AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inCastle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyCastle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyCastle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Empty 
gin (20877)
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyCastle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyCastle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Castle Rock - HULU

Go down 
+3
Big John
davidalan
sandi
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Big John

Big John

Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 10:58 pm

I'm now wondering if by killing rev Deav, Molly somehow released Henry.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 4:32 am

davidalan wrote:
So much new good stuff you all. I gotta tell you though I especially love the idea that Molly's breath might have been Henry's breath. I wonder then if everything that happened to Henry Molly felt. And if Henry was initially "possessed" or something, Molly was too.

Not only that David, but Molly might know what Henry can't remember.  She may be aware of exactly what happened to him and the Rev. Deaver during that time.

And this is why, I'm trying to determine the sequence of events around Molly's flashbacks.  I've wondered from the beginning if Molly killed Rev. Deaver because she was so connected to Henry that she acted as if she was him or if something else was going on.  Now, it seems that Molly might have been aware that Rev. Deaver was an "it" and no longer the Rev.  So, we now have Molly, either acting as Henry or Molly, protecting Henry/Ruth by killing the Rev. Imposter.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 4:49 am

The more I think about what we know and don't know, the more tangents my mind wanders along.

Warden Lacy claims God visited him in his dreams for 6 nights -- told him where to find No Name and how to construct his prison. I believe Lacy initially believed this and maybe did until he committed suicide. And I believe this happened. But now, I wonder if it was God and if it wasn't who, or what was it that steered him to No Name and had him construct a prison for him.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 5:57 am

One of the key questions I have is:  Why did Warden Lacy tell No Name to ask for Henry Matthew Deaver?

During one of his flashbacks to his final visit with No Name, Lacy mentions "the crazy story" No Name told him when he (Lacy)  captured him (No Name).  I'm wondering if that "crazy story" has eaten away at Lacy over the years and has caused him to seriously doubt his actions.  I'm also wondering if part of that "crazy story" involves Henry Deaver (maybe someone No Name doesn't know by name but Lacy deduced).  This seems like it may be so -- especially when you add in the statues -- the one 1991 Henry was clutching in his hand when rescued and the one No Name carved in 2018.  There has to be a connection there -- it's too specific to be a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 11:09 am

Big John wrote:

Ep1, Lacy offs himself right where Pangborn found Henry in 1991. Henry drives there to check it out. As he approaches the cliff, a figure which looks like young Henry appears behind him, watching him. When Henry turns around, young Henry is not there.

Ep2 shows Zalewski freaking out when he sees/hallucinates all the dead guards on the monitors. What he is seeing appears to be the result of his rampage which hasn't happened yet.

Adding to that scene:  
CASTLE ROCK LAKE/HENRY ARRIVES ON THE BLUFF WHERE WARDEN LACY COMMITTED SUICIDE/THERE'S AN INFORMAL MEMORIAL AGAINST ONE OF THE TREES/HENRY PICKS UP A TEDDY BEAR FROM THE ITEMS LEFT THERE/HENRY'S BREATH CAN BE SEEN AND WHEN HE LOOKS UP, SEES SNOW FALLING/HENRY TURNS TOWARDS THE LAKE AND STARTS WALKING TO THE EDGE OF THE BLUFF/PANGBORN'S WORDS FROM HENRY'S RESCUE IN 1991 PLAY OVER THE SCENE:  Shhh it!  Said it was minus-forty last night.  You know how cold that is?  Freeze to death in an hour.  And you've been gone for eleven days.  So what happened out there?/BY THE TIME HENRY REACHES THE BLUFF'S EDGE THE GROUND IS COVERED WITH SNOW/THE CAMERA DRAWS BACK AND WE SEE THE BACK OF WHAT LOOKS LIKE YOUNG HENRY DEAVER STARING AT THE BACK OF ADULT HENRY DEAVER/HENRY SEEMS TO FEEL SOMEONE IS WATCHING/HE LOOKS BACK OVER HIS SHOULDER BUT NO ONE IS THERE AND THE SNOW IS NOW ALL GONE.

So, what exactly happened there?

Was Henry re-living some kind of memory -- with the snow and young Henry figments of his imagination?

Also taking into context -- while Henry was driving to the bluff, Molly was down in her basement looking at his Missing Poster from 1991 and handling his red hoodie from that era.  So, did Molly, knowingly or not, somehow conjure up the snow and young Henry?

Also taking into context -- During this time on the bluff, No Name had exited his cell and Zalewski is experiencing what appears to be his rampage seeing the dead guards on the monitors -- a future event.  (These scenes also appear at the end of episode one.)

Time is a question on all three of these scenes and the scenes appear to happen at the same time with the action switching back and forth.

So, any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 11:48 am

Excellent observations and tie ins. No idea what it all means.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 12:10 pm

I think that Henry was "visualizing" his memory. A necessary technique for us the viewers. I think that No Name was hearing all the past and maybe the present and the future on the roof. I think that No Name was also visualizing the past at the Happy Birthday House. Maybe his tangible past? As for Zalewski I wonder if the carnage image he saw first was planted in his mind by whatever duality No Name may be (in other words his evil half) or by some other force if No Name isn't quite the duality he appears to be. By that I mean he (they) don't perceive themselves as evil but are maybe like the weather and all the elements: just there. Or there is some specifically evil force (under the church, I'm tellin' ya) that has infiltrated No Name and maybe tried to do so with Henry and with others and used or played with Zalewski. I don't know though. I still can't land. That quote from No Name to Pangborn about helping Ruth. That throws an obstacle to my thinking. Is No Name wanting to help Ruth (and Pangborn) really? Or is this a ploy to strengthen some sort of evil grip on things (kind of a Faustian deal with the devil). Or again does No Name even have a moralistic point of view? Is he just who he is? Is it Wednesday yet?
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Question for everyone.

Why do you think Warden Lacy killed himself?
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Great question Sandi.

I think it's two things: 1 - they talked about how he was forced to retire, and for some people their work is their life. So maybe he couldn't cope with that. Add to that 2 - guilt over keeping the devil kid locked up, even if Lacy believed he was the devil - it's tough imprisoning someone, regardless of how evil you think they are. I'm sure it's wearing on the soul wondering if they'll ever escape.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Pn January 9, 1991, rev Deav takes Henry for a hike near castle lake. Is this something he often did with Henry? More and more I'm suspicious of rev Deav.

I think Lacy killed himself from touching NN. The 27 years is up and Pennywise is due to return. NN has to be released. It was Lacy's suicide and the string of events that followed which led to NN's release.

Has it begun. How exactly does it begin each time? Is there a pattern? What is the first thing that happens which let's us know it has begun? I'm asking this question because it may not be the disappearance of child. There may be some other event that let's us know, or at least let's NN know, that it has begun. Like... a wildfire.

Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Yes I've been suspicious of Rev Deav also.

As far as touching No Name what do we have?

---Lacy deliberately touching No Name.
---No Name warning the thuggy inmate that he (NN) doesn't like to be touched. The inference is that thuggy inmate began assaulting No Name and paid the price.
---Zalewski offering a fist bump. No Name copying that hand shape. And then Z finishing the fist bump. Am I remembering that correctly?

So is it touching anywhere or is it just the hand to hand? If it's just hand to hand then NN can avoid most touching situations. He could imply he doesn't like to be touched and most people would accommodate him because he's not what I would call a rowdy prisoner. But what about a medical examination? There had to be one. What about taking a pulse? Or could No Name's discomfort of being touched led to some other method of examination? Or did the prison even bother? Plus the three touches that I know of or can guess (maybe the thuggy prisoner one is still ambiguous) occurred in the prison itself. What about anywhere else? The room above the real estate place for instance? I don't know. Maybe No Name could have communicated to the blond woman that he doesn't like to be touched and she could have complied. Was he also able to put his clothes back on before she noticed him? Maybe. Because how they related later suggests that she wasn't creeped out by him. Although she's kind of a pseudo-celebrity nut, as in when she was asking Henry about his three frostbitten toes. So maybe No Name could have avoided her and could have communicated through body language that touching him's a no go. I wonder if he even or ever understood how dangerous it might be to touch him. I wonder he knew instinctively. Then again we can't escape the I can help Ruth exchange. At that point did he figure things out? Or is he still acting on instincts?

Oh No Name you are a mystery! In fact, so are you, Henry Deaver.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 8:30 am

Big John wrote:
Officer to young Molly, "We found Father Deaver. He's barely alive at the bottom of a cliff at Castle lake ... Did he (Henry) talk about wanting to hurt his father?"

Molly replies, "It's not his father."

Molly could be referring to the fact that rev Deav is not Henry's bio father. However, she says "It's" not his father. To me, that sounds more like she is saying rev Deav is not really rev Deav anymore. Hmm....

We can tell from Ruth Deaver's demeanor and reaction that she doesn't appear to mourn the loss of her husband in any way.  In fact, I get the impression that she was fearful of him.

If Rev Deaver was indeed an "it", when did that change occur?  Given Ruth's demeanor and the fact that Rev Deaver died shortly after being found and before Henry was found, I think Rev. Deaver changed to an "it" within a few years before Henry went missing.

It certainly calls back into play the "exploding coffin" and maybe that isn't what we saw at all.  Maybe while buried, that particular "it" couldn't escape the confines of the dead body it was buried in, but now is free.  (Perhaps Ruth understood that when she saw that his body had been recovered from the cemetery in Bangor.  She certainly looked afraid to me.)

And I wonder if Molly, Henry and possibly Ruth saw Rev. Deaver's likeness when looking at "it" masquerading as Rev. Deaver or if they were able to see beyond the "shell" and saw the entity that replaced the Reverend?

Here's some additional information from episode one about Rev. Deaver's backstory.  I'm also going to post this in the timeline thread.  (NOTE:  Anyone coming across similar information -- whether in the scripts, screencaps or just from watching -- please post that in the timeline thread and I'll periodically update the timeline itself.)

Since this is an anthology series in the Castle Rock Universe, I feel TPTB will be planting seeds for the future seasons now, so I think the timeline will be very helpful later.

Here's that info on Rev. Deaver's backstory ... from the transcript.
S01E01 conversation between warden porter and henry deaver wrote:

HENRY DEAVER:  I'm sorry to hear about your predecessor.  Always heard nice things about him.  My, uh ... father worked here -- visited a lot, anyway ... back in the eighties.

WARDEN T. PORTER:  Oh, really?  Corrections?

HENRY DEAVER:  Ecclesiastes.  Pastor.  He led Bible study from time to time.

Add that to Cell Block F being burned down due to a Christmas fire in 1987.  Maybe something happened to the Reverend at that time?
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 8:49 am

I just had a thought. What if we No Name all wrong?

Here's what I'm putting together.

Warden Lacy said that No Name told him a "crazy story" when he captured him.

Young Molly says Rev. Deaver is an "it" not a "he" but an "it".

Someone (maybe Henry) might have pushed Rev. Deaver off of the bluff in an attempt to kill him or rather "it".

Molly finished the job and killed Rev. Deaver or rather "it"

Rev. Deaver's body is unearthed. (Ruth looked scared at that.)

Big John wrote:
"Has it begun" was spoken by No Name to Henry during their chat inside Shawshank.
NN also asks Henry how old he is during this scene.

What if No Name is a "hunter" of sorts and is tracking the Rev. Deaver "it" by the misery "it" brings?

No Name has been buried in a cage for 27 years of relative good times in Castle Rock, but Rev. Deaver's remains have also been buried for 27 years.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 9:12 am

Also, Warden Lacy was a church-goer.  Here's his obit from TPTB facebook page.

tagged for size:

... church community
... Bible study

I think it's possible that the Rev. Deaver IT may have been that voice of God that Lacy heard back in 1991 and that Rev. Deaver IT used Lacy to eliminate his enemy. I think that's possible.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 9:31 am

Somewhere I saw/read something to the effect that Rev Deaver used to take Henry camping? fishing? something to do outdoors?

Pangborn heard that loud rending/howling noise right before Henry appeared in the middle of the lake.

What if somewhere around Castle Lake bluff there's a portal between our world and an alternate world of some kind?  What if that noise is the opening or closing of that portal?

What if some bad entity escaped and inhabited Rev. Deaver on one of those outdoor excursions?  And what if some good entity followed to hunt it down and inhabited Henry?  

What if that good entity was forced to abandon Henry for a new body -- No Name's?

What if Henry's memory is wiped and he's left with a statuette he carved when the entity was inhabiting his body?
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 10:18 am

Interesting theories. To add on to the thought that NN is a hunter, maybe NN was inhabited by PW at some point but then PW left his body, and perhaps PW left it hurriedly. In such, NN was imbued with certain abilities. One of those abilities could be a connection to or knowledge of PW's movements, locations, hosts, etc..., like a tracking device.

This would explain the same actor playing PW in It as well as covering NN's current state of affairs.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Zaphod -- more importantly -- what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 12:52 pm

Lacy from episode 5:

" So I built my ark and when his voice came into my dreams for six nights in a row, he told me exactly where he would stand at the quarry. The reason, the stain, the curse on our town, dragging evil behind you everywhere you went. And when I brought you down here, I was on fire with the Holy Spirit, righteous, and so strong. And-and you looked you looked so small next to my faith. And now now you still look small. But I look old. I am old. After all these years, I still don't know what you really are or if I did the right thing. Do you remember that crazy story you told me your first night in here?"

Lacy built the cage January 16, 1991 which was the 7th day that Henry was missing back then.
(see my last post in the timeline thread about this date.)

Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 2:29 pm

sandi wrote:
Zaphod -- more importantly -- what are your thoughts?  

Well, I am not thinking NN is Pennywise, as that seems very obvious and I think the writers would throw in a twist rather than that. I seem to be way in the minority but I think NN might be a version of Leland Gaunt (Needful Things). That guy manipulated people's minds to get them to do evil to each other, which seems to be what NN is doing. He could even be a version of Kurt Barlow, the vampire from Salem's Lot. NN did not seem to like the sunlight at all, and he's not afraid of heights. And he's all silent, like a vampire would be.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Zaphod wrote:
I seem to be way in the minority but I think NN might be a version of Leland Gaunt (Needful Things). That guy manipulated people's minds to get them to do evil to each other, which seems to be what NN is doing.

There's nothing wrong with being in the minority. And discussion is all about sharing different thoughts, so jump in frequently.

I do think that NN is more of an observer than an active participant but I could be very wrong. We'll know more the more we can observe him with other people and events.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Thanks - it's just that so far out of all the theories I've read, NOBODY else has mentioned Leland Gaunt - which makes me think I'm barking up the wrong tree ?

I'd be fine if he's a brand new character we've not read about before - always room for new creepy characters in the CR universe.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Zaphod wrote:
Thanks - it's just that so far out of all the theories I've read, NOBODY else has mentioned Leland Gaunt - which makes me think I'm barking up the wrong tree

It's been my experience, at the end of the day, that nobody gets it all right. So you have just as much chance as everybody else. *grins*

Ultimately, I do think this will be a brand new character but it might be a character that could explain some past unexplained deaths or events in the Castle Rock Universe.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:00 pm

No Name reminds me of many different SK characters (and believe me I don't know all of the characters in the SK universe) including some non-villain types like John Coffee from The Green Mile (the movie which I've seen, not the book which I haven't read). No Name, like John Coffee, reminds me of someone who's been cursed by circumstances. Henry Deaver seems the same way. Molly. Maybe much of the town and area.

eta: Oops. Sorry for squeezing into your conversation! facepalm

Last edited by davidalan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:00 pm

that's true. and begs another question: how invested in the CR lore does one need to be to put up "valid" ideas? does a viewer have to have read every single novel/short story, and if not, do the fans who read ALL the SK stuff have a weightier opinion? I ask because I believe except for the most recent stuff (King, the 1963 story and later), I've read all of his stuff, but I FAR from feel like any sort of expert.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:09 pm

davidalan wrote:
No Name reminds me of many different SK characters (and believe me I don't know all of the characters in the SK universe) including some non-villain types like John Coffee from The Green Mile (the movie which I've seen, not the book which I haven't read). No Name, like John Coffee, reminds me of someone who's been cursed by circumstances. Henry Deaver seems the same way. Molly. Maybe much of the town and area.

eta: Oops. Sorry for squeezing into your conversation!  facepalm

Maybe the whole town has been curse?  And don't be silly -- this is OUR conversation -- all are welcome here -- jump in whenever -- it makes for a better discussion, IMO.

Zaphod wrote:
that's true. and begs another question: how invested in the CR lore does one need to be to put up "valid" ideas? does a viewer have to have read every single novel/short story, and if not, do the fans who read ALL the SK stuff have a weightier opinion? I ask because I believe except for the most recent stuff (King, the 1963 story and later), I've read all of his stuff, but I FAR from feel like any sort of expert.

What's great about this tv series is -- you don't have to invested in any past lore at all.  I sincerely believe just watching this show is investment enough to discuss and all ideas are valid.  I promise you -- if you accept my ideas and think about them -- I'll do the same with yours.

And no, reading all of SK's stories does not give someone a weightier opinion. In fact, I don't think anyone's opinion is weightier than someone else's. And someone who isn't well-versed may have at an advantage as they might not approach the mysteries with any pre-conceived ideas.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:21 pm

exactly. i think i am at a disadvantage re figuring things out story wise, as i'm trying to see all the tie-ins. bravo writers, if that's your intention to misdirect us, well played.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:32 pm

I don't look for tie-ins unless I feel like I've been down that King road before. For me, the tie-ins or Easter Eggs are just fun.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Zaphod wrote:
Well, I am not thinking NN is Pennywise, as that seems very obvious and I think the writers would throw in a twist rather than that.  I seem to be way in the minority but I think NN might be a version of Leland Gaunt (Needful Things). That guy manipulated people's minds to get them to do evil to each other, which seems to be what NN is doing. He could even be a version of Kurt Barlow, the vampire from Salem's Lot. NN did not seem to like the sunlight at all, and he's not afraid of heights. And he's all silent, like a vampire would be.

Invalid!

sandi wrote:
There's nothing wrong with being in the minority.

Except for all the well deserved persecution.

Zaphod wrote:
I'm barking up the wrong tree ?

Finally, something we can agree on.

davidalan wrote:
believe me I don't know all of the characters in the SK universe

I totally believe you, especially since you didn't recognize Zaphod from Dr Sleep about a guy who makes you yawn every time he speaks.

----------

Sorry all, but if I don't let my wise ass flag fly from time to time, I go a little cray cray. Forgive me.

Seriously now, I think NN had to be PW at least during the first PW incarnation in It. I'm not sure in what year the first half of It takes place, but whenever it was, NN was PW at that time.

SK fans and similar ilk will recognize the actor as PW from It and that is our jumping off point for the series. What happens to NN and PW after It is the mystery we're faced with. How did PW return to just being NN? What's up with that?

To cast the same actor as a main, mysterious, mystical character in the same universe as It but that character is not any version of PW, whether it be historically or current, is absolutely, utterly, and totally absurd. It's way too big of a thing. It's an inconsistency in the narrative.

Now, if this series had come out several years after the movie, and Skarsgard was cast as a minor player as a nod to the movie, I could buy that. Right here, right now, given the nature of the character, NFW.

It's a dirty trick, to do such a thing and really, it isn't necessary. I've done a lot of reading about PW. I know what the character is/represents. No dirty tricks needed to make this story great.

Having said all that, despite a lot of evidence that this story is about Pennywise, it may not be. Don't know how they could pull that off though, given all the parallels.

/rant

Pics of NN's structure coming shortly.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:49 pm

J - pushing buttons. if you want me to go away J, just say so, otherwise don't push buttons. abs fine going silent a month or two.

Last edited by Zaphod on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 pm

So, I'm re-watching episode two.  Henry Deaver visits the Lacy house, hoping that the late Warden Lacy had information about NN in his home office.  After Martha Lacy discovers who he is she asks him to leave.  (She and her husband were members of Rev. Deaver's congregation and it's plain to see she thinks like others in town -- that Henry killed the Reverend.)  It's at this point that Henry notices a big padlock on the basement door.  He asks about it and Martha's reply is -- don't make me call the state police.  So he leaves.

locked door -- tagged for size:

It looks like Lacy was keeping more than one secret prisoner.

Big John wrote:
Having said all that, despite a lot of evidence that this story is about Pennywise, it may not be. Don't know how they could pull that off though, given all the parallels

TPTB can get away with Bill Skarsgård's casting as Pennywise in the movies and as someone else in the tv series because they are doing it with some of the other cast as well. Sissy Spacek for one -- Carrie. (I know it's not recent but still ...)

Don't get me wrong, I would not be disappointed if Skarsgård is PW in this series and his stint here is a bridge between IT one and two, but there's a good chance he's cast as someone or something else in this series and I'm well on my way to buying into that as I think a lot of people probably are as well.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Big John wrote:
Sorry all, but if I don't let my wise ass flag fly from time to time, I go a little cray cray. Forgive me

Well you are asking for forgiveness ...

And everyone is welcome in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 7:01 pm

thinking differently. there are bullies here. so going to absentia for a time, and maybe return in the future.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Zaphod wrote:
thinking differently. there are bullies here. so going to absentia for a time, and maybe return in the future.

This has been a great discussion thread. We are all having a lot of fun discussing possibilities and theorizing -- thinking of solutions to the many mysteries. I haven't had this much fun in a discussion thread in a long long time.

Everyone needs to treat everyone with respect in this thread. If anyone has an issue with another poster, take to pm's or mods or whatever else you need to do, but please don't derail an excellent thread over these issues.

Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Relax Zapper. I may have been having a little fun at your expense, but it was all in fun. Besides, I'm an equal opportunity wise ass to which I'm sure David and others will attest. Now dry your eyes, blow your nose and let's get on with it.

NN's structure:

Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crstru10

Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crstru12

Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crstru11

Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Zalewski's rendering
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crstru13

NN's cell
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crcell10
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Lightened it up best I could.
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crcell11

Looks to me like NN recreated his cell.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 7:52 pm

psychologically it makes sense to me that NN would recreate a cage or a cave with bars.

as for henry's what's in the basement picture, I wish I could see what's behind him as well. the stuff on the wall.

anyone know/remember how long martha's been blind?
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Thank-you for those caps, BJ.  I didn't realize how big that cage in Molly's second story was.

davidalan wrote:
psychologically it makes sense to me that NN would recreate a cage or a cave with bars.

as for henry's what's in the basement picture, I wish I could see what's behind him as well. the stuff on the wall.

anyone know/remember how long martha's been blind?

I think davidalan is right about NN recreating the cage -- after 27 years, maybe he needs it to feel safe?

Henry's what's in the basement picture -- that's Lacy's office wall behind him (Henry is standing in the hallway with that wall as a back drop.  I have two caps -- best I could get.

tagged for size:

I don't know how long Martha's been blind but I will keep my eye out for any information on that.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 pm

The contents of the basement were shown in ep 3 or 4. Molly and Jackie were checking out the property for Molly to list. I'll pay pics of it later. Im at trivia night at the moment.

Last edited by Big John on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Ricksters

The Ricksters

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Seems like I have been waiting for 2 weeks for the next new episode.   tap
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 11:13 pm

well when you're older time takes on a peculiar pacing. tap
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 11:26 pm

This scene is from ep 3 beginning somewhere around the 22:45 mark. Prior to this scene we are shown several examples of how Molly feels what Henry feels. One of those examples comes immediately before this scene. I believe what we are being shown is a Molly witnessing rev Deav take Henry into the woods on January 9, 1991.

Molly awakens in the middle of the night and goes to her window.
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crmoll12

Molly witnesses rev Deav drive away with Henry
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crmoll19

The scene flashes back and forth from Molly in her room to rev Deav and Henry in the woods a couple times.

Molly back in bed.
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crmoll16

Rev Deav in the woods saying to Henry, "Do you hear it?" Pause. "Do you hear it now?"Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crmoll18

Molly wakes in a cold sweat and she can see her breath.
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crmoll15

Last thing we see in this sequence is Henry running away while rev Deav calls out, "Henry!"
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crmoll17

WTF is going on?
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 1:07 am

The new episode dropped at midnight. I watched it right away. Will hold off on posting.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 1:21 am

Post to your hearts delight.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 1:49 am

From ep 3. Other than a copy of young Henry's missing child poster, this is the only significant/curious thing we've been shown in the Lacy basement, or as Jackie refers to it "nice murder basement."

Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crbase10

The camera didn't span the rest of the basement when Jackie delivered that line. What was Jackie seeing? There will probably be more to come in the basement. The only thing we're shown is the area at the bottom of the stairs. The rest of the basement has yet to be revealed.

Mrs. Lacy was still living there when Henry got to town. As of ep 3, Henry hasn't been in town but a few days, or so I think. Could be longer I suppose. In that time, however long it was, the house got trashed and appears vacated, and somehow Molly got the listing. So, where did Mrs. Lacy go?
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 3:23 am

Big John wrote:
From ep 3. Other than a copy of young Henry's missing child poster, this is the only significant/curious thing we've been shown in the Lacy basement, or as Jackie refers to it "nice murder basement."

Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Crbase10

BJ -- that's Molly's box containing her little toy hourglass, 11 yr old Henry's missing poster and the red plaid hoodie she took from his house back in 1991.

In episode one, Molly goes down into the basement (which I thought was her basement), grabs this box, sets the timer, looks at the poster and then holds the hoodie. Right as the timer runs out, (probably a minute timer), she stuffs the shirt back in the box.

Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 4:05 am

New Episode

S01E06 "Filter"  airing August 15th -- today (it's up now on Hulu)

Stop here if you haven't seen this episode.

NOOOOOOO! One more minute -- just one more minute!

Talk about a cliffhanger! TR -- you thought waiting for this week's episode was long. For me, it's going to be like forever until next week!
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 4:23 am

Talking about the episode in detail. Walk away if you don't want to know...

I liked this episode but it felt like a dream. Parts crashing into parts. But a lot of the characters were separated. I think initially I'll talk about the separate characters. In no particular order. But I know already I'll need to watch the episode again, because I know I'll forget things.

Molly:

She confesses a lot of stuff to Henry who rejects her and with some foul language on top. Outside of contact with modern Henry, she seems like a ghost. In fact, she seems to see one. The blond woman, rather important last week, has a cameo by the real estate sign.

Henry:

We learn that he was adopted from foster care at the age of five. His son Wendell shows up. Their relationship is a little tense but not impossible. Henry takes No Name to Juniper Hills and that's that (yeah right) but after Henry had walked in on No Name watching a video of Henry and his dad, Henry decides to retrace his steps from years back. He ends up deep in the woods. But the video he's using as a guide runs out of juice, but Henry continues (as opposed to going back). He checks his phone: it reads 9:13. Yes I've already checked Bible quotes, and maybe one or two sort of work. I was hoping that the two chaps Henry runs into in the woods would have the name Amos or Isaiah (although it could be Matthew after Henry's father or any other of the biblical books) but it's Willie and something Branch. They were at the second funeral but kept their distance. Was Mr. Branch at the first? Anyway the three have the weirdest but intriguing triangular conversation, as Branch is apparently deaf (or something) and Willie operates as translator and ward of the woods. Anyway Branch has built this room in their camper and after a time Henry is coaxed inside, and undergoes an experience similar to parts of 2001. This is all about hearing the voice of God? I'm a little skeptical, except that the Branch and Willie combo pull me closer to believing.

No Name:

Again he's quiet but when he's watching Henry as a kid, and Henry comes in, it's almost as though No Name is expecting him. Henry shuts off the device, and proceeds to drive No Name to Juniper Hills where things don't go very well. I'm sure that someone made the mistake of touching No Name and that person started the fire we heard about on Pangborn's radio. But earlier than that, the crow crashing to the ground was kind of fun. As for No Name, he didn't seem to mind what was probably a bunch of circuitous distraction, because in due course he ended up back at the Deaver house. Panghorn showed up and told No Name that whatever they needed was coming tomorrow? No Name then almost scowled when he said: How could you lock me in the trunk of that car? Or something like that. No Name has blood and/or a cut on him. Panghorn runs into the house and finds it a mess. A crime scene mess. Right here I could have used another episode.

Oh No Name looks like David Byrne from the Talking Heads in the too big suit. It's also funny when he just walks back into the house, slips off his shoes, as though he belonged there.

Ruth:

What's interesting about Ruth in this episode takes place during the conversation with her grandson Wendell. It's about the coping strategy of chess pieces and from her pov the circularity of time. Is this her condition talking or an eventual philosophy?

Pangborn:

He does a lot of traveling and slinking about a dump. I'm sure he does more than that.

Wendell:

What's his role now? I hope it's not death fodder. His grandmother and he have a nice connection. Bypassing the worrisome Henry.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 4:34 am

davidalan wrote:
Henry:

We learn that he was adopted from foster care at the age of five. His son Wendell shows up. Their relationship is a little tense but not impossible. Henry takes No Name to Juniper Hills and that's that (yeah right) but after Henry had walked in on No Name watching a video of Henry and his dad, Henry decides to retrace his steps from years back. He ends up deep in the woods. But the video he's using as a guide runs out of juice, but Henry continues (as opposed to going back). He checks his phone: it reads 9:13. Yes I've already checked Bible quotes, and maybe one or two sort of work. I was hoping that the two chaps Henry runs into in the woods would have the name Amos or Isaiah (although it could be Matthew after Henry's father or any other of the biblical books) but it's Willie and something Branch. They were at the second funeral but kept their distance. Was Mr. Branch at the first? Anyway the three have the weirdest but intriguing triangular conversation, as Branch is apparently deaf (or something) and Willie operates as translator and ward of the woods. Anyway Branch has built this room in their camper and after a time Henry is coaxed inside, and undergoes an experience similar to parts of 2001. This is all about hearing the voice of God? I'm a little skeptical, except that the Branch and Willie combo pull me closer to believing.

Young Henry doesn't seem to be enjoying the search for the source of the "noise".

We find out that Branch (maybe Willie but he seems to young) were also in on searching back then by what Branch says.

I'm wondering if Warden Lacy was part of that search party. And I'm wondering if "the voice of God" that told him for 6 nights what to do -- was that noise (I forget the other term used other than "the voice of God")

I'm also wondering if Branch had a similar motorhome back in the day -- it's quite possible it was a research vehicle -- he might even have had a grant.

If he did, then I'm tempted to think, that's where young Henry was holed up. And it's even possible that's where Lacy kept No Name until he could finish the cage. Which leads me to think No Name carved a statue and gave it to Henry.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Castle Rock - HULU
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next