A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Castle Rock - HULU

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Aww man. Another thought. Odin and Willie could be Gan and Maturin.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:26 pm

@Big John wrote:

Also, could what Molly hears be related to the schisma? She thinks she has a medical condition, or so she says, but could it instead be a connection to the schisma?

This interests me a lot.

Also I wonder whenever Henry finally left Maine that Molly's life problems began. She definitely has more purpose after his return, even though she might make a mistake here and there.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:50 pm

@sandi wrote:

There were others that escaped from Juniper Hill.  It's possible one or more followed NN back to the Deaver house and is/are responsible for the "scuffle in the kitchen".

And not only have we not seen Ruth in relation to the kitchen scene -- we haven't seen Wendell either.

(Nice catch on NN removing his shoes.  That was Henry who Ruth was reminding earlier -- Rev didn't like the click-clack of shoes.)

I could see other escapees making it to the house and causing a ruckus. They're probably dead now.

Wendell probably got Ruth out of the house and they're---at a neighbors?---at the police?---generally hiding?

I love the scene where he removes his shoes. The scene is significant. Do No Name and the Rev share an identity. Or has No Name simply adopted the Rev's former identity after Henry (possibly) rebelled? As others have said, there's something about the Rev that bugs me still. I wonder if the Rev usurped No Name's (or whoever's) original plan? Whatever that was.

@sandi wrote:

I may be wrong, but I think that home video showed Henry as the one who could hear the schisma -- not the Reverend.  The Rev wanted Henry to take him to the source of the sound.

This makes sense to me. I wonder if one day Henry disclosed his auditory sensitivities and the Rev ran with it. Maybe in conjunction with a much younger Odin.

@sandi wrote:

I think they are definitely after Henry (and now they have him).  I think perhaps Henry may be a special schisma "receiver" and they need him.

If they needed Henry before and that attempt failed, now he's back and they tried a different tactic. But does No Name have a role in this subtefuge with his playing the old video? This contradicts what I said above about Rev and young Odin being usurpers, but I still think that Odin and No Name have different agendas. Maybe. I don't know. Maybe No Name with whatever effort he puts forth just has to let events lead to where they do.
Back to top Go down
sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:07 am

@sandi wrote:
@Big John wrote:
Yet, Henry seems to have a lot of concern for his father's remains, especially regarding where they are buried. That's very important to him. He goes to some great lengths to get his father back into the church grounds. I suppose it's easy just to say that Henry has a strong belief system about burial but... does he? Is that really all this is? It's suspicious to say the least.

You're absolutely right.  I have to think about that some more.

I've given this some more thought.

Rev Deaver's body was moved to Bangor without Henry's knowledge. Legally, they needed Henry's approval to do this and they didn't get it. Having his father dug up and re-buried in Castle Rock may just be Henry re-establishing his authority and being a lawyer he would not want his legal authority usurped.

However, there may be reasons that Henry, himself, is not consciously aware of. Remember the scene where Henry finds Pangborn digging up the dead mutt they buried on New Year's day because Ruth wanted to be sure it was still dead. This scene may be more than just another example of Ruth's memory/time issues. It may relate to Rev. Deacon's body as well. (Which now brings back that "exploding casket" situation.)

@Big John wrote:
My new theory is that in this particular story, Maturin has taken on a human form. We have been calling that form No Name. Same for Gan. The form Gan took on in 1991 is Henry. I don't think Gan currentlyinhabits Henry but may come to do so once again, and soon...

I think you are right in that Maturin and Gan will be part of the series universe. And I think there is a very good possibility we are being introduced to them this season in some form or guise, such as early Henry and No Name.

SK's works are always centered on the struggle between good and evil. I take it Maturin and Gan are the "good". And, in your theory, you believe, some form of PW is the "bad". I can believe that. But who or what is the "bad" in this story at this point in your opinion?

@davidalan wrote:

I love the scene where he removes his shoes. The scene is significant. Do No Name and the Rev share an identity. Or has No Name simply adopted the Rev's former identity after Henry (possibly) rebelled? As others have said, there's something about the Rev that bugs me still. I wonder if the Rev usurped No Name's (or whoever's) original plan? Whatever that was.

Ruth's reaction to No Name suggests that she believes NN is Rev. Deacon. Oh!

Remember that Molly called the Rev -- it. We took that to mean that the man laying in that bed that Molly killed wasn't really the Reverend, but rather something other than a man. -- Maybe No Name is the Reverend -- the original -- the good man that he was before whatever is it took over. (NN did tell Lacy a crazy story when Lacy captured him.)

Cycle back NN's first conversation with adult Henry and imagine NN as Henry's father - Rev Deacon.

Quote :
NN: Has it begun?

Henry looks puzzled but then continues talking about their strategy. Henry says, "... Turn this place into your boat garage."

NN: boats?

Henry: (chuckles) That's right.
NN: How many years old are you?
Henry: Thirty-nine.
NN: Do you hear it now?

[door buzzes, opens] GUARD: Time's up.

I have to think about this some more.
Back to top Go down
sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:32 am

@davidalan wrote:
So you think NN chose the specific video from all the other videos or do you think he went through all of them until that one happened to be showing until Henry showed up. I wonder if he didn't just play them all. Of course they all could have been the same, generally, and he just popped the first one in. Question is how did he know how to use it. Was the same way that he started playing the piano? Memory returned when the object presented itself?

The more I think about it, the more I believe the Good Rev Deaver is No Name. Somehow, his "soul", changed places with a malevolent creature that wound up inhabiting his body -- which has been buried these 27 years.

If that is the case, then NN viewing the videos would be the Good Rev Deaver piecing together what happened back then and figuring out how to go forward.
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:09 am

@sandi wrote:
@sandi wrote:
@Big John wrote:
Yet, Henry seems to have a lot of concern for his father's remains, especially regarding where they are buried. That's very important to him. He goes to some great lengths to get his father back into the church grounds. I suppose it's easy just to say that Henry has a strong belief system about burial but... does he? Is that really all this is? It's suspicious to say the least.

You're absolutely right.  I have to think about that some more.

I've given this some more thought.  

Rev Deaver's body was moved to Bangor without Henry's knowledge.  Legally, they needed Henry's approval to do this and they didn't get it.  Having his father dug up and re-buried in Castle Rock may just be Henry re-establishing his authority and being a lawyer he would not want his legal authority usurped.

Yeah? You think it's just that? I get what you're saying. I have plenty of attorney friends and yes, some of them are exactly like that. Henry may even feel a pang of that sting as well.

However, we are talking about Henry Deaver and not some generic ideal of a typical arrogant attorney. Henry's a bit burned out and he doesn't want to be there. I don't believe Henry Deaver would be going to these lengths out of spite, especially considering everything else I noted above. It doesn't fit.

@sandi wrote:
@Big John wrote:
My new theory is that in this particular story, Maturin has taken on a human form. We have been calling that form No Name. Same for Gan. The form Gan took on in 1991 is Henry. I don't think Gan currentlyinhabits Henry but may come to do so once again, and soon...

I think you are right in that Maturin and Gan will be part of the series universe.  And I think there is a very good possibility we are being introduced to them this season in some form or guise, such as early Henry and No Name.

SK's works are always centered on the struggle between good and evil.  I take it Maturin and Gan are the "good".  And, in your theory, you believe, some form of PW is the "bad".  I can believe that.  But who or what is the "bad" in this story at this point in your opinion?

Considering Maturin and Gan were in IT, it's more of a reintroduction but you make a good point. If they are involved, who is the bad guy? Even if they're not involved, who is the bad guy, lol?

Something I've been pondering since around episode 2. Henry's client is No Name. He wants NN set free and he fights for it. Pangborn wants NN locked up. He even goes so far as to seek out the new warden, tell her about how Lacy thought the kid was evil, and advises her to keep him locked up. Henry and Pangborn are opposed. They seem to be on opposite sides of a lot of issues. They are living under the same roof. They have Ruth as a common denominator. I'm not sure this really goes anywhere but I'd thought I'd throw it out there if for no other reason that to purge it from my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:42 pm

as for these sig pics i chose them because in a sense No Name called Henry home and i wonder if the church (or whatever inhabited Rev Deaver if anything did---or what's been under the church all this time) has in essence called Henry home as well.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:16 am

episode 7

oh my goodness. wth
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:23 am

I was gonna try to go to sleep but seeing your post, man I'm gonna be shot at work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:18 am

15 minutes into it and I fell asleep but that first 15 was some of the trippiest television I've seen in quite a while. I'll try to finish to up tonight but I'm having a super busy week. I haven't even had time to post in the Sharp Objects thread and I have a lot to say.
Back to top Go down
sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:09 am

I thought this was an excellent episode and so well done.  Yes, it was trippy, but I think we get a real sense of the world Ruth lives in.  I hope this never happens to me -- I wouldn't want to live like that.

I will need to watch this episode another time or two before I get too into it.

We did learn, however, that Rev. Deaver was a good man when Ruth married him.  He appears to have developed a tumor (which was operated on.)  Then at some point, started showing aberrant behavior again.  I wonder if this was the tumor coming back or something else.

At what point did the Rev. become an "it"?

And - I can't remember -- I think david -- you were right/I was wrong.  It was Rev. "it" Deaver who heard it not Henry.  And now I'm wondering if young Henry was telling the truth in that memory when he told the Rev. he did hear it.

There appears to be some "freaky friday" event where the Rev and original No Name traded places.  I wonder when that was?

And I felt so bad for Ruth, there at the end.  I knew who was going to be shot by then and kept yelling NO!  but that didn't help.  Do you think NN manipulated that outcome?

I'll probably be back later today/tonight but I probably won't be in tv Thursday.  Thursday mornings are medial appointments and I'm usually not up for much the rest of the day and I have some duties elsewhere.

I hope to be back full force by Fri/Sat.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:34 am

Okay

This is going to get weird so hold on to your hats.

Sandi. I don't know that No Name specifically manipulated that outcome. But you remember what Ruth said to Wendell. Something like: I can see in all times. So that's why she needed the chess pieces: to remember what was the present. I think No Name's presence exacerbated Ruth's travels through time and memory, in that every memory and every moment she seemed to be tangibly living even to the point of on the spot tactility: trying to squeeze through that crowded room at what I assume was her husband's wake (I wonder if kid Henry was even back then). Where Ruth didn't have her chess pieces as all was where she was trying to find the bullets and then hiding out (in the garage?) and try to load the gun. Then of course she blindly fired and in real terms (followed by the symbolic chess imagery afterwards) toppled the white knight (alice in wonderland). Ruth in Pangborn's eyes was of course the Queen. But---and here's where it gets weird at least from my interpretation of things---was Pangborn the only one who thought Ruth was the Queen, who was in love with her. What about No Name? Does he love Ruth? In essence, he got Henry out of the house with the video pantomime. In essence, he got Pangborn out of the house when NN sent him on perhaps a wild goose chase. And here, after leaving the torched Juniper Hills, No Name enters the house, removes his shoes, and treats Ruth with dare I say kindness? And then (in whatever order) reminds her to take a pill, dances with her, and draws her a bath? I think about that memory Ruth had/has when she and young Henry and the Rev are on that picnic blanket and Rev spouts his nonsense and wonder if No Name (in whatever form) was watching and overhearing that scene. And maybe he felt something for Ruth, and by extension Henry. And maybe No Name back then "saved" both of them. So back when No Name was in prison he asks Henry How are you now?---the tone could be interpreted as almost paternal and not just in terms of orientation. Weird. Weird. It's all weird! Meanwhile what confuses me about the house in present time is the state of it after Panghorn passes a now we know why bleeding No Name who just sits there quietly after being stabbed in the gut. Everything when Panghorn runs in seems a lot more disordered. Did No Name do that? Or did I miss a connecter scene where that was part of Ruth's scrambling to find things and get out of the house? Anyway what's going to happen to Ruth? I hope Henry decides not to put Ruth away because I don't think No Name will respond to that very well. Or will No Name just step in like a surrogate dad and bury Panghorn in a suitcase? Weird.

This was such a great episode and it was very daring to put it from top to bottom from Ruth's apparently fractured point of view.

I was initially wondering if Ruth would should Wendell or Henry by mistake, but of course in was Pangborn who would take a bullet for Ruth any day.

Take care of yourself Sandi. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:37 am

@sandi wrote:
I knew who was going to be shot by then and kept yelling NO!  but that didn't help.

It's so messed up how that never seems to work.

Why does NN sometimes have that weird one shoulder raised posture?

If I recall correctly, we were not shown how the kitchen got so disheveled, but at least we definitively know that she was not immediately attacked when NN entered the house.

Seems NN is inhabited by rev Deav in this episode. Is NN/rev Deav flashing through time similarly to Ruth?  He seems to be as calmly astonished as Ruth is about being in that scenario with her. NN/rev Deav did nothing to make me believe he had any intention of harming Ruth. He seriously looked like he was just as freaked out as she was, which caused him to play along in that creepy scene just like Ruth was. The theory about NN being a vessel fits here.

Are we to assume that when NN/rev Deav got stabbed that his next move was to leave the house and go sit on the front yard steps? To me, this further indicates that NN/rev Deav had no ill will toward Ruth.

The flashback scene in the kitchen with Ruth and Rev Deav,  Ruth says to rev Deav, "You killed us all didn't you. I know you did." Shortly thereafter, Rev Deav says to Ruth, "I'm you." The implications of this are making my head spin.

Ruth's lines are key to this story and Sissy Spacek has been so fantastic with her subtle delivery. She makes it easy to overlook the things Ruth says. I wouldn't mind seeing a transcript with just her lines.

Sandi, good for you for knowing it was Pangborn who would get shot. I certainly did not see that coming. That whole story about the shots getting fired is concerning to me. When Pangborn first brought it up he was speaking with Henry in the hospital after Ruth had launched herself off the bridge. When Henry asked what happened, Pangborn totally evaded telling Henry anything specific beyond Ruth saying don't leave. If I were Henry, I would have been asking who fired the shots, was anyone hurt, etc... Henry didn't ask those questions and Pangborn didn't offer anything about it even though he was so eager to tell Henry about the incident. That whole sequence felt strange to me.

So in this episode we see Ruth shoot Pangborn. This is directly followed by a 'flashback' of that "Don't leave" scene on Ruth's porch, The scene features a 2018 version of Pangborn but that scene took place in 1993. So why is it 2018 Pangborn that Ruth is flashing back to? Is it just to show she is a bit traumatized after shooting him which has influenced her time walking? Maybe, but perhaps that scene wasn't a flashback at all.
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:13 am

I wonder if the move of rev Deav's remains from his original burial plot to the church is making an impact. Probably not but it's been such a focal point of the show that it must mean something.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:31 pm

@sandi wrote:

I have been wondering that too all along. I'm guessing to make him look more odd? He also typically has his head tilted one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:14 pm

sometimes NN presents as having the coordination of Frankenstein's monster.
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:08 pm

@Zaphod wrote:
@sandi wrote:

I have been wondering that too all along. I'm guessing to make him look more odd? He also typically has his head tilted one way or the other.

That's my quote bruh,

@davidalan wrote:

I'm of the opinion that most if not everything we see is on purpose. So... maybe he actually is Frankenstein's monster.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:26 pm

sorry BJ, I got the cut/paste messed up
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:14 pm

No worries

Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:33 pm

episode 8

oh my. this show is so good.

:pie ax
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:49 am

I think I'm done putting a whole lot of energy into trying to figure it out. This is good horror, which is even harder to find than good comedy. Gonna just sit back and let it happen.

Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:07 am

that's reasonable john. i think it's good horror too because regardless of genre the story is so well constructed.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:09 am

lmao oops. a mysterious double post. lmao

Last edited by davidalan on Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Ricksters

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:08 pm

I am so loving this show.yay   Only 2 more episodes  gah  I was really uncomfortable thinking Jackie and then Henry were going to get killed by the B&B psycho couple.  scrd  All those paintings of NN, CREEPY.

Last weeks episode in general reminded me of a good Stephen King short story. Surprised heart2   Fun fact - the type of chest pieces used were the same ones in a Harry Potter movie.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:20 pm

episode 8:

in no particular order:

i thought after molly took all of those meds she was going to run over someone.

i guess the b&b couple thought they were cool when they picked up the house of the suicidal prison warden Lacey. did they want the house so fast that they didn't bother having the locked basement broken into? i don't entirely buy that. except if the pictures or the house itself fogged up the b&bers minds. that's a stretch.

i wish that the b&bers had set up more murder reenactments in the house. just for the thrill of it.

in the end i don't think the b&bers story itself was entirely successful. maybe if they relate in some way to the SK universe??? The Shining? Something else?

more successful was Henry's breaking in the cellar (where he would have found No Name's portraits if the B&Bers were never around) but Andre Holland made me believe in that search through the house and in the ultimate discovery of the NN ageless Dorian Gray portrait series. His counterparts in his struggle to escape the house weren't as convincing. Jackie's ax bopping of the man was okay.

the earlier crime/police encounter was more interesting. first of all there was No Name's attempt (as I kind of suspected last week) to protect Ruth from the authorities. Also Ruth herself convinced that she was going to be arrested but the police appeared to have a consensus that No Name either killed Pangborn or caused him to be killed so Ruth was never taken from the house? Here i'm a little confused. It made totally sense though that Wendell would call the police and it further made sense that his doing so both fouled things up a bit for No Name and maybe helped Ruth from being arrested. Priceless though were Henry exiting the murder scene and then being greeted by a gun being drawn on him (a wink to black lives matter???) and then Henry and the woman officer's face in your face discussion which was the best scene in the whole episode. They were, if i can say it, verbally tactile.

Earlier of course Molly saves Henry from the giant egg carton. And their psychic connection is solidified.

Henry sends Wendell away. But Wendell sees the crow hit the bus and then practically doubles over from the intensity of whatever he hears. I think he stays on the bus longer because he's deliberating his choices but ultimately he gets off the bus and starts walking back to Castle Rock.

The finale has Molly while she's overdrugged and not driving well ending up at her family house where No Name is waiting. He takes Molly on a strange tour of her past. No Name makes some very telling statements. He was out there in the woods watching as Molly and Henry communicated. He also told Molly of her own death (before she killed Reverend Deaver?) about which Molly just had a vision.

Henry had some visions too. Particularly after No Name got a little miffed at Henry at the crime scene. Here also No Name makes a couple of telling statements. I waited twenty-seven years for you---and---I didn't ask for any of this. These statements from No Name, and the ones to Molly, further convince me of No Name's duality. You have No Name being helpful to people like Henry and Molly and Ruth and then you have all sorts of disaster going on around No Name when he's imprisoned or touched or threatened or taken away from what he perhaps is discovering to be his purpose??? When No Name says I didn't ask for any of this it suggest to me that he took Henry's place or saved Henry from being the chosen one maybe???? I think that when No Name tells Molly that he was out there in the woods, he was out there as himself but as an isolated loner perhaps incapable of connection until he may have found himself needed.

Sadly Odin seems to have taken a burnt pointy stick to the eye and looks quite dead. Did some research on Odin and he, the real Odin, is often depicted as being one-eyed. So maybe our Odin is the anti-Odin. All too human. Ambitious. Easily dispatched. By Willie presumably.

Wendell slept on the church pew (Rev Deaver's church). Is this significant? Is this why he later hears the sharp noise on the bus?

Last edited by davidalan on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : don't know an adjective from an adverb)
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 am

I think the axe murder by Jackie Torrance was a beautiful tie in to The Shining. I bet she becomes a struggling novelist.

Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:50 am

Jackie seems to have ambition. If she had Molly's empathic powers she could really go somewhere. But being an active part of thwarting maniac killers in the suicidal warden's house could lead to a book being published. But I think there's more to her than meets the eye.
Back to top Go down
The Ricksters

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:03 pm

@Big John wrote:
I think I'm done putting a whole lot of energy into trying to figure it out. This is good horror, which is even harder to find than good comedy. Gonna just sit back and let it happen.

I feel the same way John.   But, I am going to watch the inside the episodes (on Hulu) for each episode that has aired .
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:05 pm

Inside episodes?
Back to top Go down
The Ricksters

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Yes. On Hulu, for each episode that has aired there is a 3 or 4 minute Inside the Episode.  It has its own heading on The Castle Rock page on Hulu - Inside the Episodes.
Back to top Go down
The Ricksters

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:19 pm

@davidalan wrote:

This last episode one shoulder was especially droopy.  The perils of 27 years in a cage   ?   

Many people on Reddit think NN (they call him the kid)  is hot  Surprised  I think he is creepy looking AF.
Back to top Go down
The Ricksters

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 pm

@Big John wrote:
I think the axe murder by Jackie Torrance was a beautiful tie in to The Shining. I bet she becomes a struggling novelist.

Yes and she knows her different types of axes.    lol
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Sadly Odin seems to have taken a burnt pointy stick to the eye and looks quite dead. Did some research on Odin and he, the real Odin, is often depicted as being one-eyed. So maybe our Odin is the anti-Odin. All too human. Ambitious. Easily dispatched. By Willie presumably.

Just recently I thought Molly might be a candidate as Odin killer. She was drawn to where she perceived Henry was imprisoned (history repeating itself). Regardless one question is where is Willie and what is his role (if any because he might be dead too) post Odin?
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Grabbed myself a bag of wavy potato chips and some orange drank, set up a tv tray and sat down to watch all the Insides. Watched them on you tube where they all automatically played consecutively. Following the Insides was a Fanalysis of ep 8.

Along with a ton of Easter eggs they pointed out, there was also some interesting information in their analysis. There are three items they mentioned that I found most fascinating.

The first of these items is the town where Wendell got off the bus. The name of the town is Jerusalem's Lot. More than likely, this town is actually Salem's Lot. Not sure this has anything to do with the show. Might just be a fun Easter egg. Then again, maybe Wendell returns to Castle Rock as a vampire.

Then we have Ruth and the gun shots that Pangborn was called to investigate.Remember how I found it odd that it was never explained what those gun shots were? Well, considering that Ruth might actually be traveling through time, perhaps the gun shots Pangborn was called to investigate are the same ones that murder him.

The last of these is when Henry Deaver enters the room inside the new B&B where all of warden Lacy's paintings of The Kid are hung. Henry finds one dated 1991. We are shown the painting then we are flashed to the Missing Child poster of Henry from 1991. Here are those two images:

In the painting, The Kid is wearing the same outfit as Henry. Maybe, just maybe, The Kid is 8 year old Henry, the portion of Henry that the present day Henry has no memory of.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:36 pm

cool. all of it.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:20 am

good catch on that shirt!!!
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:18 am

was Henry, I wonder, wearing a different shirt when Pangborn found him several days later?
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:19 am

was Henry, I wonder, wearing a different shirt when Pangborn found him several days later?

since this is another accidental double post, maybe Henry changed his shirt twice???? wth
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Henry was wearing a heavy winter coat when he was rescued. Impossible to see what was under it. In the video in ep 6, he is wearing a different outfit and a different coat.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:58 am

I just bought a Roku setup since our "Smart TV" is apparently outdated and no longer supports Hulu. I can finally watch this show.

I just started this series over the weekend, so I haven't read back, but I should be caught up this week.  Two powerhouse actors in Sissy Spacek and Scott Glenn, very impressive.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:29 am

Sissy Spacek and Scott Glenn are excellent
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:38 pm

David, it's because of your teasers that I look forward to watching this show late on Tuesday nights. I cannot find it tonight though. Did it not air? Is something wrong?! OMG WHAT HAPPENED!
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:41 pm

episode 9

weird. absolutely weird. and it seemed shorter? maybe it was. or it just felt like it.

anyway commentary below:  

