AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inNFL 2019 off-season TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
NFL 2019 off-season EmptyNFL 2019 off-season EmptyNFL 2019 off-season Empty 
gin (20877)
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

NFL 2019 off-season

Go down 
+3
Warthawg1
His Royal Dorkness
Hodgepodge
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hodgepodge

NFL 2019 off-season Empty
PostSubject: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 8:57 pm

IIRC, the 2019 Free Agency (FA) starts today. This is the first day clubs can Franchise and Transition players.

Franchise Tag: In a nutshell, the franchise tag is a one-year deal that holds the player’s rights with a team. This prevents that player from becoming a free agent. Each team only gets one tag per year, but not every team uses it.

Exclusive-Rights Tag: Any player with this tag is bound to the team for the upcoming season. His agent is prohibited from seeking offer sheets elsewhere.

Non-Exclusive Tag: In this scenario, players can sign an offer sheet with another team. The original team has the right to match the offer. If it doesn't, it will receive two first-round draft picks from the new team.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 7:47 pm

Thanks for that refresher, Hodge! smile
Back to top Go down
Warthawg1

Warthawg1

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 7:30 am

No one talking about ole Bob Kraft getting caught at the Rub n Tug spa where Asian immigrants were forced into sexual servitude?

Ah... the jokes to be made...

First we had Inflate-gate, and now we have Felate-gate.

Robert Kraft - 6 SB Rings and 1 Sex Trafficking Ring.

Robert Kraft - Everything he does has a "happy ending".
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 4:38 pm

I saw some interesting speculation about how Goodell (as "the League") will choose to punish Mr. Kraft for this transgression... this stain on the honor of the NFL.

Did you guys know that Kraft is one of the owners who sits on the board that determines Goodell's pay?

I thought that was interesting. The rest of the article was mostly useless, but it speculated that Kraft's charges will likely be plead down to violations (in other words, not criminal) and he'll likely be fined by the League with no suspension.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 2:51 pm

Warthawg1 wrote:
No one talking about ole Bob Kraft getting caught at the Rub n Tug spa where Asian immigrants were forced into sexual servitude?

Ah... the jokes to be made...
Everyone knows I'm no fan, but I don't believe this for a minute.

ETA: The 2019 Draft Combine starts Friday (May 1-4). What does your team need?

ETA2: As soon as I write, "I don't believe it for a minute", today, Robert Kraft has been officially charged with solicitation.
Here's the complete story. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018628/article/patriots-owner-robert-kraft-officially-charged-with-solicitation.

Oh Peggy, Soup, Brdmom. Anyone around? lol4
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:06 pm

I think Patriot Nation is struggling to get a grip on the situation. Give them a chance...don't want any of them popping of prematurely. Of course some people are going to milk this for all it's worth. Can you really blame them? They have been getting rubbed the wrong wrong way for years, so if the mighty Pats get their comeuppance then all's well. The entire combined Jets, Dolphins, and Bills fanbases are eager to see the Pats laid low.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 9:46 pm

lol4

Oh lordy i hope Maturin doesn't wander in here!
Back to top Go down
Warthawg1

Warthawg1

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 7:40 am

TBC wrote:
I think Patriot Nation is struggling to get a grip on the situation. 

Someone who didn't struggle to get a grip on something were the girls Kraft was paying. Of course though it seems they had no choice which of course is what makes the situation here so serious. (Lest anyone think it isn't.)
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 5:59 pm

TBC wrote:
I think Patriot Nation is struggling to get a grip on the situation. Give them a chance...don't want any of them popping of prematurely. Of course some people are going to milk this for all it's worth. Can you really blame them? They have been getting rubbed the wrong wrong way for years, so if the mighty Pats get their comeuppance then all's well. The entire combined Jets, Dolphins, and Bills fanbases are eager to see the Pats laid low.

Warthawg1 wrote:
TBC wrote:
I think Patriot Nation is struggling to get a grip on the situation. 

Someone who didn't struggle to get a grip on something were the girls Kraft was paying. Of course though it seems they had no choice which of course is what makes the situation here so serious. (Lest anyone think it isn't.)
No way did I think there was an ounce of credibility in the story, initially. Now the League (Goodell) will look into this as vehemently as if it was a player.
Pondering what the penalty might be if proven true...Would he have to sell the franchise? Thinking about the former Clippers owner, Donald Sterling.

His Royal Dorkness wrote:
lol4

Is Maturin a Patriot fan as well?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 8:48 pm

Kraft hasn't been implicated in any human trafficking as far as i know, only in brushing up against it through minorly illegal activity which also happens to be highly scandalous for The League. There is ZERO chance that he'll be forced to sell. ZERO.

Maturin is a Redskins fan and closet Raven-lover, but she detests puns.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 2:46 pm

I'm trying to remember the LeVeon Bell circumstances.
I thought he found a loop-hole that would keep him out of the Franchise-Tag conundrum?
Remember, by holding out the whole year it eliminated "something". Does anyone remember?

And, the Eagles won't Franchise-Tag Nick Foles, which will allow him to enter Free Agency with any Team.
I think this is very nice gesture. Goes a long way in thanking him for the 2018 Super Bowl win and getting them back to the playoffs this season.

Looking forward to hearing more from the Oakland Raiders new GM, Mike Mayock at this years combine.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 7:30 pm

Rob Gronkowski retiring. That's a big drag for we Pats fans. He could have done nothing but block for the next three years and still been of value to the team. Ah well. I remember commenting on the other boards the day he was drafted about how good a pick he was, but I didn't realize how good--possibly the best TE of all time.

So, thanks to the big guy for all the great plays, especially the one in the fourth quarter of this year's AFC Championship that kept us going and got us to the SB (where he had another highly significant grab).

Happy retirement, Gronk!

Last edited by Peggy Sawyer on Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 2:39 pm

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
Rob Gronkowski retiring. That's a big drag for we Pats fans. He could have done nothing but block for the next three years and still been of value to the team. Ah well. I remember commenting on the other boards the day he was drafted about how good a pick he was, but I didn't realize how good--possibly the best TE of all time.

So, thanks to the big guy for all the great plays, especially the one in the fourth quarter of this year's AFC Championship that kept us going and got us to the SB (where he had another highly significant grab).

Happy retirement, Gronk!
Honestly, I couldn't believe it, Peggy.
Yeah, quit a few sports pundits had put forth the idea, but I thought Gronk wouldn't, couldn't leave the game.
Then, I read the myriad of operations and the many concussions he's had over the years, and now I think, why not.

I don't care what you, or Soup, or Map, or Brdmom say, the Pats are still the odds on favorite to win the AFC-East. gah
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 9:37 pm

LOL Of course they are. Vinny Testaverde could lead them to division title, their competition is so bad.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 5:53 pm

I say we don't get any respect, we're too old, and everybody thinks we suck and can't win games.
lol2
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 7:14 pm

LOL Of course they are. Vinny Testaverde could lead them to division title, their competition is so bad.

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
I say we don't get any respect, we're too old, and everybody thinks we suck and can't win games.
lol2
HRD, that's the bottom line isn't it.
And the sad part, I don't see it getting any better soon.
I think the Jets' Darnell is a fine specimen at QB. And now they've added Le'Vion Bell to the mix. He'll definitely make them a better team. With this new found running game, play-action should be more forthcoming.

The Bills signed the former Cowboys WR, Cole Beasley. But I don't see Josh Allen maturing like Darnell in his 2nd-year. Is "Shaddy" McCoy still the RB?

I don't think the signing of Ryan Fitzpatrick makes the Dolphins a better team. Okay, they had to do something, because Tannehill can't stay healthy thru a season.

That leaves the New England Patriots. They have a QB that's closing in on Medicare. They just lost their future HOF TE to retirement. What's left? I will give them a great running game with Michel, but what's left?
Damn Peggy Sawyer!  pfft
Damn Soup!  pfft
Damn Map!  pfft
Damn Brdmom! pfft
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 5:19 am

First, i hope Gronkowski has a good retirement. It seems like way too many guys with multiple concussions are having bad retirements, and as truly tragic as every single one of those cases is, it would be even more heartbreaking if it happens to him.

Imo the Jets are going to be more fun to watch this year, on offense at least. I'm keeping my expectations low, so it'll take true disaster for me to be disappointed.

Lordy don't get me started on Fitzpatrick. There are good reasons he's a career backup. I think Miami is a great place for him. For their own sakes, i hope the fans and the people running the offense down there remember that there are good reasons he's a career backup.

You already know what's left in New England, Hodge, not least of which is: a proven system, a dark evil genius who's proven he can implement that system, and yet another season as defending Super Bowl Champions. gross
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 8:57 pm

There's something rotten in New England.

Patriots new DC, Greg Schiano, is abruptly stepping down even before he assumes his new duties.
This is so strange. No idea what's going on.
Oh Peggy! ?
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 8:20 pm

I have to admit, I haven't a clue about that one. They never did officially announce him as the DC, and then he "steps down" after most of the coaching hires are done throughout the league. I think it's just a matter of two strong-minded coaches sharing the same sideline together. They may have been pals over lunch, but running a team? Belichick will ultimately promote from within, someone who is ambitious to advance and knows what it's like to work with BB.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 3:11 pm

In recent Saints off-season news, they've signed TE Jared Cook from the Raiders and punt returner Marcus Sherels from the Vikings. Teddy Bridgewater signed a contract extension. They have a little more than $10Mill left in cap space to sign rookies (which maxes out at about $3.5Mill) and add another player or two.

Things fell apart as far as negotiations with Mark Ingram. It's unclear whether or not Dez Bryant will be back or not.

I really hope Dez signs with the Saints.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 8:42 pm

So, PI is now going to be reviewable. Not only PI calls, but NON-CALLS. Thanks, Saints fans. Now every time a coach has a couple unused challenges late in a game and he needs a big piece of yardage, out pops the flag. Almost every defended pass can be argued in favor of interference. Let's hope this is a one-year thing and teams start accepting that for the good of the game, the game will never be perfectly called. Can't wait till a postseason game is decided because a coach decided there was pass interference when a ref did not. We Wuz Robbed won't begin to describe it.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 12:26 pm

As a Saints fan who was butthurt about the bad non-call for less than a week, complained about it nowhere but here, and didn't advocate for rules changes - i nonetheless acknowledge that the rules changes were primarily driven by Saints fans. Oh well. I haven't taken the time to really acquaint myself with the details yet, but from what i've seen, they don't look like exactly what was needed. Something was needed, and has been for many years. Maybe these changes can at least be a first step; even if they ultimately turn out to be awful, perhaps they can lead to good things.

I'm a little confused right now because i just saw something saying that the Saints are currently ranked #1 in NFL power rankings. I don't usually pay a whole lot of attention to power ranking, and especially in the off-season, but it was leading the Saints' news feed (story credited to USAToday) and caught my eye. I guess the defending champs are losing their veteran superstar TE, and the Saints picked up a damned good TE, but the Saints also lost an important part of their ground game in Mark Ingram. Even if Hill is in the mix more frequently in the coming year, i don't see Kamara's numbers being as eye-popping unless there's somebody else, who's canny and cool-headed in the backfield.

I guess my real question about it is did the Rams lose somebody that i haven't heard about? Even if a ranker wants to say that last year's Saints were a better team than the Rams, they can't say it was by a lot, and while Jared Cook is a nice addition, i don't see that as adding as much to the offense as is lost with Ingram's departure.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 9:34 pm

The Saints and Patriots both showed how the Rams offense is a cheap gimmick. The whole thing about "Limited number of looks but doing a wide variety of things out of them" is a lie. Both teams were able to shut down the Rams because they knew what plays Sean McVay was going to call before he did. McVay is predictable, possibly because of his youth, and I think this has eroded confidence around the league in his abilities as a head coach.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 4:13 pm

What's gotten me about McVay is every team wants one.
We've got the new guy in Cincy. Lets not forget the "McVay" clone in Arizona.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 1:49 pm

Guys, did everyone know Chris Hogan WR for the New England Patriots has signed with the Carolina Panthers? I didn't even know he'd entered Free Agency this year. And, how in the HELL did Belicheck let him get out of the building. Oh Peggy!
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Whatever happened to that "truism" that players are never as good once they leave the Patriots? Is Talib just an isolated case?
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Yeah, Hogan could have probably been retained at an OK price. Maybe BB thought he'd reached his apex; he certainly did decline a bit this last season. I think he'll join the long list TBC refers to; it amazes me that players like Wes Welker, Richard Seymour, Asante Samuel, Malcolm Butler and so many others just faded completely after leaving NE. They got paid, but I think a few (like Danny Amendola) would prefer to have gotten another ring or two. Best of luck, Chris Hogan; I really enjoyed your contribution and hope you're one of the few like Talib to keep it going post-NE.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Boy-o-boy! Russell Wilson becomes League's highest-paid player yesterday. Does this seem like overpay? Oh TBC!

The new deal is for four years and $140 million, with $107 million guaranteed and includes a no-trade clause. This surpasses Aaron Rogers deal in Green Bay.

April 17, 2019, is the day the 2019-2020 schedule is released. I heard the 'Boys schedule is suppose to be brutal. ?
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Overpaid. Can anyone say "Flacco" or "Cousins"?
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 am

2019 schedule's out. I'm happy. 11 out of 16 Pats games are day games (yay!) and 12 are lopsided (cool with me).
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
Overpaid. Can anyone say "Flacco"...?
Peggy, what is Elway doing in Denver? ?
I expected him to be a much better evaluator of talent than what he's shown over the last few years.
Osweiller (spl), Keenum, Semiene (spl), Paxton Lynch, have all been busts. facepalm
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 pm

The Saints's schedule looks pretty tough. There are (only) a couple of creampuff games in there, and a week 9 bye before hosting the Falcons is good. We're facing the AFC South this year, none of those are guaranteed to be easy games. I think this year's Saints team should be at least as good as last year's, but they'll need to be a better team if they want to contend in the playoffs again, because the competition is guaranteed to be better than last year.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 9:17 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:
I expected him to be a much better evaluator of talent than what he's shown over the last few years.
Osweiller (spl), Keenum, Semiene (spl), Paxton Lynch, have all been busts. facepalm

Should have developed Tebow. He bought his championship with Manning, now the Broncos are done, especially with the rise of KC and the Chargers.

As for Mo's Saints, I think they're going to face a huge battle back to the playoffs this year.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 4:30 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
Should have developed Tebow...
Tebow couldn't hit me with sand if I was standing on a beach.  pfft

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
...As for Mo's Saints, I think they're going to face a huge battle back to the playoffs this year.
The Saints are, In Like Flint!

Not sure what's happening in Atlanta, but "Matty Ice" is a shell of his former self.
After having the "Camshaft" replaced in his shoulder (see what I did there?), Newton is still a wanna'be.
I happen to love Bruce Arenais (spl), but until he replaces Jameis, the Bucs will be an also ran.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm

NFL Draft starts Thursday, 04/25/19.

This will be the first time I've watched the draft without commentary from Mike Mayock, the newly hired GM of the Oakland Raiders.

What does you Team need:

After trading away their 1st-round pick to the aforementioned Raiders, the 'Boys have--58th from the 2nd-round; the 3rd-rounds 90th; 2x 4th-round picks, 128 & 136th; the 156th pick in the 5th-round; and the 241 pick in the 7th-round.

We definitely need edge-rushers. We lost one because he couldn't keep from smoking blunts. The other for the same reason, indefinitely.
Add DTs to that Defensive wishlist.

We also need a backup for Zeke Elliot. The guy was almost used up last season until we got a passing game.

We also need help on the OL, with Travis Frederick still recovering from Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

I heard both WR and TEs, but we've got a shit-load of both. We just need to put them to work.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 7:05 pm

I think the Saints' need a running back who can pick up some of the slack left by the departure of Mark Ingram. I think they can count on Kamara and Hill more than they did last year, but i don't see the two of them doing a great job of carrying the entire load without some help.

The most glaring need is at defensive line, though, as Tyeler Davison and Alex Okafor have both headed for greener pastures.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 1:08 am

I'm very pleased with the Pats' first-round pick of M'Keal Harry. Great hands, speed and mobility. Should be an outstanding pro receiver. Good start! Need a TE in the 2nd.

I mean N'Keal, lol.

Last edited by Peggy Sawyer on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Name spelling)
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 10:15 am

Joejuan Williams (corner) in the second round was another great choice. No TE yet, though. But when has BB ever used a high pick at the position you'd most expect him to?
Back to top Go down
Maturin

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Dwayne Haskins seems like a good quarterback and reasonably decent human being. I hope the Snyder sewer fumes don't get to him in DC. He's already got a little local star quality going -- went to high school around here; was sports editor of the school paper and predicted in 2015 that Washington would need to draft a QB within five years; four years later, here he is.

My hub, a Mizzou person, believes the Drew Lock/Broncos thing will work out well for both sides (and maybe even for Joe Flacco, but idk.)

TBC wrote:

lol4

*wanders in*

MAD

I would thwack everyone involved here, but it would probably just be seen as encouragement in this case.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 6:51 am

LMAO. Blame or credit, whichever you prefer, to the fact that much of my formative years were spent watching that master of the double-endtendre, Benny Hill.

Speaking of masters of their trade, I am convinced now that John Schneider is some sort of necromancer. A month ago everything looked doom and gloom. Russell Wilson and Frank Clark were both facing contract issues and the team had a league-low 4 picks coming into the draft. So what does he do? Signs Wilson to a contract making him the highest paid player in the NFL, the sort of deal which had everyone saying that the Patriots had paid Tom Brady too much a few years back and they would never win another Super Bowl, yadda yadda, and then trades Clark to the Chiefs for some draft picks. Starts playing swap-a-roonie, Seahawks wind up drafting eleven players including two in the second and three in the fourth. The first round pick, No. 29 overall, is DE L.J. Collier from Texas Christian. It might seem like that's an immediate replacement for Clark, but he's actually closer to Michael Bennett.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 6:28 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:
NFL Draft starts Thursday, 04/25/19...

...We definitely need edge-rushers. We lost one because he couldn't keep from smoking blunts. The other for the same reason, indefinitely.
Add DTs to that Defensive wishlist.

We also need a backup for Zeke Elliot. The guy was almost used up last season until we got a passing game.

We also need help on the OL, with Travis Frederick still recovering from Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

I heard both WR and TEs, but we've got a shit-load of both. We just need to put them to work.
Got to admit, Jerry Jones hit everyone of my targets:

2nd-Round/#58 - DT Trysten Hill/UCF - 6'3"; 308lbs.
3rd-Round/#90 - G Connor McGovern/Penn St. - 6'5"; 308lbs.
4th-Round/#126 - RB Tony Pollard/Memphis - 5'11"; 210lbs.
5th-Round/#158 - CB Michael Jackson/Miami (Fla.) - 6'1"; 210lbs.
5th- Round/#165 -  DE Joe Jackson/Miami (Fla.) - 6'4"; 275lbs.
6th-Round/#213 -  S Donovan Wilson/Texas A&M - 6'0"; 199lbs.
7th-Round/#218 - RB Mike Weber/Ohio St. - 5'11"; 211lbs.
7th-Round/#241 - DE Jalen Jelks/Oregon - 6'6"; 245lbs.

I think the Saints' need a running back who can pick up some of the slack left by the departure of Mark Ingram. I think they can count on Kamara and Hill more than they did last year, but i don't see the two of them doing a great job of carrying the entire load without some help.

The most glaring need is at defensive line, though, as Tyeler Davison and Alex Okafor have both headed for greener pastures.
HRD, did the Saints pickup your wishlist?

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
I'm very pleased with the Pats' first-round pick of M'Keal Harry. Great hands, speed and mobility. Should be an outstanding pro receiver. Good start! Need a TE in the 2nd.

I mean N'Keal, lol.
This is a big kid too, Peggy. 6'2"+; 220+lbs. IIRC, he ran a 4.5 at the Combine. Do you guys consider him a placeholder for Josh Gordon?

Maturin wrote:
Dwayne Haskins seems like a good quarterback and reasonably decent human being. I hope the Snyder sewer fumes don't get to him in DC. He's already got a little local star quality going -- went to high school around here; was sports editor of the school paper and predicted in 2015 that Washington would need to draft a QB within five years; four years later, here he is...
He's a good kid too, Maturin. He doesn't have any off-the-field issues. Comes from a good family.

Maturin wrote:
...My hub, a Mizzou person, believes the Drew Lock/Broncos thing will work out well for both sides (and maybe even for Joe Flacco, but idk.)
Peggy and I were just discussing what's going on with Elway in Denver. IIRC, this is his 6th QB since he's headed football operations for the Broncos.
Rumor has it, he's hit on a winner this time. This kid has the most number of starts of all the QBs in this years draft. He's also very polished. I hope he's a winner. The Denver Broncos are my favorite AFC team.

TBC wrote:
...Speaking of masters of their trade, I am convinced now that John Schneider is some sort of necromancer. A month ago everything looked doom and gloom. Russell Wilson and Frank Clark were both facing contract issues and the team had a league-low 4 picks coming into the draft. So what does he do? Signs Wilson to a contract making him the highest paid player in the NFL, the sort of deal which had everyone saying that the Patriots had paid Tom Brady too much a few years back and they would never win another Super Bowl, yadda yadda, and then trades Clark to the Chiefs for some draft picks. Starts playing swap-a-roonie, Seahawks wind up drafting eleven players including two in the second and three in the fourth. The first round pick, No. 29 overall, is DE L.J. Collier from Texas Christian. It might seem like that's an immediate replacement for Clark, but he's actually closer to Michael Bennett.  
TBC, you guys also picked up my favorite WR, D.K. Metcalf.
Word is, he's got 1.9% body-fat. WTF! He's 6'3"+; 230lbs., and ran a 4.33 at the Combine. HMoG!
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 8:30 pm

Not sold on Drew Lock, Hodge, but time will tell. As for N'Keal Harry being a placeholder for Josh Gordon, I don't exactly think so. Harry has the size and toughness to be a sort of non-blocking Gronk, and could be targeted in a variety of schemes. Gordon is a sheer downfield sprinter. They'll be a good dual-threat out there when Gordon returns (and he will). Speaking of Gronk, the Pats did not draft a tight end to replace him. Which tells me Belichick knows Gronk will be back sometime this coming season, maybe during the playoff-run period.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 pm

The Saints did address some important concerns but didn't draft a Defensive Tackle. They did make some very solid additions overall, though, perhaps most notably at Center. They picked up some backfield help in a safety/corner and a linebacker, and a nice Tight End. They didn't draft a running back, but they made enough offensive upgrades to make me feel a lot more comfortable with Kamara and Hill shouldering the load.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
Not sold on Drew Lock, Hodge, but time will tell...
What's nice is his ability to sit behind Flacco and learn from a Super Bowl winning QB. I'm just hoping Flacco doesn't get hurt which could bring Lock into the season before he's ready.

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
...As for N'Keal Harry being a placeholder for Josh Gordon, I don't exactly think so. Harry has the size and toughness to be a sort of non-blocking Gronk, and could be targeted in a variety of schemes. Gordon is a sheer downfield sprinter. They'll be a good dual-threat out there when Gordon returns (and he will)...
Peggy, what's his status, today?
I know it was supposedly his idea to reenter rehab, but was it inevitable he was going to be suspended again?

The Saints did address some important concerns but didn't draft a Defensive Tackle. They did make some very solid additions overall, though, perhaps most notably at Center. They picked up some backfield help in a safety/corner and a linebacker, and a nice Tight End. They didn't draft a running back, but they made enough offensive upgrades to make me feel a lot more comfortable with Kamara and Hill shouldering the load.
Did Jared Cook retire after last season? Replacing him with, what everyone says is an athletic TE, can do nothing but help Brees.
And, as long as you guys keep Michael Thomas happy, you'll be alright. What a WR!  yay
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyWed May 01, 2019 10:47 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:
Peggy, what's his status, today?
I know it was supposedly his idea to reenter rehab, but was it inevitable he was going to be suspended again?

The next move is Goodell's. The Patriots have offered him a second-year tender agreement, and he indicates he is motivated to return. Rehab details have been hard to find. I think we'll see him sometime during the season.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyWed May 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Robert Kraft used his vast fortune to influence the Judge hearing his sexual solicitation case.
He will not allow the video showing Kraft "making it rain" at a massage parlor.
Sorry Peggy, Brdmom and Soup, I couldn't resist. lol2
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyWed May 15, 2019 4:09 pm

I don't think it's automatically necessary to release this sex tape to the public. I mean he's not the president after all. Unless of course it's common practice to release sex tapes of common offenders. If that's the case then let's see it. The problem for me isn't the solicitation. The problem is that he was a cheapskate who availed himself of a virtual sex slave. The man can afford Stormy Daniels after all! And he can afford to pay her off as well! So come on Kraft. Next time you want to get off with a stranger hire an escort and tip her well. Hey! You know what I mean!

couch :2thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptySat May 18, 2019 10:43 pm

LB Jamie Collins and TE Benjamin Watson, classic Patriots both, returned to the team this week via free agency. Can't wait to see them back in action where they belong. yay
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 5:50 pm

BA, OBJ made it to Mandatory Minicamp.
I truly like your new HC, Kitchens. He's a no-nonsense kind of guy. highfive
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 10:27 pm

HRD, what's your opinion of Michael Thomas holding out?
Just read his salary for the 2019-2020 season ($1.1M), and if he needs me to march with him, I'm available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL 2019 off-season   NFL 2019 off-season Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL 2019 off-season
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next