AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWalking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWalking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWalking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 Empty 
gin (20877)
Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWalking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWalking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Walking Dead - Season 8

Go down 
+6
His Royal Dorkness
davidalan
Big John
vonnegut
gin
Rob
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Big John

Big John

Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 5:26 pm

So now we've got a new group of adversaries. The Vultures. meh
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 12:07 pm

October 7th.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Anyone else watch the Season 9 premiere?
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 12:52 pm

I did.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 1:16 pm

like it J, dislike it? I'm good with it except one thing (you can probably guess)
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 1:29 pm

I'm at a point where I suffer the episodes just to see which main characrters die.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Big John wrote:
I'm at a point where I suffer the episodes just to see which main characrters die.

spioler:
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 11:45 pm

Needed more Negan.
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

Pi-O-My

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 3:43 pm

vonnegut wrote:
Needed more Negan.

I'll delete my comment about the implications of that line. Anyway, all I remember him doing is yak yak yak. Pretty much agree with Big John at this point. I haven't watched this since Glenn died (died, not dumpstered.)   The commercials for it are good, though, so I might check out the "Rick dies" episode once folks here are good enough to let me know it's happened. But I won't watch if they drag it out over several hours. Or bring back the dumpster.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 1:32 am

But he yak yak yaks with STYLE.

And if you left with Glenn's death, you literally only saw one Negan scene. So you can't really judge.

And you didn't see his scenes with Boring Preacher in "Big Scary U" which were fucking MESMERIZING.

Negan is All. All is Negan.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 1:39 pm

lol trying to learn the Negan leanback for when I go to company meetings
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Zaphod wrote:
lol trying to learn the Negan leanback for when I go to company meetings

Sounds like an instant promotion.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 7:06 pm

One Negan scene is more than enough. It's the same scene every time.

I left sometime before the Carl debacle so I have seen many Negan scenes. If Negan were the first of the omnipotent omniscient villain then he might seem unique and interesting but he's just one more of the I can do no wrong and the writers love me ubervillain that more often than not tanks a storyline although TWD cyclically tanked itself by engaging in tedious conversations at the farm or the prison or in Alexandria that rivaled the tedium of similar Lost conversations. Give me a villain who screws up because he or she is fallible. And give me equally fallible heroes. And since Hershel and Glenn are gone and half of Michonne and Carl is gone give me no more nonstop conversations. Wait, I'm not even watching so what do I care?
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 pm

davidalan wrote:
Wait, I'm not even watching so what do I care?

*goes back to enjoying Negan*
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:37 am

for me Negan is fun to watch even if it's the same over and over, the same way 'The Comedian' in Watchmen was fun to watch. It's all in JDM's delivery, not so much the content.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Question, wasn't there a quick few lines between Maggie and Michonne about creating a democracy, after they've both glanced at the civil war poster/newspaper page (?) mounted in the city hall? If so, where exactly did the democratic discussion regarding Gregory's sentencing occur? Off camera? That felt very unilateral for me, on Maggie's part.

Also - nice to see Jesus hasn't lost the martial arts moves, I think we saw two whip kicks at least towards the beginning. Hi yah!!!
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:34 am

Zaphod wrote:
for me Negan is fun to watch even if it's the same over and over, the same way 'The Comedian' in Watchmen was fun to watch. It's all in JDM's delivery, not so much the content.

I like the character.

But I don't know if I would LOVE the character if it wasn't JDM. He's my everything.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:35 am

Zaphod wrote:
Question, wasn't there a quick few lines between Maggie and Michonne about creating a democracy, after they've both glanced at the civil war poster/newspaper page (?) mounted in the city hall? If so, where exactly did the democratic discussion regarding Gregory's sentencing occur? Off camera? That felt very unilateral for me, on Maggie's part.

I read that as, Michonne wants the democracy.
And is clearly talking Rick into it.

Maggie's like "hmm, that's an idea, how about Nope"

Quote :

Also - nice to see Jesus hasn't lost the martial arts moves, I think we saw two whip kicks at least towards the beginning. Hi yah!!!

55 55 55 Jesus kicking zombies is more entertaining than it should be.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 11:45 am

I enjoy how no matter what Rick is doing or what he says or how successful he thinks he is, Negan always finds a way to get under his skin.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 12:09 pm

he certainly got under Glenn's skin lol2 sorry
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Yeah, he really got in Glenn's head.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 1:10 am

Big John wrote:
I enjoy how no matter what Rick is doing or what he says or how successful he thinks he is, Negan always finds a way to get under his skin.

Wasn't it glorious?

Anyway, this ep:

Needs More Negan.
But at least we got some wonderful, gorgeous, Count-of-Monte-Cristo-Beard Negan.
Even sitting in the shadows with his Man-Face-Fur for a total of 45 seconds, he OWNED this episode. <3 JDM forever <3

What else did we get.

Daryl does lots of punching. I approve.
Especially since the guy he's punching will always be, to me, the Old-School-Russian from Agents of Shield.
Every time I see that actor, I think of Coulson dissing him SO FUCKING HARD "I have no idea who you are. I've been on hundreds of missions in my time. This one you're so upset about, I was being sent to retrieve an object. To be honest, I don't even remember what it was. As far as I'm concerned, you're just another redshirt like so many others who tried unsuccessfully to stop me from saving the world. So, cool origin story bro, but this means nothing to me" and I laugh in his face. Once you get Coulson-dissed like that, I will never take you seriously in another role, sorry.

Maybe it's the sociology-student in me, but I LOVE this direction of the show. Okay, it's no longer constant life-or-death, we've found our space within the zombie apocalypse, NOW what? How do we rebuild humanity?
I love this shit. I would watch the show if it was JUST this. What form of government will we have, do we have laws?, how do we allocate resources, what about the different skill levels of our people, this is all deeply fascinating to me and I like seeing it explored. It's the first time I've been interested in anything that Michonne does in a long time.

And ftr, although I am 100%, all the way, no-convincing-me-otherwise anti-execution, I think Maggie made the right call re: Gregory. I'm against execution because our society has other methods that don't involve murder. We have the capability to imprison people for life to protect society (it's even cheaper).
BUT-- this society does NOT. It can't afford the extra mouths, and doesn't have the secure infrastructure to guarantee that a murderer won't be able to harm society in the future. Given the limited resources, she made the right call.
Rick is being a fucking IDIOT to keep Negan locked up. He's gonna get out. He's gonna fuck things up. The only way to keep your society safe from him is to kill him. But you're being a doofus. So you deserve what will happen to you.

Also ftr, although I'm very straight and always have been, I think there should be sonnets written to Michonne's ass. I mean SERIOUSLY. GodDAMN. The shape of that woman.

In other news, Aaron lost an arm. Whoops.
Erin could become interesting for the first time ever. I liked her arm-chopping scene.
I still adore Jesus and I think he needs more good storyline. I'm on board for more Jesus storyline.
We could sub that in for coverage of characters who bore the shit out of me, such as Tara and Rosalita.
Carol getting a kiss on the cheek from the kid was creepy as fuck. Hopefully she'll just threaten him with cookies, instead of telling him to look at the flowers.
OMG TRASH LADY AND THE PRIEST VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT WHY
Can we have Daryl punching someone every episode please, thanks. And then talk about it all growly-like.

All the reviewers are non-spoiler saying that ep 3 is the best of the first 3 that they screened, so I have high hopes for next week.

Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 11:31 am

lol vonne i love your posts, you don't hold back yay

I'm with you, happy we're past the slashfest type episodes. the social interactions are interesting, but they'd don't let you forget the hordes are still out there. oh number one rule on construction sites - keep tumble lanes clear or at least at a distance. I know aaron was in a panic to run, but jeez i'd never jump where he jumped. or ran. heck using only ropes, i would probably request hammer-nail duty!

eh I don't mind the execution, I do mind that maggie feels it only HER (Daryl's too I spoze) place to decide he should be hung. if you're recreating the old west, you'll end up with standoffs deciding things, regardless of there being no guns (example, daryl going mortal kombat on vonne's russian guy. Justified, but had carol not stopped him, daryl would have beat him to death.)

Negan has to stay around, too interesting a nemesis. With all he's done, Maggie would have hung him no hesitation at all, he's done way way worse than Gregory ever did. I honestly can't think of a good reason Rick keeps him around, he's no longer useful as leverage IMO and he damn well won't ever join Rick's community.

LOL i noticed both derrieres vonne, both women quite fit. Shame on producers exploiting that shot.

Anne and the priest, eh, don't care one way or other. She wants someone, he's pretty much a fallen priest at this point. Just happy she lost the Romulan haircut.

AGREED. Bring on more Jesus, he's interesting to watch and can kick butt too.

Last edited by Zaphod on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 12:51 pm

The guy Daryl was fighting will always be Captain Vain from Black Sails for me.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 1:36 pm

hadn't been aware of black sails til you mentioned it john. giving it a looksee, looks like something i'd like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead - Season 8   Walking Dead - Season 8 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead - Season 8
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2