AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inControversy at Chuchill Downs TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptyControversy at Chuchill Downs EmptyControversy at Chuchill Downs Empty 
gin (20877)
Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptyControversy at Chuchill Downs EmptyControversy at Chuchill Downs Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Controversy at Chuchill Downs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stuntdog

stuntdog

Controversy at Chuchill Downs Empty
PostSubject: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptySun May 05, 2019 7:43 am

First time ever disqualification (of winning horse) at 2019 Kentucky Derby.

rulez

couch
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptySun May 05, 2019 4:29 pm

More bad things happen to horses in Game of Thrones. What's a little lane violation?
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptySun May 05, 2019 7:39 pm

The Derby is a rough race generally; there was no precedent for a minor foul like that causing disqualification. This is replay being used to the detriment of the sport. It's like in football--replay would show some holding somewhere on nearly every play, but would anyone want it called? There is an overly-strict adherence to the "rules" here that allows for no grey area, something necessary to most sports.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 4:32 pm

TBC, which is more important/relevant? The WWC or the UEFA?

Got a chance to watch a replay of the WWC opener, France vs. South Korea. Man, France looks good. I heard they're the favorite, and from what I saw, they sure are.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 5:47 pm

I've gotten hooked on the WWC.
I can't wait to get home and watch the replay. I even turned off the alerts so I won't know the winner until I watch the game.
Have I mentioned, I'm hooked? yay
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Both the USA and France made it to the quarter-finals yesterday. And, I heard, the game was sold out in an hour.
I'm going to pull for the USA squad to pull an upset over France. Okay, the USA team are the actual favorites, but we are talking about the "home-team" with respect to "Le Bleu"!
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptyTue Jun 25, 2019 6:47 pm

Wish Job were here. He'd be loving this one.

I am certain that the USWNT's time of dominance is done. It only happened originally because Mia Hamm, Christine Lilly, Brandy Chastain, and all the other heroes of WWC 1999 had youth soccer programs growing up, high schools with girls' sports on par with the boys, and Title XI in college. In most countries soccer is the #1 sport and in quite a few of them they have been making a push to get women active from a young age. Spain made just their second appearance in the WWC and acquitted themselves quite well. In their round-of-16 tilt vs the US the vaunted Americans were unable to score from open play, the only goals allowed being a pair of penalty shots. I watched the second half and I barely saw any good chances at goal. Las Rojas were well-marshaled on defense and the US just had no spark of creativity for breaking them down.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Thought the US Women got lucky. Rapinoe's goal in the first 5 minutes went through about about three different sets of legs untouched and somehow the French keeper didn't move to where the ball was headed initially on the kick. She was anticipating a touch that never came. There were a ton of turnovers in their own half by the US which France somehow failed to make them pay for until very late.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptySat Jun 29, 2019 7:21 pm

TBC wrote:
Thought the US Women got lucky. Rapinoe's goal in the first 5 minutes went through about about three different sets of legs untouched and somehow the French keeper didn't move to where the ball was headed initially on the kick. She was anticipating a touch that never came. There were a ton of turnovers in their own half by the US which France somehow failed to make them pay for until very late.
TBC, initially I thought it was touched by someone, anyone, but as you mentioned no one got a touch including the goalkeeper.
Her second goal, although the cross was mishit, was beautiful to watch.

The French did have several chances, but just couldn't put it in the back of the net.
That Wendy Rennard, is some kind of specimen. 6'2"! She only got one during the quarter final match.

The Teams are set for the Semis:

England vs. U.S.A. - Tuesday (July 2) 12:00/noon

Netherlands vs. Sweden - Wednesday (July 3) 12:00/noon

Speaking of the match between the Swedes and the Germans...Who would've thought Germany would come out on the short end of the stick.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 5:06 pm

TBC, I really enjoyed the 2019 WWC.

And yeah, everyone assumed the U.S. Team would win the cup. Megan Ripeno is my new hero. She was impressive throughout.
Oh, and I saw Alex Morgan at the ESPYS. What a pair of legs. Hubba hubba!

Also got a chance to watch the CONCACAF finals. Not sure what was said at half-tme, but Mexico came out and dominated.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs EmptyTue Jul 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Forbes came out with their top 50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises yesterday.

1. Dallas Cowboys - $5B
2. New York Yankees - $4.6B
3. Real Madrid - $4.2B
4. Barcelona - $4.02B
5. New York Knicks - $4B

Oh, HRD! Oh, TBC!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controversy at Chuchill Downs   Controversy at Chuchill Downs Empty

Back to top Go down

Controversy at Chuchill Downs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: General Sports Talk (Olympics, Golf, Soccer, Etc.)-
Jump to: