AFTER LOST

a place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost..

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

MLB 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:45 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
well it appears Bucholz is hurt....or I hope  they will say he is after that stinker. I really can't stand watching him pitch anymore, no matter how many times they tell him to speed it up on the mound, as soon as a runner gets on base he starts with the slowwwwww deliberate pitching that gets him in trouble.
I agree, it seems a lifetime ago that he threw a no-hitter

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Ez wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
well it appears Bucholz is hurt....or I hope  they will say he is after that stinker. I really can't stand watching him pitch anymore, no matter how many times they tell him to speed it up on the mound, as soon as a runner gets on base he starts with the slowwwwww deliberate pitching that gets him in trouble.
seems a lifetime ago that he was an effective pitcher for any more than a couple games a year. When he pitches a little faster he can be great but they have been unable to stop him from slowing down when pitching out of the stretch, or from throwing to first 34 times an inning when there is a man on base. It absolutely drives me crazy. just throw the fuckin ball to the catcher instead of the 1st baseman ferchristsake

then they interview him last night he says

oh i felt pretty good, the delay in the start screwed me up a little but I felt good. I have never ever heard him say, i have to be better, I need to a do a better job. Nothing even remotely taking any responsibility for poor performance
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:09 pm

And now the third game is delayed because of rain. I swear, I hate games this early in stadiums without a roof.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:31 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
Ez wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
seems a lifetime ago that he was an effective pitcher for any more than a couple games a year.  When he pitches a little faster he can be great but they have been unable to stop him from slowing down when pitching out of the stretch, or from throwing to first 34 times an inning when there is a man on base.  It absolutely drives me crazy.  just throw the fuckin ball to the catcher instead of the 1st baseman ferchristsake

then they interview him last night he says

oh i felt pretty good, the delay in the start screwed me up a little but I felt good.  I have never ever heard him say, i have to be better, I need to a do a better job.  Nothing even remotely taking any responsibility for poor performance

Yea, I think we need a new number 2, let Clay be the 4 or 5.

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:12 am

Rob wrote:
And now the third game is delayed because of rain.  I swear, I hate games this early in stadiums without a roof.  
Or I don't know, PLAY THE DAMN GAMES IN HOUSTON AND COME BACK TO NY IN MAY OR JUNE????? facepalm
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:20 am

other than yesterday, the sox proved they can hit. The pitching , again other than opening day and yesterday needs to be ALOT better than that though. Porcello managed to right the ship after giving up absolute meatballs to Joey bats, twice. and kelley was as bad or worse than bucholz in his debut this season. i really hope they have a better result the second time around.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:02 am

The lack of pitching has me concerned

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:13 am

iwantmycrayons wrote:
Rob wrote:
And now the third game is delayed because of rain.  I swear, I hate games this early in stadiums without a roof.  
Or I don't know, PLAY THE DAMN GAMES IN HOUSTON AND COME BACK TO NY IN MAY OR JUNE????? facepalm

and what? the rest of us wait until summer for opening day?

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:11 am

blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Rob wrote:

and what?  the rest of us wait until summer for opening day?

it would be better if they waited until at least the middle of april for northern games, foergawd sakes they were clearing snow off of fields to play this weekend, and I for one wouldn't go to a game even a home opener if it was gonna be 32 degrees , I'll watch it at home.
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:04 pm

I don't sit in bad weather either. Not even a rain delay.

I don't think it's possible to wait that long though - it can stay cold up here until May. And rain can pretty much happen anytime.

We played in 40 degree temps all weekend. We had a snow storm on Saturday - a real honest snow storm. Luckily it didn't lay much by my way. Further East still has some ground cover.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 pm

blondie wrote:
I don't sit in bad weather either.  Not even a rain delay.

I don't think it's possible to wait  that long though - it can stay cold up here until May.  And rain can pretty much happen anytime.

We played in 40 degree temps all weekend.  We had a snow storm on Saturday - a real honest snow storm.  Luckily it didn't lay much by my way. Further East still has some ground cover.
I know it would be difficult, but sometimes it seems like they don't even attempt to make it better.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:45 pm

blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
Rob wrote:

and what?  the rest of us wait until summer for opening day?

Yes sbob

I'm just kidding, I don't know what the solution is, I was just venting tongue
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:42 pm

The outfield fly rule strikes again
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:57 pm

JJ wrote:
the mighty may fall this season if you listen to every MLB insider (those guys really piss me off). Not a great start, but I hope for warmer weather and warmer bats soon. (30 degree weather opening in Pittsburgh)

The offense woke up.

Great home opener yesterday. All the youngins' on this ever aging team showed up.
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Thank you, Astros.  This guy has been unbelievable so far.  

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:37 pm

Garcia was so close to a no-no yesterday. cry
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:46 am

the sox needed atlanta this week, but the pitching is looking at least a littel more reliable

Wright has been great, Porcello seems to have figured some things out, and price will be fine. The question of course is bucholz

the owens/kelley/ rodriguez thing will work itself out as I know it'll be a week or more before e-rod gets back, kelley who knows and owens ,if he can stop walking so many people could be good

but having 3 semi reliable starters is huge, the 4-5 slot is a matter of hopefully you get innings and they keep you in the game

offense has been even better than i expected and should be able to score enough runs to keep us in most games.

Overall coming to the end of the first month to be.5 games out of 1st I'm pleased.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:15 pm

Yes, it's been a great start, I would still like to add another pitcher, but no complaints so far.

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:14 pm

Ez wrote:
Yes, it's been a great start, I would still like to add another pitcher, but no complaints so far.
I'm hoping e-rod comes back and can be effective, if they can do that and then ...smith?? i think his name is added to the bullpen and they should be Ok for a bit. when kelley gets back and e-rod is doing well, then who sits?/ i know pitching has a way of working itself out, and I suspect by then Bucholz will have a hangnail or some shit making him sit but if everyone is healthy, and e-rod and the others are pitching well, what do you do with kelley??
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:10 pm

6 Man rotation? Or send Bucholz to the Pen

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:56 am

Ez wrote:
6 Man rotation? Or send Bucholz to the Pen
or to another team, he had another sub par performance last night 36
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:01 am

I know... 36

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 02, 2016 8:25 am

well that was a good weekend, Price ws iffy last night but their offense has been getting really good. the other 2 games were fantastic great pitching and timely hitting. end the first month at 15-10 and i'm a happy camper
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 02, 2016 9:54 am

Bust out the broomsticks, great weekend!

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   Mon May 02, 2016 10:29 am

A month in and not only are we NOT in last place, we are only 2.5 out of first, swept the last 2 series (Washington and Cleveland) and have a better record than the entire NL West.

Our pitching is turning out to be one of the better staffs in baseball; that includes the bullpen who had a very rough start.

We finished April with the 5th best record. We are 15-10 right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2016   

Back to top Go down

MLB 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next