AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in2018-19 NBA Season TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
2018-19 NBA Season Empty2018-19 NBA Season Empty2018-19 NBA Season Empty 
gin (20877)
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14878)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

2018-19 NBA Season

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 4:39 pm

The Knicks waived Joakim Noah. He has two years left on his contract, worth about $38M. The Knicks are using the stretch option so they'll pay that out over the course of the next four years.

I understand waiving him. And i understood why they took a chance on him. I don't understand using the stretch though really. It's not like they need cap space this year, and probably won't next year either. They're saving roughly $10M off the cap this year and next year, but then losing the same amount the following two years. I get that it'll be a smaller percentage of total cap space those two extra years, but it doesn't make sense! Do the Knicks expect to land a splashy free agent in next summer's market? It seems unlikely that they'll build anything that could attract an important free agent in just one season, and furthermore, even if they don't extend Porzingas nor Kanter, two of their best players, they still wouldn't have enough cap space to offer a max deal to Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, nor Jimmy Butler, who are currently next summer's biggest free agents. Even if they went to all that trouble, let's say they find somebody to take Ron Baker and/or Lance Thomas, with their salary, for some picks and/or D-League guys, and NOW there's enough cap space to sign a max player: Now you have Durant or Leonard or Butler, but teamed up with who, exactly? Tim Hardaway Jr, Frank Ntilikina, and Courteney Lee will then be the best backcourt players, and Mitchell Robinson is going to be the starting Center? Granted, getting just one of those three superstars would probably get the Knicks into the playoffs, because it's the East and the Knicks really do have some talented young role players, but not likely out of the first round.

I understood the way they were building several years ago, bringing in Stoudamire and then Carmelo. I had high hopes. Carmelo turned into a prick and fuck him, but Dolan brought in Phil Jackson to try to help smooth things out with Carmelo, and Jackson brought in Joakim to try to bolster the defense. Carmelo ran Jackson out of town, then decided to leave anyway; then Noah runs Head Coach Hornacek out of town, and now Noah's gone too, and all NY got out of all of it was a lot of disappointment and a big fat pile of debt. And we thought the Jets were a three-ring circus.

I'll watch some Knicks games this year, if only for Porzingas and the talented youngsters, but man, the shit just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

They've brought in David Fizdale to coach. His only previous head coaching experience was with Memphis in 16-17, where i guess he got good stuff out of a fair-to-middling roster (rated that way partially because their backcourt field general missed most of the year to injury). They pulled the 7 seed by going 4 games over .500 and lost in the first round to the Spurs in 6. Hopefully he can get some production of this Knicks roster.

So that there is my end-of-the-preseason Knicks rant. I'll try to post about teams that actually matter at some point later.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 5:31 pm

His Royal Dorkness wrote:
The Knicks waived Joakim Noah. He has two years left on his contract, worth about $38M. The Knicks are using the stretch option so they'll pay that out over the course of the next four years.

I understand waiving him. And i understood why they took a chance on him...
Really sorry to hear this, HRD. I remember how fond you are of the Knicks.

I also agree with taking a chance on him. They knew of his shooting deficiencies when they traded for him, but he's always been a great re-bounder.

...Do the Knicks expect to land a splashy free agent in next summer's market? It seems unlikely that they'll build anything that could attract an important free agent in just one season, and furthermore, even if they don't extend Porzingas nor Kanter, two of their best players, they still wouldn't have enough cap space to offer a max deal to Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, nor Jimmy Butler, who are currently next summer's biggest free agents...
Well, that's exactly what I heard.

Rumor has it, KD can't wait to play under the bright lights of New York. Especially if he can get another Championship this year.

HRD, is the "Unicorn" really expected back this season?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 8:19 pm

I figure Durant is the Knicks' best shot out of the available superstars next summer, and agree that another title under his belt would help their case. It's nice to hear you say that you heard he'd like to call MSG home for a while.

There's no guarantee that Kristaps will play this season. He could be back by the All-Star Game. We just don't know.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 2:25 pm

GSW (Gun Shot Wounds) opened the season with a win over OKC. This was without Westbrook.
The Celtics also won their opening game. It was nice to see both Irving and Hayward on the floor after their devastating injuries last season.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 6:36 am

If Carmelo goes to the Lakers to play with LeBron, i just might have to root for him again.

I'm not entirely sure i've healed enough for forgiveness yet.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 4:48 pm

HRD, wanted to get your initial feelings about the trade of the "Unicorn"?

And "Magic Johnson" has put everyone up, including his own children in the mix for Anthony Davis.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Crazy, crazy, crazy stuff going down across the association over the course of this past year.

Kristaps and Hardaway, the Knicks' two best players, along with Courtney Lee and Trey Burke, to the Mavs? For who again? DeAndre Jordan, Dennis Smith Jr, and Wesley Matthews.

facepalm

On the face of it, one could suspect that James Dolan himself put this deal together. But in reality it makes great sense for both teams.

On Kristaps: he wants out; he didn't sign his rookie extension, it would cost a lot to keep him even if he wanted to stay; he's still not healthy. Might as well get something for him.

Losing Lee and Burke free up more cap space long term, and the Knicks are getting comparable talent back in return in my opinion.

The thing that makes this deal sting, to me, is losing Hardaway. But the silver lining is TWO first round picks.

Jordan is a nice center, and Smith Jr is a hot rookie. All three guys coming to the Knicks have been starting for the Mavs this year, which isn't exactly glowing praise, but it's not nothing either. There's some talent coming back in this trade, as well as even more cap space and two 1st round picks.

I'm frankly amazed that the Knicks aren't the worst team in the Association right now. To be fair, the Suns had to lose 15 in a row (!!!) to get a half-game under them, but hey.

There is still talent on the roster, though nothing approaching leadership anymore, much less confident leadership. However, the Knicks now easily have cap space for two supermax deals this summer with room to spare to pick up some more pieces where needed, and they have a lot of youth.

It may sound crazy to say that the long-term future of the franchise looks healthier than it has in decades, but i say it anyway. Here's my big caveat: there are only three supermax-worthy players coming up in FA this summer, and none of them are true big men. KD is the only actual forward of the three. Whatever the Knicks do regarding the supermaxes this summer, they will need help in the post before they become true contenders.

________

Re: Anthony Davis: The Pelicans are not entertaining offers. "Magic" will have to pull something else out of his hat, or wherever. :goof:
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 11:06 pm

HUGE home win for the Knicks tonight, beating the Spurs 130-118. The Spurs have been a little slumpy lately, but they're still currently holding the 7 seed in the West, and the Knicks snapped a franchise-record 18-game home losing streak.

Jordan and Matthews still aren't playing yet, but new Knick Smith Jr. impressed starting at the one with 6 boards, 13 dimes, and 19 points. Damyean Dotson led Knick scorers with 27. Forwards Kevin Knox and Lance Thomas each had big nights, as did bench center Mitchell Robinson. Other than Lance Thomas, these are two rookies and two second-year guys.

It was a bright spot in a very ugly season. I'm glad i got to see some of it. Mitchell Robinson gives me hope that the Knicks might not need to rebuild the entire frontcourt.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 2:47 pm

...It may sound crazy to say that the long-term future of the franchise looks healthier than it has in decades, but i say it anyway. Here's my big caveat: there are only three supermax-worthy players coming up in FA this summer, and none of them are true big men. KD is the only actual forward of the three. Whatever the Knicks do regarding the supermaxes this summer, they will need help in the post before they become true contenders...
HRD, I've got'a believe the Knicks know something no one else is privy to. What I'm trying to promote is KD, somehow, is a done deal. You don't scuttle your whole roster and not know the endgame.
Now, for that 2nd supermax deal...Can you say Kyrie Irving? I thought you could. yay
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 9:45 pm

Y'see, Hodge, that's exactly the name i was trying NOT to say. Because that means supermax deals to two guards. I don't think that's going to win championships. So, what i was trying to hint at is...

Either the Knicks know something about Kawhi Leonard that we all don't, and they're counting on what you've heard about KD too, or something is still very awry in NYC.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Y'see, Hodge, that's exactly the name i was trying NOT to say. Because that means supermax deals to two guards. I don't think that's going to win championships. So, what i was trying to hint at is...
Are you thinking Kevin Durant would handle the Guards position moreso than Kyrie?
I know ever since Scottie Pippen came into the League and developed the position, Point-forward, everyone has been looking for the next iteration. But, I don't see KD needing the ball in his hands full court.

...Either the Knicks know something about Kawhi Leonard that we all don't, and they're counting on what you've heard about KD too, or something is still very awry in NYC.
Rumor has it, if Kawhi leaves Canada, he'll be heading to Los Angeles. No, not to the Lakers, but to my beloved Clippers. highfive
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 pm

KD has really grown into the small forward position, and he does bring some presence into the post. And i don't necessarily think that Kyrie is much less of a point guard than Steph. Call me crazy if you want, but i don't see Mitchell Robinson as the next Draymond Green. I'll be thrilled if he proves me wrong... in NYC!!! The Knicks lack all kinds of personnel advantages compared to where Golden State was five to ten years ago, and i don't believe in the front office enough to think that, if they land Kyrie and KD, they can put together a complement that'll win championships. But it'd be great to see them win a playoff game again at this point. Shit, the other night i was happy just to see them win a home game against a middle-of-the-pack-and-slumping opponent.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 6:21 am

The Knicks have won back-to-back home games! It's a good thing they won again, too, because the Suns stopped their streak at 17 losses with a win. :|

Anyway, i think the Clippers would be a great fit for Leonard. Doc Rivers is doing a great job with those guys. Did Gallinari get the All-Star nod this year?
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 2:06 pm

...Doc Rivers is doing a great job with those guys. Did Gallinari get the All-Star nod this year?
Doc's doing a great job, with little or nothing.
He's got the Clippers holding on to the 8th-seed, with a couple of games ahead of the Kings.
If I'm not mistaken, this was the 2nd straight season there wasn't a Clipper in the All-Star game. Although, Tobias Harris was going to be a good choice until he was traded to the Sixers. cry
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Over the last few weeks your Clippers have been on FIRE, Hodge!!

5 wins in a row right now and 10 of their last 11. They've clawed their way up to the 5 seed. Meanwhile Denver has taken over the top spot in the West and the Knicks have dropped to having the worst record in the Association.

There's still a lot of room for movement among the seeds in both conferences, and for the first time in several years, i feel like there are a lot of possibilities for this year's NBA playoff stories.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 2:54 pm

Over the last few weeks your Clippers have been on FIRE, Hodge!!

5 wins in a row right now and 10 of their last 11. They've clawed their way up to the 5 seed. Meanwhile Denver has taken over the top spot in the West and the Knicks have dropped to having the worst record in the Association.