I guess that it's that one place in the woods where the schisma is or all the schisma are. And I guess the schisma is/are all the possible time and space elements crashing together where certain people who have a good ear for the spot in the woods meet and merge and switch places and live different lives and lose their memories and regain new ones? And if events, for instance, also meet and merge there I wonder if it was a bullet from that one prisoner hunting party (with the bloodhounds) which hit (that) molly and (that) molly was vulnerable to the schisma because she had touched the switcheroo henry and that allowed her to envision that other world with a different neighbor henry. She become a part of two threads in all the many threads which makes me wonder if she and everyone else with a connection isn't part of many more. But then how was this henry from New York (I gather) and with a fancy job and a girlfriend/wife/partner suddenly thrust in the wintery scene where he witnessed an icy lake reunion between that disappeared Henry and Pangborn? Maybe he's just an automatic parallel to the other Henry? The other Henry who grows into adulthood while this Henry remains as he is when he entered the parallel time thread? All very weird. Was he because he was in contact with Molly who had been in contact with that young Henry trapped there by mistake? Because he was right by Molly when the switching occurred? Or was it the other young Henry who sealed that door in some matter we don't quite know? Weird.

Okay so this is why No Name responds to Ruth the way he does. Because he is instinctively acting as her son who would try to help her manage her condition. But at this time in this story he doesn't know who he is just yet?

And Ruth is she experiencing both (or at least two) time threads because of Alzheimers and isn't able to differentiate the two. Or does the Ruth in Florida even have any awareness or concern about anything that has been going on in Maine? This leads me to think almost that the thread where Ruth and Pangborn migrate to Florida is a falser (or weaker) one because two of the main players are, well, away from Maine. Although both Henrys as adults return from out of town. The Caucasian Henry was better received. Not the pariah Henry from earlier in the season. Not at all.

And why does No Name not change at all? Is it because both Henrys are in the same place and the "visiting" Henry is by his arrival chronologically stuck and unaging? And at this point does No Name assume the other Henry's role of the one not to be touched?

So as it turns out when No Name said he was Henry Deaver way back when he actually was.

And when our Henry disappeared for so many days he had actually entered the time and space thread of No Name Henry Deaver and was clearly in such a fog/fugue that when he returned to his normal home he didn't remember anything? Did No Name experience this similar fog/fugue the moment he crossed into the wintry parallel universe?

But why should the two Henry's switch where one's a kid and the other's an adult? Now this seems strange to me. Maybe it has to do with the timeframe of the death(s) of the Reverend Deavers.

As you can tell this is a jumbled mess for me. But it's not a jumbled mess that I don't enjoy. In this episode I was riveted. And part of the draw for me was to see No Name in this time and space dimension leading a pretty bland and normal life. He's a researcher trying to save people. Whereas the other Henry became a lawyer trying to save people. I guess the difference was one experienced total trauma when he was a kid while the other was able to get out of Dodge at a young age and was able to put his life in order. Neither became a reverend. Another "saver" of people.
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:41 pm

Have we already discussed that there appears to be a season 2 of Castle Rock in the works?
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:44 pm

I think so. The format is different stories each time? That's what I heard. I believe. I guess.

Hey John our posts read the same time. Weird, eh?
Back to top Go down
davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 pm

@Big John wrote:
David, it's because of your teasers that I look forward to watching this show late on Tuesday nights. I cannot find it tonight though. Did it not air? Is something wrong?! OMG WHAT HAPPENED!

Episode 9 dropped at Midnight at least here in OH. So Wednesday not Tuesday. Does it drop at Midnight in the different time zones? Or at the same moment everywhere?
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:55 pm

You're getting me on a technicality? I did say late Tuesday night, right? Thought that was pretty clear, but no I cannot find it. Usually it is on the internet relay site I use almost immediately after it drops. I don't have HULU. I'm jonesin' dude!
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:57 pm

@davidalan wrote:
Hey John our posts read the same time. Weird, eh?

Destiny Surprised
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 pm

And Sandi, where the heck have you been?
Back to top Go down
sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:47 am

@Big John wrote:
And Sandi, where the heck have you been?

Out of commission -- sleeping on and off.

I haven't read back -- I will later.

Episode 9

MIND-BLOWN!

Wow! The nearest I can figure is somewhere in the woods is a nexus between alternate realities or possible other realities.

No Name is a possible Henry Deaver who connected with another possible Henry Deaver (missing for 11 days in his reality) but in the alternate reality -- many years. And now No Name who followed missing Henry is trapped in missing Henry's reality for 27 years and still counting.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    

Back to top Go down

Castle Rock - HULU
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next