A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vonnegut

PostSubject: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Now that I've made a thread, I'm committed. Will start it today at some point. If I can carve out some knitting time, it will be this afternoon, otherwise tonight after kids are in bed.

Opened a tab on it for later, found it on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:39 pm

love to hear your comments Vonne, enjoyed Torchwood. hai
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Ten minutes in.

Capt Jack <3  It's damn good to see him again.  Suddenly this seems like a good idea.  Sure, I can watch a show with Capt Jack in like every episode.  Why haven't I done this yet?

Cop girl appears like she's going to be our companion-style viewers-discover-stuff-through-her character.  Funny accent.  What is that, Welsh?
I'm disappointed that she has a husband/boyfriend/whatev, because she should be free to go off and adventure and have sex with Jack.

Bringing the guy back to life to try to identify his murderer was awesome.  

I like the surly man with the weird face.

And Naiobe is on this show!?!?!  You didn't tell me!?!?  I love that actress so much.

Okay, back to it.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Shhhhh, dont hate on Rhys.  He's fantastic and you're going to love him.  Gwen/Rhys is up there with the Ponds in ship worthiness.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Oh and yes, that's Welsh you're hearing. The show is set in Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:28 pm

Solid first ep. Sad that Niobe was the bad guy and she killed herself. Loved Jack getting shot in the head and popping back up <3 Bad Wolf <3

Gwen got some Stupid Points by putting it on a computer in the first place. Should have written it down, photocopied it, stuck it everywhere. But anyway.

I love surly guy 55 55 55 Using alien tech to get himself three-ways, omg he's terrible.

I'm still not quite over how much fun it is to see Jack all the time.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Army guy: "Don't mess with me little girl."
Jack: "First off, she's not a little girl. From where I'm standing, all the right curves in all the right places" 55 55 55 OMG JACK
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Ok, so 1, prepare yourself because Torchwood gets much much darker than Who does.

Surely guy is Owen Harper, I told you about him. He's for you, 100%.

Tash is annoying. That never stops being true, sorry about that but everyone else is worthwhile.

Gwen is a badass and her husband Rhys equals Rory and Fitz in the epic husband department.

Ianto is the most adorable, wonderful man. He's too good to be a member of this group.

Jack is Jack. You already know about Jack, but this show gives him the room to really fully be himself.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Oh also, Torchwood begins around the time of S3 Who. So you have started at a perfect time. You are exploring the Torchwood world that is simultaneous with Wartys Who thread.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Okay, second ep done. OMG SEX ALIEN THAT JACK KNOCKS OUT WITH A KISS 55

Owen is super fun and I'm a bit in love.

Gwen's a frisky one, making out with the prisoner and then smooching Jack. What about your boyfriend, ho.

Ironic that I traded this show for SPN, because it had a very SPN vibe to it-- we somehow like This One Human, so we're going to save her even though she's murdering like ten other Humans in the meantime.

Either way, hope Gwen gets better at her job.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:33 pm

Episode 3.

Now THAT was an episode.

First off, John Barrowman is possibly the most sexual animal in existence.
We had literal sex alien last ep, but THIS one was wayyyy more erotic. Seriously, him teaching Gwen to shoot a gun had me needing to light a cig.

I don't even understand how he exists.

Anyway, fun past/future stuff. Owen getting more complex. Tosh is just sort of there. Ianto is so prim.

That Rhys guy is starting to grow on me a bit.

But, fun plot overall, and fun Capt Jack being amazingly sexual.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:26 pm

Episode 4, Cyberwoman.

Well, that was extremely weird 55 Jason walks out while a pterodactyl is attacking a robot woman and Ianto is ugly-crying, and gave me the "what the FUCK are you watching?" look.

And everyone is making out. Is there anyone Gwen is NOT going to make out with on this show? Owen got hotter again, though. Every episode so far. I want to see where this goes.

I like mean Jack Harkness. Keep that edge, babe.

But seriously Ianto, wtf, you delusional fucking psycho. Wow. I hope he gets the help he needs because he is not right in the head.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Fyi, Chris Chibnall wrote that episode.

Who may have some really weird shit in its future....
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:56 pm

Also, I wish more former companions would get spin offs. Doctor Who makes it seem like none of these people are interesting or worthwhile when not traveling with the doctor. But really, I think they are somewhat held back by him because they are always living up to his example. Jack is a fantastic example of this because he was never really going to meet the Doctors impossible standards. That doesn't mean that he's not spectacular in his own way though.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Episode 5, aka "Sometimes even Torchwood has to take the L"

Fairies done kicked the team's ass, trashed Gwen's apartment, murdered Jack's old lover and a couple other people, stole a kid and then go on their merry way.

Way to fail, Torchwood. Way to fail.

The Doctor would have sorted that out way better.

Plus Owen didn't get much screen time.

And Gwen didn't make out with anyone new. Between Tosh and Ianto, I'm betting Ianto is next.

Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:21 pm

Honestly I'm not sure more companions should get spin offs.

Most of them probably couldn't carry a show on their own. Jack can because it's Jack.

Prob Wilf could make an awesome show. I'd watch it.

But really, it's likely for the best that there aren't more.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:22 pm

lol4 lol4 lol4

Gwen and Ianto... as if lulz.... there's going to be a couple that you're going to ship so hard. But you'll never see it coming.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:28 pm

Hmmm.

Will watch at least two more tonight. I can't really marathon until Friday, too little time at home and having to wake up too early.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:46 pm

Countrycide.

At some point in your watch of Supernatural, Ness, I'm going to reference this episode, and we'll laugh.

Gwen, instead of kissing a different member of the team, opts to just go full "bang Owen."

Can't blame her too much, he's insanely sexy, but sucks to be Rhys.

As soon as the woman came in with the shotgun I'm like "this has been people all along, not aliens."

Jack going full Battle Mode was fun.

I'm at the point where I want less plot and more character development.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:45 pm

When I was talking about character development, I didn't mean Tosh.

Sheesh. She's hung up on Owen and banged a lesbian alien.

These things happen, I suppose.

I seriously don't see Owen turning down anything, so I feel like this is really her fault.

Ianto's thoughts were fucking heartbreaking. Dude. Get help or something.

I find it a bit hilarious that even after the Lisa stuff, everyone is still treating him like a piece of furniture.

I'm becoming more of a Harkness fan. He's damn charming and strangely compelling. I like it when he doesn't have morals or a noticeable conscience.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:44 am

Suzie ep was fun.

I like the actress a lot, good to see her again.

And she was banging Owen, too! 55 55 55 Seriously Tosh it's all your fault for not going for it.

Jack is one cold motherfucker and I like it a lot.

And am I misunderstanding or did he and Ianto just set up having sex in his office?
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:36 pm

"Random Shoes" was the most absurd shit I've seen in a long time.

I have no idea what the hell the point of that was, except to suddenly provide Gwen the chance to kiss someone else not her boyfriend.

None of that made any damn sense at all.

This needs to get better, quickly.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:38 pm

lol2 Hey, they can't all be winners, remember?
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:42 pm

Fuck off.

Is the next one worth staying up a little bit late for?
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:51 pm

@vonnegut wrote:

This needs to get better, quickly.

Torchwood was like "CHALLENGE: ACCEPTED."

"Out of Time," what a FANTASTIC episode.

And not just because I had no idea, while Burn Gorman was a mutinous Night Watch man on GoT and the Marshall on Man in the High Castle, that I needed to see his sex face. But oh yes I did. That was very, very, very good.

But the Jack side-story also killed me. Not least because any tie-in to Alzheimer's sets me off bad, after my favorite grandma died of it after 8 years of decline. That was fucking harsh. Jack sitting in the car assisted-suiciding the uncle may have made me cry a little.

And then there's Gwen and her naive 50's teen, which was just fun to watch and made me smile.

Yes, character development, yes, emotional impact.

But OMG Owen and his broken heart. That was brutal. Loved every moment of it.

I need to sleep.

But I also want to know what's next.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Halfway through "Combat."

Gwen is a piece of work. Drugged Rhys so that she could confess to him and make herself feel better without any real consequence 55

I have a feeling Owen is going to bang this Mark dude. Mark definitely wants it.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:10 pm

The First Rule of Weevil Fight Club is that you do not talk about Weevil Fight Club.

No Owen banging anyone in this episode.
So that was disappointing.

Him growling down the Weevils was fucking hilarious and awesome, though.

I also liked Gwen's crying-and-eating-pizza-alone. She is a hot mess.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:05 pm

IANTO JUST SHOT OWEN. WHAT THE FUCK.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:12 pm

So, Jack went back in time to make out with his namesake, Ianto shot Owen completely needlessly, and Gwen wandered around a lot. I'm a bit confused as to why Tosh had to use her own blood instead of, you know, ink or something. That would have worked just as well.

The Ianto/Owen fight was fun, though. I still maintain that Ianto is a fucking psychopath. Get help, dude.

I suppose we'll find out about this Bilis dude next ep. Finale time.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:26 pm

Done with S1.

I don't know about the finale. Was a bit goofy.

But some serious good bits.

Jack firing Owen was BRUTAL.
That hurt just to watch.

The Bilis actor was great.

It was a bit overdrawn, the waiting for Jack to resurrect after destroying the demon, but I liked the aftermath. Ianto gets Jack make-outs, lmfao. And Owen gets Jack forgiveness and cries in his arms a little. I was a bit moved, I gotta say.

Now I need S2 to be really good and more character-focused.

At this point, Tosh is just really fucking pitiful.

Ianto is even more pitiful. And is still basically a piece of furniture, although since shooting Owen he seems to have stepped more into the center.

Gwen is seriously a hot mess. Work on yourself, Gwen. Jesus. And you might as well tell Rhys what the fuck is going on, stop abusing that poor man.

Jack needs more long looks in the mirror. And stop being an asshole to your team. Good that he forgave Owen, who was basically provoked into everything because he cares so much.

Owen is def the most interesting, not just because he's insanely sexy. He's too much heart in a very protective shell, and driven by reactive meanness-- but he's a doctor, which on this show in particular (or, it's universe) carries some extra weight and meaning.

So I'm guessing the end of this episode is the start of Doctor Who S3 finale episodes, with Jack and Martha and the Master and all that.

Going to start S2E1, but have some stuff to do so won't finish until later tonight.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:27 pm

Oh, and Jack's sick burns on his whole team? Tosh and the alien pendant, Ianto and his cybergirlfriend, Owen and the Weevil cage, and Gwen "So in love with Rhys that you spend half your time in Owen's bed" OH SHIIIIIT

I was shook.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Did episode 1. LOVED Jack's old partner. He even has a more lethal version of River Song's lipstick.

Other than that, fairly action-driven thing.

Although Jack did ask Ianto out on a date. That's interesting.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Oh damn, I just recapped what's up and coming for this season. Prepare yourself for some fabulous Jack backstory.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:31 pm

Also, I'm so, so sorry...
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:57 pm

.... don't do that shit, Ness.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:58 pm

I don't trust you and I hate you, WHO IS GOING TO DIE?

If it's Owen I will never speak to you again.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:05 am

Sleeper cells activated. Nuclear apocalypse upon us.

Owen: "What if they can't stop it?"
Tosh: "They'll stop it."
Owen: "But what if they can't?"
Ianto: "Then it's all over."
Owen: "Let's all have sex."
Ianto: "And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse"

lmfaooooo Ianto is nearly being relegated above furniture now.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Episode 3.

That was pretty good, despite being Tosh-centered.

Her love life is a fucking mess.

Neat storyline to this one, though. Sewing up time by putting someone into the future and then having them step back. I liked that.

Owen's looking at Tosh like he's going to give her some of that Owen-Sex.

And Ianto and Jack making out <3 That was great, lol.

Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:06 pm

By the way, I'm so far gone for Owen it's ridiculous.

I don't even comprehend how such an incredibly ugly man can be so insanely attractive. Maybe it's the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:19 pm

I think it's the smirk.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:22 pm

Hey Kelly, promise me that you will watch episodes 6 and 7 back to back, ok? Dont stop between the two, no matter what.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:32 pm

On episode 4 now, Rhys yelling in Jack's face, Jack stops. "This is quite homoerotic." I JUST DIED OMG RIP VONNE LMFAOOOOO
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:32 pm

@Nessess wrote:
Hey Kelly, promise me that you will watch episodes 6 and 7 back to back, ok?  Dont stop between the two, no matter what.

*narrows eyes* Okay...
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:33 pm

@Nessess wrote:
I think it's the smirk.

I don't know, his mouth is SO WEIRD LOOKING.

But he's so fucking intense.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:41 pm

Halfway in.

Owen brooding over Rhys is funny.

Tosh trying to date Owen is really pitiful.

Jack flirting with the office girl at Rhys's work is what I've been missing from my life.
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm surprised Owen hasn't made it into your av or sig yet honestly
Back to top Go down
Nessess

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:50 pm

@vonnegut wrote:
Honestly I'm not sure more companions should get spin offs.

Most of them probably couldn't carry a show on their own.  Jack can because it's Jack.

Prob Wilf could make an awesome show.  I'd watch it.

But really, it's likely for the best that there aren't more.

Just now saw this for some reason.

Donna could have carried a spin off if not for the memory wipe. I'm sure they could find a way to get her memory back without killing her somehow.

Bill could carry a spinoff, especially with Nardole in tow. Lol would it be Nardole and his pet Cyberman, or Bill and her pet Nardole? Maybe they could hook up with Strax. Kind of a Doctor Who take on Threes Company.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Finished ep 4.

I'm glad that we don't have to deal with "keep what I do from Rhys" anymore.

Finally.

Jack showing some signs of humanity here.

While Owen does a mercy killing of suffering alien. That was pretty intense. I got sad.

Good episode.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:15 pm

I don't know if I'd like Bill and Nardole out of the context of the Doctor.

Same with Donna, honestly, she was best because of that relationship.

Jack just has enough past and experience and strength to carry a story on his own.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:37 pm

Ep 5 - DORKY OWEN IS KILLING ME I AM DYING
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread   

Back to top Go down

Torchwood: Vonne First-Watch Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next