AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inCastle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyCastle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyCastle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 Empty 
gin (20877)
Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyCastle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyCastle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

Castle Rock - HULU

Go down 
+3
Big John
davidalan
sandi
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
davidalan

davidalan

Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 5:19 am

hey sandi. i referred to the points you made in my very long post a few posts back. But here they are again maybe this time written more coherently.

yes a nexus in that point in the woods were many life threads meet and pass through. one thing i said was that the bullet that killed (that) Molly might have come from that team of men and bloodhounds (probably hunting for an escapee from Shawshank).

I also indicated that the advancing ages of the Henry Deavers depended on when their respective fathers passed away. The adult (Caucasian) Henry Deaver returned to Maine after hearing that his father blew his brains out. The child (Black) Henry Deaver exited his timespan but returned only after his father was finished off by the Molly who survived. Interesting that the Molly who killed lived and the Molly who didn't (and who apparently had her shit together) died. Weird. No Name Henry Deaver perhaps being trapped in the "wrong" timespan cannot age? Because as his appearance often suggests he's just a ghost there. I also wondered if he had basically lost his memory the moment he was trapped in the other Henry Deaver's wintry rescue.

i made other points (I think) but the above responds to what you just posted (maybe. i guess).
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 5:26 am

I'll definitely read back, david.

david wrote:
No Name Henry Deaver perhaps being trapped in the "wrong" timespan cannot age?
I think he only ages relative to the passage of time in his "timespan".

david wrote:
The child (Black) Henry Deaver exited his timespan but returned only after his father was finished off by the Molly who survived
Child Henry Deaver was missing for 11 days in his timespan but Rev Deaver kept him in a cage for many years in No Name's timespan.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 5:36 am

now i wonder if this nexus or what have you is not just an anomaly but an absolute mistake with a disastrous impact on the area: the accidents; suicides; fires; etc. also is the nexus a phenomenon in and of itself, as in natural, or have forces that SK is famous for been playing with the rightful order of the universe? And those who don't belong in another timeline (dimension) carry the negative impact of the nexus more fully and immediately. No Name seems to have caused destruction with a touch. Very young Henry Deaver causes Molly to have all sorts of visions when she touches him. Also where young HD was staying there was a fire similar to what happened at Juniper Hills. My side money is on Jackie having some connection to all this. You'd think she would have shown up in the real No Name Henry Deaver reality, but no. Molly seems to have good relations with her sister (I guess so anyway). But no Jackie.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 5:38 am

sandi wrote:
I'll definitely read back, david.

david wrote:
No Name Henry Deaver perhaps being trapped in the "wrong" timespan cannot age?
I think he only ages relative to the passage of time in his "timespan".

david wrote:
The child (Black) Henry Deaver exited his timespan but returned only after his father was finished off by the Molly who survived
Child Henry Deaver was missing for 11 days in his timespan but Rev Deaver kept him in a cage for many years in No Name's timespan.

Okay I guess I missed these concepts or their interpretations. This makes much more sense. Basically young Henry was in No Name's timespan missing for far more than 11 days. This makes both Henry Deavers a lot more parallel.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 5:48 am

Oh please don't tell me this is some sort of multi dimensional thing where there are many earths and many version of ourselves. I'm gonna hate that ending.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 5:49 am

david wrote:
Also where young HD was staying there was a fire similar to what happened at Juniper Hills.

Which makes me wonder if No Name was trying to recreate a chain of events which led young Henry back to his timeframe, thinking it might lead him back to his.

I need to sleep and rewatch -- maybe the last three episodes -- from Ruth's trippy experiences forward.

I think a parrallel can be drawn to Ruth's memories being jumbled and the "nexus" -- perhaps the universe can't decide the proper sequence of events and behaves like Ruth in that spot. I didn't explain that well -- but I hope you get where I'm trying to go with it.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 5:51 am

Big John wrote:
Oh please don't tell me this is some sort of multi dimensional thing where there are many earths and many version of ourselves. I'm gonna hate that ending.

It certainly is a theme that SK has played with in several novels.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 5:54 am

I'm going to try and go back to sleep -- catch everyone later.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 6:23 am

If there are simply a number of dimensions, yes that might be insufficient, but if there is some reason for the overlap or merging of dimensions in the woods, then that might be something worth exploring. Particularly if there's a cause, whether natural or evil (for instance).

Meanwhile Bonne Nuit a Tous! Dormez Bien. Sleep
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 6:27 am

I wonder now if it isn't the woods where any return to nexus normalcy must occur, but in the Deaver's house itself. I don't know. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Inserting back to an earlier episode, Jack(ie) Torrance? Wow, she's a chatter box. Didn't quite get the scene where she's checking out the bed in the abandoned warehouse and NN comes in naked. I think the next scene she's in the car with him, smoking pot, and chattering away like nothing happened. I take it nothing did happened between them but that was just weird.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Yes that was a weird scene. But it was a weirder edit. What did happen? My guess is that NN quietly got dressed and some introduction occurred.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Yes that was a weird scene. But it was a weirder edit. What did happen? My guess is that NN quietly got dressed and some introduction occurred.

Weirder still is this propensity for double posts! thinking

Last edited by davidalan on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 9:32 pm

davidalan wrote:

Yeah, maybe it was to show that she has inherited some wacky genes from her namesake and an odd looking naked stranger approaching her in an abandoned warehouse doesn't faze her. He's apparently the perfect listener, doesn't speak much and she can just carry on, lol.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 12:18 am

The perfect listener. That's hilarious. yap wine
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 12:19 am

The perfect listener. That's hilarious. yap wine

more double posting wth

Last edited by davidalan on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 am

I've finally caught up, but will need to rewatch a few episodes because I'm sure I've missed some details in my binge watching.  Ep9, I can't help but think of the "Flash Sideways", yuck.  In order to set the timelines straight, maybe NN will wind up in a white light in a church?  

Episode 8 should have been titled "A Series of Idiotic Decisions".
a. Breaking and Entry.  Was there any doubt that Deaver would be confronted by the owners? Torrance with an axe was a surprise, though.    
b. Molly driving under the influence of 4 oxycontins (I think). Surprised she made it in one piece and didn't kill anyone in the process.
c. Wendell getting off the bus and returning to Castle Rock.  That can't be good.

I guess Willy decided that spikes into his ears wasn't such a good idea and decided to spike Odin's eye instead.  That was a weird relationship and Willy's signing interpretation was a little too perfected, like he's heard it so many times that he knew it verbatim.  Interesting that he never signed back to Odin, but I guess Odin was a good lip reader.

Episode 9,  

NN told Molly that she could help him.  So was she responsible for NN remembering his other life and before that he had limited knowledge of it?  

This brings me back to Ep 7 and Ruth's time slippage.
if NN had knowledge of his other life, he didn't seem like a son trying to help his mother with her Alzheimers.  Maybe it was partly Ruth's hallucinations, but he seemed threatening and taking on the personification of her dead husband, dancing with her, wearing his coat and similar shoes.  Could it be interpreted any other way?  I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish there.

And before that, what was the purpose of having Pangborn retrieve Lacy's car?  

I'm along for the ride for now, but I do expect the show to answer some major questions by the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 6:37 am

I just now finished watching ep 9. I kept telling myself to get a bit more sleep before I have to get ready for work, but my stupid brain wouldn't allow it. I have to get this theory down or it will distract me all day long. I haven't read anything in the thread since my last post or online about this ep. Shootin' from the hip. Here goes...

I think I've got it now. Not only are we dealing with multiple timelines, we are dealing with different points of time along these timelines that are somehow intersecting, and I think I know how.

In ep 9, we saw NN's real timeline which appears to be present day. Then he was somehow transported to 1991 which turns out to be a different timeline, young Henry's timeline. In that timeline NN doesn't age, because he doesn't belong there and it confuses nature.

The timeline we have been seeing throughout the show is young Henry's original timeline. Somehow, in 1991 of that timeline, young Henry got caught in the schizma and transported to 1991 in NN's timeline where he stayed until 2018 when he came back to 1991 in his own timeline where he belongs and therefore he starts aging again. He did not age while in NN's timeline... because nature wouldn't allow it

When young Henry came back to his own timeline, his memory had been wiped. I would wager if NN gets back to his own timeline, his memory will also be wiped. Once again, nature applying itself.

Now, when these two Henrys cross into the other timelines, it confuses nature. Their presence causes nature think it has to course correct which is the cause of all the tragedies.

Obviously, the schizma has been there for quite some time, predating 1991 by... who knows how long. This means such course correcting has been going on for a lot longer than the Henry Deaver incidents, which is what I believe the characters we see within the schizma are meant to indicate. When people return to their original timeline, it is the course correcting aspect of nature that has wiped their memory.

By following Henry so closely, NN, ended up in 1991 because that is where Henry's point of origin is. If he had been in the schizma alone, or at least in a lesser proximity to Henry, he would have been transported to his own present day in that timeline.

Why do the townies think our two Henrys are evil in their new timelines? Well, let's say that direct contact with someone or something (animal, mineral, vegetable) that has traveled through the schizma causes nature to more swiftly course correct. This course correcting is perceived as evil by our simple townsfolk as they have no other frame of reference. So we see what we see.

That's as far as I am with my latest greatest theory. I still hope Pennywise shows up but I'm no longer very hopeful about that.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Great theory, it does seem like the universe is "course correcting" due to breaking the parallel universe boundaries (schizma). The effect seems to center around contact with the "intruder", but how far and how fast is it spreading? The Wildfires suggest it is spreading beyond Castle Rock, but I don't believe it has spread to other towns or other states yet. I take it that if NN travels outside of Castle Rock, he'll infect everything and everyone he comes in contact with.

Another scenario is that the source of the destruction is localized to a sphere of influence around the Schizma but it has a limited range of influence and uses the "intruders" as instruments to course correct. However because of its limited influence and range in this scenario, I wonder if NN can survive outside of the Schism's sphere of influence and regain a relatively normal life? This also means that the Town folks can abandon Castle Rock and escape the destruction and quarantine Castle Rock. But all this is doubtful and I think the goal is for NN to get back to his own universe to set everything right. He's still an intruder in this universe.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 2:23 pm

MrBill60 wrote:

I've finally caught up, but will need to rewatch a few episodes because I'm sure I've missed some details in my binge watching.  Ep9, I can't help but think of the "Flash Sideways", yuck.  In order to set the timelines straight, maybe NN will wind up in a white light in a church?  

that would be horrifying. worse still if the entire cast is there waiting for him. may as well include all the extra schisma people for good measure.

MrBill60 wrote:
Episode 8 should have been titled "A Series of Idiotic Decisions".
a. Breaking and Entry.  Was there any doubt that Deaver would be confronted by the owners? Torrance with an axe was a surprise, though.    
b. Molly driving under the influence of 4 oxycontins (I think). Surprised she made it in one piece and didn't kill anyone in the process.
c. Wendell getting off the bus and returning to Castle Rock.  That can't be good.

As I posted before, the new owners were the weakest element of that equation. Both in terms of plot and frankly acting. It would have been better if they were just out of town and out of the picture entirely. Did we really need the initial murders? Too much like American Horror Story. Deaver's discovery of all the portraits should have been the only focus. That was well done.

I also said that I was afraid that Molly would run over someone.

As for Wendell, no not good but it makes sense. Suddenly he has that ear business that I'm sure he's heard about, been told about. As I said, it probably took him as long as it did on the bus to deliberate whether to return.

MrBill60 wrote:
I guess Willy decided that spikes into his ears wasn't such a good idea and decided to spike Odin's eye instead.  That was a weird relationship and Willy's signing interpretation was a little too perfected, like he's heard it so many times that he knew it verbatim.  Interesting that he never signed back to Odin, but I guess Odin was a good lip reader.

