AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Post new topic   Reply to topicShare | 
 

 A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hodgepodge



Posts : 89
Join date : 2018-08-24

PostSubject: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Curious whether anyone is going to watch the Premiere tomorrow night.

This is supposedly in the same vane as, This Is Us!

Oh Brdmom and Sandi! What do you say? hai

Back to top Go down
brdmom

avatar

Posts : 353
Join date : 2018-03-02
Location : Metrowest Boston

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:43 pm

I saw that mentioned in People magazine (yes, nothing but highbrow reading here!), and it looked intriguing. Might have to set the DVR.
Back to top Go down
sandi

avatar

Posts : 612
Join date : 2018-05-27

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:27 am

Already set my dvr -- that's David Giuntoli from Grimm and I'm a fan. So, I'll be watching. hai
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge



Posts : 89
Join date : 2018-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Liked it a lot! heart2  heart2  heart2

Although, I didn't like the scene at the beginning where the black guy decided to commit suicide. Then, one of the guys called him about John's suicide. Didn't buy that at all, until. The scene at the hockey game. I cried like a little girl who'd broken her favorite doll. cry  cry  cry  

The eulogy was also touching. cry  cry  cry

Loved all of the backstory's! Including one of the buddy's having an affair with John's wife. Didn't see that coming! Surprised  Surprised  Surprised

What did everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge



Posts : 89
Join date : 2018-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:36 pm

John, the guy who committed suicide, was aware of his wife's affair with his best friend, Eddie. That call to Eddie before he took the header off the balcony, was something. "Be happy!"

The "father-and-daughter" dance was touching. It was also funny with everyone aware Gary is a poor dancer.

Got a strange feeling about how Regina really feels about Delilah being a partner in the restaurant.

Going back to Gary for a moment...I'm curious how he's going to react when he finds out Maggie's cancer has returned. And, the way she's handling the treatment, or lack there of.

I have no doubt, Jon and his secretary Ashley, were having an affair.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge



Posts : 89
Join date : 2018-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Crap-hit-the-fan in last nights episode.

Everyone knows about the affair between Delilah and Eddie.
Back to top Go down
sandi

avatar

Posts : 612
Join date : 2018-05-27

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:19 am

I've been "under the weather " and am behind on some shows, including this one. I haven't read any of the posts as i've only seen the first episode, which was really very good. I hope to be caught up in the next day or two. I am a fan based on the first episode and will be back to discuss once caught up.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge



Posts : 89
Join date : 2018-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:36 pm

@sandi wrote:
I've been "under the weather " and am behind on some shows, including this one.  I haven't read any of the posts as i've only seen the first episode, which was really very good.  I hope to be caught up in the next day or two.  I am a fan based on the first episode and will be back to discuss once caught up.
Hope you're feeling better. hai

I don't find this one as compelling as, This Is Us, but its pretty good. Look forward to discussing it with you.
Back to top Go down
sandi

avatar

Posts : 612
Join date : 2018-05-27

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm

@Hodgepodge wrote:


Got a strange feeling about how Regina really feels about Delilah being a partner in the restaurant.

I know, right?! There's more going on there and now that Delilah's affair is out in the open, that partnership may not get off the ground.

@Hodgepodge wrote:
Going back to Gary for a moment...I'm curious how he's going to react when he finds out Maggie's cancer has returned. And, the way she's handling the treatment, or lack there of.

I am suspicious about Gary's assertion that his cancer is still in remission. I fully expected him to tell the other guys that it was back but he didn't. Maybe he's telling the truth and maybe he's not, but I think he'll stand by Maggie's decision either way. (If his cancer is still in remission, I do think he'll ultimately convince her to seek treatment but only when he tells her he's in love with her and she accepts her feelings for him as well. Right now, I get the impression that she doesn't feel she has a lot to live for.)

@Hodgepodge wrote:
I have no doubt, Jon and his secretary Ashley, were having an affair.

I thought that too and it maybe. But -- I think Ashley has her hand in something less than honest concerning Jon's finances. I think she betrayed him.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge



Posts : 89
Join date : 2018-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:16 pm

@sandi wrote:
I know, right?!  There's more going on there and now that Delilah's affair is out in the open, that partnership may not get off the ground.
Sandi, have they given us any indication how long it's been since the guys got stuck in that elevator?

The reason I'm asking...everyone was so in love with Jon, including all of the wife's/girlfriends. Even when Katherine confronted Delilah about the affair, it seems she was more despondent about Delilah cheating on Jon, than she was who she was cheating with, her own husband, Eddie.

But, something Delilah said in the car really caught my ear. She said something to the affect, "You didn't know the whole story." What could that mean? Did Delilah know about the affair Jon was having with his secretary? I know that's speculation.  Surprised

@sandi wrote:
...I am suspicious about Gary's assertion that his cancer is still in remission.  I fully expected him to tell the other guys that it was back but he didn't.  Maybe he's telling the truth and maybe he's not, but I think he'll stand by Maggie's decision either way.  (If his cancer is still in remission, I do think he'll ultimately convince her to seek treatment but only when he tells her he's in love with her and she accepts her feelings for him as well. Right now, I get the impression that she doesn't feel she has a lot to live for.)
You make a good point.

