead off inning, I felt pretty good' speech. yeah other than the 4 runs in five innings , with runs in the 1st,2nd and 3rd innings, you pitched well for 2 innings facepalm

Just once I'd like to hear him say, I sucked again tonight 36 , I have to do better than that, everyone else is playing well and I can't be the guy who isn't I have to do better
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue May 10, 2016 9:04 am

So the Nats locked up Strasberg - 7 years with deferred money and opt outs of course.

With all the salary deferrals once this run is over they should be hamstrung for a few years. Half of their budget is going to be towards long gone players.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue May 10, 2016 9:32 am

Ya, but they have to sign Strasburg, can't afford to let him go...

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed May 11, 2016 8:45 am

1-1/2 games out of first. I want them to get there if only for a day; just so they can say they climbed over the Mets and Nats to do it.

We're playing the Braves then the Reds so we have a great chance to get all the W's we need this week. Hopefully we'll get the Reds back for that 0-4 they gave us to open the season.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed May 11, 2016 3:20 pm

blondie wrote:
1-1/2 games out of first.  I want them to get there if only for a day; just so they can say they climbed over the Mets and Nats to do it.

We're playing the Braves then the Reds so we have a great chance to get all the W's we need this week.  Hopefully we'll get the Reds back for that 0-4 they gave us to open the season.
they have been playing great blondie i know it's a long season, but getting off to a good start especially with a young team means alot!!

the sox are "tearing the cover off the ball)

they have like 185 runs scored already this year. I think it was like July before they got that far last year

And we got another good performance from our pitching staff, a six inning stint from Sean O'sullivan, with no walks. gave up a few runs but from a relative nobody it's better than expected.

Maybe he can give a few pointers to Bucholz on how to pitch tongue

what, Sullivan wasn't Irish enough, they had to tack on an O' to it lol2
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed May 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Buzz about bringing up tommy Joseph is getting louder. He's the guy was got for hunter pence. It looked like a lost trade for us. But he's learning first base and hitting for power. They have to make some kind of move and I don't see a trade happening.

Is that the same o'sullivsn that pitched for us?
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu May 12, 2016 7:14 am

blondie wrote:
Buzz about bringing up tommy Joseph is getting louder.  He's the guy was got for hunter pence.  It looked like a lost trade for us.  But he's learning first base and hitting for power.  They have to make some kind of move and I don't see a trade happening.

Is that the same o'sullivsn that pitched for us?
I'm pretty sure it is. 3 games 40 runs scored, 48 hits!!!

Oakland is terrible but still, they are supposed to be a major league team, giving up 40 runs and 48 hits in 3 games is unexcusable

now Houston is coming to town for a 4 game stint. I'm worried though, we have the bottom of our staff Price and Bucholz to start the series leg

If we just had a real ace we would be great
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu May 12, 2016 8:17 am

They can easily out slug Houston, even with the bottom of the staff pitching.

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu May 12, 2016 10:02 am

Ez wrote:
They can easily out slug Houston, even with the bottom of the staff pitching.
the way they are hitting they can outslug anybody, it's really nice to see JBJ doing it, Shaw doing it, hell everyone is hitting, tough to beat a team that has 8 strong hitters in the lineup
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu May 12, 2016 12:57 pm

I hope they keep it up!

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu May 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Ez wrote:
I hope they keep it up!
I can't see this production lasting all year but if they can consistently score runs I'll be happy. for the first time in a long time I am not worried when they get down by a run or two, last year if they gave up a run in the first 2 inning I was like Well there goes that game
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu May 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Ha, true story!

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Fri May 13, 2016 7:02 am

much better performance from price, though he was a little shaky in the first 2, he rebounded nicely. and the sox had an off night at the plate and could only manage 11 runs last night. tongue
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Fri May 13, 2016 8:08 am

Yea, but it's just Houston, I'm not too excited yet.

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Fri May 13, 2016 8:21 am

Ez wrote:
Yea, but it's just Houston, I'm not too excited yet.
still, he had been rocked by tampa and by the yankees whose lineups suck just as much as Houston's does right now
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Fri May 13, 2016 12:51 pm

and Tommy Joseph is being promoted; just in time to start against some left handed pitching. Here's hoping that he hits both handed pitchers so we can get some production at 1B. Howard can pitch hit from time to time.

bye Ruf. I was rooting for you but the .170 ave isn't helping your cause
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 16, 2016 10:14 am

6-1 homestand, 7 games 71 runs 103 hits, more than 10 runs and 14 hits per game and it took heroics in extra innings on saturday and a misplayed ball in the 7th leading to 2 runs on sunday to win the games ?

yes the offense has been PlayStation good, but the pitching over the weekend, and the defense on Sunday was atrocious.

still they keep finding ways to win

I'm looking forward to seeing Erod or kelly...or both in the rotation soon.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 16, 2016 10:15 am

and papi is indeed the BEST clutch hitter ever, he single handedly willed them to a win on Saturday, driving in the tying run in the ninth and the winning run in the 11th, not mention a homer earlier in the game.

Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 16, 2016 11:42 am

we didn't complete the sweep of the Reds but we did take the series. The Nats and Mets lost too so we stay 1 freaking game behind for 1st.

We play the Marlins tonight - hopefully we'll just continue to take series.

And I want to climb over those stupid Nats for 1st.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 16, 2016 11:46 am

blondie wrote:
we didn't complete the sweep of the Reds but we did take the series.  The Nats and Mets lost too so we stay 1 freaking game behind for 1st.  

We play the Marlins tonight - hopefully we'll just continue to take series.  

And I want to climb over those stupid Nats for 1st.
that's all I look for
win 2-3 3-4 even splitting a four gamer is Ok with me if over all you win 58-605 of your games you will have a great season.

as well as the red sox played last week, the frigging orioles kept pace with them

i dislike shoemaker schomaker schowalter whateverdafuckhisname is tongue

he has taken the place of Madden as the manger i dislike though he is very very good at getting the best from his team
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 16, 2016 1:18 pm

I think we've only lost 2 series this season so far - the first one with the Reds and we went down 1-3 against the 4 games with the Cards.

Madden cracks me up getting his guys to dress up for road trips. Keeps them loose, not that they have anything to be uptight about these days.

I know its stupid to watch the standings and I know we won't be in it all season but I WANT FIRST PLACE AGAIN DAMN IT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   

Back to top Go down

MLB 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next