There's still a lot of room for movement among the seeds in both conferences, and for the first time in several years, i feel like there are a lot of possibilities for this year's NBA playoff stories.
My Clippers have been on fire, HRD.  yay
As you mention, they're up to the 5th-seed in the West. Anything is better than facing GSW in the first-round if they'd stayed 8th.
Speaking of GSW...They're back in 1st-place going into the playoffs. That was an awful loss taken by Denver yesterday (03-24-10) against Indiana.

HRD, if the Knicks get the first pick in the NBA Draft, do they take Zion? And, if they do, does that change anything in the cards going after KD and Kyrie? thinking
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 9:43 pm

The Clippers are currently sitting on the 6 seed, but with only 1 1/2 games separating the 5 seed from the 8 seed in the West, they could wind up facing any of the top 4 seeds. Portland has surprised many by being in that group, and i think they'd be the desired first-round matchup for any lower-ranked seed.

Hodge, i would think the Kincks would take Williamson if they wind up with the first overall pick, even if they wouldn't be looking to keep him. I think he'll look like the best possible value at first overall, especially with the cap on rookie contracts being what it is. The only possible reason i can see for the Knicks to take anybody else is if there's a particular player expected to go early in the first round who they particularly want to build a team around. I've consistently failed to be able to predict what this franchise will do in terms of personnel decisions, though, so don't go waging any ducats based on what i think.

ETA: I can't see how acquiring Zion could conflict with a roster that features Irving and Durant. Irving can run the point, and Durant and Williamson can play the forwards. The forwards could both start games and both get plenty of minutes, i think Fizdale could easily find a way to keep either Durant or Williamson on the floor at all times and have both on the floor as part of an "A Team."
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 1:45 pm

The 2018-2019 NBA regular season is in the books.

Golden State got hot and took back the top seed in the West, but the best record in the Association for this year goes to the Milwaukee Bucks and their uberstar Thee Greek Freak, Giannis Antetokounmpo, who's my pick for this year's MVP award.

Giannis averaged 27.7 points, 12.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.3 steals, and 1.5 blocks per game. None of those are league leading figures, but in my opinion no other player accomplished as much as he this season, as he led the Bucks to a 60-22 record. Khris Middleton joined Giannis at the all-star game for this season, so it's not like Giannis carried the entire team, but the other serious MVP candidates all had more help than that except Kawhi Leonard, and Giannis's stats are better than Leonard's across the board.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 7:05 pm

...Golden State got hot and took back the top seed in the West, but the best record in the Association for this year goes to the Milwaukee Bucks and their uberstar Thee Greek Freak, Giannis Antetokounmpo, who's my pick for this year's MVP award...
I didn't expect anything else, HRD.
I watched several of the games between the upstarts Nuggets and the Dubs. Denver doesn't belong in the same arena as the GSWs. So, as I mentioned, I didn't expect anything else.

Now, I'm with you 100% when it comes to this seasons MVP. Giannis is a man among boys. And, he can only get better. He can already knock down 3s, so once he gets a mid-range jumper he maybe a perennial MVP for years to come.

Honestly, I'd rather endure a colonoscopy than to watch Harden bring the ball up court, dance, for it seems like forever, and shoot a three. Boring! tap
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 2:51 pm

My Clippers probably awoke a sleeping giant with a come from behind win in game two against the Warriors.
L.A. cut into a 31 point lead in the third-quarter to pull off the upset.
The series is now tied, 1-1, going into game 3.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 2:40 am

Holy crow, Hodge!!!! Talk about EPIC comebacks!

Unfuckingbelievable. There is no other word. A team that can do that is capable of anything, although the odds are still stacked heavily against them.

Doc is a genius. +32
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Holy crow, Hodge!!!! Talk about EPIC comebacks!

Unfuckingbelievable. There is no other word. A team that can do that is capable of anything, although the odds are still stacked heavily against them.

Doc is a genius. +32
If I was really honest, the Dubs quit playing half-way thru the 3rd-quarter. The starters knew they weren't going to finish the game. Then, all Hell broke loose!

Here's a question for you HRD...If you had a vote, would you cast it for Doc Rivers for Coach of the Year?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 7:29 am

I think so, Hodge. If i really actually had a vote, it might be close between Doc and Quin Snyder in Utah. I'd need to take a much closer look. The Jazz finished a couple games better than the Clippers, and also had no all-stars. I expect Budenholzer will get some votes too, and that's fair - he might have the best player in the game right now, but there's not a whole lot else there, and Milwaukee finished with a pretty amazing win total. I'm pretty sure my vote, had i one, would come down to Doc and Snyder, and probably land with Doc.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Now that I think more about it, I kind'a agree with your pick, Quinn Snyder.

Loosing D. Mitchell so early in the season, he somehow kept that team together and in the hunt.

But Doc was forced to give up any and every good player on the Clippers roster, but still brought them into the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 12:16 pm

Mitchell started 77 games this season, and Utah also had Ricky Rubio and Rudy Gobert starting, and Jae Crowder taking a lot of minutes off the bench. Now, none of those guys made the All-Star team this year, but i feel like Doc did almost as much with considerably less.

I've taken that closer look, and i feel more confident that i would vote for Doc if i had an actual vote. I'll have no problem with Quin winning it if that's how it happens. I've thought more about how Khris Middleton has developed, and i think Budenholzer would be a worthy winner too.

I saw a headline yesterday about "LeBron's disastrous first year as a Laker," and i wondered how many people share that feeling, that the season was a disaster. The Lakers finished in 10th place, 8 games under .500. Not a great season, but better than Kobe's last couple years by a far sight. The Lakers had a winning home record and were almost .500 against Western Conference opponents; they really died on their East Coast Road Trips.

Sure, LeBron wasn't all alone: he had Rondo, Ball, Ingram, Kuzman. None of them had All-Star seasons, but it is a complement with some talent.

In my opinion, LeBron has always needed complementary players to compete down the stretch, but in the past he used to carry just about any team at least TO the postseason, and often deep into it. He's not that guy anymore, he's not the best player in the league, in a class by himself, any more. He's still one of the best, though. I think if he gets another two All-Stars, or one of the other best players in the Association, he can still lead a team to great things if they have decent complementary talent. It might be time for him to consider NOT leading, though. Right now, he has to lead. But if his ego is keeping a guy like Kawhi Leonard out of gold & purple, it might be a good time to indicate that he's ready to be a great #2 for somebody like that. We know he can share the ball on the court, but can he share the spotlight off of it?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 10:18 am

I wonder if anybody's going to be interested in talking to Carmelo Anthony about next season.

If anybody missed it, Anthony's production in OKC was poor, he put up the worst statistical season of his career. After signing with Houston for the 2018-19 season, he was traded to Chicago in late January primarily to save Houston luxury tax expenses, and the Bulls waived him about a week later.

He's pretty much a lock for the Hall of Fame, but he'll be 35 by next season's tipoff, and was waived by a team that went 22-60 after they looked at him for a week.

Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 2:58 pm

I wonder if anybody's going to be interested in talking to Carmelo Anthony about next season.

If anybody missed it, Anthony's production in OKC was poor, he put up the worst statistical season of his career. After signing with Houston for the 2018-19 season, he was traded to Chicago in late January primarily to save Houston luxury tax expenses, and the Bulls waived him about a week later.

He's pretty much a lock for the Hall of Fame, but he'll be 35 by next season's tipoff, and was waived by a team that went 22-60 after they looked at him for a week.

Honestly, I expected a lot more of his pairing with the dynamic-duo in OKC. Is he over the hill, or was that just a bad situation. I guess, that's what you're asking with your question.

Could he be a nice locker room addition to some young up and coming squad needing experience? I'd be curious to know what he expects from his body. As you mention, he's going to be 35 next season. Not sure he could handle a lot of minutes, so my idea maybe his only way to stay in the League.

HRD, would he play overseas? Whose that well known player who still plays somewhere in Europe, or was it Japan?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 8:13 pm

You're could be thinking of Allen Iverson, Samuel Dalembert, Carlos Boozer, Jimmer Fredette, DuJuan Blair, or even Amare Stoudamire. Or maybe none of them but somebody else i'm not thinking of.

I was glad that the Thunder decided not to bring him back, and i had a feeling it wouldn't work out in Houston either. I kinda feel a little guilty now about rooting for him to fail after he left NY, after being a fan of his from college through so many great NBA years, but i'm also still a little angry about the way he left NY. I guess at this point i would enjoy it if he could let his ego take a back seat and accept a limited role someplace and finally get a ring.

________

Mrs. Mo and i watched the Clippers game yesterday. We were rooting for your boys, Hodge, and they played a heck of a game, though the ending wasn't what we hoped. We watched a few games yesterday, and GoT for a nightcap.

Tonight we just might watch your old pal Blake Griffin and his Detroit Pistons finish getting swept by Giannis and the Mighty Bucks.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 5:09 pm

You're could be thinking of Allen Iverson, Samuel Dalembert, Carlos Boozer, Jimmer Fredette, DuJuan Blair, or even Amare Stoudamire. Or maybe none of them but somebody else i'm not thinking of...
I'm pretty sure I was thinking about Allen Iverson. He's got to be my age.  uh

...I was glad that the Thunder...
Speaking of the Thunder, what do we expect is going on in OKC?  dunno
I for one expected a better fight than what I've seen. Okay, I actually thought they'red be an upset in this round of the playoffs.

...Mrs. Mo and i watched the Clippers game yesterday. We were rooting for your boys, Hodge, and they played a heck of a game, though the ending wasn't what we hoped...
As I mentioned in another post, we woke a sleeping giant. We'll be lucky to push this series to a sixth game.  ?

...Tonight we just might watch your old pal Blake Griffin and his Detroit Pistons finish getting swept by Giannis and the Mighty Bucks.
HRD, that's a real man! A man among boys!
I'm hoping he solidified his MVP with those 41-pts. I thought it was a masterful game for Giannis.

ETA: Forgot to mention...D. Mitchell joins the five on the floor for the Jazz and they beat the Hardin led Rockets.
Thank goodness for small pleasures. eee
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 7:14 pm

I think the main thing going on in OKC right now is the Portland Trailblazers. They are The Real Deal. A bunch of the TNT analysts think they're going to win the Conference Finals over Golden State this year.

It was an amazing game by Giannis. His athleticism was on full display. The Bucks had 10 blocks and 6 steals. There were two plays that i felt illustrated the series in microcosm. One was Giannis' double clutch under the rim, in the air, for the layup and the foul. The other was Khris Middleton's steal and dunk. He just straight up took the ball away from the Piston whose name i've already forgotten, who wasn't out of step or off-balance or anything, but he just didn't expect Middleton to reach right in like that. It was almost like a purse snatching.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 10:47 pm

Hodgepodge wrote:
Thank goodness for small pleasures. eee
This is about as good as most NBA Playoff seasons have gotten for me in a long time.

________

I was also rooting for Utah last night, though i wasn't able to stay awake through even the end of the first quarter. I can't bring myself to root for James Harden. I respect his game, for some reason though, i don't like him. Something about him. Maybe it's that he's a cocky dick. I've never been too fond of repetitive redundancy.

The game in Philly this evening put the ug back in ugly. It also features two teams i think i don't really understand. How did this Brooklyn team win enough games to nab the 6 seed in the East? And how did this 76ers team lose a playoff game to them?

I don't like the fact that Orlando won their division and wasn't guaranteed at least a top-half seed. It's not like the Conference Finals would feature different teams (this year, at least) if division winners weren't guaranteed home court advantage in the first round, and i don't understand the point of even having divisions at this point, the way the math works out you can just follow conference standings and not even know the divisions and you understand the rankings perfectly. Enh, whatevs. hm

____

ETA: Oh, i almost forgot to mention that famulous Knicks alum, and MY BOY, Jeremy Lin, is coming off the bench for The Raptors this year. This postseason he had 4 points in 4 minutes on 1-1 from the field and 2-2 from the charity stripe with an assist before this evening! Now he has 6 minutes and added a miss from the field and 2 rebounds. .500 isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:27 pm

This year the Eastern Conference semi-finals are actually starting a few hours before the Western Conference first round is over.

I guess i'm pulling for Spurs tonight, if only so there can be at least one first round upset. I don't either they nor Denver can actually win a best-of-seven against Portland. The 'Blazers are firing on all cylinders right now and i think the Western Conference Finals are going to be great to watch.

I think the trend of straight chalk in the East will continue, though i think the 76ers have a slightly better chance against Toronto than Boston has against the Bucks. I'd be happy to see either Milwaukee or Toronto playing in the Finals. Right now, i'm hoping to see Bucks and 'Blazers in the Finals.

I don't think Houston can actually win 4 of 7 vs. the Warriors, but i know they'll play for every win they can get, and i hope they manage to take the Dubs deep into the series. Whoever wins tonight to face Portland will have played 7 playoff games already. Hopefully Portland can wrap their semi-final series quickly and be well rested for the Conference Finals.

________

Hodgepodge, my friend, nobody can say that your beloved Clippers didn't have a heck of a great season, nor that they didn't actually give Golden State a good series. If they hadn't slipped all the way to the 8 seed, they might have even won a playoff series. I think they'd have had a good chance against the team Denver is currently putting on the hardwood.

If they do manage to bring Leonard in, without losing too much of what they have now, that alone could put them in the top half of next year's playoff seeding. I hope you're suitably proud of their performance this season.

____

Several NY papers have, over the last few days, started talking as though Durant to the Knicks is practically a done deal. I don't know if something was leaked that i haven't heard yet, but i'm excited for that possibility.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 6:49 pm

...I think the trend of straight chalk in the East will continue, though i think the 76ers have a slightly better chance against Toronto than Boston has against the Bucks. I'd be happy to see either Milwaukee or Toronto playing in the Finals. Right now, i'm hoping to see Bucks and 'Blazers in the Finals...
Well, the 76ers looked anemic in game #1. 108-95!
Kawhi went off for 45pts.

I've never seen a team dominate the Bucks the way the Celtics did in game #1. 112-90!
They totally defended the "Greek Freak".

...I don't think Houston can actually win 4 of 7 vs. the Warriors, but i know they'll play for every win they can get, and i hope they manage to take the Dubs deep into the series. Whoever wins tonight to face Portland will have played 7 playoff games already. Hopefully Portland can wrap their semi-final series quickly and be well rested for the Conference Finals...
I'm not a fan of Harden or the Rockets, but I felt they got robbed last night.
Harden usually gets those 3-pt. foul calls. Not last night.
"Dame" Lillard went butt-wild in that close-out game.

...Hodgepodge, my friend, nobody can say that your beloved Clippers didn't have a heck of a great season, nor that they didn't actually give Golden State a good series. If they hadn't slipped all the way to the 8 seed, they might have even won a playoff series. I think they'd have had a good chance against the team Denver is currently putting on the hardwood.

If they do manage to bring Leonard in, without losing too much of what they have now, that alone could put them in the top half of next year's playoff seeding. I hope you're suitably proud of their performance this season...
Yeah, they pushed them to the limit. Not to a game #7, but physically!
I'm looking forward to whomever they can bring in in FA. Needless to say, Kawhi would set them up for a long run in the West.

...Several NY papers have, over the last few days, started talking as though Durant to the Knicks is practically a done deal. I don't know if something was leaked that i haven't heard yet, but i'm excited for that possibility.
I've heard the same thing. Wasn't "Magic" fined for tampering? lol2
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyFri May 03, 2019 6:02 pm

Milwaukee showed what's up in game 2. I never expected them to sweep the Celtics, but i'm confident that the Bucks can win the best-of-7. What's surprised me in this round is that Philly is in the driver's seat against Toronto and that Denver has been doing so well against Portland.

The Rockets have kept both of their losses close, and crying about the officiating VERY loudly. I didn't watch either of those games, so i can't really say if their complaints are justified or not, but i know that NBA officiating is still not what it should be in general.

________

I'm pretty sure that i do remember "Magic" getting fined for tampering. I think it was about Giannis. I believe Giannis is under contract with Milwaukee for two more years. Can you believe that he's only 24 years old? bball1
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyTue May 07, 2019 6:30 pm

I wonder which Joel Embiid will show up in Toronto tonight?
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyWed May 08, 2019 3:41 pm

I wonder which Joel Embiid will show up in Toronto tonight?
I don't know what's wrong with the guy, HRD. gross As in game #4, he was a none issue in last nights game #5.

Now, according to the 76ers HC, he's been having problems with his stomach. He's been dealing with an elevated temperature and dizziness.

HRD, answer me a question? How does Ben Simmons get drafted (and so high), without a jump shot? I mean, he simply refuses to take a shot outside the "paint". WTF! ?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyWed May 08, 2019 8:49 pm

I think the idea was that he was what Philly needed most at the moment, not necessarily that he was the best player available in the draft class.

It's a complicated question, but i think it's hard to argue with the results. I mean, his assist to turnover ratio is better than 2:1; it's odd to see a 1 guard without an outside shot these days, but i guess The Process figured that outside shooters are starting to become common these days and a PG with an inside presence could have a lot of upside. He grabs an impressive number of rebounds, has a great handle, spreads the ball well, and is consistently high percentage when he does shoot.

I know Philly couldn't have guaranteed that they'd land Jimmy Butler when they drafter Simmons, but i can see how they might have actually used having Simmons as offering upside to bring in Butler.

Embiid is definitely the story of this series, so far at least. Absolutely brilliant in game 3 and otherwise mostly absent. Frankly i think they should bench him for game 5 if he's not feeling right. They'd be better off giving him a chance to rest and heal up and hope to win 2 in a row if he can get healthy rather than putting him out there and keeping him tired, and in fact i think the 76ers field a better team without him when he's not on his game. They're a team with decent depth, and Simmons is PG who can adapt well to different personnel.

In my opinion, the 76ers will lose this series even if Embiid feels just fine for the rest of the series, though they could take it to game 7 in that case, and could even surprise me.

I felt from the outset that this would be a special postseason in the NBA, and so far i haven't been disappointed. We had a game 7 in the first round and a lot of great games. Furthermore it's time for me to admit that i SERIOUSLY underestimated Denver. I knew they were good, and i respect the hell out of the style of ball that they play. But i didn't expect them to stand so tall against Portland, and at this point the series is theirs to lose. The downside for that, for me, is that i still think Portland would have a better chance against Golden State than Denver will. Golden State has ways of forcing isolation, and i think Portland could stand a chance at beating the Dubs at their own game, while i think Denver's models will fall apart. But they've shown me that i underestimated them already, so maybe i still do. This Denver-Portland series has been the best NBA playoff series that i've seen in a while, and i feel like both conference finals could be even better.

I expect Milwaukee to finish off the C's in Boston tonight, which will give the Bucks at least a little more rest than their opponent. This Bucks team reminds me of the Cavs team that won the Finals with LBJ and Kyrie in a lot of ways, but they have better depth overall, if not a point guard as talented as Kyrie. So i think they could take the Warriors, but i also think they could lose to them.

All this uncertainty, all these possibilities, and so many truly championship-worthy teams, are really making this the best NBA postseason i can remember in so so many years. I almost don't even care that the Knicks were the worst team in the Association this year. Even Mrs. Mo has gotten into it, which has been wonderful! Like me, she's rooting for the Bucks in the East; but she's pulling for Denver in the West because she loves the team ethic, and i respect the hell out of that. If they meet in the Finals, she says she won't care who wins as long as she gets to watch a great series. I married a phenomenal woman, i tell ya.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySun May 12, 2019 7:25 pm

It really came down to the wire, but Portland did my predictions right in the end. Full respect to this year's Nuggets team, i thought they were pretty good, but they were a lot better than i gave them credit for.

NOW, can the 'Blazers prove me (and some of the TNT guys) right and beat Golden State? There hasn't been much talk about KD's ankle over the last few days, or at least not on this side of the country. Personally, i hope he's fit as a fiddle, and not just because it sucks when marquee stars are hurt especially in marquee moments, but also because i genuinely want to know if i'm right that Portland can be the Dubs at their own game in a best-of-7 playoff series.

Meanwhile, the 76ers are in Toronto tonight for yet another game 7 in this postseason, and it could be a barn-burner. I guess my heart is still pulling for Toronto a little bit, but if Butler and Simmons go apesnip again it'll be hard not to get caught up in that. The coldly rational part of my mind tells me that Toronto shouldn't have too much trouble with this game, and it border on a blowout snooze-fest. Either way, I think the Bucks can handle either team even without Pau Gasol.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyWed May 15, 2019 3:27 pm

...It's a complicated question, but i think it's hard to argue with the results. I mean, his assist to turnover ratio is better than 2:1; it's odd to see a 1 guard without an outside shot these days, but i guess The Process figured that outside shooters are starting to become common these days and a PG with an inside presence could have a lot of upside. He grabs an impressive number of rebounds, has a great handle, spreads the ball well, and is consistently high percentage when he does shoot...
Well, watching game #7, it became obvious, in a half-court set, the Raptors would back off Simmons and double team another player. He's even a poor "free-throw" shooter.

It really came down to the wire, but Portland did my predictions right in the end. Full respect to this year's Nuggets team, i thought they were pretty good, but they were a lot better than i gave them credit for...
I actually thought Denver would win game #7.

...NOW, can the 'Blazers prove me (and some of the TNT guys) right and beat Golden State? There hasn't been much talk about KD's ankle over the last few days, or at least not on this side of the country...
Well, if you take last nights game as a foreshadow of things to come, no!
Curry goes off for 36, while Klay helps with 26.

I don't expect we'll see KD unless the GSWs loose a game at home. Definitely not Thursday, but maybe if the series comes back to Oakland.

...Meanwhile, the 76ers are in Toronto tonight for yet another game 7 in this postseason, and it could be a barn-burner. I guess my heart is still pulling for Toronto a little bit, but if Butler and Simmons go apesnip again it'll be hard not to get caught up in that. The coldly rational part of my mind tells me that Toronto shouldn't have too much trouble with this game, and it border on a blowout snooze-fest...
Well, it came down to a last shot. Maybe the greatest shot in NBA history.

Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyThu May 16, 2019 7:45 pm

I will definitely grant you that Simmons is terrible from the stripe, but c'mon the guy shoots almost 60% from the floor. I'm not sure he deserved to be #1 overall that class, but i also think you're selling him a little short. But that's enough talk about Philly for now. Jimmy Butler showed he's still got it and Embiid proved he's still a punk, and the better team advanced, even though they made us wait until the last possible moment.

Now the best two teams in the East are finally at it in the ECF, and last night felt like Christmas. The Raptors, on the road, just straight raining down hard on the Bucks for three quarters of basketball. And then it all fell apart.

Part of me wants to believe that this hard road loss could break this tired Toronto team, and they might just limp through rest of this series. I know Milwaukee looked a little stiff out there early in the game. But i really think that extra rest before a series makes a difference, and the Bucks can use any and every possible edge that they can get against whoever comes out of the West.

But i think these Raptors have more emotional toughness than that. I don't think they're going to win this series, but i think it will at least be a series that the Bucks will have to win, because the Raptors won't wilt.

I have to admit that Portland looked awful in game 1 of WCF, but i'm not giving up on them. Yet.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyThu May 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Lebron who?
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyFri May 17, 2019 11:17 am

I can't believe i ever thought these Trailblazers could beat the Warriors.

Well, i mean, i believe i did, and i know why i did, but the Dubs have definitely shown me that they were playing possum for a lot of this year.

If Portland couldn't win that game, even though they were on the road, against a Golden State team without KD, they might not want to bother playing starters for the rest of the series. They had that game well in hand until they didn't. In a lot of ways it felt like game 1 of the ECF, although I think it has to have a deeper impact as now Portland has lost both the game they played well in and the game they played poorly in.

One thing that stands out to me every time i see him play, is how ridiculously deep Steph Curry's range is.

I have to admit, too, that i watched the Dubs force isolation so often and so well and win so much with it, that it's easy to forget how solid the fundamentals are for each member of their team, and that's a big credit to Steve Kerr and to the guys on the team themselves as individuals.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyFri May 17, 2019 3:35 pm

I will definitely grant you that Simmons is terrible from the stripe, but c'mon the guy shoots almost 60% from the floor. I'm not sure he deserved to be #1 overall that class, but i also think you're selling him a little short...
HRD, he shoots almost 60% from the floor because he's never taken a shot outside the paint.   facepalm  

...Now the best two teams in the East are finally at it in the ECF, and last night felt like Christmas. The Raptors, on the road, just straight raining down hard on the Bucks for three quarters of basketball. And then it all fell apart.

Part of me wants to believe that this hard road loss could break this tired Toronto team, and they might just limp through rest of this series. I know Milwaukee looked a little stiff out there early in the game. But i really think that extra rest before a series makes a difference, and the Bucks can use any and every possible edge that they can get against whoever comes out of the West...
Yeah, the Raptors came out and shot lights-out. Then, the Bucks started their comeback, and it showed what the previous 7-game series took out of them.
Kawahi was totally exhausted, and I blame the coach for not getting him out in the first-half for a breather. Thank God, it looked like Lowry came to play. 30pts. for the game was huge. Hopefully he'll be able to repeat tonight in game #2.

...I have to admit that Portland looked awful in game 1 of WCF, but i'm not giving up on them. Yet...

I can't believe i ever thought these Trailblazers could beat the Warriors.

Well, i mean, i believe i did, and i know why i did, but the Dubs have definitely shown me that they were playing possum for a lot of this year.

If Portland couldn't win that game, even though they were on the road, against a Golden State team without KD, they might not want to bother playing starters for the rest of the series. They had that game well in hand until they didn't. In a lot of ways it felt like game 1 of the ECF, although I think it has to have a deeper impact as now Portland has lost both the game they played well in and the game they played poorly in...
Well, they gave up a 17-point lead at the beginning of the 3rd-quarter, and went on to loose by three.
I will say, the Trailblazers' backcourt looked a lot better in game #2 than the first. GSWs just decided to increase their "D" beginning the 2nd-half, and shut them out for the remaining of game#2.

davidalan wrote:
Lebron who?
BA, you sure hold a grudge.  lol4
Then, Cleveland went on to get blown out of the 2019 NBA Draft Lottery. Went from having a 14% chance of getting Zion, to settling for the 5th overall pick.  

...One thing that stands out to me every time i see him play, is how ridiculously deep Steph Curry's range is.
HRD, I've always said, his range begins at the parking lot. Surprised
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyWed May 22, 2019 8:53 pm

The 'Blazers looked just terrible throughout that series. Golden State played like they were all 5 years younger than they are now. I mean, they looked just like that team again. Now they're getting some extra rest, too, and KD will have had like three weeks off before the Finals even start.

Seems like the ECF is likely the last real good series of the season. The Bucks need to make some adjustments. Maybe run more screens to get the ball to Giannis inside more often, or change up the rotation to create some mismatches when Toronto goes 4 small, or something. There's no way they should lose this series, especially with Leonard not quite in top form.

Watching those WCF games though, i felt like Kerr and the Dubs spent a large part of the season playing possum, or maybe Kerr was just spreading minutes judiciously so he could have his best guys healthy and ready to click at the right time. Damn did it work.
Back to top Go down
Hodgepodge

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySat May 25, 2019 1:54 pm

The 'Blazers looked just terrible throughout that series. Golden State played like they were all 5 years younger than they are now. I mean, they looked just like that team again. Now they're getting some extra rest, too, and KD will have had like three weeks off before the Finals even start...
Yeah, I thought they'd put up a better fight than that.

Here's the "$1,000,000 question: They looked so good in their sweep of the Trailblazers, like you mentioned, like 5 years previous, do they need KD in the Finals?

Along with KD, they should get "Boogie" Cousins as well. And, lets not mentioned, the extended time off, allows both Livingston and "Iggy" time to rest and heal.

...Seems like the ECF is likely the last real good series of the season. The Bucks need to make some adjustments. Maybe run more screens to get the ball to Giannis inside more often, or change up the rotation to create some mismatches when Toronto goes 4 small, or something. There's no way they should lose this series, especially with Leonard not quite in top form...
I'm still shocked at the outcome of game #5. They weren't suppose to loose at home. And, lets not mention, they were suppose to steal a game in Canada.

Game #6 tonight (05-25-19)! I'm still rooting for Giannis. woooo
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySat May 25, 2019 9:49 pm

When it became clear that the Knicks wouldn't contend in this season's playoffs (about a year and a half ago), i thought that i'd rather see Kawhi and Toronto in the Finals than Kyrie and the Celtics. I was aware of Giannis and was somewhat hoping that he'd have a breakout year, but i didn't expect the Bucks as a team to emerge the way they did. As the Bucks did emerge, something else i didn't expect was happening in the West: the Warriors were looking vulnerable.

But now the veils have dropped. I wouldn't put it past this Bucks team to win tonight and even game 7. Either team is a suitable representative for the East in my opinion. I'm still pulling for the Deer, just because Giannis is probably the most physically gifted athlete the Association has seen since Shaq, and i want to see him play at least 4 more games.

No, i don't think Golden State needs KD to win a best-of-seven against either of these teams, though, especially if DeMarcus is healthy again. I'm pretty sure that'll be the first three-peat since the Kobe-Shaq Lakers, who really didn't deserve it because Sacramento was better that one year, and the Dubs will actually deserve it. So really this O-Town Dynasty will, in my opinion at least, hearken back to the Jordan-Rodman-Pippen Bulls teams three-peat, and in a FAR more competitive era.
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySun May 26, 2019 8:32 am

Canada in the finals! Excellent.
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySun May 26, 2019 6:07 pm

davidalan wrote:
Lebron who?
He's also known as, "Mister Only-Major-Sports-Championship-In-Cleveland-Since-1964," "Promise Made, Promise Kept," and "The Thrice and Future King."

AND he's undeniably the best B-Baller of his generation.

13 straight years in the playoffs, 9 straight years in The Finals. Those streaks are over. 15 straight all-star selections - that streak remains. Hell, his streak of 15 straight All-NBA selections is still alive, and this was the first year he wasn't first team!

As amazing as those streaks are, his career totals are likely to eclipse them.

I don't see LBJ living out much of his post-NBA life in Hollywood. Maybe at first, a decade at most, but after that, if there's still a recognizable Cleveland to go home to, he'll go.

davidalan wrote:
drank
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptySun May 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Let me rephrase. I'm grateful that Lebron returned to Cleveland and won a championship for us starved northeastern Ohioans. My Lebron who comment meant that now that he's gone there are no Cavs. And I don't really care about his current exploits. Out west especially. LA's nice Im sure. But if he wanted to play in the playoffs again he should have stayed in the east. But Lebron locally has done a lot of philanthropic work. And he campaigned against Trump which is always a plus. And yes he's great. But he's never been my particular basketball hero. Except for the championship here. My heart always belonged to the Pistons and their first finals run of 2 out of 3 (before the Bulls made everyone else obsolete) and then when the later Pistons snuck in and beat the Lakers and then next season lost 4-3 to the Spurs. For me right now basketball is actually pretty dull. Golden State? Don't care. They're the new Bulls and good for them for being such but they bore me. The East has mainly been a joke for years (except wherever Lebron was playing). I hope The Raptors do well. But if they want to have any kind of chance they can't lose a game at home. Period. And generally they can't make as many mistakes as the Warriors. They have to make fewer. So starting now the Raptors need to consult Trainers Gurus and Shamans because it's going to take that kind of commitment for them not to be all nervous and jittery in the first game because by the time that happens that game will be over and so will the playoffs. Toronto has home court. And that's actually a problem. I'll root for them though. Who knows? Come 2020 I fear more of us may be living there. If Canada doesn't build a wall that is.

bball1 can usa bball1
Back to top Go down
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season EmptyMon May 27, 2019 1:15 pm

davidalan wrote:

PLEASE.....gimmie a break Toronto is in the finals and is there any actual Canadians on the team?

and get this Vancouver city council is thinking of setting up giant screens in downtown so lots of people can gather to watch the games

like do these idiots not remember what happened when large crowds gathered to watch another sporting event downtown

2018-19 NBA Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018-19 NBA Season   2018-19 NBA Season Empty

Back to top Go down

2018-19 NBA Season
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next