AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inA Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyA Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyA Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC Empty 
gin (20877)
A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyA Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyA Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC

Go down 
+2
brdmom
Hodgepodge
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodgepodge

A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC Empty
PostSubject: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Curious whether anyone is going to watch the Premiere tomorrow night.

This is supposedly in the same vane as, This Is Us!

Oh Brdmom and Sandi! What do you say? hai

Back to top Go down
brdmom

brdmom

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 9:43 pm

I saw that mentioned in People magazine (yes, nothing but highbrow reading here!), and it looked intriguing. Might have to set the DVR.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 4:27 am

Already set my dvr -- that's David Giuntoli from Grimm and I'm a fan. So, I'll be watching. hai
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Liked it a lot! heart2  heart2  heart2

Although, I didn't like the scene at the beginning where the black guy decided to commit suicide. Then, one of the guys called him about John's suicide. Didn't buy that at all, until. The scene at the hockey game. I cried like a little girl who'd broken her favorite doll. cry  cry  cry  

The eulogy was also touching. cry  cry  cry

Loved all of the backstory's! Including one of the buddy's having an affair with John's wife. Didn't see that coming! Surprised  Surprised  Surprised

What did everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 2:36 pm

John, the guy who committed suicide, was aware of his wife's affair with his best friend, Eddie. That call to Eddie before he took the header off the balcony, was something. "Be happy!"

The "father-and-daughter" dance was touching. It was also funny with everyone aware Gary is a poor dancer.

Got a strange feeling about how Regina really feels about Delilah being a partner in the restaurant.

Going back to Gary for a moment...I'm curious how he's going to react when he finds out Maggie's cancer has returned. And, the way she's handling the treatment, or lack there of.

I have no doubt, Jon and his secretary Ashley, were having an affair.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Crap-hit-the-fan in last nights episode.

Everyone knows about the affair between Delilah and Eddie.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:19 am

I've been "under the weather " and am behind on some shows, including this one. I haven't read any of the posts as i've only seen the first episode, which was really very good. I hope to be caught up in the next day or two. I am a fan based on the first episode and will be back to discuss once caught up.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 2:36 pm

sandi wrote:
I've been "under the weather " and am behind on some shows, including this one.  I haven't read any of the posts as i've only seen the first episode, which was really very good.  I hope to be caught up in the next day or two.  I am a fan based on the first episode and will be back to discuss once caught up.
Hope you're feeling better. hai

I don't find this one as compelling as, This Is Us, but its pretty good. Look forward to discussing it with you.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:

Got a strange feeling about how Regina really feels about Delilah being a partner in the restaurant.

I know, right?! There's more going on there and now that Delilah's affair is out in the open, that partnership may not get off the ground.

Hodgepodge wrote:
Going back to Gary for a moment...I'm curious how he's going to react when he finds out Maggie's cancer has returned. And, the way she's handling the treatment, or lack there of.

I am suspicious about Gary's assertion that his cancer is still in remission. I fully expected him to tell the other guys that it was back but he didn't. Maybe he's telling the truth and maybe he's not, but I think he'll stand by Maggie's decision either way. (If his cancer is still in remission, I do think he'll ultimately convince her to seek treatment but only when he tells her he's in love with her and she accepts her feelings for him as well. Right now, I get the impression that she doesn't feel she has a lot to live for.)

Hodgepodge wrote:
I have no doubt, Jon and his secretary Ashley, were having an affair.

I thought that too and it maybe. But -- I think Ashley has her hand in something less than honest concerning Jon's finances. I think she betrayed him.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 5:16 pm

sandi wrote:
I know, right?!  There's more going on there and now that Delilah's affair is out in the open, that partnership may not get off the ground.
Sandi, have they given us any indication how long it's been since the guys got stuck in that elevator?

The reason I'm asking...everyone was so in love with Jon, including all of the wife's/girlfriends. Even when Katherine confronted Delilah about the affair, it seems she was more despondent about Delilah cheating on Jon, than she was who she was cheating with, her own husband, Eddie.

But, something Delilah said in the car really caught my ear. She said something to the affect, "You didn't know the whole story." What could that mean? Did Delilah know about the affair Jon was having with his secretary? I know that's speculation.  Surprised

sandi wrote:
...I am suspicious about Gary's assertion that his cancer is still in remission.  I fully expected him to tell the other guys that it was back but he didn't.  Maybe he's telling the truth and maybe he's not, but I think he'll stand by Maggie's decision either way.  (If his cancer is still in remission, I do think he'll ultimately convince her to seek treatment but only when he tells her he's in love with her and she accepts her feelings for him as well. Right now, I get the impression that she doesn't feel she has a lot to live for.)
You make a good point.

We never heard the doctor say Gary's cancer was in remission. And, because he was at the doctor's office when he got the news Jon had committed suicide, he probably felt he shouldn't add to everyone's grief.

sandi wrote:
I thought that too and it maybe.  But -- I think Ashley has her hand in something less than honest concerning Jon's finances.  I think she betrayed him.
She's definitely holding onto that "suicide note". I see that coming out in the not to distant future.

You know, I had an affair with my "best-friend's" girlfriend in college. And, while it was going on, the idea of creeping around seeing her was really great.  stache

Once he found out, I felt lower than a snakes belly. Especially since the only thing he said was, "you broke the man-code!"

He forgave me, but I never got over it. I always felt undeserving of his friendship. He died a few years ago, and I wept for more reasons than his passing. cry
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

Pi-O-My

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 3:57 pm

I’m suspicious about Gary’s cancer being cured, too, but I’m even more suspicious that TPTB haven’t yet decided which it should be. If he’s not ok, then somehow Maggie will be ok. But I’ll bet Gary’s health is ok for a season or two – they can’t get rid of him so soon. (Do I sound cynical here?)

Really enjoyed that Jon’s daughter felt unthought-of by her dad until she found out he’d planned for Rome to be ready to take his place. I’m hoping that knowing that Jon was counting on him will help motivate Rome to figure his stuff out.

I’m also seeing interesting tension between the restaurant’s co-owners developing already. And Sandi, I agree that Ashley is likely involved in something shady involving the finances. That may be the reason for Jon’s jump. I’d be surprised if, in a show that already has two characters with cancer in their stories, it turns out that Jon had some terminal illness. And an existential crisis of some kind would make it unlikely he would plan so much regarding those he’s left behind.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 4:09 pm

I haven't seen it, but supposedly this is like "The Big Chill".  Does it have a good sound track? If so, I might consider watching it.  That's what made "The Big Chill" watchable for me.  Oh, and some good acting, too, :goof:
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

Pi-O-My

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 4:38 pm

MrBill60 wrote:
I haven't seen it, but supposedly this is like "The Big Chill".  Does it have a good sound track? If so, I might consider watching it.  That's what made "The Big Chill" watchable for me.  Oh, and some good acting, too, :goof:

Not many movies have a soundtrack that great, or that well used! I think the similar Return of the Secaucus 7 was the better movie but nowhere near the great music. As to Little Things, I haven't noticed much of interest personally in the soundtrack, despite a dance recital to Bowie.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Pi-O-My wrote:
I’m suspicious about Gary’s cancer being cured, too, but I’m even more suspicious that TPTB haven’t yet decided which it should be. If he’s not ok, then somehow Maggie will be ok. But I’ll bet Gary’s health is ok for a season or two – they can’t get rid of him so soon. (Do I sound cynical here?)
You know what Pi-O-My, they could use this little ploy anytime theyd like to to bring a little drama into the series too.

Pi-O-My wrote:
...And Sandi, I agree that Ashley is likely involved in something shady involving the finances. That may be the reason for Jon’s jump...
Do you guys think Ashley has been "cooking" the books on her own, or both her and Jon were involved?

MrBill60 wrote:
I haven't seen it, but supposedly this is like "The Big Chill"...
Very similar! Although, everyone in this series lives in the same city. Not like "The Big Chill", when everyone came from out of state for the funeral.

There is one song they played during Ep2, that if I recall correctly, was a song during an episode of, This Is Us. cry If any thinks of it, please post the Youtube version in the thread.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Hodge wrote:
Do you guys think Ashley has been "cooking" the books on her own, or both her and Jon were involved?

I don't think Jon was involved -- unless that wasn't him who jumped off the balcony.

But Ashley isn't in it by herself. She was talking to someone on the phone -- someone just as dirty as she is.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Last nights episode was very touching. cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  

I'll be back later with further comments.
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

Pi-O-My

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Watched the birthday/hockey camp episode last night, and really liked the ending—Jon’s advance planning didn’t go as he’d figured for once. Gary being so obnoxious about the affair to Eddie, yet willing to eat cake with Delilah was interesting -- double standard or time for acceptance?

But I couldn’t believe that Maggie and Regina (before they learn about the affair) would have let Delilah go out onto that balcony alone. I’m sure they could have come up with something to keep her occupied, like sorting files, while they dealt with the packing up of Jon’s belongings. That also might have given the audience a bigger look at Ashley interacting with Delilah, though maybe that's something TPTB don't want to spill yet.

I’m wondering if Maggie’s panda indicates a family predisposition to cancers.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Pi-O-My wrote:
Watched the birthday/hockey camp episode last night, and really liked the ending—Jon’s advance planning didn’t go as he’d figured for once. Gary being so obnoxious about the affair to Eddie, yet willing to eat cake with Delilah was interesting -- double standard or time for acceptance?
I mentioned in a post above, you can't do that with a friends wife. The onus is always placed on the man, and as you mentioned, Delilah was given a free-pass from accountability.

Pi-O-My wrote:
...But I couldn’t believe that Maggie and Regina (before they learn about the affair) would have let Delilah go out onto that balcony alone...
Pi-O-My, that scared me to death.

Thinking about it now, I know TPTB wouldn't have written that into the story, but at that moment, I thought she might jump. scrd
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Another pretty good episode last night. Ep.5 (The Game of your Life), was touching all the way around.

Eddie and Katherine had a "saving our marriage" moment.
Gary plays a one-on-one game of basketball with Maggie for her life.
Delilah has to pick up Sophie from school, because she's been suspended.
Rome visits his parents to find out whether either one of them has gone thru depression.
Rome finds a pregnancy test in the trash, and he's quit his job.
HMoG! Regina isn't pregnant!
Back to top Go down
Warthawg1

Warthawg1

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:

Which is why you couldn't pay me enough to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 2:42 pm

Warthawg1 wrote:
Hodgepodge wrote:

Which is why you couldn't pay me enough to watch it.
Come on Warty! yay

Back to top Go down
Warthawg1

Warthawg1

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 1:56 pm

I would rather chew tin-foil.
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

Pi-O-My

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Warthawg1 wrote:

You just reminded me of the time, back when I was working at a 9-to-5, when someone brought in a selection of Indian sweets. She didn't realize they not infrequently contain glittery bits -- beaten silver or gold sometimes shows up on fancy desserts but they used cheaper stuff in these pretty goodies. I guess the candy makers weren't counting on people with metal fillings and the interactions were painful!

Katherine kicking out her childcare without first lining up a decent replacement for Eddie seems quite shortsighted. As does Maggie not exploring avenues toward health besides chemo. Boston may not be California but there are plenty of alternative channels around.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Warthawg1 wrote:
But I bet you viewed the episode synopsis.  Cool

Pi-O-My wrote:
Warthawg1 wrote:
...Katherine kicking out her childcare without first lining up a decent replacement for Eddie seems quite shortsighted. As does Maggie not exploring avenues toward health besides chemo. Boston may not be California but there are plenty of alternative channels around.
You know Eddie is still going to watch Theo. It's not like he has a job. 55  Plus, that'll give him time to win Katherine back.

Honestly Pi-O-My, I really want to know more about her backstory. She seems like a woman with nothing good in her life. I'm curious now if she really likes being a lawyer.

Also curious whether Eddie was a musician when they met? I got the impression, he quit his job (whatever that was) to be in a band. And, was this before or after Theo was born?

I've never had a close relative or friend who went thru cancer. Pi-O-My, I can't imagine not fighting until they put me in that casket either.

Can it just get to hard? I mean the fighting! And, then to have it come back. But, I agree, there are too many other ways to go other than the normal Chemo and radiation.

I loved that basketball game though! cry  cry  cry  cry
Back to top Go down
Warthawg1

Warthawg1

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:
Warthawg1 wrote:
But I bet you viewed the episode synopsis.  Cool

Don't ever go to Vegas.... gambling is not your forte.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 2:50 pm

Not a fan of soaps (evening or daytime), however, we're doing a rewatch of Dark Shadows, The Beginning.  This is all pre-Barnabas, and I'm enjoying it much better than the later episodes.  Better writing and acting, and Vicky actually has a backbone and brains.   They dumbed her way down (almost everybody) after Barney showed up, but I guess he drew in the fans.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:02 pm

MrBill60 wrote:
Not a fan of soaps (evening or daytime), however, we're doing a rewatch of Dark Shadows, The Beginning.  This is all pre-Barnabas, and I'm enjoying it much better than the later episodes.  Better writing and acting, and Vicky actually has a backbone and brains.   They dumbed her way down (almost everybody) after Barney showed up, but I guess he drew in the fans.
MrBill, my mother watched Dark Shadows religiously. eyes
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:11 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:

MrBill, my mother watched Dark Shadows religiously. eyes

I remember when it was on, I was 7 or 8, and all of the teenage girls in the neighborhood raced home from school to watch it , lol.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 2:24 pm

In the last episode, Delilah decided to have an abortion. She also told Eddie the baby was Jon's.
She got Gary to drive her to the clinic, but once there, she decided not to have the procedure.
After the visit to the clinic, she told Eddie he was the baby's father, but everyone must think its Jon's. He agreed, but we both know it's going to get out.

Speaking of Delilah, she also got turned down for a 2nd-mortgage on the house. It so happens, Ashley, Jon's secretary was with her, and the look on her face confirmed Jon was "cooking the books"!

Eddie wanted to go back on stage, but didn't know if he could do it. It came to light, his prior stage performances were all predicated on him being drunk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC   A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC Empty

Back to top Go down

A Million Little Things! - Wednesdays - 10/9c - ABC
Page 1 of 1