AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSurvivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptySurvivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptySurvivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 Empty 
gin (20877)
Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptySurvivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptySurvivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites

Go down 
+3
iwantmycrayons
gin
blondie
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
blondie

blondie

Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:59 am

I was half asleep when that happened.

I knew Cochran had won during Tribal. His approach to his speech was flawless. I'm glad to see that Sherri finally came down to Earth afterwards and realized that she hadn't been in charge. (side note: she's a self-made millionaire? :O )

How long is it from the end of the game to the results show? I'm guessing its close to 9 months - I didn't realize it was that long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:57 am

Does anybody know if the vote was unanimous? I'm tending to think it was going to be.

Yeah Sherri got put in her place alright, but she buried herself by lashing out at Eric.
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:00 am

meepsrus wrote:
Does anybody know if the vote was unanimous? I'm tending to think it was going to be.

Yeah Sherri got put in her place alright, but she buried herself by lashing out at Eric.

yes, I think it was

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:21 am

blondie wrote:
I was half asleep when that happened.

I knew Cochran had won during Tribal. His approach to his speech was flawless. I'm glad to see that Sherri finally came down to Earth afterwards and realized that she hadn't been in charge. (side note: she's a self-made millionaire? :O )

How long is it from the end of the game to the results show? I'm guessing its close to 9 months - I didn't realize it was that long.

Well Jeff said he's just about to leave to start the next one... so 39 days of the actual game puts it out to the end of June probably. The season statrs in September, and the ep's will probably run to about end of December...so at least six months...
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:22 am

I'm just happy Malcolm won the fan favorite or whatever it's called. coffee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:24 am

JJ wrote:
I'm just happy Malcolm won the fan favorite or whatever it's called. coffee

Yes! yay

Brenda didn't sound that enthusiastic about a reconciliation with Dawn, did she? Of course she's got more pressing business right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Brenda was so sweet and charming with her Dad - and talked about being humble etc... then she does that. ugh. still bothers me.

I liked how Sherri stuck up for herself when Eric was going at her. She knew she was done at that point - why bother continueing to harass her further.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:12 pm

gin wrote:
Way to go Cochran!!! Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 1247806006 he won that almost effortlessly (or so it seemed). his demeanor was always calm and collected. What a cool kid.

I havent seen the after-show yet so i dont know if Brenda apologized... but dam that disgusted me what she did to poor Dawn. What a disgusting thing to do to humiliate another human being like that. The kindness she showed at the lake when she helped Dawn that day was completely erased and doubled back 10 fold imo. Dawn was playing a dam game. Brenda humiliated her intentionally. Disgusting.

I disagree, Dawn was in the middle of a complete freakout and was ready to pull herself from the game until Brenda jumped in to find her teeth. When Dawn tried to downplay it pissed Brenda off, I thought she was in the right to ask that of her.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:13 pm

meepsrus wrote:

Yea Cochran got every vote, Dawn and Sherri tie for 3rd, which means neither one get the 100,000.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Any guesses on what next season will be? I am thinking that it is Blood is thicker than water, so some sort of family twist.

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Definitely something to do with family.
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Ez wrote:
gin wrote:
Way to go Cochran!!! Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 1247806006 he won that almost effortlessly (or so it seemed). his demeanor was always calm and collected. What a cool kid.

I havent seen the after-show yet so i dont know if Brenda apologized... but dam that disgusted me what she did to poor Dawn. What a disgusting thing to do to humiliate another human being like that. The kindness she showed at the lake when she helped Dawn that day was completely erased and doubled back 10 fold imo. Dawn was playing a dam game. Brenda humiliated her intentionally. Disgusting.

I disagree, Dawn was in the middle of a complete freakout and was ready to pull herself from the game until Brenda jumped in to find her teeth. When Dawn tried to downplay it pissed Brenda off, I thought she was in the right to ask that of her.

did Dawn downplay it? during tribal or the after show?

ya Brenda was a hero in Dawn's eyes at that moment (and honestly mine too) but Brenda erased it all by doing what she did. imo
Back to top Go down
JJ

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:25 pm

If Dawn was trying to downplay how important Brenda was in that moment, then I agree with EZ that it wasn't so bad that she did what she did. I'd be pissed too.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Yea, during the Final Tribal Dawn said she never had any intention of leaving the game, which then Brenda got pissed and she told her to take out her teeth if she wants her vote lol.

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:28 pm

I mean, it was mean...but....heat of the moment...pissed off, I can understand it.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Yea, If I was Brenda I would have kept her teeth and told her I would give them back when we reached the Final 3. tongue

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:34 am

mean lol
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:37 am

i would have told Brenda to suck it -that her vote wasnt that important.
the question was loaded - you say yes i would have left - you lose a vote- you say no i would have stayed you lose a vote. it was a lose lose scenario.

so wait - EZ you said that Dawn and Sherri get nothing for having come so far cause they tied??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:47 am

Ez wrote:
gin wrote:

A agree, when in the jury questions she said she would have gone on, Brenda was in the right. Still it took some guts on Dawn's part to show millions the gap in her teeth. She must've had more than an inkling, the way the questions were going, that she wasn't going to win...
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:01 am

interesting! i guess i'm alone on this one. I found it heartless. maybe i should re-watch the question/answer Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 698339173
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:07 am

the final tribal is almost always brutal - a lot of hurt feelings come into it

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:07 am

Gin I felt Brenda was/is very emotional and sensitive, but inwardly so, more so than Dawn, who seemed to love to turn on the waterworks...Dawn saying she would have gone on, when she told HER at the time she wouldn't have, was like throwing her feelings for her to the side... of course you can also argue in theory it's no different from the lying and deception other use to advance in the game...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:09 am

blondie wrote:

I still remember the every first one, with Sue (Hawk?) just ripping the two finalists, Richard and whatshername, saying, in as many words, if she found them lying by the side of the road dying, she wouldn't lift a finger to help them...
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:21 am

gin wrote:
i would have told Brenda to suck it -that her vote wasnt that important.
the question was loaded - you say yes i would have left - you lose a vote- you say no i would have stayed you lose a vote. it was a lose lose scenario.

so wait - EZ you said that Dawn and Sherri get nothing for having come so far cause they tied??

They split third and second, so they get like 80,000.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:22 am

meepsrus wrote:
blondie wrote:

I still remember the every first one, with Sue (Hawk?) just ripping the two finalists, Richard and whatshername, saying, in as many words, if she found them lying by the side of the road dying, she wouldn't lift a finger to help them...

She called Richard the snake and Kelly the rat, so let the Snake eat the Rat, which he did. lol

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:23 am

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:32 am

meepsrus wrote:
blondie wrote:

yup, that's who I always think of when the claws come out lol2
Back to top Go down
gin
Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:06 am

ya it always gets very emotional and feelings get hurt. but there are word then there are actions. imo - this was akin to asking someone to show their mascectomy scars or to remove their clothing to reveal a tragic flaw... it was cruel. you can get a point accross without resorting to cruel behaviour. that said - Dawn didnt have to do it.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:23 am

I wasn't offended by it, but I think Dawn played a great, cutthroat game, she just had a bitter jury. She and Cochran played the exact game, he just didn't piss people off while doing it. I think Dawn's biggest problem is that she was an emotional wreck and people were upset by that.

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:39 pm

well people bitch when they get together - which is what makes this game so fun because a simple small annoyance can be exasperated when a flock of bitter people want to talk about it.

Dawn did play a great game. She did alot more shmoozing than Cochran i think. I think Cochran was definately the deserving winner
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Admin
gin

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:43 pm

finally saw the after show. Blood vs Water... definitely sounds like family!

(((((((((((Boston Rob)))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites   Survivor:  Fans vs. Favorites - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8