AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Rain on Netflix TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
The Rain on Netflix EmptyThe Rain on Netflix EmptyThe Rain on Netflix Empty 
gin (20877)
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

The Rain on Netflix

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
davidalan

davidalan

The Rain on Netflix Empty
PostSubject: The Rain on Netflix   The Rain on Netflix EmptyMon May 07, 2018 4:24 pm

The Rain is a series from Denmark and is being shown on Netflix. It's another post-apocalyptic madhouse, but I'm two episodes in and I like the pacing and the people. You can watch it in original Danish with subtitles or in dubbed English which, imo, sounds bad. Give it a shot if the world isn't depressing enough or if you enjoy rooting for the deeply underfoot underdog. Bring your umbrella.  

dramatic  pool sick  fish scrd
Back to top Go down
Tawaret

Tawaret

PostSubject: Re: The Rain on Netflix   The Rain on Netflix EmptyTue May 08, 2018 9:53 am

I started this one last night. I made it through episode 3. I like it. The dubbing is a little annoying but I was watching and washing dishes so they were necessary. I think I'll switch to the subs tonight.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Rain on Netflix   The Rain on Netflix EmptyTue May 08, 2018 10:11 am

Glad you're enjoying it. It's quite a good show.
Back to top Go down
Tawaret

Tawaret

PostSubject: Re: The Rain on Netflix   The Rain on Netflix EmptyTue May 08, 2018 11:01 am

I like the pacing. I thought it was going to be your basic apocolyptica show. But it's approached in a way I appreciate. They don't spoon feed you what's going on while keeping the characters in the dark.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Rain on Netflix   The Rain on Netflix EmptyTue May 08, 2018 10:25 pm

Finished episode 3. I like the push of pull of it. Trying for something more but forgetting and then remembering what world they live in now. Let your guard down and blammo. I felt bad for Simone when she was sort of on her own. Things didn't work out. She witnessed the result. More than one result. Beatrice! What's her story? Oh I liked the double bus shelter experience. I don't trust the meaning of the electronic map.

Episode 2 was more Martin based. He's sadly sympathetic. I get him. Don't trust until you can. What happens to healthy survivors? Waterways look ominous.

Episode 1 was of course Simone and Rasmus. Rasmus toned up fast for however old he is now, but what else was he going to do? Simone seems a worthy heroine.
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

PostSubject: Re: The Rain on Netflix   The Rain on Netflix EmptyMon May 14, 2018 6:59 pm

I just finished this, it was pretty good and I'd recommend it.

It kind of reminded me a bit of lost with the scientists, bunkers,and mystery and a bit of walking dead with trying to outrun / hide from all encompassing death.

I really liked Beatrice's character and thought she stole the show.

One thing that bothered me was ammunition. If the group was surviving for 6 years with no civilization or manufacturing, where is a continous supply of ammo coming from? They all seem to travel fairly light so they can't carry that much rifle ammo. But at no time do they ever seem conserned with conservation of ammo or where to resupply. It's something that the walking dead certainly take into account and while it's a small gripe it still bugs me.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Rain on Netflix   The Rain on Netflix EmptyMon May 14, 2018 9:08 pm

I finished it too. I'm not sure I liked entirely where the whole thing ended up, but I see why it did.

Beatrice is a trip. Or is just a needy little liar. Regardless I definitely like her.

The flashbacks as a construct with secrets revealed did remind me of Lost. But most of the images that seemed "borrowed" reminded me way more of the Walking Dead. Especially the disaster after Simone's random act of kindness. And also Terminus anyone? I wish that could have been a double episode.

The deal at the end with contagiousness and immunity confused me at first but I think I pieced it out. And actually when I did I liked that aspect better, but mostly because then the dog becomes extra special symbolic.

As for ammo, I think that there were caches or raids, but it would have been better to see how a small band rearmed itself. I wonder if Martin scavenged off his comrades. If I understand the system, the quarantined army was likely resupplied, and could be easily raided or scavenged. I think the first bunker would have had some arms as well, and that should/could have been shown. I think also that six years is a lot of time period for anyone outside of a bunker. And generally to stay out of the rain. But one thing I did like about the show is that it wasn't giving us all of the answers all of the time, and so I had to rely on my imagination. Or that famous quote: What would Rick do?  

In the end, and in a strange way, Patrick and Lea were the most interesting, because each involved deliberate ostracism by others. But I liked all six.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rain on Netflix   The Rain on Netflix Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rain on Netflix
Page 1 of 1