AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inArrested Development  TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Arrested Development  EmptyArrested Development  EmptyArrested Development  Empty 
gin (20877)
Arrested Development  EmptyArrested Development  EmptyArrested Development  Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Arrested Development

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrBill60

MrBill60

Arrested Development  Empty
PostSubject: Arrested Development    Arrested Development  EmptyFri May 25, 2018 1:50 am

I had a Twilight Zone experience when I went to Netflix and noticed that Arrested Development had new episodes and I started watching believing it was the brand new season.   It was so familiar and yet so different.   I thought the first episode was just recapping the previous season (season 4), and then it went on to episode 2 and continued referencing  that season, and finally I realized that something was up - that this was season 4 but something was very different.    I was totally confused because I didn't recognize any of the titles.  I thought that maybe Hurwitz disowned S4 and replaced it with a completely new set of episodes (He probably should have).  Well, almost...

Season 4 has been replaced with a re-edited version.  If you remember, each episode in season 4 focused on an individual character mostly due to scheduling conflicts with the actors. I wasn't a fan of the style or the flow.  In this remixed version, they actually re-cut the season and rearranged the scenes in the right sequence and tried to include all of the characters in each episode. I believe there's also a new narration by Ron Howard, but not certain.   I'm on episode 3 and it still doesn't live up to the first seasons but it flows much better and is much more in the style of the original run.

The good news is that Season 5 is dropping on Netflix on May 29.  Hopefully it'll be better than season 4 in any version.

Hey, it's a new start! - Lic Pl# ANUSTART   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

Arrested Development  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrested Development    Arrested Development  EmptyWed May 30, 2018 4:52 pm

Checking out Season 5 and so far it's pretty entertaining.  Wow, does Jessica Walter look fantastic for closing in on 80.  I respected Michael in the early seasons for at least trying,  but he's sort of an ass in the latest seasons.  I guess that's why it's lost something for me.

Ron Howard spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Arrested Development
Page 1 of 1