AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog intv falling to crap - Page 2 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
tv falling to crap - Page 2 Emptytv falling to crap - Page 2 Emptytv falling to crap - Page 2 Empty 
gin (20877)
tv falling to crap - Page 2 Emptytv falling to crap - Page 2 Emptytv falling to crap - Page 2 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

tv falling to crap

Go down 
+8
stuntdog
frogge
MrBill60
Big John
davidalan
vonnegut
His Royal Dorkness
Zaphod
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ExpletiveDeleted

ExpletiveDeleted

tv falling to crap - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: tv falling to crap   tv falling to crap - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 1:15 am

Reality TV is on between 6 and 7 and then again at 11pm it’s called the News

“ and that’s the way it is may 6 2018”

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: tv falling to crap   tv falling to crap - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 4:26 am

Funny you should list scripted programming as reality, del. tongue But with that in mind...

I used to say that the only reality tv shows i liked tended to use three letter acronyms - mlb, nba, nfl...

Since then i've learned that at least the latter two are about as "real" as wwe (/wwf), wba, & ibf.

At least we still have mma.

And speaking of wwe/wwf, i know it's been a long time now, but did the World Wrestling Federation lose a lawsuit with the World Wildlife Fund or something?
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: tv falling to crap   tv falling to crap - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 8:53 am

WWE relented. The trademark was clear and the WWF wouldn't sell.
Back to top Go down
stuntdog

stuntdog

PostSubject: Re: tv falling to crap   tv falling to crap - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 6:10 pm

Zaphod wrote:
see last sentence - original show content is better. GoT and BB are originals (Mad Men, Better call Saul, Lost, Handmaid's Tale, Chance, all great shows). i give them total credit and a few others, the rant is more over 'free' tv. The retreads are mostly in the "comedies".

And now I concede the soapbox to anyone else who wants to discuss show opinions, as I'm fighting an untenable argument. BUT - I feel better for venting some. Thank you comrades.

If yer talking about 'free tv' are you just meaning the networks (FOX/NBC/ABC/CBS/CW/FreeForm/PBS), or are you including regular cable?

There have been some really good/great shows on both in the last 15-20 years. Just off the top of my head....
West Wing, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Once & Again, Sports Night, The Good Wife, Freaks & Geeks, Lost, Alias, Firefly, This Is Us, Parenthood, Friday Night Lights, How I Met Your Mother, Veronika Mars, Downton Abbey, 24, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

That's just the networks. If you include regular cable, the list grows....
The Shield, The Killing, Leverage, The Chappelle Show, Burn Notice, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Into The Badlands, BattleStar Galactica, Sons of Anarchy, Rescue Me, The Americans, Halt & Catch Fire.

Just saying. :goof:
Back to top Go down
desi
Admin
desi

PostSubject: Re: tv falling to crap   tv falling to crap - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 1:29 pm

I really think the networks and advertisers are at a lost right now. There’s no set medium for entertainment now. I think YouTube will become the new medium for network TV and streaming services will be for everything else.

With power shifting so much in Hollywood the cable companies would be smart to slowly phase themselves out of the TV business and only providing internet and data storage. This will allow faster growth for the internet of things and reduce the cost of data.

It will also balance things out more and people will back away a bit from the A.I. Thing. We are getting to far ahead in Virtual Reality our science needs to catch up before we go any farther.

The wind blew with a new purpose.

The destruction of a fabrication that once held all the answers.

It destroyed them; swallowed them whole.

Passed through the digestive system of a monster named truth.

-Astaria Stone

Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: tv falling to crap   tv falling to crap - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2018 12:15 pm

going back and rewatching both Cheers and Roseanne from episodes 1. good shtuff maynard
Back to top Go down
TBC

TBC

PostSubject: Re: tv falling to crap   tv falling to crap - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2018 7:09 am

And so it's true we are immune
When fact is fiction and TV reality

~~~ U2 "Sunday, Bloody Sunday"
Back to top Go down
His Royal Dorkness

His Royal Dorkness

PostSubject: Re: tv falling to crap   tv falling to crap - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2018 1:23 pm

FAKE PROPHECY [/sarcasm

but actually it reads like they were reading up on Orwell and Marshall McLuhen.
Back to top Go down
MrBill60

MrBill60

PostSubject: Re: tv falling to crap   tv falling to crap - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Going back and rewatching the Shogun miniseries. (bought the dvd set years ago) , then I'm going to rewatch "I, Claudius", also have the dvd set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tv falling to crap   tv falling to crap - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

tv falling to crap
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2