AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inUpcoming movies and news TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Upcoming movies and news EmptyUpcoming movies and news EmptyUpcoming movies and news Empty 
gin (20877)
Upcoming movies and news EmptyUpcoming movies and news EmptyUpcoming movies and news Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Upcoming movies and news

Go down 
+3
ExpletiveDeleted
MrBill60
Zaphod
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaphod

Zaphod

Upcoming movies and news Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 1:23 pm

So.....the Meg.

I remember all the hype and hysteria when Jaws came out (yes I am that old, I remember when it was in theaters.) I wonder if the Meg will capture that fervor.

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Looks fun. I don't know about the fervor, with Jaws 1 -4 , the knock-offs like Orca, and vid games with similar references or themes, I doubt it will recapture that fervor. Jaws had great characters and character development besides the action. I have a feeling this will be mostly action and light on the characters and story, but it might surprise me.
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 2:29 pm

I don't think it will inspire fear of the water like JAWS did. Jaws was real, it could happen it did happen.
It still happens. The first time I went to OZ a year after jaws was released we went to an aquarium in Manly, it was like a huge swimming pool and it only had sharks in it all different types of sharks and the kicker was they were all pulled from Sydney Harbour.

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Damn sharks and Irukandji jellyfish which has venom 100 times as potent as a cobras.  Think I'll stay dry in Australia.
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 6:19 pm

don't forget the blue ringed octopus

I never gave it a second thought when I went in to the surf, its far more dangerous getting in the truck every morning. I don't give that a second thought either come to think of it.

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 9:32 am

I am looking forward to this. I'm a sucker for sea movies - I've seen Perfect Storm, Master and Commander , and the Bounty many many times, among other sea type flicks. There's just something fascinating being stuck out in the water, nothing but waves horizon to horizon.

Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 12:30 pm

u liked Dead Calm?

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 12:33 pm

I have only seen it once years ago, as I recall i liked it ok. You like it Del?
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 1:31 pm

yes I did Billy Zane was especially creepy in it

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Open Water is good if you like edge of your seat kind of suspense.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 9:07 pm

AH MAN...Verne Troyer has died. He was Mini me in the Austin Powers flicks.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu May 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Wow, a remake of Overboard, Hollywood is digging deep creatively.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu May 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Yeah. Thought the same thing. Overboard was mildly funny at best. Can't figure why it deserves a reboot.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu May 10, 2018 9:42 am

NOT really excited about the new Venom. I like Tom Hardy, just something about Venom's look isn't right for me.

Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu May 10, 2018 9:49 am

Zaphod wrote:
NOT really excited about the new Venom. I like Tom Hardy, just something about Venom's look isn't right for me.

Probably because it looks totally fake.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu May 10, 2018 10:06 am

Yeah, and lizards aren't scary to me, plus tentacles have been done before. There's nothing new here. And in spots, Hardy sounds like Adam Sandler.

NOW the Meg I will watch just because Statham's in it. Dude cracks me up, and usually the action is somewhat interesting.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu May 10, 2018 10:09 am

Actually, I rather enjoyed the trailer, until the kooky costume was revealed at the end of it. Tom Hardy makes all the difference though. A lesser actor couldn't pull this off. Even Venom's voice was an eyeroll for me.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu May 10, 2018 10:51 am

you don't like aliens with stereotypical deep gravel voices?

i would like an alien with simon pegg's exact voice, however NO comedy at all.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu May 10, 2018 7:00 pm

For British aliens, there's always Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu May 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Venom looks like a dude in a rubber suit in a 60s Toho movie. Awful.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu May 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Big John wrote:
For British aliens, there's always Doctor Who.

let's not slam classic dr who aliens. the sontaurans are classic, among many others. still frightening to this day. gorn face venom is frightening to zero.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm

woohoo!!! love me the Wick

Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri May 11, 2018 3:14 pm

John Wick vs Jack Reacher, who wins?
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri May 11, 2018 6:05 pm

AH MAN, John, posing the difficult questions...both extremely well trained...both think ahead so that's a null...honestly can only give to Wick for being younger and probably slightly faster than Reacher, skill wise they are equals. Now screen presence wise, OMG Cruise 3x Keanu. I love them both, but Cruise just grabs me more as a person (mind you I get his Reacher persona and his Ethan persona confused as they are 99% the same person.) When Tom is upset, I buy it more than when Keanu is upset.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri May 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Good answer. Let me run it through simulator and see what happens. brb
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri May 11, 2018 6:49 pm

I think the box office would win.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri May 11, 2018 6:56 pm

After 1000 iterations in the simulator, John Wick defeated Jack Reach 692 times. That's a 69.2 win percentage. John Wick vanquishes Jack Reacher and earns the first ever official title of Top Movie Bad Ass.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyFri May 11, 2018 7:15 pm

cool. i wonder why no one has put forth a keanu/cruise pairup movie. battling egos maybe?
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyMon May 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Margot Kidder has passed. I feel bad for her, she had issues in her life but I always felt she was a decent actress.

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyMon May 14, 2018 1:57 pm

That's sad news, she'll always be Lois to me.
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyMon May 14, 2018 3:09 pm

You've got me? Who's got you?

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed May 23, 2018 12:13 pm

I love all the MI movies, regardless of how eye rolling some of the action is. I always get fished in, line and sinker. They DO need to limit how much they are showing in the trailer tho, giving a lot of story away.

Ah man they included that scene where TC snapped his ankle. Wince

Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

Pi-O-My

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed May 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Big John wrote:
After 1000 iterations in the simulator, John Wick defeated Jack Reach 692 times. That's a 69.2 win percentage. John Wick vanquishes Jack Reacher and earns the first ever official title of Top Movie Bad Ass.

Does the winner get the dog?
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed May 23, 2018 7:31 pm

i'm pretty sure for most Wick movies, the dog dies. it's the central motivator really.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

OH UGH. please get a good writer for the story, or pick a good series from the comics.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/5/17431698/joker-jared-leto-standalone-movie-dc-comics-warner-bros
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 3:01 pm

Hereditary - so looking forward to this, looks incredibly creepy. good early reviews too.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 12:29 pm

so looking forward to this

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/80285
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed Jul 11, 2018 5:23 pm

I don't recall who is playing Gambit in the the movie, but I just wanted to say Ashton Kutcher could do a good Gambit portrayal, has all the right qualities.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 1:40 pm

really looking forward to this. I enjoyed Unbreakable a lot, such a weird twist on the superhero story.

Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Zaphod wrote:
really looking forward to this. I enjoyed Unbreakable a lot, such a weird twist on the superhero story.

Wow!  "Unbreakable" was okay.  Bruce Willis was in his "less is more" phase, so his performance borders on wooden (IMO).  I think he was less than thrilled with it as well.  

Split was very good and James McAvoy was excellent in it -- he really was.  So, I'm looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Split scared the heck outta me, so kudos there. JM did an amazing job.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 2:22 pm

2nd Venom trailer out. still looks bleck.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Ashton Kutcher as Gambit? Meh. Not to shit on his chops, he's good, but...

Imo Idris Elba would be a great curveball choice for Gambit. Matthew Mcconaughey could KILL that role. It would be even more awesomesauce to get Mcconaughey to play Longshot.

I could see Kutcher killing it as Havoc.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 12:31 am

Sawyer would make a good Gambit.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptySat Aug 11, 2018 7:15 am

ah bummer, I like both Pine and Hemsworth. I wonder if they will kill them off or what exactly?

http://comicbook.com/startrek/2018/08/10/star-trek-4-chris-pine-chris-hemsworth-exit/
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Venom: bleh. the trailer looks so BORING for this. and I'm a big Hardy fan, but man I think the character/effects of Venom are going to make this a total DUD. Bring on Mad Max 2.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 5:51 pm

I'm guessing this is NOT Cloverfield 4.

Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:48 am

2nd trailer for Glass. I have to say I'm interested, McAvoy's character in Split was very interesting.  Sam J will deliver always as long as he has words to say. Willis looks like he has nothing to say in the trailer, I wonder if this means his character is kinda 3rd party or they are deliberately misleading us?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming movies and news   Upcoming movies and news Empty

Back to top Go down

Upcoming movies and news
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: Movies-