AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Post new topic   Reply to topicShare | 
 

 Netflixing

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:42 pm

I have Netflix, Amazon prime and I'll probably sign up for Hulu.  They have the Stephen King 11.22.63 that I'm dying to see and I've heard good things about their original shows in general.  I have cable but only order the premium channels when they're 1/2 price.  Verizon just gave me HBO free until May 31 for being a loyal customer.  I didn't even know it.

Amazon prime is great because the next episode just starts automatically and I don't have to get up to hit play.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 22204
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Is there a big selection with Amazon ??

_________________
Happiness = Reality - Expectations
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:16 am

I'm betting that Gin didn't understand a word of desi's gobbly gook, based of course on the fact that I don't understand a word of desi's gobbly gook. tongue
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:48 am

@blondie wrote:
I have Netflix, Amazon prime and I'll probably sign up for Hulu.  They have the Stephen King 11.22.63 that I'm dying to see and I've heard good things about their original shows in general.  I have cable but only order the premium channels when they're 1/2 price.  Verizon just gave me HBO free until May 31 for being a loyal customer.  I didn't even know it.

Amazon prime is great because the next episode just starts automatically  and I don't have to get up to hit play.
wait... is that out now?????
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:50 am

lol no I kinda sorta understood it..... but not really :p

basically, we use Netflix on the Wii or Xbox.
in the console settings, we go to the DNS screen thingy... then type in whatever # is currently being used (we have to google the proper American DNS #) and enter.

for the record - the boy does this. I just tell him to fix it Cool
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:20 am

@gin wrote:
lol no I kinda sorta understood it..... but not really :p

basically, we use Netflix on the Wii or Xbox.
in the console settings, we go to the DNS screen thingy... then type in whatever # is currently being used (we have to google the proper American DNS #) and enter.

for the record - the boy does this. I just tell him to fix it Cool
flag on the play, Illegal use of a teenager in technology
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:51 am

@desi wrote:
Is there a big selection with Amazon ??


I don't think it's as big as Netflix but they do have a lot of stuff and some different stuff. I wanted to watch Bosch (based on a book series I love). I got it on sale for $66 for the year (opposed to $99 regularly).

A couple of weeks ago they updated the software for the auto play which is the best. I use a HDMI coverter with my old phone and stream through my tv so I would have to get up ( :O) after every episode to select the next show and now I don't have to. If you have a lap cat you know how valuable that is tongue
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:53 am

@gin wrote:
@blondie wrote:
I have Netflix, Amazon prime and I'll probably sign up for Hulu.  They have the Stephen King 11.22.63 that I'm dying to see and I've heard good things about their original shows in general.  I have cable but only order the premium channels when they're 1/2 price.  Verizon just gave me HBO free until May 31 for being a loyal customer.  I didn't even know it.

Amazon prime is great because the next episode just starts automatically  and I don't have to get up to hit play.
wait... is that out now?????


yes! it started last Monday but I think they only release 1 epi a week so I'm waiting for all to air so I can use my free trial to binge them and check out what else they have. It's only $7.99/month so its not a big deal but I already have the other 2 so I don't know if I really need another service.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 am

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@gin wrote:
lol no I kinda sorta understood it..... but not really :p

basically, we use Netflix on the Wii or Xbox.
in the console settings, we go to the DNS screen thingy... then type in whatever # is currently being used (we have to google the proper American DNS #) and enter.

for the record - the boy does this. I just tell him to fix it Cool
flag on the play, Illegal use of a teenager in technology


lol she probably won't get that - it's sports talk!
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 am

@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@gin wrote:
lol no I kinda sorta understood it..... but not really :p

basically, we use Netflix on the Wii or Xbox.
in the console settings, we go to the DNS screen thingy... then type in whatever # is currently being used (we have to google the proper American DNS #) and enter.

for the record - the boy does this. I just tell him to fix it Cool
flag on the play, Illegal use of a teenager in technology


lol   she probably won't get that - it's sports talk!
I was thinking that after I typed it, maybe if she asks her teenager he'll explain that to her too tongue
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9254
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

@blondie wrote:
@desi wrote:
Is there a big selection with Amazon ??


I don't think it's as big as Netflix but they do have a lot of stuff and some different stuff.  I wanted to watch Bosch (based on a book series I love).  I got it on sale for $66 for the year (opposed to $99 regularly).

A couple of weeks ago they updated the software for the auto play which is the best.  I use a HDMI coverter with my old phone and stream through my tv so I would have to get up ( :O) after every episode to select the next show and now I don't have to.   If you have a lap cat you know how valuable that is tongue

I kove Harry Bosch, i thought it was cool the man in black played him

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:37 am

Season 2 starts soon. do you read Michael Connelly? :O He's one of my favorites.

Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 22204
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:49 am

@gin wrote:
lol no I kinda sorta understood it..... but not really :p

basically, we use Netflix on the Wii or Xbox.
in the console settings, we go to the DNS screen thingy... then type in whatever # is currently being used (we have to google the proper American DNS #) and enter.

for the record - the boy does this. I just tell him to fix it Cool

Oh you do it from a console, you're fine then

_________________
Happiness = Reality - Expectations


Last edited by desi on Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 22204
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 am

@Ez wrote:
@blondie wrote:
@desi wrote:
Is there a big selection with Amazon ??


I don't think it's as big as Netflix but they do have a lot of stuff and some different stuff.  I wanted to watch Bosch (based on a book series I love).  I got it on sale for $66 for the year (opposed to $99 regularly).

A couple of weeks ago they updated the software for the auto play which is the best.  I use a HDMI coverter with my old phone and stream through my tv so I would have to get up ( :O) after every episode to select the next show and now I don't have to.   If you have a lap cat you know how valuable that is tongue

I kove Harry Bosch,  i thought it was cool the man in black played him

So if you have an Amazon prime account you can access their streaming service?

_________________
Happiness = Reality - Expectations
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:57 am

@desi wrote:
@Ez wrote:
@blondie wrote:
@desi wrote:
Is there a big selection with Amazon ??


I don't think it's as big as Netflix but they do have a lot of stuff and some different stuff.  I wanted to watch Bosch (based on a book series I love).  I got it on sale for $66 for the year (opposed to $99 regularly).

A couple of weeks ago they updated the software for the auto play which is the best.  I use a HDMI coverter with my old phone and stream through my tv so I would have to get up ( :O) after every episode to select the next show and now I don't have to.   If you have a lap cat you know how valuable that is tongue

I kove Harry Bosch,  i thought it was cool the man in black played him

So if you have an Amazon prime account you can access their streaming service?

yes. and get free shipping on most things.

I also get emails for a free new release ebook book monthly - at least I think Prime is the reason why
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:58 am

another thing about Amazon is that you can download and watch later without an internet connection

I haven't tried that yet but that would be good for vacation if it doesn't take too long to DL
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 22204
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:08 am

ahh I'll have to check it out, I shop on Amazon a lot so I do have a prime account, I didn't realize that meant I had access to the streaming service

_________________
Happiness = Reality - Expectations
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:51 am

@desi wrote:
ahh I'll have to check it out, I shop on Amazon a lot so I do have a prime account, I didn't realize that meant I had access to the streaming service


there's a separate app - Amazon Video I think its called
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 8019
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:30 pm

11.22.63 was a fabulous book I hope they did it justice

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:50 pm

so do I - that may be my favorite of his

Stephen King's adaptations aren't usually that good but I'm still always compelled to check them out anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9254
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:00 pm

@blondie wrote:
Season 2 starts soon.  do you read Michael Connelly? :O   He's one of my favorites.



Yea, He's awesome

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:56 pm

David baldacci is another good one for similar types of stories.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:51 pm

@blondie wrote:
@gin wrote:
@blondie wrote:
I have Netflix, Amazon prime and I'll probably sign up for Hulu.  They have the Stephen King 11.22.63 that I'm dying to see and I've heard good things about their original shows in general.  I have cable but only order the premium channels when they're 1/2 price.  Verizon just gave me HBO free until May 31 for being a loyal customer.  I didn't even know it.

Amazon prime is great because the next episode just starts automatically  and I don't have to get up to hit play.
wait... is that out now?????


yes!  it started last Monday but I think they only release 1 epi a week so I'm waiting for all to air so I can use my free trial to binge them and check out what else they have.  It's only $7.99/month so its not a big deal but I already have the other 2 so I don't know if I really need another service.

this is exciting - I'm going to look it up when I get a chance ... have you seen it since we last talked?

Del yes I agree - was an awesome book!
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:52 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@gin wrote:
lol no I kinda sorta understood it..... but not really :p

basically, we use Netflix on the Wii or Xbox.
in the console settings, we go to the DNS screen thingy... then type in whatever # is currently being used (we have to google the proper American DNS #) and enter.

for the record - the boy does this. I just tell him to fix it Cool
flag on the play, Illegal use of a teenager in technology


lol   she probably won't get that - it's sports talk!
I was thinking that after I typed it, maybe if she asks her teenager he'll explain that to her too tongue


lol nope I def did not get it. my eyes glazed over it even as I read it.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:16 pm

@gin wrote:
@blondie wrote:
@gin wrote:
@blondie wrote:
I have Netflix, Amazon prime and I'll probably sign up for Hulu.  They have the Stephen King 11.22.63 that I'm dying to see and I've heard good things about their original shows in general.  I have cable but only order the premium channels when they're 1/2 price.  Verizon just gave me HBO free until May 31 for being a loyal customer.  I didn't even know it.

Amazon prime is great because the next episode just starts automatically  and I don't have to get up to hit play.
wait... is that out now?????


yes!  it started last Monday but I think they only release 1 epi a week so I'm waiting for all to air so I can use my free trial to binge them and check out what else they have.  It's only $7.99/month so its not a big deal but I already have the other 2 so I don't know if I really need another service.

this is exciting - I'm going to look it up when I get a chance ... have you seen it since we last talked?

Del yes I agree - was an awesome book!

no, I'm waiting for them all to air then binge with my free 1 week trial. I'll decide then if I want to keep it.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 22204
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:36 pm

Anyone check out fuller house yet?? It was pretty good

_________________
Happiness = Reality - Expectations
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:27 am

not yet but it's on my list
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:28 am

ooh and I think Netflix finally added auto-play for the next epi. At least that's what the update said anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9254
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:34 am

They have autoplay, it just stops after a few episodes and asks if you are still watching, which is really annoying!

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:45 am

mine never did that before. I always had to get up after each episode and hit next. I've been using Amazon because of this. It may be because I'm using an old iphone to stream - I don't have a smart tv.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9254
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:16 am

Oh, I use my Xbox.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 pm

@blondie wrote:
mine never did that before.  I always had to get up after each episode and hit next.  I've been using Amazon because of this.  It may be because I'm using an old iphone to stream - I don't have a smart tv.

I believe I saw this option in the settings... I had to upgrade out Netflix plan to more than 2 users. one of us kept getting booted off :p
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:34 pm

Stranger Things... very cool mini series on the Netflix 

Also if you get a chance, try Roadies... its on HBO i think - its pretty awesome. 

I saw Room a few weeks ago - fkng amazing.  it one of those movies that stick with you.

The heart of the sea - the stupidest movie ive seen in a long time

Focus - typical con-artist movie but pretty awesome - but i love Will Smith sooooo
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
avatar

Posts : 22204
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 32
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:44 pm

I want to check out stranger things, I think that's what I'll watch when Big Brother is over

_________________
Happiness = Reality - Expectations
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:37 pm

you'll like it im sure! its very supernaturally mixed with the Goonies :p a friend described it like that and it really was...
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm watching stranger things now. It reminds me of E. T.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 20775
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:10 pm

yes! that too!
and IT a little bit too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   

Back to top Go down
 
Netflixing
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: TV-
Post new topic   Reply to topicJump to: