AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGot S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyGot S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyGot S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" Empty 
gin (20877)
Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyGot S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyGot S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ez
Ez

Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" Empty
PostSubject: Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"   Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:38 pm

In "The House of Black and White", Arya arrives in Braavos. Pod and Brienne run into trouble on the road. Cersei fears for her daughter’s safety in Dorne as Ellaria Sand seeks revenge for Oberyn’s death. Stannis tempts Jon.

PostSubject: Re: Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"   Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:46 pm

I'm so excited for this episode!
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"   Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:04 pm

Me too, what did you think of the first episode?

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"   Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:49 pm

Now the deviations from the book begin. I wanted to see Sam politic to get Jon as LC, but I liked his cut downs to Janos Slynt. I hope Jaime doesn't die going to Dorne, I guess that means no Lady Stoneheart.I do like him going with Bronn though.  I have a feeling Sansa is going to be the Fake Arya from the books, going to marry Ramsey Snow, Hopefully she leads the Northern Conspiracy to take down the Boltons. Pretty good episode overall, and Jaqen H’ghar is back, another deviation, but I am ok with that one.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"   Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:32 pm

Last week, Game of Thrones scored the highest ratings of its lifespan with “The Wars to Come,” the show’s fifth season premiere. With the second episode, “The House of Black and White,” things have taken a dip. While the premiere was watched by around 8 million people, “Black and White” pulled in only 6.8 million, managing a rating of 3.6 among adults 18-49.

Of course, the numbers for “Black and White” are still tremendous, and were more than enough to make Game of Thrones the most successful cable show this past Sunday. Coverage of the NBA playoffs came in second, with The Real Housewives of Atlanta taking the bronze. Fun fact: three of the spots in the top 10 were taken up by reruns of The Big Bang Theory on TBS. There’s just no stopping that show.

On the broadcast side of things, “The House of Black and White” had to fight against the American Country Music Awards, which posted huge numbers over on CBS this year.

Generally speaking, it’s normal for things to level off after the premiere. The second episode always sees a drop in ratings, although this is the biggest drop yet. It’s unknown whether the widespread leak of the first four episodes is partially to blame for that dip, but it’ll be interesting to see if the numbers jump back up come episode 5. Even so, “Black and White” got higher ratings than any other second episode of any season of the show, so I’d say HBO can mark this down in the “win” column.

PostSubject: Re: Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"   Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Ez wrote:
Now the deviations from the book begin. I wanted to see Sam politic to get Jon as LC, but I liked his cut downs to Janos Slynt. I hope Jaime doesn't die going to Dorne, I guess that means no Lady Stoneheart.I do like him going with Bronn though.  I have a feeling Sansa is going to be the Fake Arya from the books, going to marry Ramsey Snow, Hopefully she leads the Northern Conspiracy to take down the Boltons. Pretty good episode overall, and Jaqen H’ghar is back, another deviation, but I am ok with that one.

I also like that he's going with Bronn. What did book Jamie do? I really don't remember.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"   Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 7:06 pm

He goes to the Riverlands to end the siege on Riverrun, Brienne is intercepted by Lady Stoneheart, and commanded to bring Jaime to her for execution, that is basically where his story ends. Aerys Oakheart is the Kingsguard who is Dorne, he gets killed trying to raise up Myrcella as Queen.

PostSubject: Re: Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"   Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:17 am

Ez wrote:
He goes to the Riverlands to end the siege on Riverrun, Brienne is intercepted by Lady Stoneheart, and commanded to bring Jaime to her for execution, that is basically where his story ends. Aerys Oakheart is the Kingsguard who is Dorne, he gets killed trying to raise up Myrcella as Queen.

Ahhhh, now I remember. Thanks!

I really want to re-read the series.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"   Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:56 am

I am in the middle of a re-read right now, about half way through a Feast of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"   Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White" Empty

Back to top Go down

Got S5 E2 "The House of Black & White"
Page 1 of 1