AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MLB 2016

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:36 am

@Ez wrote:
Yes, he looks like Babe Ruth... :|
he looks like he ATE Babe ruth :|

yeah an overweight switch hitter who can't hit leftys, and a malcontent stiff as a board first baseman who is telling everyone to make sure they throw the ball right to him cuz he won't be able to catch it if they don't( that's when he get's his glove )

HAN RAM also just got to camp and already needed a break to jet off to miami for the weekend facepalm

all for the low low price of what, 45 million bucks this year??
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:48 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Ez wrote:
Yes, he looks like Babe Ruth... :|
he looks like he ATE Babe ruth :|

yeah an overweight switch hitter who can't hit leftys, and a malcontent stiff as a board first baseman who is telling everyone to make sure they throw the ball right to him cuz he won't be able to catch it if they don't( that's when he get's his glove )

HAN RAM also just got to camp and already needed a break to jet off to miami for the weekend facepalm

all for the low low price of what, 45 million bucks this year??

lol
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:13 pm

@blondie wrote:
And now you have Giles closing it out. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does when the games matter.  He's really a great addition.

No doubt, getting him was a great move.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:37 pm

I think this is more just a bad pic - no one looks good with their shirt flying up. It's not like he's ever been slim.


Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:47 pm

With Chris Carter gone, he was ok, I didn't hate on the guy as much as other fans did, most notably for his weak batting average, the first base competition is going to be fun to watch this spring. I like Singleton and A.J. Reed, but Matt Duffy and Tyler White will get lots of at-bats as well.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:41 pm

@blondie wrote:
I think this is more just a bad pic - no one looks good with their shirt flying up.  It's not like he's ever been slim.


lol4 the strech marks are a nice touch. the problem I see is this is how he looks now, imagine after 4-5 months of eating crappy hotel food and take out on the road.

Actually my biggest problem is they paid him a fortune and he is, at best, a slightly above average baseball player. he will never hit more than 260-280. and every year he carries around another half person every day is just going to make it harder to continue even at that level. We have options, young, in shape options that could do as well as him.. brock holt could play third, travis shaw could play 1st or third, but neither of them will get the playing time they deserve because we are dumping garbage cans full of cash on him and HANRAM. hopefully ramirez at least hits better than he did after april last year, he can atone for what is sure to be a circus act at 1st if he can hit enough.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:44 pm

that being said, I see a vastly improved team from last year. having a number 1 and a bona fide closer will help, alot.
If mookie becomes what i think he will, an all star, if bogaerts continues to play like he did, and if JBJ can at least hit in the 250's with a little pop, then we should be ok. the pitching staff can't possibly be as bad as it was last year......can it?/
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:10 pm

33 days to the start of the red sox epic 162-0 season tongue
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:11 pm

Han ram will hit 407 to break the splendid splinter's record, Panda will hit 375 from the right hand side and steal 67 bases, and david price with stun the world with a 32 and 0 record with a 0.24 era
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:26 pm

you feeling alright, Clarke? You sound.....delusional. Yeah, that's it lol2

meanwhile, we're losing 5-3 to Toronto. I've only recognized 2 pitchers names - and only one of them was on the team last season. The starter today doesn't stand a chance of making the big club - I don't get the logic of starting out like that. If any team NEEDED an early win, it's the Phils.

But Franco broke Galvis' windshield with a BP HR so there's that tongue
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:40 pm

correction: I knew 3 of the pitcher's names.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:47 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
Han ram will hit 407 to break the splendid splinter's record, Panda will hit 375 from the right hand side and steal 67 bases, and david price with stun the world with a 32 and 0 record with a 0.24 era

I think you need to pee in a cup haha Cool

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:46 pm

I guy can dream can't he?/ even if it seems to be a drug induced delusional dream tongue
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:34 pm

We're all a little delusional at the beginning of the season 55
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:40 pm

I am hopeful, but I will still be shocked if they make the playoffs.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:09 pm

I'm hopeful they won't finish last. But that depends on who they bring up and when
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:14 am

@Ez wrote:
I am hopeful, but I will still be shocked if they make the playoffs.
to me it depends on their pitching. Price will pitch well enough for them to win say 7more games than last year, of that i'm fairly confident.

if they can get enough out whomever is the 2 and three, then they have a chance.


they have a better bullpen, but if the pitchers can't stay on the field longer than 4 innings like last year it will be burned out before June.

I like their lineup, though the defense is a question mark.


they have some young talented players who, if they continue to play like last year will be fun to watch.

I hope that farrell and the front office has enough balls to sit players like han ram or sandoval if they struggle and put in the younger players like shaw and Holt if it gives them a better chance to win.

any good will they had from winning in 13 is long gone aqnd the fans want a team that makes the playoffs.

we will see.

do the phllies and sox play this year??

( i'm just gonna chalk those up as wins
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:23 am

I just don't wanna get my hopes up

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:27 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Ez wrote:
I am hopeful, but I will still be shocked if they make the playoffs.
to me it depends on their pitching.  Price will pitch well enough for them to win say 7more games than last year, of that i'm fairly confident.

if they can get enough out whomever is the 2 and three, then they have a chance.


they have a better bullpen, but if the pitchers can't stay on the field longer than 4 innings like last year it will be burned out before June.

I like their lineup, though the defense is a question mark.


they have some young talented players who, if they continue to play like last year will be fun to watch.

I hope that farrell and the front office has enough balls to sit players like han ram or sandoval if they struggle and put in the younger players like shaw and Holt if it gives them a better chance to win.

any good will they had from winning in 13 is long gone aqnd the fans want a team that makes the playoffs.

 we will see.

do the phllies and sox play this year??

( i'm just gonna chalk those up as wins


:|

we do have some talent here sbob Nola and Eickoff are no slouches on the mound
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:49 am

I do NOT see the Red Sox on our schedule this season.

I do see that we play the White Sox, Tigers and Royals - they're new for us.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:55 pm

damn, nearly pulled out a win; had to settle for a tie
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:15 pm

We're over .500 cool

I wanted to point that out since its been awhile since I've been able to say it
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:35 pm

@blondie wrote:
We're over .500 cool

I wanted to point that out since its been awhile since I've been able to say it
tongue
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:36 pm

32
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:43 pm

Franco has 6 home runs. The Marlins have 5.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Oh and still over .500 yay
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:56 am

14 DAYS AND COUNTING
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 am

I can't wait. Hopefully the numbers they've been putting up are for real and they'll surprise some people.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:54 pm

I don't know how I feel about the Sox, cautiously optimistic, maybe?

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 pm

less than a week to go, and yes cautiously optimistic is what i am.

Porcello really scares me, he better shape up
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:12 am

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2016/03/31/pablo-sandoval-starting-travis-shaw-the-right-decision-to-help-the-team-win/

an unexpected, but good decision. I know that he won't sit all season, but shaw has definitely proven he should be in the lineup every day if possible. if he can also back up Han Ram at 1st and give him some days off I'll be even happier. i think the Sox know that the fans want to win games and they do not care how much salary is sitting on the bench.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:53 pm

I agree, he should start on the bench. $95 million wasted

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Opening Day, and game postponed due to weather :|
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:58 pm

@Rob wrote:
Opening Day, and game postponed due to weather :|
it's supposed to be 34 degrees in cleveland for the Sox this afternoon, meanwhile Tampa and toronto, 2 dome teams play each other for their opening day. who figures out a schedule with teams starting in Cleveland first and 2 dome teams playing each other??


i know they have a difficult time developing a schedule, But really, there are enough warm weather and dome stadiums that most of the issues could be worked out at least for the first week
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:44 pm

That's what I was thinking this morning. This should have been scheduled in Houston. Home games this early should be in the south or in dome stadiums. That's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:36 pm

@Rob wrote:
That's what I was thinking this morning.  This should have been scheduled in Houston.  Home games this early should be in the south or in dome stadiums.  That's just my opinion.  
when you win the write in for president, make sure ya change that will ya tongue
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:00 pm

That will be the FIRST thing I do. And I'm getting everyone here season tickets for the team of their choice tongue
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:56 pm

You have my vote, although, with the electronic ballots, can you still write in votes?

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Day one and the bullpen has imploded :|
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:41 am

@Rob wrote:
That will be the FIRST thing I do.  And I'm getting everyone here season tickets for the team of their choice tongue
I would hope so, because otherwise the country is running as smooth as possible and no changes are needed tongue
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:08 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
That will be the FIRST thing I do.  And I'm getting everyone here season tickets for the team of their choice tongue
I would hope so, because otherwise the country is running as smooth as possible and no changes are needed tongue

I couldn't agree more, things are running great tongue
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:29 am

@Rob wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
That will be the FIRST thing I do.  And I'm getting everyone here season tickets for the team of their choice tongue
I would hope so, because otherwise the country is running as smooth as possible and no changes are needed tongue

I couldn't agree more, things are running great tongue
like a bentley racing toward a tree
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:13 pm

1 down, 161 to go! Great final opening day from Papi! And Price was ok too... 36

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:14 am

Great opening day! Keuchel gets his first win, Correa hit his first homerun, it was a great day.
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:14 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
That will be the FIRST thing I do.  And I'm getting everyone here season tickets for the team of their choice tongue
I would hope so, because otherwise the country is running as smooth as possible and no changes are needed tongue

I couldn't agree more, things are running great tongue
like a bentley racing toward a tree

And the brakes are out.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 am

@Rob wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
That will be the FIRST thing I do.  And I'm getting everyone here season tickets for the team of their choice tongue
I would hope so, because otherwise the country is running as smooth as possible and no changes are needed tongue

I couldn't agree more, things are running great tongue
like a bentley racing toward a tree

And the brakes are out.
and the best part is the driver thinks that the tree will just jump out of the way, or that he will be out of the car before it hits the tree 36
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3583
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:31 pm

the mighty may fall this season if you listen to every MLB insider (those guys really piss me off). Not a great start, but I hope for warmer weather and warmer bats soon. (30 degree weather opening in Pittsburgh)
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:52 am

well it appears Bucholz is hurt....or I hope they will say he is after that stinker. I really can't stand watching him pitch anymore, no matter how many times they tell him to speed it up on the mound, as soon as a runner gets on base he starts with the slowwwwww deliberate pitching that gets him in trouble.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:53 am

but our offense is looking Ok, which they may need to get wins. 2 games, 2 dingers for papi in his farewell tour.
Back to top Go down
Rob

avatar

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:08 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Rob wrote:
That will be the FIRST thing I do.  And I'm getting everyone here season tickets for the team of their choice tongue
I would hope so, because otherwise the country is running as smooth as possible and no changes are needed tongue

I couldn't agree more, things are running great tongue
like a bentley racing toward a tree

And the brakes are out.
and the best part is the driver thinks that the tree will just jump out of the way, or that he will be out of the car before it hits the tree 36

Exactly 55

So, Correa hit TWO homeruns yesterday, but we got our ass handed to us anyway. McHugh got lit up in the .1 inning he pitched, and our bullpen didn't fare much better.

I can't wait for our home opener next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   

Back to top Go down
 
MLB 2016
Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: MLB Happenings-
Jump to: