AFTER LOST

a place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost..

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Netflixing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blondie

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:42 pm

I have Netflix, Amazon prime and I'll probably sign up for Hulu.  They have the Stephen King 11.22.63 that I'm dying to see and I've heard good things about their original shows in general.  I have cable but only order the premium channels when they're 1/2 price.  Verizon just gave me HBO free until May 31 for being a loyal customer.  I didn't even know it.

Amazon prime is great because the next episode just starts automatically and I don't have to get up to hit play.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Is there a big selection with Amazon ??

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:16 am

I'm betting that Gin didn't understand a word of desi's gobbly gook, based of course on the fact that I don't understand a word of desi's gobbly gook. tongue
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:48 am

blondie wrote:
I have Netflix, Amazon prime and I'll probably sign up for Hulu.  They have the Stephen King 11.22.63 that I'm dying to see and I've heard good things about their original shows in general.  I have cable but only order the premium channels when they're 1/2 price.  Verizon just gave me HBO free until May 31 for being a loyal customer.  I didn't even know it.

Amazon prime is great because the next episode just starts automatically  and I don't have to get up to hit play.
wait... is that out now?????
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:50 am

lol no I kinda sorta understood it..... but not really :p

basically, we use Netflix on the Wii or Xbox.
in the console settings, we go to the DNS screen thingy... then type in whatever # is currently being used (we have to google the proper American DNS #) and enter.

for the record - the boy does this. I just tell him to fix it Cool
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:20 am

gin wrote:

in the console settings, we go to the DNS screen thingy... then type in whatever # is currently being used (we have to google the proper American DNS #) and enter.

flag on the play, Illegal use of a teenager in technology
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:51 am

desi wrote:

I don't think it's as big as Netflix but they do have a lot of stuff and some different stuff. I wanted to watch Bosch (based on a book series I love). I got it on sale for $66 for the year (opposed to $99 regularly).

A couple of weeks ago they updated the software for the auto play which is the best. I use a HDMI coverter with my old phone and stream through my tv so I would have to get up ( :O) after every episode to select the next show and now I don't have to. If you have a lap cat you know how valuable that is tongue
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:53 am

gin wrote:
blondie wrote:

Amazon prime is great because the next episode just starts automatically  and I don't have to get up to hit play.

yes! it started last Monday but I think they only release 1 epi a week so I'm waiting for all to air so I can use my free trial to binge them and check out what else they have. It's only $7.99/month so its not a big deal but I already have the other 2 so I don't know if I really need another service.
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 am

iwantmycrayons wrote:
gin wrote:

lol she probably won't get that - it's sports talk!
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 am

blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
gin wrote:

lol   she probably won't get that - it's sports talk!
I was thinking that after I typed it, maybe if she asks her teenager he'll explain that to her too tongue
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

blondie wrote:
desi wrote:

I don't think it's as big as Netflix but they do have a lot of stuff and some different stuff.  I wanted to watch Bosch (based on a book series I love).  I got it on sale for $66 for the year (opposed to $99 regularly).

A couple of weeks ago they updated the software for the auto play which is the best.  I use a HDMI coverter with my old phone and stream through my tv so I would have to get up ( :O) after every episode to select the next show and now I don't have to.   If you have a lap cat you know how valuable that is tongue

I kove Harry Bosch, i thought it was cool the man in black played him

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:37 am

Season 2 starts soon. do you read Michael Connelly? :O He's one of my favorites.

Back to top Go down
desi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:49 am

gin wrote:

Oh you do it from a console, you're fine then

Last edited by desi on Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 am

Ez wrote:
blondie wrote:
desi wrote:

I don't think it's as big as Netflix but they do have a lot of stuff and some different stuff.  I wanted to watch Bosch (based on a book series I love).  I got it on sale for $66 for the year (opposed to $99 regularly).

A couple of weeks ago they updated the software for the auto play which is the best.  I use a HDMI coverter with my old phone and stream through my tv so I would have to get up ( :O) after every episode to select the next show and now I don't have to.   If you have a lap cat you know how valuable that is tongue

I kove Harry Bosch,  i thought it was cool the man in black played him

So if you have an Amazon prime account you can access their streaming service?

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:57 am

desi wrote:
Ez wrote:
blondie wrote:
desi wrote:

I kove Harry Bosch,  i thought it was cool the man in black played him

So if you have an Amazon prime account you can access their streaming service?

yes. and get free shipping on most things.

I also get emails for a free new release ebook book monthly - at least I think Prime is the reason why
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:58 am

another thing about Amazon is that you can download and watch later without an internet connection

I haven't tried that yet but that would be good for vacation if it doesn't take too long to DL
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:08 am

ahh I'll have to check it out, I shop on Amazon a lot so I do have a prime account, I didn't realize that meant I had access to the streaming service

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:51 am

desi wrote:
ahh I'll have to check it out, I shop on Amazon a lot so I do have a prime account, I didn't realize that meant I had access to the streaming service

there's a separate app - Amazon Video I think its called
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:30 pm

11.22.63 was a fabulous book I hope they did it justice
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:50 pm

so do I - that may be my favorite of his

Stephen King's adaptations aren't usually that good but I'm still always compelled to check them out anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:00 pm

blondie wrote:
Season 2 starts soon.  do you read Michael Connelly? :O   He's one of my favorites.

Yea, He's awesome

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:56 pm

David baldacci is another good one for similar types of stories.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:51 pm

blondie wrote:
gin wrote:
blondie wrote:

yes!  it started last Monday but I think they only release 1 epi a week so I'm waiting for all to air so I can use my free trial to binge them and check out what else they have.  It's only $7.99/month so its not a big deal but I already have the other 2 so I don't know if I really need another service.

this is exciting - I'm going to look it up when I get a chance ... have you seen it since we last talked?

Del yes I agree - was an awesome book!
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:52 pm

iwantmycrayons wrote:
blondie wrote:
iwantmycrayons wrote:
gin wrote:

lol   she probably won't get that - it's sports talk!
I was thinking that after I typed it, maybe if she asks her teenager he'll explain that to her too tongue

lol nope I def did not get it. my eyes glazed over it even as I read it.
Back to top Go down
blondie

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:16 pm

gin wrote:
blondie wrote:
gin wrote:
blondie wrote:

yes!  it started last Monday but I think they only release 1 epi a week so I'm waiting for all to air so I can use my free trial to binge them and check out what else they have.  It's only $7.99/month so its not a big deal but I already have the other 2 so I don't know if I really need another service.

this is exciting - I'm going to look it up when I get a chance ... have you seen it since we last talked?

Del yes I agree - was an awesome book!

no, I'm waiting for them all to air then binge with my free 1 week trial. I'll decide then if I want to keep it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflixing   

Back to top Go down

Netflixing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: TV-