AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost
 
HomeMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 MLB 2012 Season

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Yep, season is far from over, but now is the time to start putting it together, get a good streak going.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:43 pm

@JJ wrote:
hockey season is ridiculously long...you have no room to talk. 36

also, what the HELL happened to my Cardinals?!


injuries?
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:51 pm

INJURIES GALORE!
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

avatar

Posts : 7746
Join date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:55 pm

waht they get a sliver from the bat

_________________
HEY YOU...GET OFF MY GRASS
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:08 pm

@Ez wrote:
Yep, season is far from over, but now is the time to start putting it together, get a good streak going.
I can't believe it's almost July and they have only played the Yankees 3 times this year
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:09 pm

yes. judgy
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:09 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Ez wrote:
Yep, season is far from over, but now is the time to start putting it together, get a good streak going.
I can't believe it's almost July and they have only played the Yankees 3 times this year


the Braves haven't been to our park yet :O
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:11 pm

@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@Ez wrote:
Yep, season is far from over, but now is the time to start putting it together, get a good streak going.
I can't believe it's almost July and they have only played the Yankees 3 times this year


the Braves haven't been to our park yet
I know, the yankees were at fenway to open the season, but we haven't played them since It means there are numerous opportunities to gain ground on the leaders
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:11 pm

@ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
waht they get a sliver from the bat


torn tendons and ligaments
muscle strains
degenerative knees
fractured back

I don't even remember what else dunno
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:13 pm

@blondie wrote:
@ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
waht they get a sliver from the bat


torn tendons and ligaments
muscle strains
degenerative knees
fractured back

I don't even remember what else
hangnails, intestinal turmoil,hemorrhoids, webbed feet......no wait sorry, that's the list of side effects from the latest medicine they are advertising on TV
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:20 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:53 pm

They finally got a walk off win....barely but they did it

No thanks to a certain Mr. Cinco Ocho 36
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 am

all i can say is, the Marlins are really a bad team. the weather heated up a little and the balls were flying out of the park last night. about time they got some hitting

they are out of the basement and have picked up 2 games in 2 nights on 1st place. alooooong way to go, but picking up games in inter-league play is a bonus
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 am

@blondie wrote:
They finally got a walk off win....barely but they did it

No thanks to a certain Mr. Cinco Ocho
ready to throw batteries at him yet??
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 am

battery throwing Philly fans. 36
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:29 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
all i can say is, the Marlins are really a bad team. the weather heated up a little and the balls were flying out of the park last night. about time they got some hitting

they are out of the basement and have picked up 2 games in 2 nights on 1st place. alooooong way to go, but picking up games in inter-league play is a bonus


I think the Marlins were the first series we won.

Take the last game from them tonight, we'll beat the Rockies and we'll be tied with the fish for 4th place woooo
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:30 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
They finally got a walk off win....barely but they did it

No thanks to a certain Mr. Cinco Ocho
ready to throw batteries at him yet??


no, it wasn't a save situation. And I think he was getting squeezed from the ump. At least from the boos in the crowd it sounded that way.

we won so its all good.
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:31 pm

@JJ wrote:
battery throwing Philly fans. 36


that was a long time ago sbob

not saying it couldn't happen again though for the right person
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:33 pm

@blondie wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
all i can say is, the Marlins are really a bad team. the weather heated up a little and the balls were flying out of the park last night. about time they got some hitting

they are out of the basement and have picked up 2 games in 2 nights on 1st place. alooooong way to go, but picking up games in inter-league play is a bonus


I think the Marlins were the first series we won.

Take the last game from them tonight, we'll beat the Rockies and we'll be tied with the fish for 4th place
we'll have to hit again, Diasuke is pitching.

They fucked bard all up, he was a great 8th inning guy last year, they tried to make hima starter, last night he blew a save in the minors, gave up hits, hit a batter. he's lost all of his control


Just like what the Yanks did to joba Chamberlain, he is Chuck Knoblauch for chrissakes
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:49 pm

we have Worely tonight so I feel good about that

tomorrow the Rays come in against Lee - who will be going for his first win

I read last night that we are actually leading the NL in scoring since the end of April and 4th in the majors. If we can get the pitching and defense back to where they should be, we could actually make a real run at this thing.

Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:53 pm

@blondie wrote:
we have Worely tonight so I feel good about that

tomorrow the Rays come in against Lee - who will be going for his first win

I read last night that we are actually leading the NL in scoring since the end of April and 4th in the majors. If we can get the pitching and defense back to where they should be, we could actually make a real run at this thing.

amazing about perception vs reality uisn't it. the red sox bullpen has been the best in the majors since the end of april, yet all anybody was talking about was how our pitching sucked. in reality, we weren't getting great starting pitching, but even our worst pitcher at the time (bucholz), was winning most of his games it was our hitting and the lineup changes with all the injuries that were hurting the team
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:58 pm

opposite here

in april, they couldn't hit the side of a barn and our pitchers were doing great, but losing tight games

now, Cliff Lee an Co. can't even hold a 4 run lead. Our bullpen has a lot of guys out for the season and we're picking thru AAA to find a couple that stick. The coaches have been really hands on lately trying to fix things.

our defense is playing like the replacement players that they are.

to sum up - they've learned how to lose in every way tongue

Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:41 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
we have Worely tonight so I feel good about that

tomorrow the Rays come in against Lee - who will be going for his first win

I read last night that we are actually leading the NL in scoring since the end of April and 4th in the majors. If we can get the pitching and defense back to where they should be, we could actually make a real run at this thing.

amazing about perception vs reality uisn't it. the red sox bullpen has been the best in the majors since the end of april, yet all anybody was talking about was how our pitching sucked. in reality, we weren't getting great starting pitching, but even our worst pitcher at the time (bucholz), was winning most of his games it was our hitting and the lineup changes with all the injuries that were hurting the team

I know, I saw yesterday that Clay is 8-2, I couldn't believe it.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 pm

MLB analyzed your pitchers - The Sox win most in the games that Doubrant (?) and Bucholz pitch. You have a losing record when Beckett goes.
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:47 pm

@Ez wrote:
@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
we have Worely tonight so I feel good about that

tomorrow the Rays come in against Lee - who will be going for his first win

I read last night that we are actually leading the NL in scoring since the end of April and 4th in the majors. If we can get the pitching and defense back to where they should be, we could actually make a real run at this thing.

amazing about perception vs reality uisn't it. the red sox bullpen has been the best in the majors since the end of april, yet all anybody was talking about was how our pitching sucked. in reality, we weren't getting great starting pitching, but even our worst pitcher at the time (bucholz), was winning most of his games it was our hitting and the lineup changes with all the injuries that were hurting the team

I know, I saw yesterday that Clay is 8-2, I couldn't believe it.
yet lester has pitched better than him and beckett has pitched better than him over the course of the season, and don't have records nearly as good
perception vs. reality
If they score enough runs, the pitcher wins and everyone thinks he's pitching well

I'm not saying that any of them have been pitching as well as they should, but it's been more the injuries that have kept them from being consistent

all i know is, when it get's hot, they hit better, and the weather has been unusually cool up until this point in Bostion
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Im just amazed they are still in it after all the injuries.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:50 pm

@blondie wrote:
MLB analyzed your pitchers - The Sox win most in the games that Doubrant (?) and Bucholz pitch. You have a losing record when Beckett goes.
it's all about run support. Look at how many runs they give Bucholz and Doubront, then compare it to what they have been giving Lester and beckett. beckett i know has lost a couple of games 1-0 or 2-1, can't blame him for that. My opinion is, if your starter gives you 6 innings with 3-4 runs, he's done his job, unless he is an elite pitcher, which there aren't many of. it's up to the hitters to score some runs to win games
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:55 pm

@Ez wrote:
Im just amazed they are still in it after all the injuries.
me too, I actually like the line-up with Nava, Middlebrooks, Kalish, Ross, Papi salty aviles and Pedey ( if he isn't hurt) and A-gon( provided he gets more than singles).

salty has been better than i expected him to be, aviles and Ross too imagine if they were getting more out of A-Gon
Back to top Go down
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Yea, lots of good young talent.

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:42 pm

@iwantmycrayons wrote:
@blondie wrote:
MLB analyzed your pitchers - The Sox win most in the games that Doubrant (?) and Bucholz pitch. You have a losing record when Beckett goes.
it's all about run support. Look at how many runs they give Bucholz and Doubront, then compare it to what they have been giving Lester and beckett. beckett i know has lost a couple of games 1-0 or 2-1, can't blame him for that. My opinion is, if your starter gives you 6 innings with 3-4 runs, he's done his job, unless he is an elite pitcher, which there aren't many of. it's up to the hitters to score some runs to win games


I hear ya - Blanton has 6 wins, Cliff Lee - zero wins

believe me, I hear ya
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:48 am

great comeback win, a double by salty, homer by middlebrooks, a single and great baserunning by kalish, and a single to go aheadby nava!!!

6-5
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:42 am

we lost

a lead off HR is the only run they scored - can't keep letting that happening


the Rays series begins tonight - need at least 2 of 3 (don't we always?)
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 am

@blondie wrote:
we lost

a lead off HR is the only run they scored - can't keep letting that happening


the Rays series begins tonight - need at least 2 of 3 (don't we always?)
a mutual sweep would be helpful for both of our teams, we play Atlanta
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 am

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that happens

someone needs to beat Washington.

I guess this is how the rest of the NL used to feel watching us the last couple years 77


its no fun being on this side of the fence :|
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:04 am

@blondie wrote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that happens

someone needs to beat Washington.

I guess this is how the rest of the NL used to feel watching us the last couple years


its no fun being on this side of the fence
looking up in the standings is much harder than looking down to see who is chasing you
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:22 am

yes cry
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:21 am

i see Youk changed the color of his sox....
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 am

@Derek wrote:
i see Youk changed the color of his sox....
yeah, I wish him the best. He was the odd man out with Middlebrooks playing as well as has been. And the sox only had to pay 5 million dollars of his salary
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 am

hes one of those hardcore gritty players that i love...hate to see him leave you guys but i guess its time to move on..he went to the wrong chicago team tho...lol...damnit
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 am

@Derek wrote:
hes one of those hardcore gritty players that i love...hate to see him leave you guys but i guess its time to move on..he went to the wrong chicago team tho...lol...damnit
It would have been awkward to trade him to the Cubbies. besides, you already gave us the only prospect you had, you know the great chris carpenter, who has been on the DL since we got him
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:39 am

haha we had way better prospects to give up..not sure how we got away with just giving you guys that dude really....
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:13 am

Offense is BACK!
Back to top Go down
JJ
Moderator


Posts : 3580
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:14 am

@blondie wrote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that happens

someone needs to beat Washington.

I guess this is how the rest of the NL used to feel watching us the last couple years 77


its no fun being on this side of the fence :|

ahhh...but it's humbling...
Back to top Go down
blondie

avatar

Posts : 18214
Join date : 2012-04-09
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:27 am

Chase Utley should be back Wednesday. He can only make it better, right?
Back to top Go down
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:28 pm

@Derek wrote:
haha we had way better prospects to give up..not sure how we got away with just giving you guys that dude really....
can i ask,if you have better prospects, why aren't they playing ??
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm

they say they want them to reach a certain amount of goals in triple A and get a certain amount of games in...which is stupid to me...also we have soriano hogging up outfield still with his mega bucks..and we have a log jam at 1st base ..someones gonnna have to move to the outfield...but i think Rizzo an Vitters will be up after the allstar break...and next year a couple more will move up as we get rid of more of the oldies
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
iwantmycrayons

avatar

Posts : 12893
Join date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:37 pm

@Derek wrote:
they say they want them to reach a certain amount of goals in triple A and get a certain amount of games in...which is stupid to me...also we have soriano hogging up outfield still with his mega bucks..and we have a log jam at 1st base ..someones gonnna have to move to the outfield...but i think Rizzo an Vitters will be up after the allstar break...and next year a couple more will move up as we get rid of more of the oldies
I could understand that if you were winning more games, but to me at this point why wait, you might as well let them come up and play,
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 pm

thats what most cubs fans think and say...but we got quite a few up and playing already...more than before..in the next year we'll see tons of them....but the thing is too, is in the past decade we've had some major prospects come up and ALL of them were flops...but Castro and LaHair look promising at least
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9117
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 37
Location : Amarillo, TX

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 pm

I still think the Cubs should have given up Castro for Theo. coffee

_________________
He is the Prince who was promised, and his is the song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
Derek

avatar

Posts : 15290
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:16 pm

i dono man...he runs to the dug out with the ball when there is only 2 outs allowing runners to advance..and looks into the outfield while the pitcher is in mid windup...he has A.D.D. me thinks
Back to top Go down
http://afterlost.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MLB 2012 Season   

Back to top Go down
 
MLB 2012 Season
Back to top 
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: MLB Happenings-
Jump to: