AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inMetalfest coming to town TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Metalfest coming to town EmptyMetalfest coming to town EmptyMetalfest coming to town Empty 
gin (20877)
Metalfest coming to town EmptyMetalfest coming to town EmptyMetalfest coming to town Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Metalfest coming to town

Go down 
AuthorMessage
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

Metalfest coming to town Empty
PostSubject: Metalfest coming to town   Metalfest coming to town EmptyWed May 02, 2018 11:22 pm

So today i saw that Slayer is coming to Albany's Times Union Center Arena, and they're bringing Lamb of God, Anthrax, Testament, and somebody else.

I remember really enjoying Testament a long time ago, but can't remember a single song or album title for some reason. I don't think Anthrax has ever made an album i didn't like, i wonder who'll be singing for them, but for me it's a win/win proposition as i really enjoy both vocalists. I never really got into Lamb of God, but i bet they're fucking killer live.

But Slayer. Oh my. Am i not too old to go to a Slayer concert? I'd be scared that i might get myself hurt.

I haven't found out what the ticket prices are like yet, and i'm a little scared of that too.

And these are all bands that i've never seen live, and Slayer and Anthrax are definitely both bands that i've wanted to see live for at least 25 years. I may be too old after all.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Metalfest coming to town   Metalfest coming to town EmptyThu May 03, 2018 6:56 am

I remembered Testament's Practice What You Preach, but i knew there was more to remember, so i looked them up just now. The New Order was an okay thrash album, Practice was a tight album, and Souls of Black was damned good (pardon the pun). Apparently they've released several albums since then, and i don't think i've heard any of that.

The band i didn't remember last night is Napalm Death. Much like Lamb of God, they're a band that i personally never got into, but also i have nothing against them and i'd bet that they kick ass live.

Tickets on the floor are $60, which i'd have trouble justifying, but i'm too damn old for the pit anyway. Choice seating area tix are going for $80~$200, with some jackass trying to get over $2k for one resale ticket (perhaps it comes with a backstage pass or something - i couldn't care much less). Mezzanine tix are available for $20, which would be a whole lot easier to get away with, and in the TUC those are actually better than a lot of the first level seats.

This is being billed as Slayer's last tour. Not necessarily that they're going to stop doing live shows, but chances are that they'll never come within 300 miles of here again.

I also checked to see who's crooning for Anthrax these days. I'd forgotten how many vocalists were involved in their first album, and there were a few stand-in guys i'd never heard of. I assumed it would be either Joey Belladonna or Jon Bush, who are both awesome in my book. I think Bush is a more talented singer, but Belladonna does fine and i think he'll be a lot of fun on stage. It will be Belladonna. Evil

August 1st is a Wednesday. Yeesh. I would definitely need to request the next day off; maybe i could flex the hours and work that Friday instead.

I think i've done my research. A big part of me wants to go, but i'm not nearly convinced that i will. Next step: discuss with Mrs. Mo.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: Metalfest coming to town   Metalfest coming to town EmptyThu May 03, 2018 7:01 am

I had tickets to see Anthrax opening for Iced Earth back in January 2002, but after 9/11 and the anthrax mail scare, Anthrax and Ticketmaster decided the timing was poor for an Anthrax tour. I was offered my choice of my money back or exchange for the new offering, Iced Earth opening for Megadeth several months later in the same year. That was surprisingly nice (probably the only time in my life i've used that adjective to describe anything involving Ticketmaster) because iirc the Megadeth/Iced Earth tix cost almost twice as much as what i'd paid for Iced Earth/Anthrax, and as the venue was just a large nightclub, there was no assigned seating or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metalfest coming to town   Metalfest coming to town Empty

Back to top Go down

Metalfest coming to town
Page 1 of 1