AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inweird and/or obscure movie trivia TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
weird and/or obscure movie trivia Emptyweird and/or obscure movie trivia Emptyweird and/or obscure movie trivia Empty 
gin (20877)
weird and/or obscure movie trivia Emptyweird and/or obscure movie trivia Emptyweird and/or obscure movie trivia Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

weird and/or obscure movie trivia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaphod

Zaphod

weird and/or obscure movie trivia Empty
PostSubject: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 6:47 pm

Pink Floyd was actually a huge fan of Monty Python and The Flying Circus. When the group wanted to make their first film they were able to get some help with rock band royalty. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Genesis all invested in Holy Grail. The budget wasn’t huge by any means and was around £200,000 (or about $243,920 dollars).

Look how huge Holy Grail became. Thank you these bands for helping get that film off the ground.
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Didn’t George Harrison’s company produce it? Or was that The Life of Brian

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 pm

sounds familiar but I can't remember.

ok, this is damn cool:

Aliens:  Al Matthews, who plays a Marine sergeant in this film, was in real life the first black Marine to be promoted to the rank of sergeant in the field during service in Vietnam.

I so love how the Sarge does NOT put up with Paxton's BS
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Mad Max Fury Road: To prepare themselves to go into battle, ready to sacrifice their lives for Immortan Joe, the War Boys spray their lips and teeth with a silver substance, very much like common spray paint - it was actually a pastry glaze used in cake decoration and made by a company named Wilton. Both the War Boys and Immortan Joe often speak about this as though it is a religious ritual, saying that it will allow them to enter "the gates of Valhalla, shiny and chrome". However, in a May 2015 interview with CraveOnline, actor Hugh Keays-Byrne, who plays Immortan Joe, said that this practice, which the War Boys think is purely ritualistic, actually involves the inhalation of "...a very euphoric drug" that keeps the War Boys high and suicidally devoted to Immortan Joe. Another clue to the spray's narcotic properties is the fact that "chrome" and "chroming" are Australian slang terms for inhalant abuse. Writer/director George Miller said that he got the idea for this from Australian filmmaker David Bradbury's 1981 Vietnam War documentary "Front Line", in which Cambodian soldiers preparing for battle suspend small jade figurines of Buddha from their mouths with little straps.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Zaphod's biggest time waster. back in 2015 while on a work hiatus, as a lark I created a spreadsheet of all the movies I could remember seeing from kid to current. I stopped updating the list in August 2015, but as of that time I've seen 1446 movies. THAT is a lot of time wasted watching movies, considering I'm not in any movie related occupation.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Heat (1995): Filmed in sixty-five locations around Los Angeles, without a single soundstage.

Also: Rather than dubbing in the gunshots during the bank robbery shoot-out, Michael Mann had microphones carefully placed around the set, so that the audio could be captured live. This added to the impact of the scene, because it sounded like no other gunfight shown on-screen.

To me that's impressive - it can't be easy doing that much external shooting.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 7:50 pm

ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
Didn’t George Harrison’s company produce it? Or was that The Life of Brian
I had to go look it up, because i remembered something about that but couldn't remember the details.

George Harrison actually created a movie production company to help Monty Python get Life of Brian made.

I love all the Python films, shit all of Gilliam's stuff in general, but my favorite is and likely always will be The Meaning of Life.

Zaphod wrote:
Zaphod's biggest time waster. back in 2015 while on a work hiatus, as a lark I created a spreadsheet of all the movies I could remember seeing from kid to current. I stopped updating the list in August 2015, but as of that time I've seen 1446 movies. THAT is a lot of time wasted watching movies, considering I'm not in any movie related occupation.
Only the ones that gave you no pleasure were wastes of time.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 10:15 pm

valid point...i guess any movie can give you insight into how others think or perceive the world, so valuable in that sense. and in finding great soundtracks.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Friday the 13th (1980): the original.

Because the camp was closed during filming, and situated in the deep New Jersey woods, the cast and crew didn't see much outside interference, but it turned out they had a very famous neighbor: rock star Lou Reed, who owned a farm nearby. "We got to watch Lou Reed play for free, right in front of us, while we were making the film," Soundman Richard Murphy said. "He came by the set, and we hung around with each other, and he was just a really great guy."
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 8:22 am

That was a really interesting time in Reed's songwriting career too. I love the late Velvets/early solo stuff the absolute best out of his whole catalog.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Edge of Tomorrow:

Based on the manga and novel "All You Need Is Kill" by Hiroshi Sakurazaka.

Emily Blunt admitted that after putting on the metal suit, she started crying because it was so heavy (it weighed 85 pounds) and that she would be required to perform action scenes in it for five months. She was jokingly told by Tom Cruise to "stop being such a wuss."
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 2:10 pm

First Blood
Every year around thanksgiving (ours) the town of Hope B.C. has a Rambo day they dress up the town to look like it did in the movie. They show the movie in the local Theater and fans come from all over the world. They have sightseeing tours to the filming locations.

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 2:40 pm

ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
First Blood
Every year around thanksgiving (ours) the town of Hope B.C. has a Rambo day they dress up the town to look like it did in the movie. They show the movie in the local Theater and fans come from all over the world. They have sightseeing tours to the filming locations.

I love it when towns/cities do stuff like that
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:19 pm

in Argentina the film Grease was released as Vaseline

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 7:22 pm

In China the bio-pic Nixon was called Big Liar

Pi-O-My

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 4:15 pm

ExpletiveDeleted wrote:

:O

I wonder what they called Elvis and Nixon -- a fun movie, btw. Michael Shannon doesn't try to look like Elvis but he has the mannerisms down cold.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 9:36 am

ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
in Argentina the film Grease was released as Vaseline

ExpletiveDeleted wrote:

lol and interesting too.

Get Out:
Director Jordan Peele asserted that the scene where Walter (Marcus Henderson) is running at Chris (Daniel Kaluuya) and the audience at full speed is a nod toward the power of depth in films. He cited North by Northwest (1959) as an example of this technique, stating, "Somebody running at you or towards you just creates a visceral and physical reaction for the audience."
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

Pi-O-My

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 3:56 pm

Zaphod wrote:
....Get Out:[/b]  Director Jordan Peele asserted that the scene where Walter (Marcus Henderson) is running at Chris (Daniel Kaluuya) and the audience at full speed is a nod toward the power of depth in films. He cited North by Northwest (1959) as an example of this technique, stating, "Somebody running at you or towards you just creates a visceral and physical reaction for the audience."

Who needs expensive 3D?

Trivia about Orson Welles while he was shooting Othello. He owed the costume-maker money and they were ready to shoot the murder of Cassio but needed clothes for all the extras. So he turned a fish market into a Turkish bath, put the actors in towels, and set the killing there. Because fish markets need frequent hosing down, they had a big drain, and one of the most interesting moments in the (pre-Psycho) movie is blood going down that drain.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Terminator: Genisys

This is the first film that Arnold Schwarzenegger is not credited as "Terminator" in the ending credits. Rather, he is named "Guardian".

Tom Hardy was the first choice for John Connor.

The original director of The Terminator (1984) James Cameron asked and got to officially endorse this film. He says he loved this so much, he personally considers this the official third film in the franchise.

Arnold Schwarzenegger did not dye his hair for this film. This shows his natural gray hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weird and/or obscure movie trivia   weird and/or obscure movie trivia Empty

Back to top Go down

weird and/or obscure movie trivia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: Movies-