AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Condor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big John

PostSubject: Condor   Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:04 am

Condor is a reimagining of the movie Three Days of the Condor. The movie is an excellent spy thriller and the TV show might turn out to be even better. If you like that genre, you'll love this show. I'm only three episodes in but as of this point I'm giving it top marks, 10/10.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Condor   Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:37 am

"Three Days of the Condor" is one of my favorite films of the '70's so I'm looking forward to checking this out.
Back to top Go down
sandi

PostSubject: Re: Condor   Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:02 am

@Big John wrote:

Condor is a reimagining of the movie Three Days of the Condor. The movie is an excellent spy thriller and the TV show might turn out to be even better. If you like that genre, you'll love this show. I'm only three episodes in but as of this point I'm giving it top marks, 10/10.

I missed the premiere! But, I'm in luck as all the aired episodes will be repeated late night on July 4th. So, I've set my recorder and with a 10/10 review -- I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Thanks BJ!
Back to top Go down
Big John

PostSubject: Re: Condor   Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:02 pm

I'm looking forward to your analysis. In other words, I basically need you to tell me wtf is really going on.
Back to top Go down
sandi

PostSubject: Re: Condor   Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Since this is a conspiracy show and BJ indicated confusion on what's really going on, I'm paying more attention when I watch then I normally would.  And I started with the premise of trusting no one except Joe, our hero.  As of this post, I've only seen the pilot episode.

What's going on?  I think there is a conspiracy to use biological warfare against nations that support and fund terrorism.  I don't know if the top layer in the conspiracy goes up to the White House or not.  It could or it could stop at someone beneath the President or someone between the president and the Director of the CIA or it could start with the upper level of the CIA.  

IMO, someone high up in the CIA is running the show.  It remains to be seen if the other people involved in the conspiracy know if it is a sanctioned operation or not.  For example:  Sam Barber is involved in the conspiracy, but does he think it's a conspiracy or is he following orders as usual?  The answer to that could be different for each member in the conspiracy.

It looks like Nathan Fowler (Brendan Fraser) is calling the shots, but I don't believe he's the head of the conspiracy.  I think he's going to wind up being the patsy -- you know, the one everyone else can point a finger at and blame if things go south.

One thing that stood out to me was the decision to kill Ammar Nazari immediately.  The guy had his empty hands up and his backpack was on the ground.   I would want to capture him alive, if possible, to find out if he was acting alone or in concert with others.  Turns out he was an innocent man -- a "false flag".  

If you recall, Sam Barber copied some hidden files from his home computer onto a thumb drive.  He was going to give the thumb drive to Bob Partridge, but wound up not doing that.  I got a screencap of the only document that was legible.

CIA doc:

People we know are involved.

• Harold (Floros)? - Deceased.   Joe's co-worker who also worked on the program which supposedly raised a flag on Nazari.  He also poisoned the receptionist and was surprised to get a bullet between the eyes when the two operatives massacred those at Joe's office.
  • Nathan Fowler (Brendan Fraser)
  • Gareth Lloyd - guy with the pharmaceutical stocks - set to make a fortune
  • Sam Barber - CIA employee, working at HQ in Langley.  Joe's "best friend".
  • Gabrielle Joubert - Female Assassin
  • Deacon Mailer - Male Assassin (accompanied Gabrielle in the slaughter at Joe's office and the subsequent chase to get Joe).
  • The Ambassador -- accepted the plague package from Fowler

I suspect everyone else -- even Joe's date Kathy H. and of course, unknown to Sam -- his wife, Mae.
Back to top Go down
sandi

PostSubject: Re: Condor   Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Just watched episode 2.  

So glad to see Sam Barber do the right thing -- too bad he died doing it.

Now we know Gareth Lloyd owns some kind of military (mercenary?) operation.  He has high level CIA friends who want to see terrorists taken and they've found a friend in Nathan Fowler -- someone to act on their behalf and take the fall -- IMO.

I now trust Bob (mostly) -- since Marty Frost (Mira Sorvino) has successfully ousted him and taken over.  It appears she was forced out some time ago and maybe blames Bob.  I can see someone like that being involved in a conspiracy of the kind we're seeing.  

I'm leaning more to trusting Kathy H as she does seem genuinely surprised and frightened but that could be an act.

I think Joe's best avenue is to try and secretly contact Bob, but that will be hard as I'm sure he'll have eyes upon him.

I did notice the guy who gave the two assassins cctv info -- he was sitting in a room that had wall clocks which looked exactly like the clocks at Langley.  So, he's either in on the conspiracy or he thinks he's just doing his normal job.
Back to top Go down
sandi

PostSubject: Re: Condor   Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Episode 3

Yeah Kathy H!  Great job!  You now get to feed your neighbor's cat.  I get why Kathy pepper sprayed our guy but damn!  

We now have confirmation that Gabrielle Joubert - Female Assassin is a CIA operative.  So, that must have been a CIA tech providing cctv coverage as mentioned above.  Also -- she's now supporting evidence that the people pulling Nathan Fowler's strings are in the CIA, IMO.

Marty Frost (Mira Sorvino) with her kill order on Joe has just gone up a notch or two as possible conspirator.  Although, I think a case could be made that she is just being used by someone higher up in the CIA since she appears to have issues and something to prove.

Which brings CIA Deputy Director, Reuel Abbott  (Bob Balaban -- I always remember him from Close Encounters of the Third Kind) to the forefront.  I will admit that removing Bob from Joe's case could be seen as SOP since a conflict of interest could be present but now Abbott is also threatening investigation into Bob's use of the program Joe wrote which uncovered Nazari.  Since the plague was found on Nazazri, it shouldn't raise any flags unless someone thinks/knows Nazari was innocent.  So, I'm losing trust for Abbott right now -- he might be the CIA guy at the top and planning to pin some blame on Bob.
Back to top Go down
sandi

PostSubject: Re: Condor   Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 am

With Mae's reaction to Sam's death, I'm beginning to trust her more.  Kathy H is tied to Mae since Mae set her up with Joe through Tinder.  So, trusting Mae more means that I also trust Kathy H more.

Bob -- co-opted deceased Sarah's partner (FBI agent) and now is working with her on the investigation, hoping she keeps him informed and perhaps proving Joe innocent.  But the thought occurs to me that Joe's perceived innocence and Bob's perceived innocence is also tied together in this investigation.  It could be that Marty Frost is just a "woman scorned" and as such may be a useful tool for someone higher up in the conspiracy (possibly Abbott)  and in making Bob a patsy.  On the other hand, Bob is smart enough to be involved in the conspiracy and as such, needs to show he's right about Joe's innocence which would "prove" his own innocence or so it would seem.  Although I trust Bob more than others at this point, he could still be involved in the conspiracy.

Abbot -- I loved the little "chess game" between Abbott and Bob at lunch via the phone call Bob received.  It seems Frost is Abbot's tool in this game.  And Abbot personally paid Mae a visit to find out what she knew.  Ultimately he accepted that Sam told her nothing or so it seems.  Then he prayed for her while he was in his vehicle.  That prayerful display could be one side of Abbot with the reverse side being a hate for all things Muslim which seems to have been a common factor for two of our known conspirators -- Nathan and the male assassin, Deacon Mailer.  I don't trust Abbot.

More on Bob -- Bob hand picked all the people Joe worked with -- all twelve of them.  We know Harold was a conspirator -- how did he get by someone like Bob? On the other hand -- Abbot and Bob appear to be on opposing sides and right now I do trust Bob a lot more than Abbot.

It would be nice to know if all the conspirators knew who the other conspirators were but I suspect they do not.  The top layer may be the only ones who know that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Condor   

Back to top Go down

Condor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: TV-