AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inCutting the Cord TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Cutting the Cord EmptyCutting the Cord EmptyCutting the Cord Empty 
gin (20877)
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Cutting the Cord

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MrBill60

MrBill60

Cutting the Cord Empty
PostSubject: Cutting the Cord   Cutting the Cord EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 4:00 pm

We "Cut the cord" today on cable TV. Internet and Cable TV were running at $280 a month, the majority in Cable TV charges. I have a Roku and need to find some solutions for "recording" content so I can zip past commercials on some of the stations. We can get about everything else we need through AMZ Prime, Hulu, Netflix and some of the "free TV" streamers. The only one I'm missing is AMC. Hulu comes with AMC but it only has limited content. There are options such as signing up with Philo, but $14 a month for one show is ridiculous. Anyway it winds up on Netflix eventually.

I'm interested in other people's experience with "Cutting the Cord" and any recommendations or tips.
Back to top Go down
Pi-O-My

Pi-O-My

Cutting the Cord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cutting the Cord   Cutting the Cord EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 4:22 pm

I hope the current season of Better Call Saul is included with your limited AMC --?

I used to record onto dvds (and still do for shows I want to keep copies of) but fast forwarding through the commercials kills the machines relatively quickly. Ditto editing them out.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

Cutting the Cord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cutting the Cord   Cutting the Cord EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Unfortunately BCS is not available, and that's the only AMC show that I'm interested in.  Seeing as the finale is next week, it's sort of a bummer.   I'm going to wait until next week to sign up for the "free 7 day" trial on Philo so I can pick up the finale and yesterday's ep.  I just hope those are available on the trial.

I think there's a way to record shows on a USB and there's a Roku Media player.  I haven't played around with it yet and don't know if it's a viable option.  I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with it.  I have the Roku Ultra platform.
Back to top Go down
stuntdog

stuntdog

Cutting the Cord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cutting the Cord   Cutting the Cord EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 am

Might want to consider Hulu Live. It has local networks, most regular cable stations & fox sports. Which is good if you wanna watch sports. It's like $40 a month. Plus it comes with a cloud dvr.  couch
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

Cutting the Cord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cutting the Cord   Cutting the Cord EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 am

stuntdog wrote:
Might want to consider Hulu Live. It has local networks, most regular cable stations & fox sports. Which is good if you wanna watch sports. It's like $40 a month. Plus it comes with a cloud dvr.  couch

Hulu live appears to have some good content and the Cloud DVR sounds like a good incentive so I might consider it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

Cutting the Cord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cutting the Cord   Cutting the Cord EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 2:08 pm

I subscribed to a 7 day free trial on Philo to watch the last two episodes of BCS.  I'll probably cancel after that. It doesn't really add much else to my current lineup.   I also upgraded my cable moden.  Nice to have full coverage around the house and lightning fast downloads for streaming.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

Cutting the Cord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cutting the Cord   Cutting the Cord EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:06 am

You are so brave! I don't know if I could do this but I'm very interested in your continuing experience. I have never considered "cutting the cord" but -- well I might look into it this coming year.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

Cutting the Cord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cutting the Cord   Cutting the Cord EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:16 am

I cut the cord ages ago. Hasn't slowed me down one bit. All my shows d/l automatically onto my laptop as soon as they are available which is usually withn about 30 minutes after air time. Then I stream them through my projector onto a screen that is about the entire height of the wall for a true theater experience. It's pretty darn awesome. Best part, no ridiculous cable bill!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cutting the Cord Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cutting the Cord   Cutting the Cord Empty

Back to top Go down

Cutting the Cord
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: TV-