AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inbest breakup tunes or stories TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
best breakup tunes or stories Emptybest breakup tunes or stories Emptybest breakup tunes or stories Empty 
gin (20877)
best breakup tunes or stories Emptybest breakup tunes or stories Emptybest breakup tunes or stories Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

best breakup tunes or stories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaphod

Zaphod

best breakup tunes or stories Empty
PostSubject: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:51 pm

do you have a favorite breakup tune, OR a tune that reminds you specifically of a significant breakup? or hell, share any sad relationship story. sharing helps, even if it's like picking at old scabs.

(WARNING, MIGHT BE BIT OF LENGTH HERE)

i begin...1988. I started dating April. She is carefree, heart of gold, beautiful rust colored hair washed in Infusium 23 (and whatever that weird Australian horse shampoo was then, i can't remember now. I remember this from showers together.). Imagine if Julia Robert had a bit heavier sister - that's April. We met while working at Krogers, dated 3 years. her family loved me, i loved them - lots of fun family night get togethers, which was fantastic because my family was all spread out (mom divorced, dad gone, bro at college.) worked together briefly awhile at nearby community college.

April started seeing my best friend in 91. Correction...she was interested in a friend of my best friend at the time, which led her to beginning to see my best friend. ME, being the shithead I was at that age, had grown MUCH too accustomed to her and YEP you got it, I took her for granted. So we split up, and I told her it's ok if you want to see my best friend or whoever.

Now in hindsight, this is fairly mature for us. We were young and dopey, yet could see it had run its course and split amicably. Happily she and I are FB friends to this day, which I love dearly as she's a wonderful person (and has since been married and divorced). BUT when we broke up it was awful. It cost me my job at the time as I was mentally a wreck, I went to the hospital and was treated for depression then and therapy a few months. So anyways - all's fine now.

Point being, super popular song at the time was 'Wicked Game' which used to wreck me when I heard it. I can listen to it now, but makes me all nostalgic for those past days.

Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 12:05 am

I could fill this thread easily LOL

Here are a couple that have some meaning for me tho..

This is more heart ache from a loss...

Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 10:02 am

@desi - wanna talk about it? obviously you don't have to.

it's funny how music both heals and can hurt us (from memories tied to it.)

interesting, for next few girlfriends i had, i don't have any specific tunes tied to the breakups.
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 11:44 am

A couple years ago I met this awesome guy and we hit it off right away. About 3-4 months into it he was hit by an LRT and died, it messed me up pretty bad.

Im just glad I met my current boyfriend, we have a very intense connection and he is definitely the one I can see myself with
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 11:48 am

console Sad sorry, i shouldn't have asked. Note to everybody, I'm good at putting my hoofers in my mouth

i am glad you're within someone special now
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 12:15 pm

in high school we called this the 'uh uh uh uh uh uh' song
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 2:59 pm

Zaphod wrote:
console  Sad    sorry, i shouldn't have asked. Note to everybody, I'm good at putting my hoofers in my mouth

i am glad you're within someone special now

No need to be sorry, it seems silly when I look back on it because we were still in the getting to know each other phase. Once I met my current man I didn't feel so crazy, our connection was way stronger from the start. I also like that we met online but not on a dating site. We fell in love after he saw me on a YouTube livestream hahaha
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 3:43 pm

awwww now that's modern love, a youtube connection!
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 4:30 pm

He's saved me from a horrible YouTube rabbit hole I was being sucked into... there are some messed up people in this world... I learned alot about the limits a person will go to just to watch your reaction to being mind fucked.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 5:32 pm

i hear ya. in school my teachers watched the entire room...sometimes they even CALLED ON ME by name!! petrifying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best breakup tunes or stories   best breakup tunes or stories Empty

Back to top Go down

best breakup tunes or stories
Page 1 of 1