The whole thing seemed rehearsed by the two characters. But it was intriguing.

MrBill60 wrote:
Episode 9,  

NN told Molly that she could help him.  So was she responsible for NN remembering his other life and before that he had limited knowledge of it?  

This brings me back to Ep 7 and Ruth's time slippage.
if NN had knowledge of his other life,  he didn't seem like a son trying to help his mother with her Alzheimers.  Maybe it was partly Ruth's hallucinations, but he seemed threatening and taking on the personification of her dead husband, dancing with her, wearing his coat and similar shoes.  Could it be interpreted any other way?  I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish there.

And before that, what was the purpose of having Pangborn retrieve Lacy's car?  

I'm along for the ride for now, but I do expect the show to answer some major questions by the end of the season.

NN has a difficult time communicating in this timeframe. He rarely speaks more than a sentence. But in the real NN timeframe he seemed calm and quiet anyway. Maybe that was his natural demeanor. Plus I just think a part of him at least at the time understood that Ruth was ill and just didn't want to order her around as though he was a mean health attendant.

I thought Pangborn retrieving Lacy's car was a diversion of some kind. But I don't remember any of the details and it's a long passed moment for me to reconsider.

I think there will be answers but I think they'll be presented in terms of the actions and less in the conversation of the two Henrys. Plus Molly. Plus maybe Wendell.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 3:00 pm

Big John wrote:

I just now finished watching ep 9. I kept telling myself to get a bit more sleep before I have to get ready for work, but my stupid brain wouldn't allow it. I have to get this theory down or it will distract me all day long. I haven't read anything in the thread since my last post or online about this ep. Shootin' from the hip. Here goes...

Shoot away.

Big John wrote:
I think I've got it now. Not only are we dealing with multiple timelines, we are dealing with different points of time along these timelines that are somehow intersecting, and I think I know how.

That seems right. The somehow intersecting part is what needs to be cracked. I wonder if it's where Rev Deaver has just died. Or do the two Mollys have something to do with it? Still a mystery.

Big John wrote:

In ep 9, we saw NN's real timeline which appears to be present day. Then he was somehow transported to 1991 which turns out to be a different timeline, young Henry's timeline. In that timeline NN doesn't age, because he doesn't belong there and it confuses nature.

Love the idea of confusing nature.

Big John wrote:
The timeline we have been seeing throughout the show is young Henry's original timeline. Somehow, in 1991 of that timeline, young Henry got caught in the schizma and transported to 1991 in NN's timeline where he stayed until 2018 when he came back to 1991 in his own timeline where he belongs and therefore he starts aging again. He did not age while in NN's timeline... because nature wouldn't allow it

Not only do you have nature being confused, here you have nature not allowing the aging of alien characters. Of course that's all symbolized by the caging up of the two Henrys. I wonder if part of Nature not allowing things are the wildfires, the accidents, the killings, the suicides, etc. Plus maybe the detrimental or problematic effect of people touching either Henry. Or maybe that's just the quality of the Henry who's in a year where he doesn't belong.

Big John wrote:
When young Henry came back to his own timeline, his memory had been wiped. I would wager if NN gets back to his own timeline, his memory will also be wiped. Once again, nature applying itself.

Not only is young Henry's memory wiped, I think to some extent older Henry's is too (when in the wrong timeslip) or at least his ability to communicate in a rational way. As far as I can tell, the only sentences older Henry was speaking when we heard him closest to the event were his screaming to let him out of the trunk. Did he have his full faculties then? Did he try to explain to Lacey? I wonder if he wasn't just a near zombie then with himself just a body staring down at Pangborn discovering Henry on the ice. Or was it just the long imprisoning in the Shawshank basement? But then how was he overpowered? Was he tricked? Did Lacey agree to help him?

Big John wrote:

Now, when these two Henrys cross into the other timelines, it confuses nature. Their presence causes nature think it has to course correct which is the cause of all the tragedies.

Maybe it requires a lot of elemental energy to course correct. The reverberation of Nature course correcting impacts on everything.

Big John wrote:
Obviously, the schizma has been there for quite some time, predating 1991 by... who knows how long. This means such course correcting has been going on for a lot longer than the Henry Deaver incidents, which is what I believe the characters we see within the schizma are meant to indicate. When people return to their original timeline, it is the course correcting aspect of nature that has wiped their memory.

That one girl looked colonial. Or at least early America. The police and the bloodhounds were probably from the past, but I think they were like the second Molly, drawn into the phenomenon. Meanwhile, part of me wonders if the exchanges don't just repeat themselves. Or that the schisma itself has a memory of all timelines that have passed through and exchanged. Or at least passed through. Maybe the two Henrys have been the only exchange? Not sure that that would be right. But it's the only one we've seen. I think.

Big John wrote:
By following Henry so closely, NN, ended up in 1991 because that is where Henry's point of origin is. If he had been in the schizma alone, or at least in a lesser proximity to Henry, he would have been transported to his own present day in that timeline.

Sure but maybe also because of Molly's death? Maybe? If Molly was still alive would she have traveled too? I'm not sure that NN would have been transported to his own timeline. I wonder if he could have been transported anywhere. The knife that the girl was holding (if I'm remembering that right) tells me that violence (or blood) in this rift screws things up. Or as you suggest that the two Henrys passed through it almost at the same time. Or close enough.

Big John wrote:
Why do the townies think our two Henrys are evil in their new timelines? Well, let's say that direct contact with someone or something (animal, mineral, vegetable) that has traveled through the schizma causes nature to more swiftly course correct. This course correcting is perceived as evil by our simple townsfolk as they have no other frame of reference. So we see what we see.

Well people tend to blame strangers for everything. Lacey said he heard God telling him to hunt down the older Henry basically. I wonder if this Henry said his name was Henry Deaver. But the townsfolk in young Henry's timeframe blame him for his father's death, for other events, the general malaise. They don't know about the older Henry. Young Henry's lack of memory probably didn't help his standing in the eyes of the town. And, well, his race.

Big John wrote:
That's as far as I am with my latest greatest theory. I still hope Pennywise shows up but I'm no longer very hopeful about that.

No. I don't think Pennywise is coming. Older Henry offers different expressions than he did in It. But as I said, using Bill S. was an absolute coup. Pennywise was overt evil. Older Henry is more or less a victim of circumstance. With an odd touch mechanism thrown in.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 3:14 pm

MrBill60 wrote:

Great theory,  it does seem like the universe is "course correcting" due to breaking the parallel universe boundaries (schizma).   The effect seems to center around contact with the "intruder", but how far and how fast is it spreading?  The Wildfires suggest it is spreading beyond Castle Rock, but I don't believe it has spread to other towns or other states yet.   I take it that if NN travels outside of Castle Rock, he'll infect everything and everyone he comes in contact with.

Probably. Is Shawshank in Castle Rock proper? Or outside of town? The same with Juniper Hills. At least with JH No Name made every effort to return to the Deaver homestead.  

MrBill60 wrote:
Another scenario is that the source of the destruction is localized to a sphere of influence around the Schizma but it has a limited range of influence and uses the "intruders" as  instruments to course correct.  However because of its limited influence and range in this scenario,  I wonder if NN can survive outside of the Schism's sphere of influence and regain a relatively normal life?   This also means that the Town folks can abandon Castle Rock and escape the destruction and quarantine Castle Rock.  But all this is doubtful and I think the goal is for NN to get back to his own universe to set everything right.  He's still an intruder in this universe.

I don't think the townspeople will comprehend or believe in this schisma business at all. I think some megadisaster will have to happen before people abandon Castle Rock. And even then I think they would just be abandoning it because of environmental safety or economics.

MrBill60 wrote:
But all this is doubtful and I think the goal is for NN to get back to his own universe to set everything right.  He's still an intruder in this universe.

Part of me wonders if NN will even return to his right universe. Some of that stems from all the images of people who passed in front of him at the Schisma site. Where are they really going? Where will No Name go? Or since Young Henry didn't seem to remember anything about his absence, will Older Henry remember anything about his? Will he end up just as dumbstruck as younger Henry? And then part of me wonders if Older Henry will return to right spot in his timeframe. Will things have moved on without him? Or moved backwards? I don't know how this would be explained but a twist like that is something a show would do. Probably though there will be missing persons signs or his girlfriend/fiancée looking for him. Plus there had to have been police response to Molly's shooting. And Older Henry's disappearance. Maybe.

Oh btw I love the line: He's still an intruder in this universe.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Quote :
Oh btw I love the line: He's still an intruder in this universe.

Thanks  smile

I'm sort of done with all the names, Old Henry, Young Henry, NN, it's too hard to keep straight.  Maybe Intruder1 and Intruder2 will work, depending on which universe and other variables, lol.

I don't remember if (the guy previously known as) NN was in direct contact with the B&B owners, but his presence was all over Lacy's basement cage and of course the subject of the paintings.  Is that all it takes to become infected?   I also wonder how both Deavers together are influencing the Schizma,  is destruction escalating because of it?  I also think that the only way to set the universes straight is for both of them to work together to accomplish it.  One can't do it alone.   I believe that Lawyer Henry Deaver (there we go) is also infecting others, which may  account for the Odin murder incident.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 3:55 pm

So my earlier post was a rough draft. I have so much more to add now but it might have to wait for tomorrow.

David, stop acting like sarge. 55 tongue
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 4:14 pm

I'm only teasing you bud. Keep doing what you do. You're good in my book.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 8:40 pm

So there's only one more episode in this season? In my book they have one episode to wrap up the Deavers storyline. I'm not interested in a continuation into the next season.
Back to top Go down
The Ricksters

The Ricksters

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 9:35 pm

MrBill60 wrote:
So there's only one more episode in this season?  In my book they have one episode to wrap up the Deavers storyline.  I'm not interested in a continuation into the next season.

It is suppose to be an anthology series, something like Fargo or True Detective.  

Episode 9 was good and weird.  This show always makes me feel WOW  wth   and I want more  after each episode.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Big John wrote:
So my earlier post was a rough draft. I have so much more to add now but it might have to wait for tomorrow.

David,  stop acting like sarge. 55 tongue

Maybe I switched with Sarge in some sort of timeline rift. That means that Sarge is in a gay bar? No that can't be. And where would I be. Holding a gun? Worse than dangerous.

stache cool classydrink drool :eyebrow: wine drank beer lolipop

scrd scrd scrd scrd pewpew scrd scrd scrd scrd
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 3:02 pm

I want to rewatch episodes 7, 8 and 9 before joining back in the conversation.  I did read all -- great thoughts -- BJ I think you've got it or most of it.

Something has been bothering me with those chess pieces and I thought I would leave you with the sequence of events, while I continue watching the last 3 episodes.

What's wrong with this sequence of events and what does it mean?

S01E01 Habeas Corpus

[SCENE  Deaver House/Now inside, Henry opens the refrigerator/finds chess piece/receives phone call from Guard Zalewski.]

Castle Rock S01E05 Harvest
Ruth jumps off bridge

S01E06 Filter
WENDELL DEAVER:  So, what's the deal with all the missing pieces? Grandma? You're not having a stroke, are you?
RUTH DEAVER:  If I tell you something, can you keep your mouth shut?
WENDELL DEAVER:  Definitely.
RUTH DEAVER:  We've been here before. This conversation. We'll be here again. Life used to go in one direction forward, like one of those people-movers at the airport. But somehow I got off it. It's like I just brought your father home from from foster care. He was half your size.And now here you are.  And for all I know, my father's outside taking care of his roses younger than me.  And I never know where I'm goin' next.  The neurologist said, "Find a coping mechanism." And I have one for every room in the house.  See, I can get lost in the past.  These are my breadcrumbs.  If I find a chess piece in the icebox, well, I know it's now, not then.  That I can find my way out of the woods.

S01E07 The Queen

This is from one of Ruth's skips in time/place.  Doctor's appoitment - in which coping mechanisms are mentioned.  
doctor wrote:
Doctor:  We can medicate the anxiety and help you develop systems, coping mechanisms.
But given the accident, I think it's time to consider other living arrangements.

After the doctor's appointment, Ruth and Pangborn go to the Deaver house.  Pangborn tells Ruth he'll get her settled and then he has to leave for a while (in pursuit of Lacy's car) but when he gets back, he'll never have to leave again.

Then Ruth gets down the chess box and starts placing chess pieces around the house.

Since the doctor references "the accident", this has to occur after Ruth's jump off the bridge but before she tells Wendell about the missing chess pieces.

And that works because Henry leaves Wendell and Ruth alone, goes out into the woods and gets locked into the sound box in Odin's camper.  Which leaves him out of the picture while Alan Pangborn pursues Lacy's car and returning to the Deaver house -- finds No Name wounded and winds up getting shot by Ruth.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 5:52 pm

Hehe, so Ruth gets the chess box down and starts putting chess pieces around the house, but that was after Wendell notices that there are missing chess pieces in the box.   Hmm, is everyone time slipping including Wendell?  He did start hearing the ringing in his ear.  Or does Ruth periodically put the pieces back?   There was an earlier scene with either Pangborn or Henry when she described the Norwegian-made chess set and mentioned Vikings, but that may have been a flashback to a time when she was not disoriented.

I don't think we can count on linear time for anyone in this series as the two universe converge.   Molly is also susceptible to time slippage in her visions of herself in both universes.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 6:37 pm

davidalan wrote:
Big John wrote:

David,  stop acting like sarge. 55 tongue

Maybe I switched with Sarge in some sort of timeline rift. That means that Sarge is in a gay bar? No that can't be. And where would I be. Holding a gun? Worse than dangerous.

stache cool classydrink drool :eyebrow: wine drank beer lolipop

scrd scrd scrd scrd pewpew scrd scrd scrd scrd

If you switched with sarge, I guess you'd be in a hole and sarge would be chained to some eccentric guy's basement wall. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Does anyone recall if Ruth was ever pregnant at any point in time? Also, who can recall and explain the reason the Deaver's chose to adopt?
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 7:34 pm

BJ -- that was not addressed. I'm wondering if NNHenry was Ruth and Matthew's natural born child in that timeline and something happened either preventing a natural born child or causing the death of a natural born child in the other timeline which resulted in Henry's adoption. It could also be that both timelines involved adoptions, but different children. In that case, something must have happened in one of the timelines that eliminated a choice.

I also think that Ruth's decision to stay or in NNHenry's timeline, leave, is important somehow.
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 8:09 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the town Wendell winds up in when he gets off the bus (presumably to return to Castle Rock on the next bus back) is Jerusalem's Lot. I wonder if he'll run into any vampires? Sure looked creepy enough.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Alternate Universe Henry Deaver: A Perspective

After being informed his father has passed in what appears to be late summer/early fall of 2018, Alternate Universe Henry Deaver (Henry) takes a leave from his scholarly occupation and flies to his hustlin' buslin' hometown of Castle Rock to bury dear old dad. He is reunited with his old neighbor, Molly Strand, and her sister, who both still occupy their childhood home. Henry even takes Molly out for dinner.

Henry's childhood home is in shambles. His father, thought to be the house's lone current occupant, has been keeping a young boy locked in his basement for what appears to be nearly three decades. Yet this boy appears to be a young teenager.

Cassette tapes made by the father indicate that he believes this boy to be evil. That's not to say he's evil in the criminal sense, but instead in a supernatural purely evil demon like way. Evil incarnate.

Standing outside the Deaver residence, being questioned by a cop, Henry stands near the boy who suddenly breaks free and dashes into the woods. Henry gives chase, along with Molly Strand. All three are caught in what we believe is the schisma, an atmospherically surreal place. None of them know what it is though and then some strange things happen.

Molly gets shot and supposedly killed. Henry continues his pursuit of the boy. The atmosphere changes and Henry can see the boy but they are separated by a long distance. Much further than they were just moments before. He witnesses the boy being rescued by what he may recognize as sheriff Pangborn, the man who stole his mother from his father and moved to Florida. But this Pangborn is much younger than he should be.

The next thing we, as the viewer, know about Henry is that he is trapped inside warden Lacy's trunk which sheriff Pangborn opens only to see Henry in there. Pangborn then closes the trunk and allows warden Lacy to drive away with him. We don't know what happened during the time in which Henry passed through the schisma to this point. All we know is that it has only been a matter of days.

Clearly, Henry has been through some sort of trauma. Warden Lacy refers to him as evil and a much younger sheriff Pangborn than the one he knows is living with his mother in Florida has just endorsed the condemnation of his life. Warden Lacy sticks Henry in a small dungeon deep within the bowels of Shawshank State Penitentiary.

Henry stays there for 27 years where the only visitor to invade the blackness of his cell is the warden himself who serves him the necessary morsels to survive. Beyond those brief visits, mild mannered scholarly Henry sees nothing but blackness and hears nothing but silence for over nine thousand eight hundred fifty five days.

Yet his body doesn't age a single day.

It is clear to us, the viewer, that Henry has traveled to a parallel universe but what does Henry know of it? Maybe he even has little to no knowledge of how long he has spent in total blankness. He doesn't appear to have many signs of sensory deprivation. He is thin from not eating much, but no sign of aging. Maybe his brain also isn't aging.

So after 27 years Henry gets rescued by ~dun dun dunhhhh~ the cop who interviewed him in front of his house just before his journey through the schisma. How fresh is that memory to Henry? If his brain isn't aging, all of his memories from that fateful day forward must seem like yesterday, including the memory of the cop and all of his time visiting Castle Rock. All of it, just like it was yesterday.

Even if 27 years passed in his mind, that memory is one of his last of the world. Would it be, could it be still very fresh? For this particular perspective, however, I'm going to stick with the theory that nature is not allowing his mind to move forward in time since we know that nature may be able to wipe the mind entirely.

Sp then he sees Henry. The other Henry. Young Henry, all grown up. Is there any wonder why he might be keeping his mouth shut? How absolutely surreal must this feel to a scholarly young man, who then encounters a portrait of warden Lacy. Aged warden Lacy. A warden Lacy that Henry watched progressively get 27 years older, yesterday. Twenty. Seven. Years. of memories of one man, all of them as if they happened yesterday.

He must by now at least consider that the world has aged, and moved on from him. However, that doesn't explain how the cop turned prison guard has not aged. Who do you tell? What do you say to anyone? How do you solve this? Is it hell?

There are no other thoughts to be had. He is not thinking about waking up and brushing his teeth and going to work and a joke or story he wants to tell and what to eat and which clothes to wear and a conversation he needs to have with a close friend and putting gas in the car and paying bills. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, going through his mind except for the lunacy of this thing that has happened to him. All day and all night, and he can't tell a soul about it. He has nothing to say.

Then old Henry introduces him to Molly, whose death he witnessed, yesterday. Then he runs into old Pangborn, who left him in that trunk, yesterday, when he was 27 years younger. Pangborn is obviously older, like old Henry. But Molly isn't. Why have some people gotten so much older, and others haven't?  Perhaps Henry already knows he arrived there in 1991 and it is now 2018, but perhaps he doesn't. Either way, maddening.

Then he sees mom, and mom sees him. Both seem moved by the experienced. Henry, moved to a place of mixed emotions. Mom, moved to the point of wonderment and terror as she looks upon him from her kitchen window where she mutters:

Spoiler:

to be continued...

Last edited by Big John on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 9:06 pm

I think I wondered once, just vaguely, if Ruth, in this Henry's timeline, had lost a baby. Maybe at childbirth, or before. Or if she couldn't have children. Something that would have prevented a Deaver kid to be this timeframe. Evidently she had a child in the parallel timeframe. Why? What's the difference?

Oh wait!

No Name confronts Pangborn in episode whatever. NN virtually shouts, or is at least firm, which is a No Name twist, whatever words he does about his being in the truth and Pangborn closing the lid. What if both Matthews are sterile. What if Panghorn is the one Henry Deaver's actual father? In the familiar timestream Ruth and Panghorn do not connect. In the other timestream they not only connect but leave town and take then young Henry with them. Maybe? Anyway I don't expect this possibility to be confirmed or denied in any two seconds of dialog next week, because the primary importance will have to be the two adult Henrys either working together in some way (either rescuing Wendell or fixing the disjointed timestreams or both) or just converging because it's fate. But you know, I don't see this ending well, regardless of the details.

Yes, Sandi, someone mentioned Jerusalem's Lot. Maybe that's the next story and Wendell never makes it back to Castle Rock.

If the time slipping is happening at the Deaver house, then the Deaver house (or Deaver houses) are part of the parallel timeline equation. So a loop? Between that spot in the woods and the Deaver house? What if the people seen in the spot in the woods have some connection to the Deaver property?

John just posted his part 1 so gotta read that more closely... cool
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Taking a prose break.

David, I think it;s pretty clear that the thrust of the final is going to center on what happened in those 11 days that young Henry went missing. That is the central story that ties it all together anf really the only story that hasn't been told.
Back to top Go down
The Ricksters

The Ricksters

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 9:33 pm

Yes, I remember Ruth lost a baby, not sure at what point of the pregnancy.  I remember a character on the show said that is why they adopted , because the loss was too hard on Ruth or she couldnt go thru that again.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 9:40 pm

Based on what John posted, I conclude that not only did NNHenry's memory gradually return but NNH he was also gradually deducing that there are two timestreams and that he's in the wrong one. The conversation with (the living) Molly on the staircase is particularly symbolic of this. Plus of course their touring the house and NNH telling that Molly outright that she (or a version of her) died out there in the woods.

Prediction!!!!!!!!!!!! Beware. Lame-ass it ain't going to happen prediction:

I predict that it's not No Name Henry Deaver who will return to the other timestream but lawyer Henry Deaver and he will go through the same sort of memory loss and imprisonment that happened to him before and to No Name here. Unless of course it's Wendell who goes back, recreating the young Henry imprisonment, while both adult Henrys remain in the timestream they're both in now. I think it could also be Wendell, because in the alternative timestream, that Henry and his ladyfriend (if I recall and now I've checked) make a brief reference (before Pangborn phones) about something that could resemble pregnancy (eta: they discuss pregnancy pretty overtly just before Older Henry discovers Younger Henry in the basement). So maybe not only people transcend through the spot in the woods, and switch places, but their children do as well. And maybe have done so since the first people arrived in the area surrounding that spot in the woods.

Last edited by davidalan on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Big John wrote:
Taking a prose break.

David, I think it;s pretty clear that the thrust of the final is going to center on what happened in those 11 days that young Henry went missing. That is the central story that ties it all together anf really the only story that hasn't been told.

John I agree. I think we're not only going to learn more about the 11 days but about the mechanism of that spot in the woods itself. The two Henrys will get most the air time though, as they should.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 10:03 pm

The Ricksters wrote:
Yes, I remember Ruth lost a baby, not sure at what point of the pregnancy.  I remember a character on the show said that is why they adopted , because the loss was too hard on Ruth or she couldnt go thru that again.

You touch on another aspect of my theory which I'm currently working on, Rickypoo. The baby that she lost, might be just how she refers to him. Her baby. My mother still occasionally does that to me. Even though I am young at heart, it's a bit odd to be referred to as a baby at fifty one years old.

So perhaps that baby was a NN look alike who died at age... 27?. Then, perhaps shortly afterward, the Deavers from the alt timeline also had a baby, maybe in the year... 1991?

I am getting the feeling that neither of our Henrys are getting out of this season alive, and Wendell goes to the other timeline... as a vampire! Muahahaha! lol

davidalan wrote:
Based on what John posted, I conclude that not only did NNHenry's memory gradually return but NNH he was also gradually deducing that there are two timestreams and that he's in the wrong one. The conversation with (the living) Molly on the staircase is particularly symbolic of this. Plus of course their touring the house and NNH telling that Molly outright that she (or a version of her) died out there in the woods.

Prediction!!!!!!!!!!!! Beware. Lame-ass it ain't going to happen prediction:

I predict that it's not No Name Henry Deaver who will return to the other timestream but lawyer Henry Deaver and he will go through the same sort of memory loss and imprisonment that happened to him before and to No Name here. Unless of course it's Wendell who goes back, recreating the young Henry imprisonment, while both adult Henrys remain in the timestream they're both in now. I think it could also be Wendell, because in the alternative timestream, that Henry and his ladyfriend (if I recall and now I've checked) make a brief reference (before Pangborn phones) about something that could resemble pregnancy. So maybe not only people transcend through the spot in the woods, and switch places, but their children do as well. And maybe have done so since the first people arrived in the area surrounding that spot in the woods.

Could be!
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 10:22 pm

Finding out that NN is a regular person from an alternate world is sort of a let down for me. The 27 years in a cage was unbelievable and bothered me from the beginning. If he doesn't age, I guess his muscles didn't atrophy either. Did he even need food? How is his mind still functioning at this point? It would be more believable if he woke up from a coma or cryogenic sleep after 27 years and found himself in an alternate world. But then, of course we wouldn't have the "keeping evil caged up" theme.

But now knowing his alternate timeline, I just can't relate to him in the primary timeline, and I think the only possible outcomes are that either he returns to his own world shortly after he disappeared with his memory wiped or he dies. Or maybe they'll find him aged 27 years with severe Alzheimers in his world. That would be terrible.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 10:25 pm

MrBill60 wrote:
If he doesn't age, I guess his muscles didn't atrophy either.  Did he even need food?

Dammit Bill. You just sent my mind down another rabbit hole, one which I think I was subconsciously blocking because it means more work and energy. I need to go back and look at his cell floor and plates.

Judging by his emaciated appearance though, he must need at least some food.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2018 11:31 pm

I think No Name while in the cage was fed occasionally. But I'm going to say that part of his body not aging means that things like atrophy just didn't happen. His body was frozen in time. His age. His body. Things like reality don't apply. The same for The Kid (the other Henry Deaver). His body remains a 12 year old wiry one as poor time traveling HD was when he first rapped rapped rapped on the other Reverend Deaver's door.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 8:17 am

Awake again and of course thinking about this show. Those 11 days especially. Spitballin'. What do we know about the 11 days. Well, there's the obvious facts:

Young Henry was missing
Rev Deav broke his back
Molly killed Rev Deav
It was cold
Molly could see her breath in the warmth of her bedroom
The entire town was mobilized in the search

The entire town was mobilized in the search? All of Castle Rock went searching for Henry? Really? Cuz, I don't remember any signs of any massive manhunt. I remember hearing about it a lot but we haven't been shown a thing, not a single thing, resembling a town-wide search for young Henry Deaver.

Oh shit. Ohhhh shiiiit. Did one of the Deavers, Ruth, or Matthew, or both, switch timelines and remain? Could Ruth have come in contact with the other Ruth, or Matthew have come in contact with the other Matthew, perhaps while inside the schisma, causing....... wow, who knows what? A paradox? Could be a myriad of wide ranging side effects happening right there in Castle Rock and potentially growing in proximity as time marches on. Is Time trying to merge the universes? Is Nature trying to stop it?

Time vs. Nature!!!

I digress. Anyway, at least it would certainly, possibly, explain Ruth's 'time walking'.

Henry knows. He knows what exactly happened. He was there.

As Henry sat at the table with Ruth after making her breakfast for dinner, he passes her one of her own prescription sedatives and says, "God helps those who helps themselves." Perhaps Henry, better than anyone else, knows the specific reason that Ruth requires these sedatives.

Yet Ruth, his mother, attempts to murder him. Does she know she is his mother?

Oh boyyyy. Ohhhhhh boyyyy. Here I go with more madness. I think I'm about to stream my vision of how this all wraps up.

Whenever Ruth lost her baby, many many years ago, maybe it was just a little baby. Maybe Rev Deav had been hearing the schisma for a long time and, since he is a townie with a singular frame of reference, he mistook it as the voice of God. Maybe this was his inspiration to become a man of the cloth.

A very young Rev Deav is told by the voice of God, to baptize his newborn baby in the woods. Rev Deav makes a ceremony of it. This budding Deaver family set out into the woods. Rev Deav believes the voice of God is demanding a sacrifice. He thinks of himself as Abraham, and he begins the ceremony. He dips his fingers in holy water and then uses them to make a cross on the baby's forehead as he begins to preach.

Quote :
Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.During the baptism, they enter the schisma. There is chaos. The Deavers see many characters from what looks like many different eras.

During his sermon, the Deaver family enter the schisma. Looking onto the spectacle of this baptism from a distance are 2018 Henry and 2018 Molly Strand, who have just left Molly's bedroom and gone out to find 2018 old Henry. During their such for 2018 old Henry they witness another version 2018 Henry kneeling on the ground, then standing up and running, and then disappearing.

Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 Crhenr10

Once Rev Deav has said his piece, he raises a knife, the one Ruth uses to slice vegetables, over the baby. She screams a chilling scream Nooooooo!!! The weather changes. Clouds cast shade. Winds rise. Sprinkles of rain fall.

Henry and Molly rush to scene. As they approach, Ruth is charging at Rev Deav, still screaming. From the corner of his Henry catches 2018 old Henry running toward the reverend as well. Old Henry gets there first and collides with Rev Deav just as Rev Deav strikes the baby. Ruth is immediately the next in. They all fall to the ground. As they struggle, Henry gathers up the baby and runs off. Rev Deav breaks away and chases Henry. As they approach a lakeside cliff, Rev Deav runs head first into 1991 Rev Deav and knocks him off the cliff, as young Henry looks on.

Later, back in their own time, the now childless young Deaver couple report only the portion of the incident regarding a young slender man running off with their baby, along with a description of the man. The police are able to match the description with a similar report of a shooting in that area around the same time

Henry, out of the schisma, holding the baby, stops running. He hears voices close by. He turns to see a group of very young men who are headed out into the woods for what looks like a hunting excursion. One of them turns and sees Henry holding the baby, covered in blood. The man takes aim at Henry with his rifle. Henry runs. All the hunters chase him. One of them gets a clean shot and fires. He hits Henry who lurches forward and then disappears. The men stop in their tracks as the awe of the moment seizes them.

Henry, wounded wanders through the schisma again but only for a short time. His wound causes him to collapse and in that moment he is finally returned back to his own original 2018 timeline where he had gone to bury his father.

It is night. There are crunching noises in the woods. Flashlights in the distance. Dogs barking. Henry, coughing, struggling to breathe, spitting blood that runs down from his mouth onto his chin and cheek, sees a light quickly bounding toward him. The light grows and then slows down, revealing the darkened profile of a police officer. The officer kneels down over Henry, revealing his face. It is that of the prison guard.

"What happened out here?" he says. Henry struggles to speak. The cop moves closer and turns his ear to Henry's mouth. Henry wheezes something into his ear and then falls unconscious. The cop takes his pulse. Nothing. Other officers arrive. The cop's captain, who looks much like the prison warden who replaced Lacy, asks what Henry said to him. The cop explained Henry said only three words:

Spoiler:

From only a couple yards away, the officers hear the sounds of a baby crying.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 12:19 pm

BJ, all I can say is Wow at this time.  I have to review some thing before I even have a response, and to be honest, I have some gaps I need to fill, for instance, I only gleaned over Rev Deaver's recorded tapes, but I think there might be some key information there. Question though, was Ruth's first baby and baptism alluded to in the show or is it purely speculation on your part?    I like the Time vs Nature, and I agree, I think that's precisely what is happening.

Big John wrote:
MrBill60 wrote:
If he doesn't age, I guess his muscles didn't atrophy either.  Did he even need food?

Dammit Bill. You just sent my mind down another rabbit hole, one which I think I was subconsciously blocking because it means more work and energy. I need to go back and look at his cell floor and plates.

Judging by his emaciated appearance though, he must need at least some food.

davidalan wrote:
I think No Name while in the cage was fed occasionally. But I'm going to say that part of his body not aging means that things like atrophy just didn't happen. His body was frozen in time. His age. His body. Things like reality don't apply. The same for The Kid (the other Henry Deaver). His body remains a 12 year old wiry one as poor time traveling HD was when he first rapped rapped rapped on the other Reverend Deaver's door.

I've been thinking about it and my problem with NN is that we only see him as a zombie-like, broken character who appears to have accepted his fate,  and yet he seemed to be patiently waiting (27 yrs?) for some events to unfold, such as his release and the destruction afterwards.    I would have to see a flashback,  maybe in his first week of captivity to understand him better.  Did he initially resist, was he stark raving mad, did he have his faculties and then became broken as any normal person would become, or was he in a fog from the very beginning with no memory and unknown purpose?
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Maybe both Henry's resign themselves to a torpid almost hibernating state until such a time that they can make their move.

But I do agree that there's a vast difference between the NNHenry who is screaming in Lacy's trunk and the one who is discovered years later in the pits of Shawshank. I think that NNHenry was as initially bewildered as young Henry in their respective new worlds. But NNHenry might have tried to tell Lacy what happened and it was all a jumbled mess. I wonder though if he didn't possess that same spell eye that younger Henry did. In younger Henry's switch, Rev Deaver drugged him. I'm going to say that Lacy made NNHenry unconscious in some way too. Maybe by violence.

Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 1:11 pm

My head spins when I think of the young non-aging  HD locked up in a cage in the alternate universe (for how long?) by Rev Deaver and then found his way into the primary universe to "overwrite" the adopted son of the Deavers, which means that Lawyer HD is from the alt universe.  Just to be clear, Pangborn found young HD on the frozen lake after his 11 day disappearance,  so that means original adopted son was erased, correct?   For Lawyer HD, it was a 11 day period of missing time which is why he's not f'd up like NN, (yet).  At this point, I can't imagine how the time streams and the parallel universes can be corrected or how they can resolve this in the next episode.

eta:
I think I might have that wrong,  It's the same Henry Deaver before and after his 11 day missing time,  but he just took a long detour into the Twilight zone.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 2:11 pm

So you're saying that the young Henry Deaver who disappeared and was lost for 11 days is not the same young Henry Deaver who returned? Or are you referring to someone else entirely when you say "original adopted son was erased"? Or do you mean just his memory was erased?

As for how long young HD was locked up, others have posted that they think it was for the same amount of time that old HD from the alt universe has been in the wrong universe (including his own locked up time at Shawshank). The number of tapes at least corroborates that young HD had been locked up a fair amount of time. The tapes were numbered into the thousands! I think each number represented a week? But I don't remember.

I know this is so confusing---this show. But I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 2:55 pm

davidalan wrote:
So you're saying that the young Henry Deaver who disappeared and was lost for 11 days is not the same young Henry Deaver who returned? Or are you referring to someone else entirely when you say "original adopted son was erased"? Or do you mean just his memory was erased?

My initial thoughts were wrong about Alt HD replacing Prime HD on the frozen lake.   It is the same young HD but he took a 27 year detour into the alt universe where he was caged by Rev Deaver, was released, went through the schizma,  and arrived back only 11 days later in Prime Universe time. He had no memory of the experience until the present when he is locked in Odin's sound box.   I think I got it at least partially straight now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castle Rock - HULU    Castle Rock - HULU  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Castle Rock - HULU
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next