AFTER LOST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER LOST

A place to talk about your favorite shows after Lost

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWalking Dead season 9 TVGuidebbtn
Top posters
desi (22502)
Walking Dead season 9 EmptyWalking Dead season 9 EmptyWalking Dead season 9 Empty 
gin (20877)
Walking Dead season 9 EmptyWalking Dead season 9 EmptyWalking Dead season 9 Empty 
blondie (18214)
Derek (15292)
ExpletiveDeleted (14879)
iwantmycrayons (13554)
Avalon (9543)
Ez (9256)
Goof (7490)
MrBill60 (6907)

Walking Dead season 9

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zaphod

Zaphod

Walking Dead season 9 Empty
PostSubject: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Is anybody else enjoying this season so far? I think the writers LOVVVVE this bridge plotline as a metaphor for Rick bridging the gap between the groups. They think they are being soooooooooo clever - I say boo. The water that bridge was traversing is definitely surmountable - maybe not for wagons, but people and supplies and horses, heck yeah. Howabout pulling all the people working on that bridge and have them explore to find land to grow food?

Negan and Rick both share the same goal - a large group that protects itself. Negan did it thru intimidation, Rick is trying to do it thru bartering and diplomacy. Maybe this is why Rick is keeping Negan around?

I'm going to need a players roster to keep track of who is in what group and what they believe.

What was the whole point of that house of boarded up zombies? Such a minor scene to just convey some other checkpoint team hadn't checked in. Could've done that with two lines of dialogue.

Everybody's getting all revengy, except Rick and Michonne who appear to be living in la la happyplace land.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:55 pm

Rick needs to step down. He's not cut out for leadership on this level. He wants everyone to be like him and that's not gonna work. He should walk away and let the chips fall.

The war may be over but the Saviors are still the big story line. Blech! If this show is going to be about rebuilding civilization, it needs to get better in a hurry. It sucks right now. Really sucks bad. There needs to be another purging by zombie.
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 11:43 pm

Something I never, ever thought I'd say--

Only interesting thing about that ep was trash lady.

I'm curious as to "A or B"?

And Daryl used the crossbow, so that was cool.

Michonne and Rick bore the living shit out of me.
Back to top Go down
WDGovernor

WDGovernor

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 7:28 pm

little mini rant-

I have always been kind-of a Rick hater(dating back to Season 1, when I was a Shane fanboy) with a few exceptions. I like when Rick gives into his violent nature, or rather, understands when violence in the new world is needed. Such examples are killing Tomas in The Prison or the massacre of the Termites at The Church. This kumbaya shit is so frustrating. His sparing Negan never made any sense to Daryll and Maggie, or me, the viewer. Did Carl's death fuck with him that bad? I guess so. But that brings me back to another point of contention with the writing. Carl's dying wish. It was so incongruous with the bad-ass that was Carl Grimes. He lived one way and died another. I do NOT understand how his dying wish was not for Rick to avenge Glenn and Abraham's deaths. Instead it's play nice. spare Negan, let love rule. I don't buy that in this post apocalyptic world. You brutally slaughter my family(which Glenn was imo, Abraham a dear friend), you have to pay the price. My favorite character Shane would know so.

So we basically know Rick is going to die at some point, this is common knowledge, no spoliler tags needed- and honestly I don't know how it will happen. I pose this question- Knowing it will be a really sad, MOMENTUS event in the series, what way would YOU write Rick out? I think it would be nice to have zombie Lori find her way back and give him a bite....
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 7:50 pm

ugh can't be happier once Rick goes, i hope he gets a dumb meaningless death like falling off that stupid bridge
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 12:58 am

Zaphod wrote:
ugh can't be happier once Rick goes, i hope he gets a dumb meaningless death like falling off that stupid bridge

THAT WOULD BE EPIC

MAKE IT SO, TPTB

I hope that Daryl kills him and then feels all conflicted about it and cuts his hair
Back to top Go down
davidalan

davidalan

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 8:06 pm

WDG: Carl's death was one of the dumbest concepts in the history of television writing.

As for Rick I hope he murders all the zombiecephalic writers before one of them screams I got an idea and bites Rick in the neck. You know: reminiscent of Rick versus Claimer (name forgotten). Now that was a great battle. Up close and gustatory.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 3:34 pm

spoiler:
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 12:25 am

I love the Mystical Plot-Pit Of Destiny 55 55

It's even better than the Convenient Glass Floor Through Which We Must Carry Heavy Things.

I'm not ready for my hopes up yet-- I think I saw a dumpster right behind Rick.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:39 am

vonnegut wrote:
I love the Mystical Plot-Pit Of Destiny 55 55

It's even better than the Convenient Glass Floor Through Which We Must Carry Heavy Things.  

55 55 lol2 55 55
Back to top Go down
vonnegut

vonnegut

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2018 12:30 am

OMG THE DYNAMITE OF DESTINY ON FATE BRIDGE!!! <3 <3 <3

Because who DOESN'T leave boxes of dynamite laying around on bridges that are under construction?

Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 8:47 am

Well I guess things are sort of(?) moving along. I'm not sure exactly what Daryl is doing....has he been camping out in the woods for 6 years now? To what end?

I have an idea on the 'x's on the bodies, but keeping that as potential spoiler.

Not really attached to any characters at the point - I'm watching out of mild interest, but lost the emotional investment. Bummer.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 11:21 am

Daryl is searching for Rick.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod

Zaphod

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 8:59 am

For 6 years? I guess I get Michonne grieving still by being bitter, but really aft so long, if Rick is alive he doesn't wish to return, or otherwise he's dead.
Back to top Go down
Big John

Big John

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 9:26 am

Yeah. I think it's kinda stupid too. I don't write the show though. If you listen to the dialogue between Daryl and Carol, you'll pick up on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking Dead season 9   Walking Dead season 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead season 9
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
AFTER LOST :: TV and Movies :: TV-