AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeRegisterLog inThe Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22382)
The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThe Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThe Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 Empty 
gin (20813)
The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThe Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThe Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
iwantmycrayons (12922)
ExpletiveDeleted (9955)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
Keith (5172)

The Expanse - Syfy

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MrBill60

MrBill60

The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 12:11 pm

That's excellent. More fans.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 7:28 pm

No way she would ever join here. Her spelling is atrocious, the legacy of a childhood spent bouncing from one foster home to another. She has to ask me how to spell common words, but I have noticed that she's never asked for the same word twice.

Getting antsier about the start of Season 4.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 6:29 pm

More Avasarala book quotes ...  

- “My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.”

- "That man’s asshole must be tight enough right now to bend space.”

- “How the fuck do you keep your hair like that? I look like a hedgehog’s been humping my skull.”

Amos: You got it, Chrissie.
- "Don't fucking call me that!  I'm the Acting Secretary-general of the United Nations, not your favorite stripper.."
Amos:  "Could be room for both."
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 5:02 am

@MrBill60 wrote:
More Avasarala book quotes ...  

Amos:  You got it,  Chrissie.
- "Don't fucking call me that!  I'm the Acting Secretary-general of the United Nations, not your favorite stripper.."
Amos:  "Could be room for both."

lmao lol4
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 1:48 pm

I love Avasarala. I love Amos.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 3:23 pm

SDCC is next weekend and the Expanse S4 will be heavily promoted. Looking foward to the panels, teasers and possibly the release date. Wish I could go because its right in my neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 11:23 pm

I feel like it's Turkey Day and gorging myself with Expanse content from SDCC.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 1:21 pm

It's official, the release date for The Expanse S4 is Dec. 13.  

Amazon Prime has released a teaser and a clip,  it looks so awesome, I can't wait!

Season 4 Clip and Teaser:

Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 5:04 pm

wonderful.

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 am

S4 Preview spoiler:

Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 8:25 am

@MrBill60 wrote:
S4 Preview spoiler:

Reply:

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 1:35 pm

@TBC wrote:
@MrBill60 wrote:
S4 Preview spoiler:

Reply:

Reply :

Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 6:57 pm

@MrBill60 wrote:
@TBC wrote:
@MrBill60 wrote:
S4 Preview spoiler:

Reply:

Reply :

Reply :

Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 11:53 pm

Question...why are we spoiler tagging commentary about a teaser trailer that is just sitting there?
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 11:55 am

I guess there's no reason to spoiler tag in this thread. Some folks in other sites /threads are purists about not being spoiled by teasers, etc., but that's definitely not the case here.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 8:19 pm

If you want to talk openly please do so. If I want to skip over conversation I'll do so. I haven't watched the trailers but you guys post on this thread more than I do.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 11:13 am

Here's a new Fan made Trailer for S4.    Season 4 premieres on Dec. 13th.   I also read that Amazon has already greenlit Season 5.  

Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 6:20 pm

Excellent
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 7:04 am

Something in there goes back to my previous post about the Tachi being improperly designed. I do notice that the uniform patches now say "Rocinante" instead of "Tachi", so I guess the MCRN gave up and let them have the ship outright.

Recall though what I wrote, that the ship should be more towards a cube with three decks. The control deck should be dead center to minimize any inertial effects of hard maneuvering.

The ship is not primarily designed to land on a planet, but in the clip they do just that. They have to find a convenient cliff to set down next to because the hatch is too far off the ground. If the ship had been designed reasonably they could have set down anywhere and exited down a short ramp.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 9:55 am

There's definitely a time jump from the end of S3 to the events we see in S4. Enough time has passed to have surveyed a new planet and build a settlement and to refit the Roci by adding landing struts and adding a hull mounted rail gun. We see a scene of Alex firing it. Looks like they also modified the thrusters for landing since the main Epstien drive would probably incinerate any landing area. The Tachi wasn't originally designed to land on earth type planets.  It's a Corvette class Martian ship designed primarily for patrolling space.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 3:20 pm

I don't think Fred Johnson did the retrofit work. It's probably beyond his abilities. The fact that Alex is giving it a test-fire way off in another solar system possibly means that there is some party they want to keep in the dark about it's existence. My guess for this would be the original owners. All this points to the work having been done at the express order of Jimmy Boy's Numero Uno Fan Girl, Secretary-General Avasarala.

Probably would not take long with the facilities of Ford Shipyards, whoever is running the operation there now that Mao-Kwikowski is no more. Who knows? Maybe some fictional descendant the current, original company family ownership is still kicking about. I always wanted a spaceship that was "Built Ford Tough".
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 1:20 pm

There should be some new activity over the week regarding the Expanse at NYCC.  Full panel discussions and a screening of S4E1.  Lucky dogs.  Hopefully we'll get some more details on S4 and S5.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 1:29 pm

Another new Expanse S4 trailer released at NYCC.  Some new scenes and a JFK voiceover.  

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 1:16 pm

The latest official S4 Trailer ..

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Here's a pretty funny recap of the previous seasons courtesy of Kevin Smith ...

Spoiler Warning.

If you want a serious non-spoiler primer to the Expanse, this is the best vid to watch:

Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 4:19 pm

After listening to nearly 15 minutes of Kevin Smith I can see why he made movies with his buddy Jason Mews getting all the dialogue. Aside from the serious rant in Chasing Amy, that is. But Gods, the man is hilarious!
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 10:01 pm

He had a brief rant in Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back too, not that that's a good reason to watch the film, mind you. There are far better reasons, Will Ferrell and Eliza Dushku come to mind without thinking too hard. There's also an orangutan. And Mark Hamill. Shit, if you saw the first four, it's worth watching just for the inside jokes, and if you've seen none of them, you just might enjoy it anyway, it has that Mallrats sense of humour with a considerably better budget.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 11:00 pm

I haven't seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back for some reason which amounts to I just haven't seen it *yet*, and I really was not as enamored with Mallrats as I was with the other three movies. It felt like he was trying to take the lightning he had captured in a bottle with Clerks and make it work with a bigger budget and higher production values.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 12:24 am

Take that same general concept, apply it to Dogma, then drop all pretension of character-driven plot in favor of a self-referentional excuse to stitch together the aforementioned stars, James VanDerBeek, Jason Biggs, Smith's wife, The Scooby-Doo gang (sans Scrappy of course), and i'll never remember them all. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck each play multiple roles, including their original roles and appearing as themselves.

If you like the series as a whole, especially if you enjoyed Dogma, i think it'll make you laugh. You might not feel a desire to re-watch, but i doubt you'd regret seeing it once.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 9:36 am

I enjoyed Dogma. It was a combination satire and general comedy and even a little bit thriller. One of my favorite moments was the dueling dollars scene at the strip club.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 1:51 pm

@TBC wrote:
I haven't seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back for some reason which amounts to I just haven't seen it *yet* 
Affleck: (in character of Shannon) (incredulous) I mean, a Bluntman and Chronic MOVIE?!? *scoffs* What kind of idiots would pay to see that?
Affleck, Mewes, and Smith: *turn to look at camera*
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 5:10 pm

So with a little over a week to go until Prime does a Season Dump I am doing a casual rewatch. Just got the the part in S2 E7 I think where Avasarala walks into the Errinwright's office, talks about reaching out to Mao, getting him to come in from the cold, possibly trying to get his remaining children on board...and then she turns to threatening because she's the god damned hero who saved Earth from annihilation. Another one of my favorite Avasarala scenes.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 12:05 pm

great scene.

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 3:14 pm

I love that little wink / smile at the end of her rant as she leaves that says .. by the way, I know what you're up too.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 7:45 pm

The new season of the Expanse drops on Friday.  I haven't been this excited about a show in a long time.

The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 79514810
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 8:07 pm

woooo pizza beer eee
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 9:18 pm

I notice that Prime is also dropping a new season of Top...sorry...Grand Tour starting with a special featuring the Misadventuring Motorists abandoning their wheeled conveyances in favor of floating ones in an attempt to cross the Mekong River Delta. In small boats. Watched the preview, Hammond is driving something straight out of Apocalypse Now, May has a 20' cabin cruiser that is at least 50 years old, and Jeremy, always going for the "over the top", is driving a boat better suited for hauling sun tanned cuties in strapless bikinis around Biscayne Bay at high speed while annoying the folks under sail. Do we even have a Top Gear/Grand Tour thread? Meh...never mind. Just more stuff on Prime to look forward to.

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 8:13 pm

@TBC wrote:
I notice that Prime is also dropping a new season of Top...sorry...Grand Tour starting with a special featuring the Misadventuring Motorists abandoning their wheeled conveyances in favor of floating ones in an attempt to cross the Mekong River Delta. In small boats. Watched the preview, Hammond is driving something straight out of Apocalypse Now, May has a 20' cabin cruiser that is at least 50 years old, and Jeremy, always going for the "over the top", is driving a boat better suited for hauling sun tanned cuties in strapless bikinis around Biscayne Bay at high speed while annoying the folks under sail. Do we even have a Top Gear/Grand Tour thread? Meh...never mind. Just more stuff on Prime to look forward to.

OT , but I've been enjoying watching some of Doug DeMuro's youtube reviews on exotic supercars. Just caught his review of the W8 Vectra from the 80's. It looks like they ransacked a graveyarded F4 Phantom Jet for the avionics and shoved them in the dash. It's a bizarre mix of GM parts and aircraft avionics. They have a multi function display complete with the buttons, an analog compass and the light dimmers that look like trim wheels off the aircraft. Instead of airspeed and altitude the Hud tapes show groundspeed and rpms. It's totally bizarre. Here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WEhsS9ybwk

Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 8:10 am

Yup. That thing is out there all right. He's a bit in error about one thing though. The aircraft bits, calling them "80s". Go watch Top Gun, one of the definitive "80s" movies. The F-14 Tomcat first flew in 1974 (and the prototype crashed on it's maiden flight, making a nice fire in the woods not far from where the Islanders play...but Bethpage, home of Grumman, and Farmingdale, home of Republic, are only a mile apart, so experimental aircraft falling out of the sky was not unusual in that part of Long Island). Everything you see in the cockpit was 60s tech, including the amber CRT screens. The interior of the W8 actually reminded me of my beloved A-6 (another Grumman bird) somewhat more. Mostly because of the side-by-side seating. The pilot and BN in an A-6 sit about that close.

Oh, speaking of Grumman, did you ever hear the story of the guy who shot himself down? Happened with the fighter that Grumman made before the Tomcat, which if memory serves was the F-10. But don't quote that because I am writing this with actually checking it. What I am certain of, some time in the mid '60s a Navy guy was evaluating the plane, they were putting it through a series of tests. One of these was test firing the guns with live ammunition, shooting at an empty patch of the Atlantic south of Long Island. Flying straight and level, nothing on the surface, 2 second burst. Then the guy pushed the throttle forward and the nose down. This was a mistake, because although the rounds he had fired were initially traveling at a much higher velocity than the plane they slowed quickly. The result was an intercepting trajectory between the plane and the bullet stream. So within seconds of nose down speed up he felt "several impacts" and realized he was flying a crippled bird. He called to say he was out and pulled the eject lever. His initial belief had been bird strikes, but a review established that he has lost control surface. Bird strikes would only be able to take out the engines. He had to have hit something metal, that meant the rounds he had fired. Congratulations, Lieutenant. You shot yourself down. Or should I say, Congratulations, Lieutenant, Junior Grade.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 11:53 am

Hehe, yeah, I think I heard about that one. (Just looked it up, it was an F-11 Tiger).  He was literally flying faster than a speeding bullet.

Tomorrow is Expanse day!  yay!
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 7:17 pm

S4 just dropped - a day early!
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 7:29 pm

WHAT???
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Horly Hannah!! It's there. Ten Episodes.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 8:41 pm

First episode down, so far so good.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 1:31 pm

I'm not going to spoil anything but I've seen 3 eps and it looks great and also happy that they are finally showing us Mars.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Well, that was a hell of a ride. Was not as intense as Season 3 but still pretty edge-of-the-seat.

Some non-spoilerish stuff...

Different actor playing Chrisjen's husband and I don't like him. I don't think he did as good of a job playing the spouse of a strong character who knows how to be the foil and support for their partner. The original guy did that well, this guy just threw tantrums and acted like an asshole.

Shohreh was great as usual, this time playing Avasarala as someone doing their best in a position they neither asked for nor were well suited for.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 3:03 pm

, re: Arjun. Before he introduced himself to Bobbie. I originally thought he was the priest who Anna tried to convince to stay on the ship in S3.    I think they should have just mentioned him like Dawes and Fred instead of showing a different actor.  Maybe he has a bigger part later in the season,  I don't know.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Looking back I think it was a mistake to have Arjun...not the actor playing the role but the character himself...doing what he did. You will know what I am talking about when you watch further. Chrisjen is not where she really should be sitting the Sec-Gen chair, but Arjun is even further from his comfort zone in his role, and he chose that willingly where as Chrisjen had the "Boss" mantle just dropped on her after Errinwright and Sorrento-Gillis collectively screwed the pooch.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 2:00 am

Episode 1:

Fortunately I read some of the corresponding book (I gave up on the book though because it wasn't doing it for me) because I think the first episode was a little confusing. I liked it though. Avasarala was a profane delight. It was good to the see the Rocinante. The crew may end up regretting taking on this mission. The scenes with Draper were very interesting. Meanwhile Drummer had the best line. Something like: Thank God my friend has a boyfriend who has an imaginary friend. Looking forward to episode 2.
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 6:31 am

That was a great line by Drummer.

The season is basically following four arcs, loosely connected. The Roci crew beyond the gateway, Drummer and Ashford working on Belter stuff on this side of the gateway and at Medina Station which is what the Nauvoo, in orbit around the central sphere, has been renamed, Avasarala mostly at UN HQ, and Bobbie on Mars. I think Frankie Adams had the toughest job because aside from one brief scene with Shohreh she didn't have any previously established characters or setting to play off of. It's like she was making a completely different series, Bobbie Draper of Mars or something like that, on another soundstage while The Expanse was being filmed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Expanse - Syfy   The Expanse - Syfy - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Expanse - Syfy
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next