AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Mandalorian TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
The Mandalorian EmptyThe Mandalorian EmptyThe Mandalorian Empty 
gin (20877)
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6906)

The Mandalorian

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hodgepodge

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Has anyone seen an episode of, The Mandalorian?
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Nope, I don't have Disney streaming. Is it any good?
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Yes, and I'm loving it!
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 6:10 am

It's actually good. It's not the PC fest that all the movies have become. The first episode had a little of everything, but the second was very much a "filler" episode. So we'll see if they have enough story to keep it going.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 4:57 pm

MrBill60 wrote:
Nope, I don't have Disney streaming.  Is it any good?
I don't have this new streaming service either, MrBill. I was just curious whether "it" was worth trying to find it online.

Big John wrote:
Yes, and I'm loving it!

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
It's actually good. It's not the PC fest that all the movies have become. The first episode had a little of everything, but the second was very much a "filler" episode. So we'll see if they have enough story to keep it going.
And, according to Big John and Peggy, "it" is.

I found out, Jon Favreau was the creator, and was writing and directing a few episodes.
Speaking of episodes...How many are going to be in the first season? Were they all dumped on the site, or are they being upped on a weekly basis?
What's the cinematic quality so far?
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 7:54 pm

I'm sure someone knows the answers to your questions Hodge, but it isn't me. I will tell you this though, I normally stay away from sci-fi shows on tv. I find them to be very poorly written with bad production quality.

I only decided to look at this because it's in the Star Wars universe. Figured I wouldn't last 10 minutes. Within 5 minutes I was hooked! I found myself hitting pause to look at it's IMDb data. If you're a GoT fan, you might be excited by the casting of the lead, thank the Gods.

The Mandalorian knows what it is. It doesn't take itself too seriously. The general vibe I get from it  pangs of the classic series Firefly.

It is in the running for my favorite new series of 2019.
Back to top Go down
Peggy Sawyer

Peggy Sawyer

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 10:01 pm

There are eight episodes in the season, doled out one per week. Jon Favreau is involved in it, but his co-producer, Dave Filoni, is the real factor. He's the guy who produced the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoon series, which (while not perfect) came the closest to the real Star Wars feel in the years following the originals. This is Filoni's first live-action attempt. He has some great characters he could bring into the show from his own universe (hint: Ahsoka Tano) and when he avoids filler, his scripts can be very involving. Haven't seen the third Mandalorian episode yet, but sticking with it for at least this season (there will be another next year).
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
There are eight episodes in the season, doled out one per week. Jon Favreau is involved in it, but his co-producer, Dave Filoni, is the real factor. He's the guy who produced the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoon series, which (while not perfect) came the closest to the real Star Wars feel in the years following the originals. This is Filoni's first live-action attempt. He has some great characters he could bring into the show from his own universe (hint: Ahsoka Tano) and when he avoids filler, his scripts can be very involving. Haven't seen the third Mandalorian episode yet, but sticking with it for at least this season (there will be another next year).
Thanks for the background, Peggy.

The reason I mentioned Favreau, is because I'm a big "Ironman" fan. Have no recollection of Filoni because I didn't watch any of the "Clone Wars", or any of the post Star Wars fare.

Peggy Sawyer wrote:
Well, I've gotten thru the first 3 episodes and I'm loving it.  yay

Baby Yoda is so cute, you want a stuffed one just to have around the house.
You were definitely right about ep2, nothing but a filler. But, ep3 hit it out of the park. yay
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 8:46 pm

Finished.

I love baby Yoda. I want one. I want a bobble head for work and a stuffed animal for home. I want baby Yoda on my key chain, refrigerator, and bumper of my car. I want to photochop baby Yoda into all my pics, even if that means covering up my children.

I might have enjoyed The Mandalorian without baby Yoda, but that adorable little character put this show over the top and I don't even care that its role in the show represents a storytelling device as old as emperor Palpatine.

Add to the cast Giancarlo Esposito and Pedro Pascal and you just can't miss.

Once again, a Star Wars side story out-entertains the last 20 years of the main franchise stories.
Back to top Go down
stuntdog

stuntdog

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 9:30 pm

How are you guys liking S2, so far?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Mandalorian Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mandalorian   The Mandalorian Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mandalorian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: TV-
Jump to: