AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inNews, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyNews, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyNews, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 Empty 
gin (20877)
News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyNews, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyNews, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

News, Announcements & Spoilers

Go down 
+6
MrBill60
sandi
The Ricksters
Zaphod
Ez
desi
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MrBill60

MrBill60

News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News, Announcements & Spoilers   News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Guess I'll take the plunge and sign up for Hulu to watch "The First" on Sept. 14. It looks fantastic.

Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: News, Announcements & Spoilers   News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 11:46 am

MrBill60 wrote:
Guess I'll take the plunge and sign up for Hulu to watch "The First" on Sept. 14.   It looks fantastic.  

Yes, I'll probably check it out too.  

From the futon critic LINK

FIRST, THE (HULU)

Premieres Friday, September 14
DESCRIPTION:
"(from Hulu's press release, August 2018) Sean Penn leads an ensemble cast in this near-future drama about a crew of astronauts attempting to become the first humans on Mars. Under the direction of visionary aerospace magnate Laz Ingram (Natascha McElhone), the crew contends with peril and personal sacrifice as they undertake the greatest pioneering feat in human history."

I'm also going to check out these shows

MILLION LITTLE THINGS, A (ABC)
Premieres Wednesday, September 26

DESCRIPTION:
(from ABC's press release, May 2018) They say friendship isn't one big thing, it's a million little things; and that's true for a group of friends from Boston who bonded under unexpected circumstances. Some have achieved success, others are struggling in their careers and relationships, but all of them feel stuck in life. After one of them dies unexpectedly, it's just the wake-up call the others need to finally start living. Along the way, they discover that friends may be the one thing to save them from themselves.
PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
·
· David Giuntoli as Eddie
info from thefutoncritic  LINK

It sounds like ABC's answer to "This is Us" and that would be OK if it's the same caliber.  I'm checking it out mainly because of David Giuntoli -- he starred in Grimm -- I was a big fan.

And, since I was a fan of "Kevin probably Saves the World" (which was cancelled), I'm going to check out...

GOD FRIENDED ME (CBS)
Premieres Sunday, September 30

DESCRIPTION:
(from CBS's press release, May 2018) GOD FRIENDED ME stars Brandon Micheal Hall in a humorous, uplifting drama about Miles Finer (Hall), an outspoken atheist whose life is turned upside down when he receives a friend request on social media from God and unwittingly becomes an agent of change in the lives and destinies of others around him. After repeated pokes by God, Miles' curiosity takes over, and he accepts the ultimate friend req.uest and follows the signs to Cara Bloom (Violett Beane), an online journalist. Brought together by the "God Account," the two find themselves investigating God's friend suggestions and inadvertently helping others in need. Miles is set on getting to the bottom of what he believes is an elaborate hoax, but in the meantime he'll play along and, in the process, change his life forever.
from thefutoncritic  LINK

But this is the one that really grabs my attention.

INTO THE DARK (HULU)
Premieres Friday, October 5

DESCRIPTION:
(from Hulu's press release, August 2018) In partnership with Blumhouse Television, Into The Dark is a horror event series from prolific, award-winning producer, Jason Blum's independent TV studio. The series includes 12 super-sized episodes, with a new installment released each month inspired by a holiday and will feature Blumhouse's signature genre/thriller spin on the story.
from futoncritic  LINK

While I was checking out new and returning shows, I grabbed some returning shows -- some I watch -- I knew others watched the rest.

BULL (CBS)
Returns Monday, September 24

THIS IS US (NBC)
Returns Tuesday, September 25

WALKING DEAD, THE (AMC)
Returns Sunday, October 7

SUPERNATURAL (CW)
Returns Thursday, October 11

MIDNIGHT, TEXAS (NBC)
Returns Friday, October 26

BLACKLIST, THE (NBC)
Returns in January 2019 (Exact Date TBA)
I had to hunt this down.  I expected it to return in September sometime.  I'm wondering if they've cut the usual 22 episodes down to 12 or 13?
Back to top Go down
sandi

sandi

PostSubject: Re: News, Announcements & Spoilers   News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 10:35 am

Other programs I'll be checking out this month

HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE, THE (NETFLIX)
Premieres Friday, October 12
DESCRIPTION:
(from Netflix's press release, August 2018) A modern reimagining of Shirley Jackson's iconic novel, The Haunting of Hill House explores a group of siblings who, as children, grew up in what would go on to become the most famous haunted house in the country. Now adults, and forced back together in the face of tragedy, the family must finally confront the ghosts of their past -- some of which still lurk in their minds while others may actually be stalking the shadows of Hill House. Created, directed and executive-produced by horror mastermind Mike Flanagan (Hush, Oculus, Gerald's Game), The Haunting of Hill House is a complex family drama wrapped in a chilling horror story.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/haunting-of-hill-house/

and because it's Nathan Fillion

ROOKIE, THE (ABC)
Premieres Tuesday, October 16
DESCRIPTION:
(from ABC's press release, May 2018) Starting over isn't easy, especially for small-town guy John Nolan who, after a life-altering incident, is pursuing his dream of being an LAPD officer. As the force's oldest rookie, he's met with skepticism from some higher-ups who see him as just a walking midlife crisis. If he can't keep up with the young cops and the criminals, he'll be risking lives including his own. But if he can use his life experience, determination and sense of humor to give him an edge, he may just become a success in this new chapter of his life.
Nathan Fillion as John Nolan
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/rookie/

WOMAN IN WHITE, THE (PBS)
Premieres Sunday, October 21
DESCRIPTION:
(from PBS's press release, July 2018) When a young man encounters a ghostly woman dressed all in white on a moonlit road, he is drawn into a web of intrigue that will transform his life forever. Offering his assistance to this distressed, spectral woman, he is later shocked to discover that she had just escaped from a nearby insane asylum.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/woman-in-white/

BODYGUARD (NETFLIX)
Premieres Wednesday, October 24
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/bodyguard/
Madden plays David Budd, a war veteran-turned-cop and special protection officer who is assigned to guard Home Secretary Julia Montague (Hawes), who is targeted by mysterious assassins. Sunday’s denouement was hugely anticipated in the U.K., with the series achieving the rare feat of running weekly and becoming genuine water-cooler TV. The BBC launched the first three episodes on its iPlayer service when the series opener went out via regular broadcast, but the show ran in weekly installments thereafter.

The first episode has become the most-requested ever on iPlayer and the closer helped drive the streaming and catchup service’s biggest ever day, with 12.3 million program requests.

The final part ran to an extended 75 minutes. Series creator Jed Mercurio, whose crime series “Line of Duty” was also a hit, told BBC radio Friday that conversations with the pubcaster about a second season are just beginning. “We know that people out there are loving Series 1 and that there would be an appetite for Series 2, but we’ll just have to wait and see,” he said.

Speaking Monday about the colossal ratings, he said he was “completely stunned by the exceptional response to ‘Bodyguard.'” Simon Heath, CEO of World Productions added: “At a time when we’re told that linear TV is dying, it’s been thrilling to see the number of viewers flocking to watch ‘Bodyguard’ live.”

Netflix will drop all six episodes globally outside the U.K., including in the U.S., on Oct. 24.
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bodyguard-richard-madden-keeley-hawes-bbc-netflix-ratings-1202954200/

TELL ME A STORY (CBSAA)

Premieres Wednesday, October 31
DESCRIPTION:
(from CBS's press release, August 2018) CBS All Access announced today its upcoming psychological thriller series, TELL ME A STORY, will premiere on Wednesday, Oct. 31. Following the premiere, new episodes will drop weekly on Thursdays. TELL ME A STORY's 10-episode first season will be available on demand weekly on Thursdays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers. The announcement was made by Julie McNamara, Executive Vice President, Original Content, CBS All Access, at CBS' biannual Television Critics Association presentation. In addition, a sneak peek trailer for TELL ME A STORY was shown during the series' TCA panel which featured a conversation with executive producer Kevin Williamson and cast members Billy Magnussen (Nick), Dania Ramirez (Hannah), Danielle Campbell (Kayla), Dorian Missick (Sam) and Davi Santos (Gabe). TELL ME A STORY takes the world's most beloved fairy tales and reimagines them as a dark and twisted psychological thriller. Set in modern-day New York City, the first season of this serialized drama interweaves "The Three Little Pigs," "Little Red Riding Hood" and "Hansel and Gretel" into an epic and subversive tale of love, loss, greed, revenge and murder. The cast of TELL ME A STORY includes James Wolk, Billy Magnussen, Dania Ramirez, Danielle Campbell, Dorian Missick, Michael Raymond-James, Davi Santos, Sam Jaeger, Zabryna Guevara with Paul Wesley and Kim Cattrall.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/tell-me-a-story/

HOMECOMING (AMAZON)
Premieres Friday, November 2
DESCRIPTION:
(from Amazon's press release, July 2018) Here's your first look at Prime Video's upcoming mind-bending psychological thriller, Homecoming, starring Julia Roberts and directed by Sam Esmail (Creator of Mr. Robot). Homecoming premieres 11/2 on Prime Video. Heidi Bergman is a caseworker at Homecoming, a Geist Group facility helping soldiers transition to civilian life. Years later she has started a new life, living with her mother and working as a waitress, when a Department of Defense auditor questions why she left the Homecoming facility. Heidi quickly realizes that there's a whole other story behind the story she's been telling herself.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/homecoming/

returning

MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE, THE (AMAZON)
Returns Friday, October 5

BLINDSPOT (NBC)
Returns Friday, October 12

MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL (NETFLIX)
Returns Friday, October 19

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (CW)
Returns Monday, October 22

MIDNIGHT, TEXAS (NBC)
Returns Friday, October 26
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: News, Announcements & Spoilers   News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 2:32 pm

awww man, it's all over. I guess makes sense, most of the older characters did already have their story arcs. They'd have to bring in a whole new cast to keep it fresh.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/orange-is-the-new-black-last-season-season-7-1202983293/
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: News, Announcements & Spoilers   News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 pm

I read that Netflix canceled Iron Fist and Luke Cage.   Iron Fist - good riddance, but Luke Cage?  That's a shame.
Back to top Go down
Paul_nsguy

Paul_nsguy

PostSubject: Re: News, Announcements & Spoilers   News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 7:20 am

So CBS is going to do a limited series for The Stand.  More here.  Projected release date 2020.

The Stand is probably my all time favourite book.  I think I've probably read it 10 times.  Hopefully the tv series does the book justice.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: News, Announcements & Spoilers   News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 8:39 am

Let's see the cast! I enjoyed the book very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News, Announcements & Spoilers   News, Announcements & Spoilers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

News, Announcements & Spoilers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2