We never heard the doctor say Gary's cancer was in remission. And, because he was at the doctor's office when he got the news Jon had committed suicide, he probably felt he shouldn't add to everyone's grief.

@sandi wrote:
I thought that too and it maybe.  But -- I think Ashley has her hand in something less than honest concerning Jon's finances.  I think she betrayed him.
She's definitely holding onto that "suicide note". I see that coming out in the not to distant future.

You know, I had an affair with my "best-friend's" girlfriend in college. And, while it was going on, the idea of creeping around seeing her was really great.  stache

Once he found out, I felt lower than a snakes belly. Especially since the only thing he said was, "you broke the man-code!"

He forgave me, but I never got over it. I always felt undeserving of his friendship. He died a few years ago, and I wept for more reasons than his passing. cry
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2018-03-22

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:57 pm

I’m suspicious about Gary’s cancer being cured, too, but I’m even more suspicious that TPTB haven’t yet decided which it should be. If he’s not ok, then somehow Maggie will be ok. But I’ll bet Gary’s health is ok for a season or two – they can’t get rid of him so soon. (Do I sound cynical here?)

Really enjoyed that Jon’s daughter felt unthought-of by her dad until she found out he’d planned for Rome to be ready to take his place. I’m hoping that knowing that Jon was counting on him will help motivate Rome to figure his stuff out.

I’m also seeing interesting tension between the restaurant’s co-owners developing already. And Sandi, I agree that Ashley is likely involved in something shady involving the finances. That may be the reason for Jon’s jump. I’d be surprised if, in a show that already has two characters with cancer in their stories, it turns out that Jon had some terminal illness. And an existential crisis of some kind would make it unlikely he would plan so much regarding those he’s left behind.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

avatar

Posts : 847
Join date : 2018-03-02
Age : 58
Location : Escondido, CA

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:09 pm

I haven't seen it, but supposedly this is like "The Big Chill".  Does it have a good sound track? If so, I might consider watching it.  That's what made "The Big Chill" watchable for me.  Oh, and some good acting, too, :goof:
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2018-03-22

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:38 pm

@MrBill60 wrote:
I haven't seen it, but supposedly this is like "The Big Chill".  Does it have a good sound track? If so, I might consider watching it.  That's what made "The Big Chill" watchable for me.  Oh, and some good acting, too, :goof:

Not many movies have a soundtrack that great, or that well used! I think the similar Return of the Secaucus 7 was the better movie but nowhere near the great music. As to Little Things, I haven't noticed much of interest personally in the soundtrack, despite a dance recital to Bowie.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge



Posts : 89
Join date : 2018-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:59 pm

@Pi-O-My wrote:
I’m suspicious about Gary’s cancer being cured, too, but I’m even more suspicious that TPTB haven’t yet decided which it should be. If he’s not ok, then somehow Maggie will be ok. But I’ll bet Gary’s health is ok for a season or two – they can’t get rid of him so soon. (Do I sound cynical here?)
You know what Pi-O-My, they could use this little ploy anytime theyd like to to bring a little drama into the series too.

@Pi-O-My wrote:
...And Sandi, I agree that Ashley is likely involved in something shady involving the finances. That may be the reason for Jon’s jump...
Do you guys think Ashley has been "cooking" the books on her own, or both her and Jon were involved?

@MrBill60 wrote:
I haven't seen it, but supposedly this is like "The Big Chill"...
Very similar! Although, everyone in this series lives in the same city. Not like "The Big Chill", when everyone came from out of state for the funeral.

There is one song they played during Ep2, that if I recall correctly, was a song during an episode of, This Is Us. cry If any thinks of it, please post the Youtube version in the thread.
Back to top Go down
sandi

avatar

Posts : 612
Join date : 2018-05-27

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Hodge wrote:
Do you guys think Ashley has been "cooking" the books on her own, or both her and Jon were involved?

I don't think Jon was involved -- unless that wasn't him who jumped off the balcony.

But Ashley isn't in it by herself. She was talking to someone on the phone -- someone just as dirty as she is.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge



Posts : 89
Join date : 2018-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Last nights episode was very touching. cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  

I'll be back later with further comments.
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2018-03-22

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   Today at 3:29 pm

Watched the birthday/hockey camp episode last night, and really liked the ending—Jon’s advance planning didn’t go as he’d figured for once. Gary being so obnoxious about the affair to Eddie, yet willing to eat cake with Delilah was interesting -- double standard or time for acceptance?

But I couldn’t believe that Maggie and Regina (before they learn about the affair) would have let Delilah go out onto that balcony alone. I’m sure they could have come up with something to keep her occupied, like sorting files, while they dealt with the packing up of Jon’s belongings. That also might have given the audience a bigger look at Ashley interacting with Delilah, though maybe that's something TPTB don't want to spill yet.

I’m wondering if Maggie’s panda indicates a family predisposition to cancers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   

Back to top Go down
 
A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: TV-
Post new topic   Reply to topicJump to: