AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSurvivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptySurvivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptySurvivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  Empty 
gin (20877)
Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptySurvivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptySurvivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ez
Ez

Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  Empty
PostSubject: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:57 pm

There were supposed to be 10 pairs of loved ones competing on this season’s Survivor: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water (which debuts Sept. 24 on CBS). But then, just days before filming began in Nicaragua, one of the couples was forced to bow out after a last minute-medical check turned up something that gave the Survivor medics pause. The same thing actually happened during the last Blood vs. Water season when RC Saint-Amour and her father had to drop out while on location due to medical reasons involving the dad. In that instance, Candice and John Cody were flown in at the last minute to replace them. (They arrived in the Philippines less than 24 hours before filming began.)
No such luck this time around with replacements, so producers had to adjust the game from 20 players down to 18, which also created an imbalance in the amount of men and women playing. I sat down with Survivor host Jeff Probst on location on day one of the game, where he told me all about the last minute change. “We started this with 10 pairs and it does happen,” says Probst. “It’s rare, but it sometimes happens that for different reasons somebody is pulled from the game. We lost a pair of women, so the way it works out is there are more men than women. That’s just the game. We don’t like it that way, but that’s the way it’s going to start…. It changes your show. It changes your Tribal Council because there are two less people to get rid of.”

But, wait — if we’re down to only 18 players, does that mean we may get a final two again instead of a final three? Not necessarily, cautions the host. “Yeah, it’s possible,’ he says of the chance of a final two. “It depends what happens over the next 39 days. As it is right now — no. But if somebody were to be evacuated or to quit, now we’re getting to a small amount of numbers in order to finish our show.”

Probst and I have  good-naturedly sparred over the merits of a final three vs. final two — I am a fan of the latter — for years, and the host once again shared why he prefers the former. “I don’t think the final three is better than the final two,” he says. “But I do think the final three gives you a better chance of somebody likeable or an interesting dynamic happening. Case in point: last season had Woo chosen Kass, you have a Kass-Woo final. No offense to those guys, it’s not as interesting as a Tony-Woo final. To me, it only proves my point more as to why a final three goes into play.” “

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:16 pm

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Starts next week
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:57 pm

It comes on right before the Big Brother Finale!

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 11:01 pm

I don't watch that but yay yay
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 pm

You should, it's the same concept just in a house instead of an island

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 11:04 pm

I tried to watch once, I just wasn't into it.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Yea, it usually takes a few weeks for the good game play to pick up

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:31 pm

I do enjoy the blood vs water ones. But I keep the same opinion as last year- you know going in that you may have to sacrifice your loved one in irder to succeed . Jeremy was sweet though when he almost cried about Val going to exile.

And finally someone who showed up having practiced making fire. I know I would be studying that stuff if I was going to play. You see how hard it is when you're missing skills like that.
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 7:37 am

Exactly, I would be able to make fire before coming out, and I would practice making shelter as well and research the best ones to make

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 7:50 am

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 8:40 am

hmmm, a negotiation occurs that makes Jeff happy? that ought to be good - he gets a little evil sometimes

someone looks like they quit too - unless that's part of the negotiation - someone pulling a Rupert.

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 8:41 am

I think someone will quit, but probably not until later in the season

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Those young guys aren't going to put up a fight in the outwit department
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:38 pm

No, they aren't the brightest crayons in the box

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:28 am

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:09 am

Val facepalm
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:28 am

Yea, she's a genius,  if you really have a idol,  you don't tell anyone, you really don't tell people you have 2 of them

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:43 am

especially not 3 days in
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:33 am

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:55 am

HAHAHAHA, Drew is an idiot, I loved it! That tribe is a mess!

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:55 am

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 8:29 am

Ez wrote:
HAHAHAHA, Drew is an idiot, I loved it! That tribe is a mess!

dumbass is the new badass

as soon as he dropped the challenge I had a feeling they'd get rid of him

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 8:40 am

Me too, I love seeing people who think they are running things get voted out

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:22 am

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 7:46 am

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:25 pm

That was about an anti-climatic quit as I've seen. It's not like she was a player.

I'll be upset if it's jeremy or josh next week. I like them both
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Yea, I think Jeremy will be the target if he doesn't win immunity, but Alec seems to rub people the wrong way so who knows. I remember when Jeff used to be mean to quitters.

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 7:49 am

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:57 am

Ez wrote:
Yea, I think Jeremy will be the target if he doesn't win immunity, but Alec seems to rub people the wrong way so who knows. I remember when Jeff used to be mean to quitters.

yeah, Alec is an ass

about stealing the trail mix - didn't they get their merge feast? If you're stealing from the tribe you shouldn't let your things be left unattended.
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:58 am

and - didn't they get to bring that new bag of rice? food shouldn't be that much of an issue now
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 8:20 am

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 7:51 am

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:27 am

I didn't know it was 2 hours last night. That was a surprise.

Missy annoys me so I can't wait for next week - looks like she's leaving
Back to top Go down
blondie

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:28 am

I've started rooting for Keith - I love the underdogs
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:37 am

This has been the least interesting season for me, I don't want Missy, Jon or Jacqueline to win, other than that I don't care

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:30 am

I like it but I don't like when there is an obvious group that is in charge and starts acting obnoxious about it. I loved how shocked they were last night at the second tribal - knocked them down a few pegs hopefully.

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Yea, but I don't think it was smart, if you wanted to make a move against Jon, why not vote out Jacqueline?

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 1:04 pm

I was wondering that myself. I guess since he has an idol? even if they took her out, he still has one for next time - assuming he doesn't win immunity.

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 1:23 pm

I don't know, but I wouldn't have voted out Alec to send a message, now, they are both still in the game, and he still has an idol. She should have just voted out Keith so he didn't become suspicious!

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 8:12 am

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 8:31 am

finally they broke up that couple - good move

now to get rid of missy or baylor

Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 8:58 am

I agree, I think Natalie should win at this point, she's played the best out of who's left

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Missy and jacklyn are unrecognizable
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:24 am

Thankfully this abomination of a season is over, at least Natalie won, next season looks intriguing.

blondie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:56 am

the tribal was pretty boring
Back to top Go down
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Reeds speech to Missy was pretty cool, but a pretty blah finale

Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 pm

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 3:38 pm

i was going for Keef....but Nat played a great game imo....so im happy :)
Back to top Go down
https://afterlost.forumotion.com
Ez
Ez

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 4:22 pm

She was ok, overall the cast was pretty underwhelming, hopefully next season will be better.

PostSubject: Re: Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water    Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water  Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: TV-